BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Girls 2029-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

this is everything...well said and 100% true and has always been true. If I had a $ for every time 91 on the girls side was supposedly turning the corner.....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

this is everything...well said and 100% true and has always been true. If I had a $ for every time 91 on the girls side was supposedly turning the corner.....

This was true in the past. Unfortunately folks 91 is now paying just as much attention on the girls side. Yes YJ is a better program today, no arguments. But the tournament argument is a joke- the competitive 91 girls teams will play in whatever tourneys they want- just like the boys do. These younger teams won’t have girls jumping ship because the coaching, training etc is superior to any other girls program (or at least equal). Let’s see but I would bet u have girls moving to 91 not the other way around. But no need to be hostile- if you’re happy at YJ or wherever else great. Competition is good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I see here is that the YJ koolaid is tasting a little watered down and in turn just want to detest on 91. Dont worry YJ, shes building a complex to make it taste better and raise those tuition fee$$$$

91 is one of the most expensive clubs on the island, goes to no strong tournaments, and puts themselves in their own companies tournaments to recycle the tuition money back to them.

Although I don’t disagree with this assessment of 91, YJ also recycles their tuition money in their own tourneys, CR had her hands in basically every tourney they go to, YJ jjst has more clout in the lax world and these tourneys aren’t on LI, but when all said I’m done for all clubs, it’s a business first.

Being around club lax for the past 10 years, it’s a shame there isn’t a big LI tourney where all the LI teams go and teams from out of state like MD and NJ come. The oysters side don’t have to travel for top tourneys, but the girls are stuck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent with an older child who was in the program avoid at all costs. Despite having the best possible coaches we could the club lacks resources and doesn’t invest in the girls despite whatever graphics they cook up to say otherwise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent with an older child who was in the program avoid at all costs. Despite having the best possible coaches we could the club lacks resources and doesn’t invest in the girls despite whatever graphics they cook up to say otherwise.

Not sure how I ended up on a thread for this age group but hoping to shed some light. My daughter was also at one of the clubs mentioned above as being more of a boys club with new things to come for the girls. We left in 8th grade and it was the best decision we could have made. We didnt realize the grass really was greener until the jump. At this age, keep your kid where theyre happy. As they get older and they decide if this is a long term goal for them, then kids will jump. It's been this way for many many years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how I ended up on a thread for this age group but hoping to shed some light. My daughter was also at one of the clubs mentioned above as being more of a boys club with new things to come for the girls. We left in 8th grade and it was the best decision we could have made. We didnt realize the grass really was greener until the jump. At this age, keep your kid where theyre happy. As they get older and they decide if this is a long term goal for them, then kids will jump. It's been this way for many many years.

Totally agree, find a club that is having fun early on and not just about lacrosse (less stress) . Then train on the side and see how seriously your daughter wants to take it, and her commitment level to training. If she’s serious and you feel the club is not, get your daughter on a more serious club. Don’t wait too long after 6th grade. Going to be much harder after that. Spots will get harder to find on those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You unfortunately have no clue....Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all agree about 91’s past. Anyone there now will tell you they feel it has changed on the girls side. And there are female coaches on every team FYI. If in 2 years it all falls apart then so be it- you YJ lovers were right and we were wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all agree about 91’s past. Anyone there now will tell you they feel it has changed on the girls side. And there are female coaches on every team FYI. If in 2 years it all falls apart then so be it- you YJ lovers were right and we were wrong.

Not just "YJ lovers" saying it...this is pretty universally felt by everyone who has been through this rodeo before

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not just "YJ lovers" saying it...this is pretty universally felt by everyone who has been through this rodeo before

Talk to anyone in the older girls circuit and they will tell you they have heard this talk and seen this walk many times from this program. Sadly it doesn’t land even with best efforts from the club. I applaud them on trying, it just has never stuck despite rebranding so many times.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk to anyone in the older girls circuit and they will tell you they have heard this talk and seen this walk many times from this program. Sadly it doesn’t land even with best efforts from the club. I applaud them on trying, it just has never stuck despite rebranding so many times.

Playing should always stay fun IMO but I hear what you are saying about needing to make moves when the time comes if we have to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guaranteed he will not stick around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup. And the girls tuition is very reasonable. So not sure what u mean that we are paying for it. It’s not just that team that has access to the facility. You all sound like a bunch of babies- we get it you detest 91. Let’s see how the younger teams do over the next few years. Anyone who thinks that a competitive 91 team won’t have access to any tournament they want is a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup. And the girls tuition is very reasonable. So not sure what u mean that we are paying for it. It’s not just that team that has access to the facility. You all sound like a bunch of babies- we get it you detest 91. Let’s see how the younger teams do over the next few years. Anyone who thinks that a competitive 91 team won’t have access to any tournament they want is a joke

OK if you say so....good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK if you say so....good luck

They are the most expensive Long Island club…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a Joke. Stop talking because this obviously your first rodeo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard "lax like a girl" 7v7 was last weekend...What was the talent like? who won it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another perspective here. My youngest daughter is a 29 and plays on YJ. Her best friend played one year of rec and then joined Team 91 this year. After seeing her play a few days ago, I was shocked by the progress. While I can't comment on whether this club will break through, the coaching is clearly quite good.

Personally, I'd like to see them succeed. But for this to happen, they need to upgrade their schedule asap. the best girls need game experience and want to play against better teams. This even more than club reputation will lead girls to leave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another perspective here. My youngest daughter is a 29 and plays on YJ. Her best friend played one year of rec and then joined Team 91 this year. After seeing her play a few days ago, I was shocked by the progress. While I can't comment on whether this club will break through, the coaching is clearly quite good.

Personally, I'd like to see them succeed. But for this to happen, they need to upgrade their schedule asap. the best girls need game experience and want to play against better teams. This even more than club reputation will lead girls to leave.

I think that the first year going from town to club you also see major growth Because you’re playing more frequently. More playing time means more improvement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question : Has anyone gone to the games at BC lately?. How is the parking situation and how early do you need to get there? The information online seem to relate to football games. Looking to go during spring break. Any tips are appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tying YJ Friedman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I
91 tying YJ Friedman

I guess that 91 "superteam"is just not that super ....that's what happens when you don't play bad teams ,you really find out what you are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tying YJ Friedman

91 overrated . Nothing special

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tying YJ Friedman

Didn’t they win the tournament? Hmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tying YJ Friedman

They beat bad teams including a town team and tied a good team, if thats what you’re happy about and “winning the tournament “ then congratulations. 91 will get smoked if they step foot off of Long Island and play top teams from Maryland and New Jersey. Until then keep beating bad teams and patting yourself on the back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tying YJ Friedman

B Spal get off botc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turf kids just Championed Lax by the Sea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turf kids just Championed Lax by the Sea.

the who?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friedman got pumped in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Friedman lost all 4 past weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How were teams they played?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How were teams they played?

Maryland teams looked strong. M&D and Coppermine were very good. Heros was exceptional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland teams are on a different level compared to LI teams. Hero’s is head and shoulders above everyone else. Their “B” team is better than most A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did LI teams fair at Lax for the Cure this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spallina going nuts on sidelines was something to behold

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 played great. Made it to finals and ran into Heros Green. Definetly hold backs and refs very bad. All in all a positive day for 91 considering first tourney w all the powerhouses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blaming loss to Hero’s Green on refs and alleged hold backs with nothing to support that claim? Score was 6-3 with a 22 minute running clock. Weak sauce. YJ should have had them earlier anyway.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard