BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30
Re: 2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some interesting games start tomorrow with Princeton v. Loyola, Saturday with Maryland v. James Madison and Michigan v. Northwestern then Sunday with Notre Dame v. Duke.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division I Women’s Lacrosse Players of the Week 3-22-22

Offensive Player of the Week

Maggi Hall – University of Florida

Hall accounted for three goals in the Gators 14-10 win over No. 3 Syracuse, tying her career-best mark. She added two caused turnovers and assisted on a goal in the win against ‘Cuse. The Gators held the Orange to its lowest scoring output of the season dropping Syracuse to No. 5 in the national rankings. Against Drexel, a team receiving votes in the poll, the sophomore attacker recorded a career-high six goals, including the game-tying goal with 1:00 left to play, helping the Gators to a 10-9 victory. With the 2-0 week, Florida has moved into the eleventh spot in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll this week.

Defensive Player of the Week

Sarah Reznick – University of Florida

In the win over No. 3 Syracuse, Reznick tallied 11 saves while only allowing 10 goals, recording a .524 save percentage in the matchup. The sophomore keeper followed that performance with eight saves (.471 save percentage) in the 10-9 win against Drexel. Reznick also picked up two ground balls and caused a turnover for the No. 11 Gators last week.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division II Women’s Lacrosse Players of the Week 3-22-22

Lindsey Brinkel – Roberts Wesleyan College

Brinkel scored 23 points over two games last week. She started the week with an eight-point (4 G, 4 A) performance in a tight loss to No. 2 Le Moyne. She followed with a 15-point outburst (5 G, 10 A) in a win over Bridgeport to begin ECC play. Her point and assist totals against UB were single-game highs in both the ECC and Division II so far this season. The Redhawks are now 4-2 and ranked No. 17 in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll this week.

Kayleigh Pokrivka – East Stroudsburg University

Pokrivka caused an impressive 11 turnovers and scooped 11 ground balls in wins over Millersville and No. 15 Pace. Against Pace, she caused a turnover on the final possession of the game to seal the 12-11 comeback victory against the No. 15 ranked Setters. Pokrivka’s 20 caused turnovers and 21 ground balls this season lead the eighth-ranked Warriors.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division III Women’s Lacrosse Players of the Week 3-22-22

Emily Bruner – Rhodes College

The junior attacker set a Rhodes record with nine assists in the Lynx’s 23-2 win over Mount Holyoke. She also dished out eight helpers in a tight 17-15 win against Rowan and notched seven more in the 19-8 victory over Transylvania to cap off a 3-1 week for the Lynx. Bruner also added two goals and nine ground balls to her stat line for the week.

Emily Kitchin – Franklin & Marshall College

Kitchin set the standard for the Diplomats in a 2-0 week, shutting down No. 19 Denison with 10 saves in a 20-10 victory, before picking up a second victory in F&M’s second game of the day. The senior keeper allowed just one goal while registering eight saves in a 19-3 win against Lynchburg. Kitchin registered a 7.21 goals against average and 62.1% save percentage for the Diplomats, who are now 5-1 and ranked sixth in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time for US lax to have refs to start calling dangerous propels/shots, it doesn’t have to hit a player. If they duck chances are a dangerous shot. (I have to laugh US lax magazine post a dangerous propel in SB game yesterday)

And most of all call all the charges. Give the defense a chance. No back into players. That is a charge.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Time for US lax to have refs to start calling dangerous propels/shots, it doesn’t have to hit a player. If they duck chances are a dangerous shot. (I have to laugh US lax magazine post a dangerous propel in SB game yesterday)

And most of all call all the charges. Give the defense a chance. No back into players. That is a charge.

Officiating is terrible.
In addition to the above they must enforce 3 seconds on the zone teams or the womens game will never be fun to watch. A "stick length" isnt a stick plus 2 feet. SBU is always pushing the zone/3 second rule and getting away with it.
Intentional offsides to stop fast breaks should be a green card.

Additional changes that should be discussed post season
-Foul on draw. Defensive players should remain behind restraining line. Defense should not be allowed to run up and re-defend.
-Yellow/Green card-Similar to above. The team with possession should be allowed free clear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Officiating is terrible.
In addition to the above they must enforce 3 seconds on the zone teams or the womens game will never be fun to watch. A "stick length" isnt a stick plus 2 feet. SBU is always pushing the zone/3 second rule and getting away with it.
Intentional offsides to stop fast breaks should be a green card.

Additional changes that should be discussed post season
-Foul on draw. Defensive players should remain behind restraining line. Defense should not be allowed to run up and re-defend.
-Yellow/Green card-Similar to above. The team with possession should be allowed free clear.

I agree on all. Also, no free position shot unless you were in the act of shooting. Girl throws a buddy type pass into th 8 meter and defense called for contact foulf. They get avfree position shot. heck, they didn't even have the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the above. I would remove 8M shot from game and add 1 minute man ups.

I also love on 8M as defenses can take there time positioning themselves. I think it was a foul on them. If the player shooting 8M is ready ref needs to blow whistle. (Hall from BC stepped out of the goal one time on 8M to wait for D to get placed, at least from TV that is what it looked like, maybe another thing going on).

US lacrosse has to do admit things are wrong and fix them. D gets rewarded for penalty?? Clock runs under 2 mins even if foul occurs. Really US lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the above. I would remove 8M shot from game and add 1 minute man ups.

I also love on 8M as defenses can take there time positioning themselves. I think it was a foul on them. If the player shooting 8M is ready ref needs to blow whistle. (Hall from BC stepped out of the goal one time on 8M to wait for D to get placed, at least from TV that is what it looked like, maybe another thing going on).

US lacrosse has to do admit things are wrong and fix them. D gets rewarded for penalty?? Clock runs under 2 mins even if foul occurs. Really US lax.

Agree, many rules need to be changed and the majority of officials are not very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't. North would get a charge on a 1/2 of her goals.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SOmeone on here just can't help but garbage on Charlotte North at every turn. Say what you want but she stays on her feet taking physical contact from multiple defenders consistently throughout games. She beats them with dodges and power. Unlike UNC offense which plays to the officials at every turn -have never seen such flopping from the UNC team in Sunday's game. Hard to watch and looks like they spend a lot of time in acting school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SOmeone on here just can't help but garbage on Charlotte North at every turn. Say what you want but she stays on her feet taking physical contact from multiple defenders consistently throughout games. She beats them with dodges and power. Unlike UNC offense which plays to the officials at every turn -have never seen such flopping from the UNC team in Sunday's game. Hard to watch and looks like they spend a lot of time in acting school.

Not sure I agree with your assessment of UNC but 100% agree with the North hater. I guess there could be more than one but I doubt it. I will chalk it up to jealousy. North is certainly one of the top players in the game and all but a few delusional parents know it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

detest to say it.....no team flops like SBU.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's talk about how to keep Men out of WOMEN's lacrosse. How do we prevent the NCAA from allowing Transgenders to compete with our daughters? We can't have a William/Lia Thomas body type compete. More power to anyone that wants to change their appearance, but these are full grown men, who cares if their testosterone levels are low now....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see US lax Refs have no clue again. Watching Loyola vs Princeton.

These refs can’t see the poke checking and slap checking by Loyola defense to Princeton attack.

They only see three cards on Princeton for rules that are meaningless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see US lax Refs have no clue again. Watching Loyola vs Princeton.

These refs can’t see the poke checking and slap checking by Loyola defense to Princeton attack.

They only see three cards on Princeton for rules that are meaningless

Loyola's Detwiler is notorious for doing that. Its her signature move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure I agree with your assessment of UNC but 100% agree with the North hater. I guess there could be more than one but I doubt it. I will chalk it up to jealousy. North is certainly one of the top players in the game and all but a few delusional parents know it.
No offense but there is no one saying CN is not a unique talent but there are many who believe a dangerous shot , a charge , can be called on most of her shots . There are many who dislike her style of play ie a ball hog who clearly is out to get her goals regardless if it’s the right way to play from a teammate or sportsmanship point of view . It’s hilarious that you CN sycophants want the refs to call charges and dangerous propelling .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No offense but there is no one saying CN is not a unique talent but there are many who believe a dangerous shot , a charge , can be called on most of her shots . There are many who dislike her style of play ie a ball hog who clearly is out to get her goals regardless if it’s the right way to play from a teammate or sportsmanship point of view . It’s hilarious that you CN sycophants want the refs to call charges and dangerous propelling .

Dangerous shots yes…. Not sure about the Ball Hog accusation…. Not everyone who goes to goal or takes a lot of shots is a Ball Hog… she is a great player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dangerous shots yes…. Not sure about the Ball Hog accusation…. Not everyone who goes to goal or takes a lot of shots is a Ball Hog… she is a great player.

She has play 9 games, taken 75 shots, scored 45 goals for a 60% shooting percentage. That is 8.3 shots per game. She is not a volume shooter, she averages 2 shots per quarter and 60% is incredibly accurate. You might not like the "style" but ball hog is not supported by the data.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good players, offensive players primarily attackers who take a lot of shots will put 70% and above of their shots on goal (the really good ones will be close to 80% SOG) and they will score on 50% or more of their shots (the really good ones will be close to 60%). When you see players taking a lot of shots and their Shots on goal is below .700 and their overall shooting percentage is below .500 they are probably a "Ball Hog" because they are taking shots that should not be taken. Drop below .400 and they should most likely should be moving the ball instead of going to the goal. CN is way up there at .803 and .591 for her career.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She has play 9 games, taken 75 shots, scored 45 goals for a 60% shooting percentage. That is 8.3 shots per game. She is not a volume shooter, she averages 2 shots per quarter and 60% is incredibly accurate. You might not like the "style" but ball hog is not supported by the data.

100% agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good players, offensive players primarily attackers who take a lot of shots will put 70% and above of their shots on goal (the really good ones will be close to 80% SOG) and they will score on 50% or more of their shots (the really good ones will be close to 60%). When you see players taking a lot of shots and their Shots on goal is below .700 and their overall shooting percentage is below .500 they are probably a "Ball Hog" because they are taking shots that should not be taken. Drop below .400 and they should most likely should be moving the ball instead of going to the goal. CN is way up there at .803 and .591 for her career.
It's her style why most people detest her. Go congratulate a teammate every now and then for the pass instead of screaming like a viking everytime she scores a goal, and people will stop the detest. I don't think anyone denies the talent, they just don't like her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's her style why most people detest her. Go congratulate a teammate every now and then for the pass instead of screaming like a viking everytime she scores a goal, and people will stop the detest. I don't think anyone denies the talent, they just don't like her.
i'll be glad when she is done at BC then we don't have to listen to every announcer act like every ordinary play she makes is the greatest play of all time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She’s so obnoxious, with her celebrating. One thing to be a great player, which I agree she is and it’s another to be a great teammate and celebrate others, which I’m not sure about? I found myself rooting for UNC and I don’t usually. A team can not rely so much on one player. What happens next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Not sure I agree with your assessment of UNC but 100% agree with the North hater. I guess there could be more than one but I doubt it. I will chalk it up to jealousy. North is certainly one of the top players in the game and all but a few delusional parents know it.[/quote]
No offense but there is no one saying CN is not a unique talent but there are many who believe a dangerous shot , a charge , can be called on most of her shots . There are many who dislike her style of play ie a ball hog who clearly is out to get her goals regardless if it’s the right way to play from a teammate or sportsmanship point of view . It’s hilarious that you CN sycophants want the refs to call charges and dangerous propelling .[/quote]

Dangerous shots yes…. Not sure about the Ball Hog accusation…. Not everyone who goes to goal or takes a lot of shots is a Ball Hog… she is a great player.[/quote]

Good players, offensive players primarily attackers who take a lot of shots will put 70% and above of their shots on goal (the really good ones will be close to 80% SOG) and they will score on 50% or more of their shots (the really good ones will be close to 60%). When you see players taking a lot of shots and their Shots on goal is below .700 and their overall shooting percentage is below .500 they are probably a "Ball Hog" because they are taking shots that should not be taken. Drop below .400 and they should most likely should be moving the ball instead of going to the goal. CN is way up there at .803 and .591 for her career.[/quote]
It's her style why most people detest her. Go congratulate a teammate every now and then for the pass instead of screaming like a viking everytime she scores a goal, and people will stop the detest. I don't think anyone denies the talent, they just don't like her.[/quote]

She’s so obnoxious, with her celebrating. One thing to be a great player, which I agree she is and it’s another to be a great teammate and celebrate others, which I’m not sure about? I found myself rooting for UNC and I don’t usually. A team can not rely so much on one player. What happens next year?[/quote]

Respectfully, Boston College is so much more than just one player. I remember vividly when they lost three title games in a row, many were throwing dirt on the future of the program. Appuzo, Kent and Arsenault were all graduating as well as key defenders. What happen the next year, BC wins a national championship. What is happening this season, they are ranked #2 and took #1 to the brink. If the BC roster uses their additional COVID year of eligibility, BC returns 16 of their top 17 goal scorers losing only North. Hall has another year of eligibility if she chooses and they have arguably the #1 2022 goalie coming in as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Respectfully, Boston College is so much more than just one player. I remember vividly when they lost three title games in a row, many were throwing dirt on the future of the program. Appuzo, Kent and Arsenault were all graduating as well as key defenders. What happen the next year, BC wins a national championship. What is happening this season, they are ranked #2 and took #1 to the brink. If the BC roster uses their additional COVID year of eligibility, BC returns 16 of their top 17 goal scorers losing only North. Hall has another year of eligibility if she chooses and they have arguably the #1 2022 goalie coming in as well.

100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one complains when the boys scream after a goal, with do people trash CN for doing it?

She's a completely different beast and even if you talk to the men's players, they recognize the abilities. heck, my college son sends me clips of her best shots at times and he was always staunchly anti-women's lacrosse (said it was boring, etc.). He now appreciates the game and players.

Also, I do agree, the team is more than CN. They have multiple threats available on the team, with a major one being the draw control abilities (thanks again, CN).

I will fully admit, even though I like her, I was cheering for NC to beat BC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somehow you conveniently didn't mention assists..which is a more accurate and true measuring stick of involving teammates than any of the other random stats you spat out. How many Assists does CN have this year? She doesn't pass. she doesn't have vision nor does she care enough to attempt to improve that part of her game. Shes more like carmelo anthony than a lebron james like some here try to make her out to be. Volume scorer. doesnt make her teammates better. Bell Smith who's a much more well rounded talent takes a backseat to CN because she wants to dominate the ball all the time. its one thing to dominate the ball and pass teammates open like a Katie Hoeg instead of just trying to bull over people for a goal like CN.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one complains when the boys scream after a goal, with do people trash CN for doing it?

She's a completely different beast and even if you talk to the men's players, they recognize the abilities. heck, my college son sends me clips of her best shots at times and he was always staunchly anti-women's lacrosse (said it was boring, etc.). He now appreciates the game and players.

Also, I do agree, the team is more than CN. They have multiple threats available on the team, with a major one being the draw control abilities (thanks again, CN).

It’s not just about her screaming which yes boys do as well. She never looks to her teammates. Always runs off by herself to get the look at me celebration on camera. Been watching her score hundreds of goals. Go back one time where her first thing is to congratulate a teammate on a making a pass. It doesn’t happen. Ever. She’s a great goal scorer, absolutely. But you can be a goal scorer, celebrate and look to your teammates. Ie Apuzzo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not just about her screaming which yes boys do as well. She never looks to her teammates. Always runs off by herself to get the look at me celebration on camera. Been watching her score hundreds of goals. Go back one time where her first thing is to congratulate a teammate on a making a pass. It doesn’t happen. Ever. She’s a great goal scorer, absolutely. But you can be a goal scorer, celebrate and look to your teammates. Ie Apuzzo.

This is getting old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It'll be a lot different without north. Easy to be option 2,3 or 4 when they are sending a dbl or triple to North. Time will tell enjoy her play for now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It'll be a lot different without north. Easy to be option 2,3 or 4 when they are sending a dbl or triple to North. Time will tell enjoy her play for now.

Sorry. Not sorry, she’s not that enjoyable to watch! Obnoxious and not rooting for her! Her personality takes over that team and I’m like not watching BC play anymore!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is getting old.
She could be a little bit socially awkward? Thats all. It happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand your point, but there is precedent that says they will be ok. The lax community to BC after the 2019 season... Things are going to be a lot different now without Appuzo, Kent and Arsenault.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this nonsense is nothing more than jealousy, way too many parents just can't stand it when someone is better than their daughter and receives more attention and accolades. All they want to do is tear down and try to diminish the player, the school, the team the accomplishments and the accolades. Just look at what happens when Inside Lacrosse HS player rankings come out, look at what happens when UA Underclass teams are selected, listen to what people say when players commit to college etc... In this case, they can't deny the talent, athleticism or ability of the player so the attack the player personally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this nonsense is nothing more than jealousy, way too many parents just can't stand it when someone is better than their daughter and receives more attention and accolades. All they want to do is tear down and try to diminish the player, the school, the team the accomplishments and the accolades. Just look at what happens when Inside Lacrosse HS player rankings come out, look at what happens when UA Underclass teams are selected, listen to what people say when players commit to college etc... In this case, they can't deny the talent, athleticism or ability of the player so the attack the player personally.

That’s just the go to statement of the unoriginal lacrosse cancel culture . There are many great players who just about all have only positive things to say . Sam Apuzzo and Kayla Treanor come to mind . Your long winded response above is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not attacking her personally , and not denying that she’s a great talent. Just saying her antics on the lacrosse field make it hard to watch her in a team sport. I’m thinking with her personality, maybe a sport with an “i” like tennis could be a better fit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The video link says it all. CN is all about "Look at me." Ortega scores and celebrates with her teammates. Great player, but the negative attention towards CN's antics are definitely somewhat warranted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The video link says it all. CN is all about "Look at me." Ortega scores and celebrates with her teammates. Great player, but the negative attention towards CN's antics are definitely somewhat warranted.

Definitely, and I’m worried about the take on it by the younger girls. They want to be CN now on the field, as she gets the most accolades and called the best player! It’s Going to make for a much more selfish playing era coming up for those rising.

The showcases and prospect camps should be very interesting as everyone going to be more selfish, even more than normal at these things. They think every coach looking for the next CN. I think Jamie Ortega would be better to aspire to be like. I like her personality as a team player and think her to be more of a better role model on the field, for the younger girls.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard