BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 37 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 36 37
Re: Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know what PAL is but thanks for explaining . Nobody is disputing what PAL is , what was said is that PAL is now OVER. It is not jr high lacrosse . Yes, there will be kids playing for the first time and that's wonderful. However PAL for boys ends in 6th grade . They now have a junior high coach that is chosen through the school not a volunteer parent . And they will get on a bus when traveling to play other schools etc......so relax guy, understand what you're talking about before your spew things . I wish you the best , and hope your son has fun playing the sport .[/quote]

Actually there is 7th & 8th grade PAL lacrosse. Check the Nassau/Suffolk PAL page and understand what YOU'RE talking about before you spew your fake news wise guy.[/quote]

The middle school and travel kids are not playing it except for a couple of towns.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.....thats a nice long video of the 9th seed of the north qualifiers on Instagram .....I guess going to the final and ending as the #2 seed isn't enough for express to get any video time . Tournament directors are definitely not biased toward 91, not at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to see a clip of my little pony watching the kids celebrate as express beat machine . Oh wait , we might have to creat a new platform for that to be seen . Definitely not going on the 91 run world series Instagram.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Lacrosse Tournament World Series Edition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow.....thats a nice long video of the 9th seed of the north qualifiers on Instagram .....I guess going to the final and ending as the #2 seed isn't enough for express to get any video time . Tournament directors are definitely not biased toward 91, not at all.

LMAOOOO not on the 91 world series. Partially stole a name and trying to run with it bc their little machine team thought they'd run away with it. Looks Like a few teams may have something to say about that though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAOOOO not on the 91 world series. Partially stole a name and trying to run with it bc their little machine team thought they'd run away with it. Looks Like a few teams may have something to say about that though.

Come on 91 world series directors , post some video of the machine game on Instagram . Let us see the unbiased footage . Let us see what sparked the revenge tour

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's gonna be a lot of revenge talk when 91 wins all their games this spring and summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's gonna be a lot of revenge talk when 91 wins all their games this spring and summer.

You are correct .... because they will be playing in " my lollipop tournaments".....even the NFL has become a joke but enjoy pounding your chests as you beat no name teams and call it a " national championship" lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct .... because they will be playing in " my lollipop tournaments".....even the NFL has become a joke but enjoy pounding your chests as you beat no name teams and call it a " national championship" lol

NLF is no joke, you sound clueless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year's nlf opening in June was a joke . I was there . No Annapolis hawks , no eclipse , no bbl etc......there were only a few good teams there laxachussetts black, express , s2s and machine the rest were a joke . Now they also threw s2s out because someone at 91 threw a tantrum . So I do know what I'm talking about the opening nlf has become a watered down joke , the closing nlf had a lot of teams there and was good . So relax 91 dad, maybe your director should stop throwing tantrums and telling teams they're not invited to there is good competition, instead he chooses to throw teams out and have a watered down opening nlf and then when they win they call themselves national champs . More like national chumps .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from PAL games yesterday? Be nice to share some information rather then bash kids and programs all day long.

Wow. Actually something useful on this message board. Please share any scores if you have them. The PAL website has never had scores or schedules updated.

PAL 7th grade??? They are playing middle school 5 days per week, plus travel another two days per week. Nobody cares about PAL at this grade.

Not all of the kids play travel and PAL lacrosse opens the window for kids to play with their town. Chaminade & St. Anthony's can only take so many. The rest have to go play at their HS programs. Club has created such a toxic environment that people scoff at the new player trying lacrosse and label that kid as an outcast.

Little do all of you elitist know but there's a soccer or baseball kid that will pick up a stick in 7th or 8th grade that will make your kid look silly. Lacrosse is not a game of skill, it's an athlete sport. I'll take a kid that can run for days and is tough over the lazy slug that has great stick skills but can't get out of his own way.

PAL is where those kids have a chance to play. Some people can't afford to pay other peoples mortgages. Keep forking over the $$$$$ and get smoked everywhere you go. But hey, you have nice gear and great helmets. Unfortunately nobody will be real with you and tell you your kid stinks because you pay them.

If your kid is a lacrosse player he should be loyal to his town, his HS, and his buddies before his club. County titles and real championships mean much more than these useless T-shirts and 4k club fees.

Totally disagree. Your statement that soccer kid could pick up a lax stick in 7th and be good was true about 20 years ago. If a kid picks up a lacrosse stick for the first time in 7th he’s most likely way behind and will have a hard time catching up

To say lacrosse is not a game of skill is a silly statement. If a kid can’t catch and throw, switch hands, or dodge by 8th grade he won’t be crushing it in high school. All those skills take time to develop. No matter how athletic you are. If you can’t carry the ball without losing it and shoot effectively, you are liability.

Most kids who like lax are starting travel ball in 2nd/3rd grade. Very unlikely in todays day and age that a kid can pick up a stick for the first time in 8th and be very good. I think it’s insane, but it’s what we created.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silence you cry baby 😭😭😂😂😂 ……

Last edited by Bearded_Kaos; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL 7th grade??? They are playing middle school 5 days per week, plus travel another two days per week. Nobody cares about PAL at this grade.[/quote]

Not all of the kids play travel and PAL lacrosse opens the window for kids to play with their town. Chaminade & St. Anthony's can only take so many. The rest have to go play at their HS programs. Club has created such a toxic environment that people scoff at the new player trying lacrosse and label that kid as an outcast.

Little do all of you elitist know but there's a soccer or baseball kid that will pick up a stick in 7th or 8th grade that will make your kid look silly. Lacrosse is not a game of skill, it's an athlete sport. I'll take a kid that can run for days and is tough over the lazy slug that has great stick skills but can't get out of his own way.

PAL is where those kids have a chance to play. Some people can't afford to pay other peoples mortgages. Keep forking over the $$$$$ and get smoked everywhere you go. But hey, you have nice gear and great helmets. Unfortunately nobody will be real with you and tell you your kid stinks because you pay them.

If your kid is a lacrosse player he should be loyal to his town, his HS, and his buddies before his club. County titles and real championships mean much more than these useless T-shirts and 4k club fees.[/quote]

Definitely agree school ball is very important. Not sure too many do play in 7th grade PAL.

PAL did post scores of games and had standings. They should post this year in this so called new and improved Nassau/Suffolk PAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know what PAL is but thanks for explaining . Nobody is disputing what PAL is , what was said is that PAL is now OVER. It is not jr high lacrosse . Yes, there will be kids playing for the first time and that's wonderful. However PAL for boys ends in 6th grade . They now have a junior high coach that is chosen through the school not a volunteer parent . And they will get on a bus when traveling to play other schools etc......so relax guy, understand what you're talking about before your spew things . I wish you the best , and hope your son has fun playing the sport .

Actually there is 7th & 8th grade PAL lacrosse. Check the Nassau/Suffolk PAL page and understand what YOU'RE talking about before you spew your fake news wise guy.[/quote]

The middle school and travel kids are not playing it except for a couple of towns.[/quote]

Exactly, there are a few towns that do it but most travel kids in 7th do not play PAL in my experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year's nlf opening in June was a joke . I was there . No Annapolis hawks , no eclipse , no bbl etc......there were only a few good teams there laxachussetts black, express , s2s and machine the rest were a joke . Now they also threw s2s out because someone at 91 threw a tantrum . So I do know what I'm talking about the opening nlf has become a watered down joke , the closing nlf had a lot of teams there and was good . So relax 91 dad, maybe your director should stop throwing tantrums and telling teams they're not invited to there is good competition, instead he chooses to throw teams out and have a watered down opening nlf and then when they win they call themselves national champs . More like national chumps .

NLF in July is a top national event

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAL has surpassed the NLF as the top summer tournament. Also, for the 91 " revenge" cheerleader....don't forget your my little pony and the revenge tour lost to the Colorado kings at last year's closing nlf. So I wouldn't get ahead of yourself saying that the revenge tour will win all spring and summer tournaments. I think you would know better by now .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NLF in July is a top national event

NLF in June ,the opening week is a waste of time. Got watered down ....no top teams there anymore . Just another my lollipop tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Revenge tour rah rah rah....Revenge tour rah rah rah , have never heard of anything more ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Revenge tour rah rah rah....Revenge tour rah rah rah , have never heard of anything more ridiculous

World series is nothing like the one my older son won,like 10% of former self, sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

World series is nothing like the one my older son won,like 10% of former self, sad.

I don't have older kids but I heard the same thing. Kids looked forward to the world series and it was a well run event , kids were treated with class . As soon as the original world series owners announced it was over everyone was hoping that it wouldn't be ruined if someone else took it over . Then came word of the 30 kids rosters and some rumblings if who was involved with the new world series and it was all downhill . Very sad . Unfortunately anything that 91 touches becomes a horribly run money grab, complete trash .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please enlighten us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is 2way a good program? Moving to CT and trying to figure it out. Seems the older teams are pretty bad but 27 team looks decent. Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is 2way a good program? Moving to CT and trying to figure it out. Seems the older teams are pretty bad but 27 team looks decent. Thoughts?

2W is a good program.

My son is on a 2W Carolina (A) team, but the program does place a priority on their BLACK (AA) teams.

I still think PT has the best business model, with only one team per grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those complaining that this year's World Series is not well run... I have no idea what you're talking about. Looks like almost all the best teams are participating, except the national teams that don't meet the geographic requirement. The regional tournaments have been really well run - the seedings have been right, and having teams play 6 games in a weekend makes sure the best teams advance. The communication has been great, and they're using NationalID to make sure everyone follows the rules.

Honestly, aside from the weather in the North and Central regions - everything seems just about perfect so far.

I have no idea what people are complaining about.

We'll see how the national tourney goes in June, but our experience so far has been great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfect ?, lol. You brainless fools had the coldest regions play first in brutal snow, ice , rain ......and the warmest regions play last . You also have 9 teams going from one region , way too many . And expanded rosters to 30. Complete money grab . What a joke . In your alternate universe things might be perfect but from any parents point of view as well as the kids that had to play through the worst conditions they ever played in it has been an utter disaster . You also had cameras set up to live stream one field (team 91) with only team 91 playing there ....should I go on ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree - they should have had the coldest regions play first, not last. Bad decision on their part. But your other complaints don't matter. 9 teams from the North? That makes sense, given that there were 18 teams in that region. Maybe it should have been 7 or 8 instead of 9, but that's a pretty minor point. The east had 7 teams, and 4 qualified. Effectively the same ratio, which is what matters.

And, who cares if they expanded the rosters to 30? Barely makes a difference, especially since most teams won't have nearly that many, and the ones that do won't have a meaningful advantage.

And, live-streaming just one field? Who cares?

So, all of the complaints you have seem like minor details.

The only things that really matter to the players...

1. Are the best teams competing? Yes, with the exception of national teams that can't (and shouldn't) qualify, and teams that have too many regarded (age-ineligible) kids
2. Are the regional tournaments well structured? Yes - the brackets are generally seeded correctly, and the teams play lots of games, to ensure that the teams that play the best move on
3. Are quality teams qualifying? Yes

These are the things that matter.

There are other great tournaments (NAL, Sandstorm, Club Nationals, etc.), but this is the best tournament I've seen with legit age-eligibility rules since the original WSYL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those complaining that this year's World Series is not well run... I have no idea what you're talking about. Looks like almost all the best teams are participating, except the national teams that don't meet the geographic requirement. The regional tournaments have been really well run - the seedings have been right, and having teams play 6 games in a weekend makes sure the best teams advance. The communication has been great, and they're using NationalID to make sure everyone follows the rules.

Honestly, aside from the weather in the North and Central regions - everything seems just about perfect so far.

I have no idea what people are complaining about.

We'll see how the national tourney goes in June, but our experience so far has been great.

The complaints are most likely coming from parents of teams that were knocked out. Trying to downplay the World Series now so they don’t feel so bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expanding rosters to 30 is a blatant money grab , taking money from kids/parents who probably won't see the field . Not necessary and don't say that those kids will be happy " just being there ". It's a shameful money grab and everyone knows it .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expanding rosters to 30 is a blatant money grab , taking money from kids/parents who probably won't see the field . Not necessary and don't say that those kids will be happy " just being there ". It's a shameful money grab and everyone knows it .

And it wasn't just streaming one field it was streaming one team . Team 91 machine ,so the people running the show had their bias exposed .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Expanding rosters to 30 is a blatant money grab"... what a weak criticism.

It's an option the LWSC is **offering** for teams that want to bring more kids.

No team is FORCED to bring (or pay for) 30 kids. I'd bet most (maybe all) teams will have an appropriately sized roster. If a team decides to bring 30, but not play them all, that's on them, not the LWSC.

And the streaming? LWSC didn't promise streaming, our team didn't expect streaming, and no one cared that our games weren't streamed. Just doesn't matter at all.

Our kids care about playing good competition, playing lots of games, and a fair structure. LWSC has provided that so far. Your criticisms are irrelevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2W is a good program.

My son is on a 2W Carolina (A) team, but the program does place a priority on their BLACK (AA) teams.

It’s an ok program. Pulls mostly Brunswick hold backs but most of the best players in the area still migrate to PT or Eclipse. Guy who runs it doesn’t have much experience or connections. They generally play in weak tournaments which doesn’t matter now but will down the road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Admin back on the 91 payroll ....won't allow any responses for the world series comments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2W is a good program.

It’s an ok program. Pulls mostly Brunswick hold backs but most of the best players in the area still migrate to PT or Eclipse. Guy who runs it doesn’t have much experience or connections. They generally play in weak tournaments which doesn’t matter now but will down the road.

I would agree that they use holdbacks. But I think of the then as a boutique program. It’s not for everyone but if you are a top holdback there you tend to get in to very good schools. I think the 23 class has some IVys as well as Villanova Colgate and notre dame. Their tournaments are not as well known but the competition is really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Admin back on the 91 payroll ....won't allow any responses for the world series comments

Funny I noticed the same thing multiple times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny I noticed the same thing multiple times.

Really sad actually....then he/she will post this here just so everyone can see that they're being partial lol. Ridiculous. It's a shame that everything has become so biased that someone can't even post their opinion on a youth sports forum .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let's recap ...team 91 has infiltrated the world series , this forums admin, and throws teams out of the NLF tournaments? What a sad, trashy organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let's recap ...team 91 has infiltrated the world series , this forums admin, and throws teams out of the NLF tournaments? What a sad, trashy organization.

The "Spullina" family owns this forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't knock a certain 91 founding family and you will be allowed to post whatever you want here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels train leaving soon. All aboard!! Hurry bc this team is legit and PB taking this team to promise land!!! We had a tough go w world series but still the team to beat, so please let's all join the Rebels train.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels train leaving soon. All aboard!! Hurry bc this team is legit and PB taking this team to promise land!!! We had a tough go w world series but still the team to beat, so please let's all join the Rebels train.

Non Rebels person trying to change the topic

Page 24 of 37 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard