BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 95 of 255 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 254 255
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks and ML played out somewhat as expected.

NL blowing out Crabs wasn’t expected.

Thought FCA would have beaten True by more.

Congrats to BLC.

AAAA looks very even. Blue Claws should go undefeated.

91 won’t be as terrible as people thought.

91 beat a DC Express team that was still trying to fill roster spots *checks notes*....last week.

In 2028? DCE doesn't have teams at this age group, it's still Bethesda LC until 8th grade.

You're right, sorry, True DC. Rest of my story is correct though LOL.

91 28s lost. Still not sure what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any scores from AA and AAA and AAAA were only talking elite right now

Scores are finally posted on HoCo website.

AAAA (old AAA) featured games with good scores, no surprises whatsoever.

AAA (old AA) also basically good games with reasonable 1-5 point differentials except for True Baltimore 15-0 blowout of Baltimore Elite. No big surprises though.

AA (old A) scores are all over the place. Bracket is a weird combo of last year's A teams and last year's AA teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
any scores from AA and AAA and AAAA were only talking elite right now
Top caliber beat DMV
Blc Beat Rockfish
NL red Beat LTLC
Ville beat someone IDK who

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
only two games i know the scores of from AA are NL red beats ltlc BLC orange beats rockfish red 13 4
These two teams will tear up AA Blc beat diamondback DMV and Top caliber and NL beat TOP caliber

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 9- MadLax 5.

Great game! Both sides played well, awesome matchup to start the season!

Seemed to be a close game until the end. Didn’t see ML win many face offs. Hawks definitely a much deeper team of quality players but ML may have one of the best players in the league. Doubt Hawks will lose this year.

Is the Madlax player people are talking about the offense running through the lefty attackman or the big middie?

People are talking about the lefty manchild at middie who looks like a video game cheat code and is basically unstoppable. He had a hat trick yesterday, including a rip from about 20 yards out.

He’s 13.5 yrs old - really dominating or total FRAUD

Ran through the 2027 Hawks D hardly challenged so was probably apples to apples - coach was shadowing too and didn't work. Rumor he lit up 27/26 box too. Probably real deal.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 9- MadLax 5.

Seemed to be a close game until the end. Didn’t see ML win many face offs. Hawks definitely a much deeper team of quality players but ML may have one of the best players in the league. Doubt Hawks will lose this year.

Madlax was facing off with a pole for the 4th. 3-3 game at half, Hawks had more horses in the end and pulled away in the 2nd half. Hawks clearly better team, Madlax runs everything through one player basically, but you gotta do what you gotta do

Madlax coach is unhinged and yelling for 50% of the game. Why would anyone play for that guy or that team. If I’m an offensive player, and they only want one kid to do everything, why be there? These are pivotal years

It looked like they tried but none of the others could even get a shot off. Shows how good Hawks D are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s me or the PS5
Tell me which of us is more your type
Seems like you can’t decide
So if it’s not me (Hm)
Then I’m probably gonna run it over

[ChillLaxin] out my butt
Booted up my PC, ’cause I need, need
To get that Fortnite battle pass
I like Fortnite, did I mention Fortnite?
I like Fortnite, it’s night time
I mean it’s five o’ clock, that’s basically night time
Y’all remember Cartoon Network, Adventure Time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 13.5 year old gets zero props. Neither do the hawks cadre of 2027s for that matter but hey it’s MD club lacrosse we are talking about here.

So true

detest to hammer on but until all leagues and tourneys adopt the US Lax age system it is what it is and only gets worse over the next 2 years for the 2028's. No sense endlessly complaining, unless it makes you feel better - but it also makes you sound bitter. The reality is that every grad year can be comprised of up to 3 age groups. Ultimately all these parents want their kids to start HS as a freshman so they'll be competing 3 grad years up, the MD Club Lax system is an extension of that. So if your player is on age or even playing up and doing well it will only make them better. detest the system, not the kids and give them the credit their due. I take it at face value, make the best of it and just appreciate all the kids that I watch. So props to the Hawks cadre, the Madlax stud and any other 2028 who are excelling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for Week 2

Hawks 12 BLC 4
FCA 7 Crabs 2
True 9 KP 2
NL - Windshield Madlax - Bug

This board is already in mid season form!

Madlax always chokes against NL and NL has a real good FOGO. NL 8 Madlax 6. Long year for Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the crabs lose players? Yikes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL sharing the ball much better; attack improved; crisp for opening game. Would have been closer to 20 if Crabs goalie hadn't stood on his head a few times point blank.

So do the NL dads think you can take it to ML this weekend? This game might be must see for the reaction of the ML coach alone if NL gets it’s act together on offense.
Madlax kids seem like good kids, they’re a great team. Don’t criticize kids on here… coaches are fair game for sure. As are unruly parents, which seems rare during games, common on this board

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 13.5 year old gets zero props. Neither do the hawks cadre of 2027s for that matter but hey it’s MD club lacrosse we are talking about here.

So true

detest to hammer on but until all leagues and tourneys adopt the US Lax age system it is what it is and only gets worse over the next 2 years for the 2028's. No sense endlessly complaining, unless it makes you feel better - but it also makes you sound bitter. The reality is that every grad year can be comprised of up to 3 age groups. Ultimately all these parents want their kids to start HS as a freshman so they'll be competing 3 grad years up, the MD Club Lax system is an extension of that. So if your player is on age or even playing up and doing well it will only make them better. detest the system, not the kids and give them the credit their due. I take it at face value, make the best of it and just appreciate all the kids that I watch. So props to the Hawks cadre, the Madlax stud and any other 2028 who are excelling.

Good point. Kid rippers are either jealous kids or envious parents with the mentality of one. Don't be a kid ripper.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for Week 2

Hawks 12 BLC 4
FCA 7 Crabs 2
True 9 KP 2

Madlax will not lose again in HoCo. Including the championship game against Hawks. They will beat NL by 6+

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 9- MadLax 5.

Madlax was facing off with a pole for the 4th. 3-3 game at half, Hawks had more horses in the end and pulled away in the 2nd half. Hawks clearly better team, Madlax runs everything through one player basically, but you gotta do what you gotta do

Madlax coach is unhinged and yelling for 50% of the game. Why would anyone play for that guy or that team. If I’m an offensive player, and they only want one kid to do everything, why be there? These are pivotal years

It looked like they tried but none of the others could even get a shot off. Shows how good Hawks D are.
Not informed. Was 7-5 with 4 minutes to play. Madlax missed the cage a bunch of times in close, or the result is different— despite a HUGE disparity at Faceoff, where Madlax might have won once after halftime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for Week 2

Hawks 12 BLC 4
FCA 7 Crabs 2
True 9 KP 2

Madlax will not lose again in HoCo. Including the championship game against Hawks. They will beat NL by 6+

3rd straight loss for Madlax at the hands of the Hawks in HOCO. These proclamations are fairly weightless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL sharing the ball much better; attack improved; crisp for opening game. Would have been closer to 20 if Crabs goalie hadn't stood on his head a few times point blank.

So do the NL dads think you can take it to ML this weekend? This game might be must see for the reaction of the ML coach alone if NL gets it’s act together on offense.
Madlax kids seem like good kids, they’re a great team. Don’t criticize kids on here… coaches are fair game for sure. As are unruly parents, which seems rare during games, common on this board

Agree on all counts. Message board trolls don't get to define these rivalries. NL kids have respect for ML kids and vice versa. Many are friends and classmates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Hawks son yesterday on the drive home. "Their coach is really mean, but I like their players. They're good guys."

Let the kids play. Adults ruin everything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the crabs lose players? Yikes.
Was it the same Crabs team that beat up on True Annapolis a week ago ? Were kids on spring break?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where’s the preds talk??? Pretty quiet lately.
Preds won't be relevant until they start playing their starters and playmakers more than half of the game.

Budweiser salutes you, Mr. Salty Dad of a Backup Player.
Just stating obvious facts. Even playing time is a Rec Ball move. Every other club is playing to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did they do against Team Money?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where’s the preds talk??? Pretty quiet lately.
Preds won't be relevant until they start playing their starters and playmakers more than half of the game.

Budweiser salutes you, Mr. Salty Dad of a Backup Player.
Just stating obvious facts. Even playing time is a Rec Ball move. Every other club is playing to win.

oh look its preds dirty laundry that nobody cares about. means nothing to me personally but if you are so concerned about "what other clubs" are doing, your kid should go play for "other clubs."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is blaming the kids for being 13.5 playing against 11-12yr olds. It’s the parents at fault and how gross they are to act like their kids a stud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is blaming the kids for being 13.5 playing against 11-12yr olds. It’s the parents at fault and how gross they are to act like their kids a stud.

Another troll this time taking parental shots at people they have no knowledge of whatsoever. It must be heck to live in continual detest and discontent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another troll this time taking parental shots at people they have no knowledge of whatsoever. It must be heck to live in continual detest and discontent.

Parents are free game - especially ones who ……

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for Week 2

Hawks 12 BLC 4
FCA 7 Crabs 2
True 9 KP 2

This board is already in mid season form!

Madlax always chokes against NL and NL has a real good FOGO. NL 8 Madlax 6. Long year for Madlax.

Madlax needs more holdbacks if they really want to compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland seems dysfunctional. Holding kids back in school for lacrosse? Acting like no one should call you out that your kid is 1-2 years older than everyone else? Guess what your kid isn’t super talented, he’s just older!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So does 91 dress all 30 for the game? Or are the “practice players” in sweatsuits on the sideline like the scout teamers at ohio state

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland seems dysfunctional. Holding kids back in school for lacrosse? Acting like no one should call you out that your kid is 1-2 years older than everyone else? Guess what your kid isn’t super talented, he’s just older!

My kid is on age. He has a few teammates with summer birthdays (which put them maybe 6 months above a theoretical average age), but I have yet to meet anyone who held their kid back for lacrosse in the 2028 year. It’s more likely to happen in 8th grade. If it seems unbelievable that people would do that when their kid is in elementary school then that should tell you something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So does 91 dress all 30 for the game? Or are the “practice players” in sweatsuits on the sideline like the scout teamers at ohio state

You can complain about a lot of players in a team. It does help with practice and scrimmaging within a team. Not saying kids shouldn't all get field time. In this area it was helpful to have Koopers league too since one 40m a week game goes fast. Not sure why that isn't running but it was helpful.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have to agree with the holding back idea being ludicrous. My son plays on age. His club team is ALL on age and continuously ranked in the top 2-3 in the country. Holding your son ( or daughter) back so they can be a stud with lower kids is a joke. Mine has played "up" a few times in the last few years and could hold his own no problem. So which kid is doing better? The re-classed down kid, or the one who can play up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great question. Every time I have brought it up here, the response is that there's no such thing, this is all falsehoods, everything is amazing at 91, soon to be elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MAR2026
I have to agree with the holding back idea being ludicrous. My son plays on age. His club team is ALL on age and continuously ranked in the top 2-3 in the country. Holding your son ( or daughter) back so they can be a stud with lower kids is a joke. Mine has played "up" a few times in the last few years and could hold his own no problem. So which kid is doing better? The re-classed down kid, or the one who can play up?

Dead horse is back. Take it to the holdback page, someone might care. And yes, my 2028 kid is younger than yours. Still 11. Very few of them with only a few months to go till he’d be a 2029 on age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every holdback will have turned 13 by August. Two thirds of them will have already turned 13. Get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great question. Every time I have brought it up here, the response is that there's no such thing, this is all falsehoods, everything is amazing at 91, soon to be elite.
Seemed like a lot of kids didn't get playing time on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every holdback will have turned 13 by August. Two thirds of them will have already turned 13. Get over it.

I am opposed to the current holdback status quo BUT...........it doesn't matter and it pervades the sport....and it's increasing across the country as well. Guess what, there are boys playing at every HoCo bracket for 2028s that are already 13 years old. For a fact......... at Elite, 4A, 3A, and A. Assume there are some at AA too. "Why" and "When" the kids were held back is semantics, because they aren't forced into birth year slots and that's the end of it.

And guess what, these boys are middle schoolers now. If they aren't playing for a school team with older kids, they will be soon. Any changes to the rules of the game (highly unlikely) would go into effect with the 2032s or 2033s, if it happened today.

TLDR......get over it. Everyone who doesn't benefit from it hates this part of the sport. Oh well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seemed like a lot of kids didn't get playing time on Sunday.

This is how 91's youth teams are run. Big rosters, drop-in players during tournaments, and about half of the roster gets "real" PT while the other half, according to MM, is "getting developed." There's some truth to that, and some untruth to it.

Pro: A kid that barely makes the roster, through the year, has a chance to grow and prove himself. Some kids take the opportunity, most don't.

Con: It could be argued that this is a fantastic fundraising ruse for 91, knowing 1 month into the year that you'll convince the bottom half of the roster (who pays in full) that they shouldn't return to 91 the following year. Which is why you see 91 helmets at A-level tryouts among the 2028s, and why the 2029 T91 squad bailed out and went to Predators without even knowing what Predators would be (or wouldn't be).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MAR2026

No they aren't ranked in the top 2-3 and no they aren't on age and no your kid didn't play up. And nice try creating a profile in March to post this.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Omitted a word as it goes against our community forum standards.
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The FCA/True Annapolis score from this weekend suggests there is maybe more parity than we thought among the elite teams. The Crabs/FCA and Madlax/Next Level games this week should be pretty interesting. Does Madlax still have separation from the next few teams and can Crabs bounce back and have a good result? Can BLC keep it relatively close with the Hawks? Can KP keep it close with True?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The FCA/True Annapolis score from this weekend suggests there is maybe more parity than we thought among the elite teams. The Crabs/FCA and Madlax/Next Level games this week should be pretty interesting. Does Madlax still have separation from the next few teams and can Crabs bounce back and have a good result? Can BLC keep it relatively close with the Hawks? Can KP keep it close with True?

Madlax will beat the Crabs, BLC, FCA, True by 10. They struggle with the Hawks due to FO issues. Same with NL. The NL FOGO is the best in Elite, and the Hawks kid (down from 2027 last year) is also very good. 50/50 at the FO is a 5+ goal win for Madlax against Hawks and NL. 10+ against the other Elites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're saying we'll know more about how good these teams are relative to one another once they play each other? Scorching hot take.

Like Reply Quote
Page 95 of 255 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 254 255
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard