BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 125 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 124 125
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's not forget about the stick check the ref pulled on the GCS draw girl once they started winning the draws. I have never seen a ref pull a stick check without being asked by a coach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not Spalding, it’s a top A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS parents ? Only 1 parent chose to take it to another level and engage the other teams parents and THAT was a SPALDING parent. If that game was at GCS and going that way against Spalding....those parents would have been ON the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's not forget about the stick check the ref pulled on the GCS draw girl once they started winning the draws. I have never seen a ref pull a stick check without being asked by a coach.

If a ref. is suspicious that a girls stick is illegal, shouldn’t they call a stick check? . Isn’t it their job to make sure everyone playing fair? They shouldn’t have to wait for a coach to question it! They should do a stick check at beginning of every game and of course if they are suspicious of an illegal stick! A girl could easily switch sticks on her break. A ref. Should look for illegal pockets!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS parents ? Only 1 parent chose to take it to another level and engage the other teams parents and THAT was a SPALDING parent. If that game was at GCS and going that way against Spalding....those parents would have been ON the field.

School from Glen Burnie is all you need to say.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have all seen our share of bad, inconsistent refs over the years and it stinks for the players to play as if they have a hand behind their back and really tough for parents to bite their tounges(even if they/we should). Is the game online anywhere, would love to watch how bad the refs really were.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have all seen our share of bad, inconsistent refs over the years and it stinks for the players to play as if they have a hand behind their back and really tough for parents to bite their tounges(even if they/we should). Is the game online anywhere, would love to watch how bad the refs really were.

Same would love to watch this game with all the complaining

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a ref. is suspicious that a girls stick is illegal, shouldn’t they call a stick check? . Isn’t it their job to make sure everyone playing fair? They shouldn’t have to wait for a coach to question it! They should do a stick check at beginning of every game and of course if they are suspicious of an illegal stick! A girl could easily switch sticks on her break. A ref. Should look for illegal pockets!

Stick check at the beginning is just for pocket depth and anything obvious. Some girls tighten and then loosen it back after, see it all of the time. The in-game stick checks are more in depth. A ref absolutely can call for a check themselves and the draw girl is the most common because they see it up close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our gcs parents were in typical form- I’m a parent of a younger kid but I was embarrassed at the way our parents and girls acted. Bad reffing but no reason ever to act that way. Seems to be the norm.

When you play in AA county you have to expect the worst from the refs. Now 7 cards is crazy, but it is what it is down there.

What does the location have to do with the quality of refs? Bad refs only travel to AACo?

Games at Spalding are notorious for having a ton of cards on the visiting team. This isn't new. Been happening for years. Of course there are bad refs all over but it's a very common issue at Spalding home games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our gcs parents were in typical form- I’m a parent of a younger kid but I was embarrassed at the way our parents and girls acted. Bad reffing but no reason ever to act that way. Seems to be the norm.

When you play in AA county you have to expect the worst from the refs. Now 7 cards is crazy, but it is what it is down there.

What does the location have to do with the quality of refs? Bad refs only travel to AACo?

Games at Spalding are notorious for having a ton of cards on the visiting team. This isn't new. Been happening for years. Of course there are bad refs all over but it's a very common issue at Spalding home games.

ITs not like the refs in the IAAM are connected to that school though right? They are as likely to ref at NDP or GSC as they are Spalding. Seems illogical.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same would love to watch this game with all the complaining
don't believe the game was streamed. AS may have filmed it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stick check at the beginning is just for pocket depth and anything obvious. Some girls tighten and then loosen it back after, see it all of the time. The in-game stick checks are more in depth. A ref absolutely can call for a check themselves and the draw girl is the most common because they see it up close.
never in 4 years of watching IAAM games have i seen a ref do a stick check on a draw player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ITs not like the refs in the IAAM are connected to that school though right? They are as likely to ref at NDP or GSC as they are Spalding. Seems illogical.
they are, but these 3 were extremely bad yesterday. Constant huddling to figure out calls, having to explain to coaches the calls, not getting shot clock resets correct, not stopping the game clock when it should have been, not having the game clock reset to the correct time. they disrupted the flow of the game the entire game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's amazing how a team loses and this is what happens^ Wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's amazing how a team loses and this is what happens^ Wow
obviously you did not see the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assignments are often geography based. If you notice, the same refs usually do games in AA County. You don't see them often up at games in Baltimore area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not affiliated with either of these 2 teams either but, Man, talk about sore losers. I assumed it was a close game but gcs lost by 3 or 4. Give it a rest. Now I recall gcs’s poor sportsmanship last year against st Mary’s. I see a trend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I’m not affiliated with either of these 2 teams either but, Man, talk about sore losers. I assumed it was a close game but gcs lost by 3 or 4. Give it a rest. Now I recall gcs’s poor sportsmanship last year against st Mary’s. I see a trend.

Since you are not affiliated with either team then you were not at the game and should not comment on things you know nothing of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not affiliated with either of these 2 teams either but, Man, talk about sore losers. I assumed it was a close game but gcs lost by 3 or 4. Give it a rest. Now I recall gcs’s poor sportsmanship last year against st Mary’s. I see a trend.
not sore losers, these are legitimate complaints about how the game was called. If AS beats GCS on a level playing field then congrats to them, but they did not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, not affiliated but I’m commenting not on the game behavior but your poor sportsmanship in this forum. I assume it’s only a few gcs crazies that we all know but everyone loves a classy lost- give it a try EG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, not affiliated but I’m commenting not on the game behavior but your poor sportsmanship in this forum. I assume it’s only a few gcs crazies that we all know but everyone loves a classy lost- give it a try EG.
How are legitimate complaints about the ref’s being a sore lost. No comments have been made about the AS players, coaches or parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the banter. save the drama for the playoffs. didn't GCS lose to SPSG last year in the semi-finals when SPSG was down a girl for the 2nd half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sore losers, these are legitimate complaints about how the game was called. If AS beats GCS on a level playing field then congrats to them, but they did not.

You sound like a child, I'm sure your daughter is not at all like that.

Refs are good refs are bad, refs are terrible, happens at every game at every level. Deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the banter. save the drama for the playoffs. didn't GCS lose to SPSG last year in the semi-finals when SPSG was down a girl for the 2nd half.
yup, GCS did not attack the goal instead tried to kill clock. AS almost had the same thing happen to them yesterday. but being up 2 and the 3 players make it a little easier to kill the clock and guard on D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I guess the folks in “The Burnie” must tip the refs a little better than the high falutin county clubbers of Western HoCo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definite poor behavior by GCS parents who can’t accept the fact that their precious daughters actually lost this game. They think so little of Spalding they scheduled their senior night when they played them last year. I guess they assumed that a team based in Severn ~ not Glen Burnie ~ wouldn’t be able to beat their “higher class” girls and need someone to blame for the loss. GCS has been overrated for a couple years now. They are just the last ones to realize that fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definite poor behavior by GCS parents who can’t accept the fact that their precious daughters actually lost this game. They think so little of Spalding they scheduled their senior night when they played them last year. I guess they assumed that a team based in Severn ~ not Glen Burnie ~ wouldn’t be able to beat their “higher class” girls and need someone to blame for the loss. GCS has been overrated for a couple years now. They are just the last ones to realize that fact.
hmm. GCS started playing in the A division in 2017 and has made it to the semi's each year. AS has made it to the semi's once in that same time frame. You may want to recheck your definition of overrated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2-3 DAYS of whining. Please move on. You lost the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2-3 DAYS of whining. Please move on. You lost the game
Nope

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
imagine if Spalding wasn't winning. All of this complaining for a team thats 3-0!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you're the one looking down on Glen Burnie. It's literally one zipcode over and I'm sure there are plenty of students that attend Spalding who live in Glen Burnie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you're the one looking down on Glen Burnie. It's literally one zipcode over and I'm sure there are plenty of students that attend Spalding who live in Glen Burnie.
This is dense… next topic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You recall that? Because GCS did not play St Marys last year. Game was cancelled because of COVID. Let us know what you remember, tho.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yup, GCS did not attack the goal instead tried to kill clock. AS almost had the same thing happen to them yesterday. but being up 2 and the 3 players make it a little easier to kill the clock and guard on D

Actually, GCS hit a pipe on a 1 on 1 that would have put them up 3. Instead ball bounces to SP who rattled off 3 or 4 straight after winning draw. GCS never got the ball on O again.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

My older daughter's team played GCS a few weeks ago and overall the fans were fine. (Good team with great defense FWIW)

They had some students that were screaming at our girls to "get in the weight room" and "stop flopping" but an admin came over and shut that down in second half.

GCS was up 10ish and their fans were still complaining about calls (which were bad calls) but you're are up double digits, just let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

My older daughter's team played GCS a few weeks ago and overall the fans were fine. (Good team with great defense FWIW)

They had some students that were screaming at our girls to "get in the weight room" and "stop flopping" but an admin came over and shut that down in second half.

GCS was up 10ish and their fans were still complaining about calls (which were bad calls) but you're are up double digits, just let it go.

GCS attacker had her lip split open with a hack in the face and there was no call. I think that is what the parents were upset about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bryn Mawr took SPSFG into OT yesterday. Is BMS better or is SPSFG over rated?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why ask a question like this? Get rid of the word overrated
Maybe BM
Played well or SPSG played poorly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why ask a question like this? Get rid of the word overrated
Maybe BM
Played well or SPSG played poorly

Bryn Mawr is the new SPSG

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

GCS attacker had her lip split open with a hack in the face and there was no call. I think that is what the parents were upset about.

That play plus another in the far corner were really rough, I feared the GCS attacker might have separated her shoulder the way she landed.

That said, the GCS parents were chirping / complaining the entire game, wasn't just from that. The guys filming were even shaking their heads at the complaints.

Like Reply Quote
Page 63 of 125 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 124 125
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard