BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 33 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 32 33
Re: Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town season starting up in NJ. What other states still give town priority in spring?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Town season starting up in NJ. What other states still give town priority in spring?

What does this mean ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this mean ?

Some states like NJ have town teams during the spring season through 8th grade which usually takes priority over club teams until early June. What other states have this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this mean ?

Some states like NJ have town teams during the spring season through 8th grade which usually takes priority over club teams until early June. What other states have this?

PAL for LI starts this weekend, Nassau and Suffolk county combined this season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this mean ?

PAL for LI starts this weekend, Nassau and Suffolk county combined this season

I definitely would not say that PAL town teams take priority over club teams on LI though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Jersey, the 8th grade town coaches (assuming paid coaches - not dads) are usually in close contact with the town HS coaches so if your son is planning on going to public HS next year, he is smart to make the town team a priority over club in the spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Jersey, the 8th grade town coaches (assuming paid coaches - not dads) are usually in close contact with the town HS coaches so if your son is planning on going to public HS next year, he is smart to make the town team a priority over club in the spring.

Wrong, regardless of which team your son prioritizes, if he has skill and talent he will play in high school. Thats how it works

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong, regardless of which team your son prioritizes, if he has skill and talent he will play in high school. Thats how it works

So you think it’s NOT smart to prioritize town in 8th grade over club if you intend to play for your town HS next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
updated USCL rankings out,,,,,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you think it’s NOT smart to prioritize town in 8th grade over club if you intend to play for your town HS next year.

Get an English tutor if you are having comprehending my post. It’s written in plain English, no unusual or large words were used.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get an English tutor if you are having comprehending my post. It’s written in plain English, no unusual or large words were used.

laxer, you said “wrong” to my advice. It’s far from wrong. And it’s probably wise, especially if a player is a bubble kid who may have to do everything he can to get HS minutes, including doing the right thing from the coaches’ perspective. Obviously if a player is a top player it is not nearly as important. Most importantly, think wisely.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Omitted a word as it goes against our community forum standards.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

laxer, you said “wrong” to my advice. It’s far from wrong. And it’s probably wise, especially if a player is a bubble kid who may have to do everything he can to get HS minutes, including doing the right thing from the coaches’ perspective. Obviously if a player is a top player it is not nearly as important. Most importantly, think wisely.

Because it is wrong. You’re better off prioritizing wherever makes you a better player if the goal is play as soon as possible in high school. Worrying about an 8th grade coaches relationship with a high school coach and the impact it has on HS playing time is a waste of time. Idk what planet you live on where your conclusion makes any sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no right or wrong. Do what you think is best for your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it is wrong. You’re better off prioritizing wherever makes you a better player if the goal is play as soon as possible in high school. Worrying about an 8th grade coaches relationship with a high school coach and the impact it has on HS playing time is a waste of time. Idk what planet you live on where your conclusion makes any sense

If my kid is a so called bubble player, I would agree that you should walk the line with what the HS coach expects you to do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is sensible advice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring Lax Jam at Stony Brook anyone know what teams will be there ? I heard a lot pulled out due to it being the same week as school spring break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring Lax Jam at Stony Brook anyone know what teams will be there ? I heard a lot pulled out due to it being the same week as school spring break.

Great question. Anyone know ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Webpage says schedules will be posted on Tourney Machine 1-2 weeks prior to April 23, nothing there yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Webpage says schedules will be posted on Tourney Machine 1-2 weeks prior to April 23, nothing there yet.

I hear you. Just figured if anyone that follows this page might now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how Sahem vs Smithtown 7/8 PAL game ended this past weekend? We had a game prior but had to leave. It was a close game in the beginning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8-3 Smithtown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was it Sachem Red or White ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sachem black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sachem black

Smithtown team played well and we did not. I am curious as to how they can play a bunch of 6th graders when our team was told absolutely no 6th graders can play up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sachem black

Smithtown team played well and we did not. I am curious as to how they can play a bunch of 6th graders when our team was told absolutely no 6th graders can play up?

This is the 8th grade forum. You're saying 6th was playing with 8th? For PAL purposes 6th graders aren't allowed to play up at all. 7th can play with 8th though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sachem black

This is the 8th grade forum. You're saying 6th was playing with 8th? For PAL purposes 6th graders aren't allowed to play up at all. 7th can play with 8th though.

Indeed. I was told there was 4 kids in 6gth grade playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sachem black

Yes unfortunately this is true. Apparently the 6 grade parents can’t get along and the 6th grade team imploded. Once again Smithtown Lax has has let these parents ruined a good thing !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sachem black

Yes unfortunately this is true. Apparently the 6 grade parents can’t get along and the 6th grade team imploded. Once again Smithtown Lax has has let these parents ruined a good thing !

who cares what age the kids are? they got crushed by Farmingdale yesterday. this is a '26 forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently you did not read the previous post. The point is the 6 grade kids shouldn’t be playing on the 2026 team. They just aren’t big enough to play against 2026 kids . Do some of them have skills yes but it just straight up dangerous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently you did not read the previous post. The point is the 6 grade kids shouldn’t be playing on the 2026 team. They just aren’t big enough to play against 2026 kids . Do some of them have skills yes but it just straight up dangerous.

The PAL team is 7/8 not 2026

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes 7/8..... Not 6/7/8. Why is Smithtown allowed an no other Town?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do most of the club/travel teams at this age group start to fade away, or at least drop down to a single team, as they approach high school? Most of these clubs still have A and B teams and I believe Express has A,B,C. Is the expectation they shrink down to 1 as some of these kids are already playing with their JV or V high school teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rule is 6th graders cannot play in the 7th and 8th grade division. No exceptions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do most of the club/travel teams at this age group start to fade away, or at least drop down to a single team, as they approach high school? Most of these clubs still have A and B teams and I believe Express has A,B,C. Is the expectation they shrink down to 1 as some of these kids are already playing with their JV or V high school teams?

Most kids will still play club ball. Usually they just practice a little less as JV / Varsity begins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rule is 6th graders cannot play in the 7th and 8th grade division. No exceptions.

Well the rule is obviously being broken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no one cares about this topic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or your hold back!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale’s 2026 town team is legit the best town team in that age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except that they take kids from several other towns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except that they take kids from several other towns.

100% Majority of those kids are not from Farmingdale.

Page 26 of 33 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard