BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 30 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 29 30
Re: 2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Maryland wins the National Championship, Aurora Cordingley will win The Tewaaraton Award.

Neither of those are going to happen. After watching the front runners of Ortega and North this past weekend play against over matched opponents like they only care about their stats I hope a defender or two way middy wins the award .The ball hogging gets old.

I don't think either Ortega or North are Ball Hogs, they are obviously very good players who know how to score goals, no problem with that. Their coaches don't have a problem with it either. These two players along with most of the other top scorers put the majority of their shots on goal, we are talking above 70% and in some cases above 80%, Cordingley is at like 93% sots on goal. They also score on 50% and above some above 60%, Cordingley is pushing 70%. If your putting above 70% of your shots on goal and scoring on close to 50 % I would argue that you are taking quality shots you are not a ball hog. The true Ball Hogs will not have numbers anywhere near what good players have. If you are putting below 70% of your shots on goal it is probably because of poor shot selection (maybe pass the ball) or you are not a good shooter (maybe pass the ball to someone who can shoot). If your actual shooting percentage is below .300 you should probably stop shooting all together as the coaches will probably have a problem with sub .300 shooting percentage.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice win by Florida! They needed it. Great Job!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reznick should win the Tewaarton Award she’s more impactful then any other player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reznick should win the Tewaarton Award she’s more impactful then any other player.

Not trying to be mean but she had 3 saves vs Stony Brook and 5 saves vs Loyola. Florida will not make the Final Four.

She is a very good goalie but not going to win the Tewarraton.

Syracuse not going to the Final Four either. Team Defense and Goalie play are what wins championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please with the final four talk. It’s a 2 team race

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if anyone thinks BC wins their upcoming game , I would say slim chance, I think the UNC transfers put them clearly at the top and the more those players get to gel will make it a very difficult task to beat them. Even thou they lost last year I still think UNC were probably the best team but this year they may be better. Their arguably 3rd best offensive option last year may be their 6th best offensive option this year. I also think UNC will dominate the draw. That said these are clearly the two best teams in the NCAA with several teams a distant 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if anyone thinks BC wins their upcoming game , I would say slim chance, I think the UNC transfers put them clearly at the top and the more those players get to gel will make it a very difficult task to beat them. Even thou they lost last year I still think UNC were probably the best team but this year they may be better. Their arguably 3rd best offensive option last year may be their 6th best offensive option this year. I also think UNC will dominate the draw. That said these are clearly the two best teams in the NCAA with several teams a distant 3.

Maryland will win it this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not trying to be mean but she had 3 saves vs Stony Brook and 5 saves vs Loyola. Florida will not make the Final Four.

Syracuse not going to the Final Four either. Team Defense and Goalie play are what wins championships.

Goalie, Team Defense and Coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, BC will not beat UNC this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If by win it you mean a round of 8 exit then yes Maryland will win it . Beat someone with a winning record .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goalie, Team Defense and Coaching.
And scoring more goals than the other team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If by win it you mean a round of 8 exit then yes Maryland will win it . Beat someone with a winning record .

I will bet on Maryland this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Maryland wins the National Championship, Aurora Cordingley will win The Tewaaraton Award.

Neither of those are going to happen. After watching the front runners of Ortega and North this past weekend play against over matched opponents like they only care about their stats I hope a defender or two way middy wins the award .The ball hogging gets old.

Maryland has as much of a chance as any team to win the championship. Cordingley has as much of a chance as any player. While I believe good two way middies, defenders and goalies are more important to a teams success it is more difficult to quantify their value. Would love to see true midfielder, defender who plays man to man or a goalie win it.

Sorry but give the Maryland thing a rest they have not beaten anyone the teams they have played are a combined 16- 29 and all of them are below 500 . AC not even close the top of the list and yes is putting up good numbers but against who ?

They dominated Florida, who just beat the #3 team last night. Got a nice road win vs UVA. Has multiple players that can score.
No reason to think they aren't a Final Four contender.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland has as much of a chance as any team to win the championship. Cordingley has as much of a chance as any player. While I believe good two way middies, defenders and goalies are more important to a teams success it is more difficult to quantify their value. Would love to see true midfielder, defender who plays man to man or a goalie win it.

Sorry but give the Maryland thing a rest they have not beaten anyone the teams they have played are a combined 16- 29 and all of them are below 500 . AC not even close the top of the list and yes is putting up good numbers but against who ?

They dominated Florida, who just beat the #3 team last night. Got a nice road win vs UVA. Has multiple players that can score.
No reason to think they aren't a Final Four contender.

I'm sure the MD hater who thinks he is a know it all is just tired of all of the times his daughters team was pounded by MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please with the final four talk. It’s a 2 team race

Never know, that's why they play the games UNC was by far the best team last year and they were upset and didn't win when it mattered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sunday college l;ax schedule... Will start with Maryland v. Rutgers at noon, Catch some Vriginia v. JMU at 1pm depending on how the noon game is going, then to BC v. UNC at 2pm and wrap-up the day with USC v. Stanford at 5pm to see who takes the lead in the PAC12.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stanford, stop that nonsense talk. PAC 12 might as well play in the MAAC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC v BC very good game as predicted and from what I say on TV a great crowd. UNC mature players played well. Transfer again crushed it-OD, AA, SG. Not sure why teams even face guard CW, i see way bigger threats out there to Face guard. UNC defense is just awesome again this year. Entire group studs.

BC played solid with North leading the pack such a great ball player, but JM is very good as she was in HS here. BC middies from the looks played solid lax against tough group at UNC

Round one with these two over, I feel we may see two more.

Nice to see huge crowd for womens lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finding it hard to root for UNC, its a team full of portal transfers. It would really stink for team chemistry to ride the bench year after year, waiting for your turn and then have 4 transfers dump on top of you. And they play every single minute (not saying they don't deserve to but really tough to root for that kind of culture).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finding it hard to root for UNC, its a team full of portal transfers. It would really stink for team chemistry to ride the bench year after year, waiting for your turn and then have 4 transfers dump on top of you. And they play every single minute (not saying they don't deserve to but really tough to root for that kind of culture).

Agree, they went and cut their teeth somewhere else and proved themselves with other teams and then come together at UNC as an “all star” team. Not loving “transfer teams”. I like to see teams who worked together to build a team and develop players over a couple years. Not just acquire them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, they went and cut their teeth somewhere else and proved themselves with other teams and then come together at UNC as an “all star” team. Not loving “transfer teams”. I like to see teams who worked together to build a team and develop players over a couple years. Not just acquire them.

Does BC not have transfers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A couple notes that the UNC v BC game showed.
-One as mentioned is transfers impact. I have less issue with normal transfer as this is a NCAA go forward rule. One time transfer rule. Everyone in the same rule. Bigger issues is with fifth years. But both teams had this BC Taylor and UNC Aldave and Gierserbach.

-second. For the development and ethics of the sport add instant replay. They need it worse than any other sport. I counted 2 calls watching the game yesterday that clearly would have been overturned. The out of bounds on BC after Ball was kicked out by BC player and the timeout with no possession. I think difficult to uses it for charges etc..but have it in place to at least be able to check it. Also don’t tell me it is a cost to do. Every school is streaming games now. Why is it in AU if not important. They overturn many in these games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they do. Charlotte North, Rachel Hall and Courtney Taylor are all Transfers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they do. Charlotte North, Rachel Hall and Courtney Taylor are all Transfers.

Don’t love it, and especially don’t love the later year transfers. Unless they are leaving current team due to other issues other than to just go to try for a LAX championship with another team! So, a team can lure all the best players in their later years to create a championship team, when they did not develop one over the years? Transfer the best players in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t love it, and especially don’t love the later year transfers. Unless they are leaving current team due to other issues other than to just go to try for a LAX championship with another team! So, a team can lure all the best players in their later years to create a championship team, when they did not develop one over the years? Transfer the best players in?
the grad transfers will end next after the 22-23 season. that is the last year of the extra Covid season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct and add in Maryland’s transfer portal success this season, the top 3 teams have significant contributions from transfers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct and add in Maryland’s transfer portal success this season, the top 3 teams have significant contributions from transfers.

The “rich get richer”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They forget that North was a huge transfer. As was Hall. But tha'ts ok I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. regardless of who the personnel is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should go back to the way basketball did it. If you leave your school, you have to sit out a year unless you get an exemption (and they were few and far between(.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it's not. All transfers are brutal. Hope they stop the nonsense. No mid major team will ever have a chance again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it's not. All transfers are brutal. Hope they stop the nonsense. No mid major team will ever have a chance again.

Oh stop, kids should be able to transfer for whatever reason they want and not have to sit out a year. Coaches do not have to sit out a year. Also, please stop with terms borrowed from TV College Football announcers "Mid Major" "Preferred Walk on"... they really do not apply to Lacrosse. If a kid is not happy they should not have to stay and they should not have to sit out a year. And go back to Top 20.... Top 25 is a bit much, the Men only rank the Top 20 and there is a lot more parity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should go back to the way basketball did it. If you leave your school, you have to sit out a year unless you get an exemption (and they were few and far between(.

Graduate transfers never had to sit out a year.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division I Women’s Lacrosse Poll 3-21-2022

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 North Carolina (9 - 0) 550 (22) 2
2 Boston College (8 - 1) 524 1
3 Maryland (7 - 0) 491 4
4 Northwestern (6 - 2) 469 5
5 Syracuse (7 - 2) 457 3
6 Stony Brook (4 - 2) 428 6
7 Loyola (7 - 0) 424 7
8 Duke (10 - 1) 381 8
9 Denver (8 - 1) 371 9
10 Princeton (6 - 0) 338 11
11 Florida (4 - 4) 333 13
12 Michigan (9 - 1) 327 10
13 Rutgers (8 - 1) 287 12
14 Notre Dame (4 - 5) 221 16
15 James Madison (5 - 4) 206 21
16 Virginia (5 - 6) 202 14
17 Navy (7 - 1) 178 17
18 USC (6 - 2) 152 15
19 Richmond (6 - 2) 139 19
20 Johns Hopkins (5 - 4) 128 18
21 UMass (6 - 2) 122 22
22 UConn (6 - 1) 104 23
23 Jacksonville (4 - 3) 95 20
24 Stanford (5 - 4) 57 34
25 Virginia Tech (7 - 4) 38 24
RV Vanderbilt, Penn State, Colorado, Drexel, Louisville, Arizona State, Yale, Mount St Mary's, Hofstra, Army

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division II Women’s Lacrosse Poll 3-21-2022

1 Queens (8 - 0) 562 (16) 3
2 UIndy (5 - 1) 526 (2) 1
3 Adelphi (4 - 0) 523 (3) 8
4 Lindenwood (5 - 1) 483 4
5 West Chester (4 - 0) 464 5
6 Le Moyne (3 - 2) 454 (2) 2
7 Florida Southern (6 - 1) 445 6
8 East Stroudsburg (5 - 0) 435 7
9 Rollins (8 - 0) 389 9
10 Grand Valley State (8 - 1) 372 10
11 Mercy (5 - 2) 331 12
12 Regis (CO) (6 - 0) 328 11
13 Embry-Riddle (9 - 0) 272 16
14 Bentley (2 - 1) 256 14
15 Pace (4 - 1) 250 15
16 Tampa (3 - 4) 249 13
17 Roberts Wesleyan (4 - 2) 189 17
18 New Haven (4 - 0) 176 19
19 Assumption (3 - 2) 150 20
20 Saint Anselm (3 - 1) 131 21
21 Limestone (6 - 3) 90 22
22 Seton Hill (4 - 3) 78 18
23 Davenport (6 - 1) 72 24
24 Stonehill (3 - 1) 56 31
25 Wingate (6 - 2) 54 26
RV Saint Leo, Mount Olive, Florida Tech, Indiana (PA), Lynn, Belmont Abbey, Concordia-St. Paul, Northern Mich., Slippery Ro

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players should be able to transfer - look at Pitt!
It's the 5th year that is the issue, but luckily it won't last forever.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division III Women’s Lacrosse Poll 3-21-2022

1 Salisbury (8 - 0) 550 (22) 1
2 Gettysburg (5 - 1) 523 2
3 Middlebury (4 - 0) 484 5
4 Ithaca (5 - 0) 482 3
5 Washington and Lee (5 - 2) 476 4
6 Franklin & Marshall (5 - 1) 443 6
7 William Smith (4 - 0) 421 7
8 TCNJ (5 - 0) 378 8
9 Colby (4 - 1) 347 12
10 Tufts (3 - 1) 331 9
11 York (4 - 2) 301 14
12 Wesleyan (CT) (4 - 1) 299 11
13 Hamilton (4 - 0) 264 16
14 Brockport (2 - 1) 241 10
15 Messiah (4 - 3) 231 15
16 Catholic (3 - 3) 216 13
17 Bowdoin (4 - 2) 215 20
18 Trinity (3 - 2) 161 17
19 Amherst (3 - 1) 145 21
20 Denison (2 - 3) 137 19
21 St. John Fisher (1 - 2) 112 18
22 Haverford (4 - 2) 77 24
23 Chicago (4 - 1) 70 23
24 Cortland (1 - 4) 55 22
25 St. Lawrence (6 - 0) 39 33
RV Geneseo, Pomona-Pitzer, Endicott, Roger Williams, Williams, Washington College, Row

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the grad transfers will end next after the 22-23 season. that is the last year of the extra Covid season.

It will actually be 23-24, correct? Players who were freshman during the 2020 Covid cancelled season will play their 5th season in 2024.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players should be able to transfer - look at Pitt!
It's the 5th year that is the issue, but luckily it won't last forever.

Clemson will follow the same blue print as Pitt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh stop, kids should be able to transfer for whatever reason they want and not have to sit out a year. Coaches do not have to sit out a year. Also, please stop with terms borrowed from TV College Football announcers "Mid Major" "Preferred Walk on"... they really do not apply to Lacrosse. If a kid is not happy they should not have to stay and they should not have to sit out a year. And go back to Top 20.... Top 25 is a bit much, the Men only rank the Top 20 and there is a lot more parity.

Actually Mid Major is a basketball term

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 30 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard