BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33
Re: Team 91 MD
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2026's off to an 0-2 start. Guess the out of state ringers couldn't make it.

To Millon's credit (and ultimate demise), much harder to add "you're on the team, just show up to these 7 tournaments" out of state ringers when 91 is fielding teams in key ringer states.......NC, GA, TX, FL, SC (Charleston Elite is "partnering" w 91), and on and on.

Ironically due to the top down structure of Crabs (91 teams are all franchises), King Krab uses this to his advantage aka "if MD Crabs needs a player, how about you provide us with one" as it pertains to VLC, FL Crabs, and now Cavs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if true then playing a state level team and a national team to a 1 and 3 goal loss shows improvement, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if true then playing a state level team and a national team to a 1 and 3 goal loss shows improvement, no?

Well that's a fair point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Texas kids were there. Angry dad was complaining about it again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Texas kids ruin the chemistry and are not liked by the other players, or parents. Zero integrity of the coaching staff to play these kids all game. They don't know plays etc....but yet play all game. Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Texas kids ruin the chemistry and are not liked by the other players, or parents. Zero integrity of the coaching staff to play these kids all game. They don't know plays etc....but yet play all game. Pathetic.

do they have a good faceoff? why was a long pole facing off?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do they have a good faceoff? why was a long pole facing off?

Millon probably accidentally included a longpole in that kid's T91 official tactical schwag bag, and the rest is history.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice showing of the 27 team against LI Express at Hopkins today. 8-3 win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They play all game because the TX kids are better.
Angry dad knows it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TX kids have been part of 91 MD’s M.O. from their inception. Anyone who is complaining or surprised hasn’t been paying attention.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TX kids have been part of 91 MD’s M.O. from their inception. Anyone who is complaining or surprised hasn’t been paying attention.
Not true. They were added a few years in, not day 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THEN FIND ANOTHER TEAM IF THIS IS HOW YOU REALLY FEEL!!! It’s not rocket science.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THEN FIND ANOTHER TEAM IF THIS IS HOW YOU REALLY FEEL!!! It’s not rocket science.

Easy MM, you must not like being called out.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No actually. Just a parent on another team tired of your complaining here and on the sidelines, big guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But it's also correct. If your son has played <1 year on T91, you can be excused for believing the "we develop players" sales pitch. Once you have done a full year including going to tournaments 4 states away where your kid doesn't step foot on the field for 2 days because of "drop in" players, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Your kid's club dues pay for TX kids to fly to MD for tournaments. Now you see it.

And to be fair to MM, it's not like this is the only club that has this practice........even as young as 4th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t understand why people tolerate 91.

The teams are not good at the youth ages whatsoever and the drama seems to be at an all time high for every age group.

-an amused but curious dad on a different club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The teams are not good at the youth ages whatsoever and the drama seems to be at an all time high for every age group.

In the Baltimore/Harford County ecosystem, it's parents who:

1) For whatever reason (like status, or facilities, or coaching), don't want their kids on the AA and AAA rec clubs (HoCo, KP, Bel Air), and,
2) believe that other vanilla AA and AAA clubs like Koopers, Predators are "not serious enough" (though they are no worse than 91 at the youth level), and
3) the kids were cut from FCA and Crabs, leaving few local AA/AAA options given #1 and #2

It's that simple. Team 91 is a "situation you find yourself in" unless you're a dad coach, which is slightly different logic (and 91 loves dad coaches).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) For whatever reason (like status, or facilities, or coaching), don't want their kids on the AA and AAA rec clubs (HoCo, KP, Bel Air), and,
2) believe that other vanilla AA and AAA clubs like Koopers, Predators are "not serious enough" (though they are no worse than 91 at the youth level), and
3) the kids were cut from FCA and Crabs, leaving few local AA/AAA options given #1 and #2

It's that simple. Team 91 is a "situation you find yourself in" unless you're a dad coach, which is slightly different logic (and 91 loves dad coaches).

The pre High school teams are for the kids that get cut from the other teams. 91 is a true pay to play team for parents that care more about the lacrosse than the kids do. 91 will actually try to convince you that dad coaches are better than non-Dad coaches. I happened to stay after my kids game on Sunday and watched a bit of the 91 vs. FCA white game and all 3 daddy coaches pretty much played their kids the entire game. Two of the boys were not very good at all and the other was the Goalie. You tell me, should a team that is carrying 27 kids, have the coaches kid on the field while better kids sit on the bench?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The pre High school teams are for the kids that get cut from the other teams. 91 is a true pay to play team for parents that care more about the lacrosse than the kids do. 91 will actually try to convince you that dad coaches are better than non-Dad coaches. I happened to stay after my kids game on Sunday and watched a bit of the 91 vs. FCA white game and all 3 daddy coaches pretty much played their kids the entire game. Two of the boys were not very good at all and the other was the Goalie. You tell me, should a team that is carrying 27 kids, have the coaches kid on the field while better kids sit on the bench?

Ahhh the old I happened to stay and watch but my kid is not on the team?? Right sure 91 bench player dad. Just be honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhh the old I happened to stay and watch but my kid is not on the team?? Right sure 91 bench player dad. Just be honest.

Yea you got me. What does it matter why I was there. Truth is still the truth. I assume you agree since you are taking cheap shots instead of defending your program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want your kid to start, step up and hire Austin for individual training. It may set you back $300-$500, but he will start. That’s yet another thing 91 offers that no other club can match. Haven’t you been paying attention?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are talking about the 2028s. Where they tried not to publicly announce Dad Coach #1s name before or during tryouts because he led a 1-7 AA squad last year and was "bringing his best kids" to AAA 91 (Who went 1-7 last year). There were a pile of red flags from Day 1. Be a more informed customer....seriously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what required a email from MM to be good parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He sends one of these out every season at some point. Can’t have the parents acting like he does and he does not want parents calling him out on any of the BS stuff he or his staff do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He sends one of these out every season at some point. Can’t have the parents acting like he does and he does not want parents calling him out on any of the BS stuff he or his staff do.

I love to clown on MM, and there is plenty to clown on, but honestly this is a good practice. Helps remind everyone of what he wants the culture to be....or at least what he SAYS he wants it to be. Culture comes from the top. And honestly, reminding the parents of good conduct is on like page 3 of the USL coaches handbook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love to clown on MM, and there is plenty to clown on, but honestly this is a good practice. Helps remind everyone of what he wants the culture to be....or at least what he SAYS he wants it to be. Culture comes from the top. And honestly, reminding the parents of good conduct is on like page 3 of the USL coaches handbook.

I couldn’t agree more, although his sideline behavior tends to be worse than any of the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I couldn’t agree more, although his sideline behavior tends to be worse than any of the parents.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is MM , you are not, Please act accordingly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the implications for a Committed player who gets themselves kicked out of their high school and misses all or part of their season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the implications for a Committed player who gets themselves kicked out of their high school and misses all or part of their season?

Depends entirely on the reason for the expulsion & the college. Georgetown accepted Allen Iverson out of prison with GED.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, you seem a bit obsessed! If you really want the answer, then reach out to the family. I’m sure they would love to hear from you. Finding answers on an anonymous forum is desperate. Desperate, like how badly your son wants to play. Your son is the GPA booster for the team and a sideline cheerleader. My advice for you is to HIT THE WALL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want your kid to start, step up and hire Austin for individual training. It may set you back $300-$500, but he will start. That’s yet another thing 91 offers that no other club can match. Haven’t you been paying attention?
Ahhhh......another MM anonymous forum comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are talking about the 2028s. Where they tried not to publicly announce Dad Coach #1s name before or during tryouts because he led a 1-7 AA squad last year and was "bringing his best kids" to AAA 91 (Who went 1-7 last year). There were a pile of red flags from Day 1. Be a more informed customer....seriously.
Don't get me started on the 91 2028 team. Coach #1 and Coach#2 and Coach #3 kids don't come off the field the entire game. And all their kids are AA players at best. Which is fine but maybe not so good in Elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't get me started on the 91 2028 team. Coach #1 and Coach#2 and Coach #3 kids don't come off the field the entire game. And all their kids are AA players at best. Which is fine but maybe not so good in Elite.

I am not a lacrosse prodigy, but its probably for the best that the goalie stay on the field the entire game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do your homework and try-out for a team with non-dad coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a lacrosse prodigy, but its probably for the best that the goalie stay on the field the entire game.

Ha, I was going to say the same thing. They have one goalie, and his dad coaches him. I don't think his dad plays any other real coach role but I could be wrong. Nice enough guy (the dad) too. Purposefully not discussing the kid because he's a kid.

Easily the least problematic of the three dad coaches unless he's playing a greater role than he was several months ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, I was going to say the same thing. They have one goalie, and his dad coaches him. I don't think his dad plays any other real coach role but I could be wrong. Nice enough guy (the dad) too. Purposefully not discussing the kid because he's a kid.

Easily the least problematic of the three dad coaches unless he's playing a greater role than he was several months ago.
I know plenty of Dad coaches that understand their kids limitations and do not play them the entire game. Is the problem Dad coaches or is it dad's favoring their kids over better players.

With 30+ teams in the 2028 age group good luck finding non dad coaches that want to dedicate their time. For me I think the problem should be Know your team and play the kids that give you the best chance of winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know plenty of Dad coaches that understand their kids limitations and do not play them the entire game. Is the problem Dad coaches or is it dad's favoring their kids over better players.

With 30+ teams in the 2028 age group good luck finding non dad coaches that want to dedicate their time. For me I think the problem should be Know your team and play the kids that give you the best chance of winning.

Only get better playing. Coach to play . #1 2023 is a reflection of getting the ball on every play for last 7 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
problem with dad coaches is if they are objective and don't play their son, jr's mom cuts dad off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem is there is no 2028 club team without “dad coaches” or “drama” good luck everyone

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard