BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 59 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 58 59
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What teams have many holdbacks?

Hawks, Madlax, next level, fca, true Annapolis and the crabs. I’m sure I missed a few, but you get where I am going with this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the hawks have holdbacks on their 2029 team????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the hawks have holdbacks on their 2029 team????
Is a frog’s butt watertight?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Asking because I hear they only added a couple kids. And I don’t think they had any last year. Same with madlax but they are notorious for it. They have a 14 year old 2028. And I hear that’s 100% accurate from a guy who makes it his business to know. lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't necessary fault a club for having "holdbacks" on their roster. If two good holdback players show up to "LTLC" club tryouts, they are going to say we don't want you because they are a "holdback". I think any team will take holdbacks....it's just that they tend to migrate to the more talented programs based on reputation of winning (Hawks, Crabs, FCA, 91, etc.)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out next level #3, the car he drives is awesome!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's going on over at Team 91? Got an email today about having "supplemental" tryouts for the 2029 and 2030 teams this coming weekend....during the middle of the spring season?

Is this a desperate attempt to find some unhappy players from other squads after the first two weeks? Both teams have limited rosters and neither team should be in the elite division after getting outscored 2029's (5-27) and 2030's (6-22). I would feel terrible for current players and families who went all in with them. "Top 10 program".....what a joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's going on over at Team 91? Got an email today about having "supplemental" tryouts for the 2029 and 2030 teams this coming weekend....during the middle of the spring season?

Is this a desperate attempt to find some unhappy players from other squads after the first two weeks? Both teams have limited rosters and neither team should be in the elite division after getting outscored 2029's (5-27) and 2030's (6-22). I would feel terrible for current players and families who went all in with them. "Top 10 program".....what a joke!

I think it's an honest attempt by the coaches to pull in talent. Last summer the 91 tryouts at those age groups were poorly attended, not surprised they are small rosters.

And they did this with the 2028s last year, so it's not a one-off tactic.

Some key things about 91:
1) Millon wants all the kids to play at the highest level.
2) They really do try to develop players at the youth level, and as kids fall behind, they don't get playing time and they just go to other clubs
3) They will never say no to a talented player who wants to join mid-year, or for tournaments only. This means your kid could play less and less as the lax year progresses (he may start in the fall, be 2nd line during HoCo, and be relegated to "practice team" for summer tournaments, as the roster swells from 19 to 26 to 30).

You would think this would translate to short term success on the field but it does not. What it does accomplish is to provide substantial funding to T91 to run its (actually elite) high school programs. Ask former 91 parents why they left and I think you get a pretty clear picture of why the teams can't build and retain talent at the youth level. I think the 2029 squad lost 15-16 players from last year's roster. Ask those folks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? You know that? Because I’m pretty sure your are 100% wrong. But you seem like a smart person. So we should all just trust you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Asking because I hear they only added a couple kids. And I don’t think they had any last year. Same with madlax but they are notorious for it. They have a 14 year old 2028. And I hear that’s 100% accurate from a guy who makes it his business to know. lol.
Not accurate. Not even close. Kid is 13, which is a single holdback.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Asking because I hear they only added a couple kids. And I don’t think they had any last year. Same with madlax but they are notorious for it. They have a 14 year old 2028. And I hear that’s 100% accurate from a guy who makes it his business to know. lol.

100% accurate? Try 0% accurate. Just making garbage up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
29 madlax and BLC have no holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks are the oldest 2029 team. Just like their 2028 team.

If history holds they’ll add maybe 4-5 more holdbacks after this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Asking because I hear they only added a couple kids. And I don’t think they had any last year. Same with madlax but they are notorious for it. They have a 14 year old 2028. And I hear that’s 100% accurate from a guy who makes it his business to know. lol.

He will be 14 in the fall but yes 13 now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
29 madlax and BLC have no holdbacks.

give them time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for confirming that the statement was 0% accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? You know that? Because I’m pretty sure your are 100% wrong. But you seem like a smart person. So we should all just trust you.

Whatever you say, Neck Veins, Esq. Nobody knows what post you are even talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever you say, Neck Veins, Esq. Nobody knows what post you are even talking about.

Responding to the person who says hawks are the oldest team and that they have holdbacks. But I do like the new nick name. Solid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So he’s on a 2028 team which is supposed to be 11-12 year olds and has been 13 since at least this fall. Which means he is a late birthday who also held back. Got it.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So he’s on a 2028 team which is supposed to be 11-12 year olds and has been 13 since at least this fall. Which means he is a late birthday who also held back. Got it.

I agree it's ridiculous but honestly...it means he's not technically a double holdback and he's not (quite) 14. So move along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“I agree it's ridiculous but honestly...it means he's not technically a double holdback and he's not (quite) 14. So move along.”

This should not be allowed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're on here whining about holdbacks there is a 100% your kid's team just got beat. Also a pretty good chance your kid is not that good, which is why you feel the need to complain about kids who may only be 4-6 months older than your son, but are bigger, stronger, and more talented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're on here whining about holdbacks there is a 100% your kid's team just got beat. Also a pretty good chance your kid is not that good, which is why you feel the need to complain about kids who may only be 4-6 months older than your son, but are bigger, stronger, and more talented.

Says the double holdback parent? Or soon to be as they realize the advantages!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ugh, quit it. Facts:

1) The holdback situation is ridiculous, unsportsmanlike at the youth level (age 6-14), and indefensible. And not allowed in other sports. Stop defending it.
2) It is firmly entrenched and so unless your oldest kid is a 2032 or younger, there is zero chance it gets fixed before your kid graduates. So get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree it's ridiculous but honestly...it means he's not technically a double holdback and he's not (quite) 14. So move along.[/quote]

It never ends and skill is the ultimate determination of long term success and matriculation. When the proud parents of their freshman starting at attack in HS watch him being carted off the field after being lit up by that almost 20 year old PG who is a full grown man, think back to worrying about only a 1 year difference. Lax will never change the rules, the money is tied to the scholastic system.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
holdback apologist. Somehow 15-18 months older is trimmed to 2-5 months. Please… that’s pre-pubescent competing against a boy mid -puberty. The same parents that defend this are the same type saying that trans boys can compete against girls. It’s literally a decided advantage of physical maturity, body composition and a deeper level of aggression. It needs to end for the integrity of the game. Anyone that defends it is a hold back apologist. Don’t say the high school excuse either because high school evens out due to puberty. It’s preadolescent kids against young men. #cheating

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMom5
holdback apologist. Somehow 15-18 months older is trimmed to 2-5 months. Please… that’s pre-pubescent competing against a boy mid -puberty. The same parents that defend this are the same type saying that trans boys can compete against girls. It’s literally a decided advantage of physical maturity, body composition and a deeper level of aggression. It needs to end for the integrity of the game. Anyone that defends it is a hold back apologist. Don’t say the high school excuse either because high school evens out due to puberty. It’s preadolescent kids against young men. #cheating

I genuinely understand when a late summer (July/august) kid is held back at kindergarten or whatever. But is that same kid then holds back in 5th grade or somewhere else then there parents clearly have issues. That’s basically what this kid on 2028 madlax did. It’s grotesque to be honest. And super sad. I saw that kid play a couple weeks ago. He’s so clearly way ahead of every other kid in terms of maturity. Like what is this even teaching him? It’s just weird. Plus, he doesn’t even make that team elite.

He should go play 2027 and get better playing against tougher competition…if his parents care about his future at least

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct - Additionally, in HS it’s expected to complete against different grades/ages. In youth is pathetic and lame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely agree. Parents holding back kids after Kindergarten are doing them a disservice. It's a selfish act when a CHILD is held back for a parent's and/or coaches beneficial gain wether it be for a scholarship or $$$$. When a CHILD is held back in school it is for academic reasons meaning they are not able to perform at their age and need additional assistance and time in achieving their academic milestones. When a CHILD is held back to create an advantage you are establishing a huge academic gap. Suddenly, your kid is referred to as the "dense" kid in school because he is older than everyone else and has "failed" in the education. While it might not be true, this is how school works. I have been hearing this for over 20 years in the educational field and hear from students all the time.

Also if your kid is so good by being held back them he must not be that good to play at his current age. If he is that good move him up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I genuinely understand when a late summer (July/august) kid is held back at kindergarten or whatever. But is that same kid then holds back in 5th grade or somewhere else then there parents clearly have issues. That’s basically what this kid on 2028 madlax did. It’s grotesque to be honest. And super sad. I saw that kid play a couple weeks ago. He’s so clearly way ahead of every other kid in terms of maturity. Like what is this even teaching him? It’s just weird. Plus, he doesn’t even make that team elite.

He should go play 2027 and get better playing against tougher competition…if his parents care about his future at least

100000%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That terrible. My 2028 will be 12 in the fall lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats, that means your kid is playing up. Every one age 2028 will be 12 by Aug 31st. Birthdays after Sept 1, 2010 are 2029

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats, that means your kid is playing up. Every one age 2028 will be 12 by Aug 31st. Birthdays after Sept 1, 2010 are 2029

Just to reiterate on age will be 12 in the fall….the madlax kid will be 14….pretty disturbing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to reiterate on age will be 12 in the fall….the madlax kid will be 14….pretty disturbing

Exactly, I think he’s missing that point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 13 year olds playing on NL 2028 and a sizeable portion of the Hawks 2028 are or will very soon be 13. There is one 13 year old on ML who has been on the team 3 years. Same with BLC 2028. Big whoop. There is a hold back thread to discuss this issue. You should go there to complain or play rec. Nobody cares except the bench warmer dads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyway. Let’s talk about something else. Clearly the “holdback apologists” (hold back daddies) will always defend their living vicariously through their kid.

Through three. What are the best situations at the following positions

Goalie: NL? Or Hawks? Both are real good
Defense (whole unit) Madlax
Attack (whole unit) madlax
Midfield (whole unit) Hawks (NL CLOSE SECOND)
Faceoff: hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude… in September, on-age kids will be turning. And the kid you reference will still be 13. For another 3 months. So just stop. He’s a legit one year holdback. For which there is another board. You’re making a fool of yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about you complain about 2028 holdbacks on the 2028 string.... this is 2029

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about you complain about 2028 holdbacks on the 2028 string.... this is 2029

Give it time - plenty 28’s will be discussed here very soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this lacrosse thing for you or your kid. Are making up for the glory you missed as a youth athlete. Relax. If you need a trophy to make you feel better I will be more than happy to make you one. Also many rec programs are folding because of how lacrosse is being structured. Many rec programs can't even field enough kids for two or three teams. Ps I will even let you pic what is says on the plaque.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 59 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 58 59
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard