BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 79 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Malvern is the highest ranked team in PA (#14). I'm a little surprised no one else in the Philly area cracked the top 25.....especially Haverford.

That won't last long, Haverford will end up in the top 25, MP won't.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High School lacrosse is so much more fun than club lacrosse....despite the fact that it is probably not as good with most teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High School lacrosse is so much more fun than club lacrosse....despite the fact that it is probably not as good with most teams.

So true! My daughter loves playing in HS and on her HS team. Way more than playing on her club team! The girls in school have more camaraderie and seem to root for each other more. Club starts to become individually competitive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true! My daughter loves playing in HS and on her HS team. Way more than playing on her club team! The girls in school have more camaraderie and seem to root for each other more. Club starts to become individually competitive

Same with my daughters, lasagna and dance parties, fun stickers and car ensembles! Club girls seems less teamy and not as much fun, no parties and no get togethers or digital hangouts like high school team. My youngest son does not have school lacrosse yet and the club seems to have roster rotation, and every year everyone is new so far, and hoping school will be better when he gets to middle and high school. Is this typical experience for girls and boys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same with my daughters, lasagna and dance parties, fun stickers and car ensembles! Club girls seems less teamy and not as much fun, no parties and no get togethers or digital hangouts like high school team. My youngest son does not have school lacrosse yet and the club seems to have roster rotation, and every year everyone is new so far, and hoping school will be better when he gets to middle and high school. Is this typical experience for girls and boys?

Let's hope for a comeback in spirit bracelets and barrettes! Most fun EVER!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok sarcastic Sal! I know you dudes don’t believe in the fun aspect of playing a sport. However, that is what keeps it from becoming a job! Parents are taking the fun out if it for their kids. That’s why the kids like HS ball more. A lot less parents involved!!! Like you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed......Club ball is less about the team and more about the player. HS lacrosse is fun and is centered around the team. The better HS programs and coaches get it right and the kids can play in front of their classmates. Way better atmosphere....don't even get started on the parents. We all have "those" parents on the club circuit....they are the worst.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok sarcastic Sal! I know you dudes don’t believe in the fun aspect of playing a sport. However, that is what keeps it from becoming a job! Parents are taking the fun out if it for their kids. That’s why the kids like HS ball more. A lot less parents involved!!! Like you!

Why are you putting down enthusiasm for spirit and what our girls teams like....go outside and do a spirit cheer, you might feel better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you putting down enthusiasm for spirit and what our girls teams like....go outside and do a spirit cheer, you might feel better!

Going down to Flingers sometimes Chotchkies loaded with at least thirty five pieces of flair and stickers. Those are the days.No way some squatty grump takes away the spirit and fun. Ribbon bracelets are also back in bright colors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I realize the talent pool is a little bit deeper down in the Hoco League but just for the sake of discussion how would winners of the Mid Atlantic Spring league fair against Hoco winners? Would any of our local clubs give their winners a game?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
26 Tigers can play with them, so can 27 Team Ten and Mesa, only the 28 level I think only Freedom can run with the Maryland guys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck this weekend team PA! Represent our area with on age boys!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you’ve got a few 2029 teams like Team 11, NXT and Dukes, a few 2030 like Dukes and DTown Dawgs that all beat some of those HoCo teams last summer and this fall in tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you’ve got a few 2029 teams like Team 11, NXT and Dukes, a few 2030 like Dukes and DTown Dawgs that all beat some of those HoCo teams last summer and this fall in tourneys.

Seems like a no brainer for NXT to organize a showcase where the winners of their Spring league plays the winners of the Hoco league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like a no brainer for NXT to organize a showcase where the winners of their Spring league plays the winners of the Hoco league

Love to hear more about the proposed format of this showcase. Please expand your thoughts and let's get this discussion going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love to hear more about the proposed format of this showcase. Please expand your thoughts and let's get this discussion going.

First thought?-There are 5 age groups in NXT/Mid Atlantic league 26-30. The 5 age group winners of that league play the same age group winners from the Hoco league. The winning team of each age group would be “Mid-Atlantic Cup” Champion or whatever name they come up with for the showcase. But since there would be 5 teams/games whichever league wins the most games i.e. 3-2, 4-1 whatever, that league would get to hold the “Cup” for that season, regional bragging rights. The showcase or championship games would alternate each year between the Proving Grounds and wherever they play their games for Hoco.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern is the highest ranked team in PA (#14). I'm a little surprised no one else in the Philly area cracked the top 25.....especially Haverford.

InterAc season starts today:
Malvern v Haverford (clearly the main event)
Episcopal v Germantown
Springside v Penn Charter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Episcopal v Germantown

Haverford out coached. Mac continues to rule over the new guy and the maniac running the box for Haverford needs to go. Looks like a 4-peat for MP this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched the MP/Haverford game - in the second half Malvern's D ate up Haverford while Haverford's D struggled with one on one situations and sliding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched the MP/Haverford game - in the second half Malvern's D ate up Haverford while Haverford's D struggled with one on one situations and sliding.

Confirmed:
MP 3-1-5-4 13
HS 2-3-1-0 6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Episcopal v Germantown

Haverford out coached. Mac continues to rule over the new guy and the maniac running the box for Haverford needs to go. Looks like a 4-peat for MP this year!
I am going to guess that your son goes to Malvern....just a guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern lost some top players in the country this year but they still have plenty of talent. I would agree that Haverford is the favorite. I think this is LaSalle's year in AAA. Allentown Central Catholic looks like they will be the team to beat in AA but don't count out WC Rustin....some great playmakers.
Watch out for SCH in the InterAc. The aid floodgates for opened for next year as they are adding some strong transfers and a loaded incoming freshman class. they won't be up with Malvern and Haverford, but will surpass EA.

EA has a spectacular FOGO that can be a real difference maker with possession as the rest of their team isn't on par with Haverford or Malvern this year. Very Lehigh"esque." Not the overall talent of most teams but always get possession.

I can't see much changing this spring in the interac:
1 HS (too deep, too talented)
2 MP (ditto)
3 EA (best of the rest)
4 GA (virtually all starters returning but...)
5 SCH (0-10 league record last year, have to be better)
6 PC (finished 5 last year but graduated key players from that team)

halfway through interac season and things playing out as scripted:
MP 5-0
HS 4-1
EA 3-2
GA 2-3
SCH 1-4
PC 0-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MP 5-0
HS 4-1
EA 3-2
GA 2-3
SCH 1-4
PC 0-5[/quote]

EA takes down MP! Without their all american FOGO...that is good coaching folks! Meanwhile, Haverford has all the horses with NO jockeys. Their coaching staff is awful...fight amongst themselves and with other team's parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MP 5-0
HS 4-1
EA 3-2
GA 2-3
SCH 1-4
PC 0-5

EA takes down MP! Without their all american FOGO...that is good coaching folks! Meanwhile, Haverford has all the horses with NO jockeys. Their coaching staff is awful...fight amongst themselves and with other team's parents.[/quote]

Dude running the box is a clown. Wasn't even allowed to speak when Noty was there and now he is Daw's right hand man. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like MP is the #1 team in Philly area still.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you figure that? The season isn’t over yet you still have playoffs and they need to beat one team for a 3rd time (hard to do) and the other split with them , I would wait till the season is over to announce who is number one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you figure that? The season isn’t over yet you still have playoffs and they need to beat one team for a 3rd time (hard to do) and the other split with them , I would wait till the season is over to announce who is number one.

One word: Coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One word: Coaching.

Malvern has so much talent (they didn't rebuild, they reloaded) and so much of it is young

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Posted in another forum:

AS high school comes to an end, which is more fun for your kid (or you), Club or High School lacrosse?

Most favored high school citing factors such as:

-Games meaning more to them especially wins and losses. They didn't care as much about W-L's in club
-More team camaraderie with high school. These are kids they (obviously) go to school with and know better. Club sometimes feels like hired mercenaries
-If you are the better player, then you play more whereas with Club, since everyone is (presumably) paying the same, playing time is split more evenly
-Spring lacrosse after a barren Winter season feels more refreshing where summer club can be a slog sometimes
-High school coaches care more than club coaches about the kids?
-Cheaper than club (unless you pay for private school)
-Less traveling
-Playing against a team of holdbacks may be less prevalent in high school (except Prep schools)
-More emotional investment in the town you live in or (the school you are paying for for Prep). True rivalries seem to mean more in high school and thus,there is more emotional investment

Those who favored Club cited factors such as:

-the level of competition is better and teammates are usually better, at least at the higher levels of Club lacrosse
-traveling around the country with your kid is a (sometimes) rewarding experience
-some like the national exposure of some of the high level Club lacrosse
-even playing time as some players may get buried on a high school bench

Recruiting-wise, it was a wash but I feel that High School recruiting is better than Club recruiting. I have heard stories of Club making a million promises but never delivering when it comes to recruiting, unless you are the superstar of the club. I have been told (but could be mistaken) is that colleges value the high school coach opinion much more than the club coach.

There seems to be a temporal nature to it. Youth club was much more rewarding than youth town lacrosse but as the kids get older, high school becomes more important to kids. I would even venture to say that club has much less meaning to 22's, 23's and maybe 24's.

It also seemed that this logic does not apply to the outliers such as the top national high school teams in the country or the bottom lower clubs. In addition, most of this logic may not apply to the superstars (top 0.5% of players in the country).

Just curious to everyone's thoughts. There truly are no right answers as it is only an opinion that can be formed wholly dependent on your own experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I am saying is the season isn’t over yet , once the inter act chip is played and if they win then yes they would be top in pa. Even tho Haverford lost twice to them the second game went to Ot and Bates crew were well coached against them and won that’s what the inter act is about two season games and them playoffs to decide the winner, all the teams in the inter act are well coached and play monster non league games but until the chip is played the top three are pretty equal and could go one way or the other so enjoy the games and match ups because the playoffs and chip will be really good lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I am saying is the season isn’t over yet , once the inter act chip is played and if they win then yes they would be top in pa. Even tho Haverford lost twice to them the second game went to Ot and Bates crew were well coached against them and won that’s what the inter act is about two season games and them playoffs to decide the winner, all the teams in the inter act are well coached and play monster non league games but until the chip is played the top three are pretty equal and could go one way or the other so enjoy the games and match ups because the playoffs and chip will be really good lax

Big game tomorrow (5/13/22):
EA vs Haverford (both are 7-2 in league play, winner will get sole possession of 2nd place)
Haverford won first meeting 10-9 in OT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see that Radnor downed Salesianum 10-8 yesterday. Score one for the public schools! Salesianum has beaten some nationally regarded teams this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am all for cheering for public schools vs private so I am happy for the win but still tough to cheer for Radnor, the are like private school light.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see that Radnor downed Salesianum 10-8 yesterday. Score one for the public schools! Salesianum has beaten some nationally regarded teams this year.

MP is back posting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am all for cheering for public schools vs private so I am happy for the win but still tough to cheer for Radnor, the are like private school light.....

Not sure why Radnor is "private school light". Do they have reclass/holdbacks? Do they recruit people to come to their school? If so, then you are right. Not sure that is the case though.

Is Radnor a nice section of town that can afford to have a lot of their kids play club lacrosse? Yes. But at the end of the day, you have to have the natural talent, desire, and the grittiness in order to succeed. How are Radnor's baseball and track teams? Radnor's culture for both boys and girls seems to be that a lot of their best athletes choose to play lacrosse as opposed to the other two sports. At other schools, maybe the more athletic kids may play baseball/softball or track. Would love to hear from someone from Radnor as to whether this is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah not exactly. Radnor is a public school - no recruiting, no holdbacks, limited funding for their program compared to the inter ac and other private schools. Radnor is so good because of their youth program which has been great for decades now and their coaching. And yet, they still lose tons of players to private schools every year - many private schools' best players are from Radnor and played in theit youth program. I think that it's hard for you to cheer for them because you are either a private school parent or the parent of a struggling public school. I'm sure you would have said the same thing for Conestoga and Springfield in the early and mid 2010's. Give those boys some credit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah not exactly. Radnor is a public school - no recruiting, no holdbacks, limited funding for their program compared to the inter ac and other private schools. Radnor is so good because of their youth program which has been great for decades now and their coaching. And yet, they still lose tons of players to private schools every year - many private schools' best players are from Radnor and played in theit youth program. I think that it's hard for you to cheer for them because you are either a private school parent or the parent of a struggling public school. I'm sure you would have said the same thing for Conestoga and Springfield in the early and mid 2010's. Give those boys some credit.

No - Probably because they know MP and don't like him. #staypublic but only since 2017!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Limited funding - Except for their booster club $$. No holdbacks - Except for the kids who started kindergarten late (little secret of the rich). MP is a great coaching mind so there has been a resurgence. But you can't compare Radnor to Springfield or Ridley!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get the MP detest? Did he cut your kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get the MP detest? Did he cut your kid?

No just took thousands of dollars for a sub-par product.

Like Reply Quote
Page 45 of 79 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard