BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30
Re: 2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All of this nonsense is nothing more than jealousy, way too many parents just can't stand it when someone is better than their daughter and receives more attention and accolades. All they want to do is tear down and try to diminish the player, the school, the team the accomplishments and the accolades. Just look at what happens when Inside Lacrosse HS player rankings come out, look at what happens when UA Underclass teams are selected, listen to what people say when players commit to college etc... In this case, they can't deny the talent, athleticism or ability of the player so the attack the player personally.

That’s just the go to statement of the unoriginal lacrosse cancel culture . There are many great players who just about all have only positive things to say . Sam Apuzzo and Kayla Treanor come to mind . Your long winded response above is ridiculous.

It's actually pretty accurate. I have witnessed delusional parents tearing down children since my daughter was in the third grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this nonsense is nothing more than jealousy, way too many parents just can't stand it when someone is better than their daughter and receives more attention and accolades. All they want to do is tear down and try to diminish the player, the school, the team the accomplishments and the accolades. Just look at what happens when Inside Lacrosse HS player rankings come out, look at what happens when UA Underclass teams are selected, listen to what people say when players commit to college etc... In this case, they can't deny the talent, athleticism or ability of the player so the attack the player personally.

That’s just the go to statement of the unoriginal lacrosse cancel culture . There are many great players who just about all have only positive things to say . Sam Apuzzo and Kayla Treanor come to mind . Your long winded response above is ridiculous.

It's actually pretty accurate. I have witnessed delusional parents tearing down children since my daughter was in the third grade.

Another ridiculous response , no one cares that you are too cowardly to call out these delusional parents , actually you should be disgusted with yourself . The fact that some feel CN is not a player they want their daughters to emulate has nothing to do with jealousy . Her style of play is all about her and she has shown poor sportsmanship since playing in college , it’s not even debatable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another ridiculous response , no one cares that you are too cowardly to call out these delusional parents , actually you should be disgusted with yourself . The fact that some feel CN is not a player they want their daughters to emulate has nothing to do with jealousy . Her style of play is all about her and she has shown poor sportsmanship since playing in college , it’s not even debatable.

Exactly! She gets all kinds of accolades for her selfish playing and is named the best player. What message is this sending? You don’t need to be a team player in womens lacrosse? This is not jealousy, just wondering what message it’s sending to the youth?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, "cowardly"... this from the person who believes it is courageous to "call out" a young woman on an anonymous forum because you do not like the way she plays a game. Talk about delusional. If you do not like the way she plays, stop watching her and if you do not want your daughter to be like her than do your job as a parent. Hopefully you do not teach your daughter to anonymously bash people online (who have done nothing to you) and then pound your chest about how virtuous you are. Yes, I would say coward describes you perfectly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! She gets all kinds of accolades for her selfish playing and is named the best player. What message is this sending? You don’t need to be a team player in womens lacrosse? This is not jealousy, just wondering what message it’s sending to the youth?

Obviously you know very little about the sport, she is not a selfish player, she is playing her role and doing exactly what her coaches want her to do. Just because she scores a lot of goals does not mean she is a selfish player. The selfish players are the ones who try to do what CN does but do not have the ability to do so, they are the ones who hurt their team because they go to the goal and take shots when they should not. They shoot into the goalies stick and although it does not show up as a turnover that is exactly what it is. These same players will generally have a below average shooting percentage and will hinder their own teammates and hurt the team. The crazy part is these players (and the parents) will be happy if the they come away with a goal or two on 8 shots even if the team loses. Parents complaining about a player because they do not like the way a player reacts after she scores a goal is a bit crazy. Try to justify your attacks however you like but as a previous post pointed out all of the attacks are rooted in jealousy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good grief, your self righteousness is getting old. If the BC coach thought she was hurting the team I’m sure she would address any issues if they existed. If you do not like her style of play do not watch her. Whining about your perception of reality is a bit much. She is a great player, I will leave it up to her coaches and teammates to determine what type of teammate she is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you know very little about the sport, she is not a selfish player, she is playing her role and doing exactly what her coaches want her to do. Just because she scores a lot of goals does not mean she is a selfish player. The selfish players are the ones who try to do what CN does but do not have the ability to do so, they are the ones who hurt their team because they go to the goal and take shots when they should not. They shoot into the goalies stick and although it does not show up as a turnover that is exactly what it is. These same players will generally have a below average shooting percentage and will hinder their own teammates and hurt the team. The crazy part is these players (and the parents) will be happy if the they come away with a goal or two on 8 shots even if the team loses. Parents complaining about a player because they do not like the way a player reacts after she scores a goal is a bit crazy. Try to justify your attacks however you like but as a previous post pointed out all of the attacks are rooted in jealousy.

Kinda hurt them vs UNC when she forced it trying to go through three down one. Had another 4 goals today. (36% shooting 😬)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to JMU!
Pitt hanging with BC.
What's up with Penn?
GTown coach has to go.
PSU, talk about up and down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, "cowardly"... this from the person who believes it is courageous to "call out" a young woman on an anonymous forum because you do not like the way she plays a game. Talk about delusional. If you do not like the way she plays, stop watching her and if you do not want your daughter to be like her than do your job as a parent. Hopefully you do not teach your daughter to anonymously bash people online (who have done nothing to you) and then pound your chest about how virtuous you are. Yes, I would say coward describes you perfectly.

This from the flaccid coward who says nothing when they hear adults “ tearing down “ little girls . I did not bash CN on a personal level I just stated I don’t like her style of play and yes it was stated anonymously on a lacrosse forum , if you don’t like it then don’t come onto a lacrosse forum . As far as the coaches addressing a players unsportsmanlike celebrations and me first style of play , it’s been done before so now all the player needs to do is transfer instead of listening .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC v Pitt not a bad game. Pitt played well. But in a game like that why would BC not play your starting goalie? Is Hall injuried?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Maryland wins the National Championship, Aurora Cordingley will win The Tewaaraton Award.

Neither of those are going to happen. After watching the front runners of Ortega and North this past weekend play against over matched opponents like they only care about their stats I hope a defender or two way middy wins the award .The ball hogging gets old.

Maryland has as much of a chance as any team to win the championship. Cordingley has as much of a chance as any player. While I believe good two way middies, defenders and goalies are more important to a teams success it is more difficult to quantify their value. Would love to see true midfielder, defender who plays man to man or a goalie win it.

Sorry but give the Maryland thing a rest they have not beaten anyone the teams they have played are a combined 16- 29 and all of them are below 500 . AC not even close the top of the list and yes is putting up good numbers but against who ?

They dominated Florida, who just beat the #3 team last night. Got a nice road win vs UVA. Has multiple players that can score.
No reason to think they aren't a Final Four contender.

That didn’t age well . Now you have a reason .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good grief, your self righteousness is getting old. If the BC coach thought she was hurting the team I’m sure she would address any issues if they existed. If you do not like her style of play do not watch her. Whining about your perception of reality is a bit much. She is a great player, I will leave it up to her coaches and teammates to determine what type of teammate she is.

What a bunch of drivel . Your on a lacrosse forum , talking about a players style of play or on field decision making or Sportsmanship is part of it . If you think her teammates like her style of play then it’s interesting she had to address the team apologizing for it . My understanding is she is a great person and very personable I just find her celebrations after scoring her 6 th goal of the day when BC is up by 10 objectionable but I guess that’s something people like you enjoy .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a bunch of drivel . Your on a lacrosse forum , talking about a players style of play or on field decision making or Sportsmanship is part of it . If you think her teammates like her style of play then it’s interesting she had to address the team apologizing for it . My understanding is she is a great person and very personable I just find her celebrations after scoring her 6 th goal of the day when BC is up by 10 objectionable but I guess that’s something people like you enjoy .

Yes, I think it’s ok to talk about a woman lacrosse player regarding her lacrosse playing style. She’s not a child and it doesn’t seem anyone discussing her personally or attacking her that way. She is on a public stage and in the national spotlight. She seems to enjoy the spotlight as well. So, if people want to make the opinion they feel she plays selfishly, they have that right and I doubt it’s about jealousy. It’s observation and opinion.

My issue was her type of playing and being rewarded as best player for it? Wondering how younger players perceive it? Will it make them want to play more selfishly, and for their own personal goals. I think a Fair point open for discussion on a lacrosse forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the point of this ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TheBackOfTheCage
Please use this thread to discuss the 2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season

Previous Posts from the 2021-2022 College Season thread:

Who wins it this year? Does North repeat as Tew winner? What players emerge to lead teams vs last year? Who will lead the freshmen class(lots of redshirts last year)?

Comes down to who wins the duel between Hall and Moreno. Great goalie play making a difference in the tourney in a key spot has been the key to the last two champs (Megan Taylor and UMD in 2019 and Rachel Hall as discussed here).

Who wins it this year? Does North repeat as Tew winner? What players emerge to lead teams vs last year? Who will lead the freshmen class(lots of redshirts last year)?

It is doubtful that BC Repeats as Champions.

I think UNC is the favorite, regardless of the rankings.

Would be shocked if both UNC and BC don't make the Final Four. Would also be shocked if either Cuse, UNC or BC don't win it all. It comes down to who gets hot down the stretch of the season. UNC as always will have the best talent but do they play unselfishly as a team and can they overcome their average coaching?

why did 3 BC players get suspended last week vs PITT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Maryland wins the National Championship, Aurora Cordingley will win The Tewaaraton Award.

Neither of those are going to happen. After watching the front runners of Ortega and North this past weekend play against over matched opponents like they only care about their stats I hope a defender or two way middy wins the award .The ball hogging gets old.

Maryland has as much of a chance as any team to win the championship. Cordingley has as much of a chance as any player. While I believe good two way middies, defenders and goalies are more important to a teams success it is more difficult to quantify their value. Would love to see true midfielder, defender who plays man to man or a goalie win it.

Sorry but give the Maryland thing a rest they have not beaten anyone the teams they have played are a combined 16- 29 and all of them are below 500 . AC not even close the top of the list and yes is putting up good numbers but against who ?

They dominated Florida, who just beat the #3 team last night. Got a nice road win vs UVA. Has multiple players that can score.
No reason to think they aren't a Final Four contender.

That didn’t age well . Now you have a reason .

3 BC players got suspended last week vs PITT. Any one hear anything? 1 was starter for sure, IDK about the others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please use this thread to discuss the 2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season

Comes down to who wins the duel between Hall and Moreno. Great goalie play making a difference in the tourney in a key spot has been the key to the last two champs (Megan Taylor and UMD in 2019 and Rachel Hall as discussed here).

Would be shocked if both UNC and BC don't make the Final Four. Would also be shocked if either Cuse, UNC or BC don't win it all. It comes down to who gets hot down the stretch of the season. UNC as always will have the best talent but do they play unselfishly as a team and can they overcome their average coaching?

^it's no one's business

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^it's no one's business

If it happened during a game or something they did in a game? Why isn’t it anyones business?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^it's no one's business

If it happened during a game or something they did in a game? Why isn’t it anyones business?
Why would it be your business? Are they your daughters? If it was something in a game, it would be public knowledge - otherwise, it's none of your business or anyone's for that matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Why would it be your business? Are they your daughters? If it was something in a game, it would be public knowledge - otherwise, it's none of your business or anyone's for that matter."

Again your on a lacrosse forum so speaking about the alleged suspension of players from a game is not exactly taboo. Hearsay is that some lost faked his way into a live chat with one of the Duke players and he was doing completely inappropriate things , some of the BC players filmed it and diseminated it. They should have known better but honestly the schools involved should be pushing the authorities to go after the freak who falsely used a players name to get onto the chat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at BC? I saw Hall didn’t play but I didn’t realize it was a suspension that involved 3 players. Well as the poster said if someone hacked there system and they have nothing to do with it why the suspension? That seems unfair to the players? Unless more to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at BC? I saw Hall didn’t play but I didn’t realize it was a suspension that involved 3 players. Well as the poster said if someone hacked there system and they have nothing to do with it why the suspension? That seems unfair to the players? Unless more to it.

Ok, so it doesn’t seem suspension is lacrosse related, other than the fact it involves players. I agree, that it should be between the school and the students. It’s a Personal matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. allot more to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats why they got suspended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who transferred from Duke? Hmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like someone with duke knowledge hacked into duke system during interview with a duke player and posted a picture..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't suspend someone for nothing. could have been more girls suspended, I smell cover up. Who played at Duke?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the suspension was unwarranted what recourse would they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of why the none of your business thing just does not work eventually the story gets out but it’s usually incorrect . Usually best for the program to put out a statement even if minus the names .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some great games this week. Tuesday has Cuse v. Loyola and Stony Brook v. Princeton which is their last chance during the regular season to prove their ranking is anywhere near the top 10. Thursday gets an interesting Rutgers v. Michigan.

They don't suspend someone for nothing. could have been more girls suspended, I smell cover up. Who played at Duke?

I would be really careful about making accusations like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would be really careful about making accusations like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC moderators, please do not let someone make these accusations...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC moderators, please do not let someone make these accusations...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes! Someone is being very irresponsible with their comments. Why don’t we wait to let facts come out. Don’t insinuate anyone had anything to do with this unless you absolutely know. These are young women and their futures. Please don’t point fingers at them. Stop being an stunad and let the team and girls handle their personal business. This sounds like nothing to do with lacrosse. So stop with the accusations on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes! Someone is being very irresponsible with their comments. Why don’t we wait to let facts come out. Don’t insinuate anyone had anything to do with this unless you absolutely know. These are young women and their futures. Please don’t point fingers at them. Stop being an stunad and let the team and girls handle their personal business. This sounds like nothing to do with lacrosse. So stop with the accusations on here.
EXACTLY! Back to “it’s no one’s business”!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMO… This forum should be lacrosse related post. No one should be talking about young women players personal stuff. That should be off limits. So, Let’s keep it classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is complete nonsense. What happened is disgusting and many young women and some minors were subjected to some vile behavior, their parents have a right to know how this happened and what is being done about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my kids school my D would be off the team . Not just suspended for 1 game .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is complete nonsense. What happened is disgusting and many young women and some minors were subjected to some vile behavior, their parents have a right to know how this happened and what is being done about it.

You seem to be unable to separate the two. The issue, what happened and how BC handled it seems fair to me. Coming on here and making several posts one after the other defaming a player by intimating her involvement but lack of punishment is completely unacceptable.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard