BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 230 of 267 1 2 228 229 230 231 232 266 267
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USA lacrosse never has an never will have any control or oversight over any youth lacrosse league. In the 10 years we have had to pay our kids “membership fee” the only thing we have seen from them is their lame magazine. It only exists to take your $50 a year.
The NCAA 5th year Covid policy will roll downhill to the high school classes that are impacted. Just heard an interview by a football coach last night regarding this. His take, why would he take an 18 year old out of high school versus a 22 year old who has college experience. It’s a no brainer for coaches. Because of that, kids will reclass to try and avoid the NCAA Covid years. It’s unfair all around and the NCAA extra year is a disaster.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"USA lacrosse never has an never will have any control or oversight over any youth lacrosse league. In the 10 years we have had to pay our kids “membership fee” the only thing we have seen from them is their lame magazine. It only exists to take your $50 a year.
The NCAA 5th year Covid policy will roll downhill to the high school classes that are impacted. Just heard an interview by a football coach last night regarding this. His take, why would he take an 18 year old out of high school versus a 22 year old who has college experience. It’s a no brainer for coaches. Because of that, kids will reclass to try and avoid the NCAA Covid years. It’s unfair all around and the NCAA extra year is a disaster."

+1
The only Governing Body more corrupt and out of touch than USA Lacrosse is the NCAA. Our sport has been the victim of terrible leadership for decades. USA Lacrosse should not be able to demand $50 from every player, coach and official in the country without providing a single functional service. The reffing landscape is terrible right now, the rules change every year (and we have multiple sets of rules for indoor, full field, box and now Sixes). The Developmental Team tryouts were a shambles. No U19 boy we know tried out because the competition was a fall Saturday, when all of them would have been playing football for their high schools. USA Lacrosse hold a mirror up to yourself and start getting a 360 degree feedback about your leadership!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Put Chaminade in any public school division and they own it (same w St. Anthony’s). Can’t really disrespect a team that’s constantly ranked top 15 in the country every single year. (And I went to St. Ants)

Has Chaminade not lost to Public Schools over the years?
Wow. Genius. So you take kids from all over and you can beat a team with a specific geographic boundary. Way to be tough guy. How did you do against Darien last year?
Youre very special!

Chaminade does not recruit. Leave that to the other guys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"USA lacrosse never has an never will have any control or oversight over any youth lacrosse league. In the 10 years we have had to pay our kids “membership fee” the only thing we have seen from them is their lame magazine. It only exists to take your $50 a year.
The NCAA 5th year Covid policy will roll downhill to the high school classes that are impacted. Just heard an interview by a football coach last night regarding this. His take, why would he take an 18 year old out of high school versus a 22 year old who has college experience. It’s a no brainer for coaches. Because of that, kids will reclass to try and avoid the NCAA Covid years. It’s unfair all around and the NCAA extra year is a disaster."

+1
The only Governing Body more corrupt and out of touch than USA Lacrosse is the NCAA. Our sport has been the victim of terrible leadership for decades. USA Lacrosse should not be able to demand $50 from every player, coach and official in the country without providing a single functional service. The reffing landscape is terrible right now, the rules change every year (and we have multiple sets of rules for indoor, full field, box and now Sixes). The Developmental Team tryouts were a shambles. No U19 boy we know tried out because the competition was a fall Saturday, when all of them would have been playing football for their high schools. USA Lacrosse hold a mirror up to yourself and start getting a 360 degree feedback about your leadership!

How can Soccer and Hockey development and youth programs do it right and Lacrosse fails miserably

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May I suggest that the HS lax forum be split into separate Public and Private threads?

Question; our public hs has policy of taking all seniors and juniors (boys and girls), usually no cuts, which in turn discourages the underclass more skilled kids and leads to a diluted talent pool. When pressed the administration and coaches say that's the way its always been. Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May I suggest that the HS lax forum be split into separate Public and Private threads?

That's a terrible idea, especially since when anyone says "private" schools we're usually only referring to two teams (two teams which play multiple important games each year against NY metro area public school teams).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question; our public hs has policy of taking all seniors and juniors (boys and girls), usually no cuts, which in turn discourages the underclass more skilled kids and leads to a diluted talent pool. When pressed the administration and coaches say that's the way its always been. Thoughts?

Don’t really get your point. Are you saying skilled 9th and 10th graders choose not to play because there are lesser skilled 11th and 12th graders that make the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it’s HS lax. All the privates play publics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. John’s from DC is coming up to play to St Ants. Game will be on ESPN. Can the DC school hang? May check it out in person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe they are 1 in country. So i assume they will hang and probably be favored

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. John’s from DC is coming up to play to St Ants. Game will be on ESPN. Can the DC school hang? May check it out in person.

When and what time is this game? I think St. John's is one of the top teams in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Future at Chaminade lacrosse is in a slide. Their 10th grade team tied the Friars freshman team today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Future at Chaminade lacrosse is in a slide. Their 10th grade team tied the Friars freshman team today.

That’s very funny! No one keeps score at a scrimmage!

It’s a tie … lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a tie … lol.

Who won in the 5th quarter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a tie … lol.

The funny part is Chaminade played everyone and St. Anthony’s didn’t. It’s called a scrimmage for a reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m upset here. St A had a scrimmage and my son played 0 minutes, 25 other kids watched the game standing with him. But the uniforms fit well even though my boy apparently won’t be needing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will wear out St Ants like an old hat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m upset here. St A had a scrimmage and my son played 0 minutes, 25 other kids watched the game standing with him. But the uniforms fit well even though my boy apparently won’t be needing it.

Sounds like the typical Xpress A team....

I would encourage you to have your son speak to his coach asap. Otherwise he will get lost in sauce.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would encourage you to have your son speak to his coach asap. Otherwise he will get lost in sauce.
If he has to speak to the coach he's already lost in the sauce.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a tie … lol.

The funny part is Chaminade played everyone and St. Anthony’s didn’t. It’s called a scrimmage for a reason.

Chaminade is scrimmaging today with 3 public schools at Cantiague Park.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has to be a better resource for locating score and stats than Newsday. Often scores and stats are incorrect or missing. I've been told that the scorebook is the responsibility of the winning team but not sure if that is true. With scoring titles and school records on the line who checks these things for accuracy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has to be a better resource for locating score and stats than Newsday. Often scores and stats are incorrect or missing. I've been told that the scorebook is the responsibility of the winning team but not sure if that is true. With scoring titles and school records on the line who checks these things for accuracy?

Scores and Stats reporting have always been inconsistent and somewhat inaccurate. It is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scores and Stats reporting have always been inconsistent and somewhat inaccurate. It is what it is.

Nobody checks for accuracy, most of the time the stats are kept by HS girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is what you do, go to your kid's game. Write down all his stats for yourself. Rip the book out of the Sophomore girl's hand, tell her you are compiling really important information that could be vital to your son receiving a full ride to Duke. Now compare the stats, if she got it wrong, cross out and initial and put the proper stats in there. Go get 'em, Tiger!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dominate (12-4) win by Mt Sinai over Northport. Class C county champ over Class A. No Northport goals 6 on 6. Even after they lost their #1 defenseman. Did anyone expect such a result?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did. They’re really good and have probably the best HS coaches on LI and the #1 recruit in the country. They're going to beat anyone they play by at least 5 goals. There’s not a team in Suffolk that will hang with them. That includes St Anthony’s. It’s only 1 game but they ran Northport off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did. They’re really good and have probably the best HS coaches on LI and the #1 recruit in the country. They're going to beat anyone they play by at least 5 goals. There’s not a team in Suffolk that will hang with them. That includes St Anthony’s. It’s only 1 game but they ran Northport off the field.

SA would beat them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is what you do, go to your kid's game. Write down all his stats for yourself. Rip the book out of the Sophomore girl's hand, tell her you are compiling really important information that could be vital to your son receiving a full ride to Duke. Now compare the stats, if she got it wrong, cross out and initial and put the proper stats in there. Go get 'em, Tiger!!

Only The people in Mt Sinai care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t get ahead of yourself there Sparky, they are very good but Northport was a one year wonder. There are plenty of the usual suspects who will run with them.

Especially St. A. Too bad that won’t happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy with that. Yorktown game them all they can handle yesterday. Joey S. Is a special player who scored 5 out of the 7 goals they had, remove him from that team and they are average at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t get ahead of yourself there Sparky, they are very good but Northport was a one year wonder. There are plenty of the usual suspects who will run with them.

Especially St. A. Too bad that won’t happen.

Anything can happen if 2 coaches want it to……. There’s plenty of fields and good causes they could raise money for… but here’s a suggestion. A day of non league contests to raise money or donations for Ukrainian refugees…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do kids keep signing up to stand on the sidelines at LIE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for your club comment Coaches in PAL, where it’s mandatory for every kid to play at 6 minutes a half have kids stand on the sidelines, every coach and team does this. And as for being upset about playing time…it’s HS, and the best play, period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy with that. Yorktown game them all they can handle yesterday. Joey S. Is a special player who scored 5 out of the 7 goals they had, remove him from that team and they are average at best.

There are not a lot teams in the tri-state that could handle St As or Chaminade this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for your club comment Coaches in PAL, where it’s mandatory for every kid to play at 6 minutes a half have kids stand on the sidelines, every coach and team does this. And as for being upset about playing time…it’s HS, and the best play, period.

In games, sure, you play the best and ride them to win. Except, we are talking about a scrimmage. You run 15 or 16 kids in a scrimmage? Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That kid is a one man show! 91 smash was nothing untail that kid left 2020 crush and played on that team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why you jumped down this guys throat. He is asking a legit question. If stats don’t matter why does everyone cite them? Not sure who pissed in your coffee to get so agitated about someone’s legitimate question. Is this what forums are for you to rip someone and then high five your buddy in the cubicle next to you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why you jumped down this guys throat. He is asking a legit question. If stats don’t matter why does everyone cite them? Not sure who pissed in your coffee to get so agitated about someone’s legitimate question. Is this what forums are for you to rip someone and then high five your buddy in the cubicle next to you?

We have a buddy whose wife volunteered to help with the scoring for the local public school (Nassau) team because “nobody wanted to do it.” It was amazing how quickly she started counting hockey assists as assists and Junior started flying up the points chart. Nobody cared except for the stunands who pull together these “Top 100” lists who figured this kid must be something to be such a prolific scorer. Whatever it takes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a silly question, you know it. Stats don't matter, it's been proven numerous times. Recruiters don't look at Newsday, they see what they want on the field. Stats are for guys like you to show everyone at work what a stud your kid is. But maybe if you keep patting that guy on the back he'll take you out for a nice steak dinner. Just be careful of what he wants in return there skippy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a silly question, you know it. Stats don't matter, it's been proven numerous times. Recruiters don't look at Newsday, they see what they want on the field. Stats are for guys like you to show everyone at work what a stud your kid is. But maybe if you keep patting that guy on the back he'll take you out for a nice steak dinner. Just be careful of what he wants in return there skippy.

I'm a union dock builder. Today at work there was a guy doing just that at work. Trying to portray how much of a stud lacrosse player his son is. Well, after 3 minutes of his bosting, and predicting where and what his kid is going to do for a living in front of 5 other guys, I felt so sorry for this guy for opening his mouth. Guy talks to me all day long about how great his kid is. My kid is an average middle school player, mostly playing the game for fun. Some parents are just so over the top with their MDLax and fail to realize no one outside of their circle CARES about someone's kid playing lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Page 230 of 267 1 2 228 229 230 231 232 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard