BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 73 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sounds like you and your club director have different ideas of best players on your team.

Events like under amour, american select, NYSR, etc are an honor if youre making the first team. So the top AS team, NYSR Navy, UA150, Underarmour spotlight vs command, etc. Being selected to a 2-4th team is not as great. Its the same concept as being a clubs A team versus B or C team.
NYSR is for fun only. Went last year and my daughter had a blast. But no real coaches to be seen. Maybe if you are looking to go to Albany you might get lucky if they walk over.
If you make the top team of American Select you are probable a top recruit. That team is stacked!

Is there going to be a 2023 American Select team?

Doubt it. Better girls will do UA if anything. And as far as being a top recruit if you made the black team. Not true. There will probably be about 5 top recruits on that team. Look at last years team. Only a few girls went to top (20) programs. But don’t take my word for it…you will see I’m right next fall.
You obviously have no clue. If you follow the girls on Long Island you would know that the most of the top players were on the black team. There are a couple that shouldn’t be on it but the top 20 Long Island 2024s are on that black team this year. There is one girl that plays for top guns that’s not on the team. If you look at last year’s 2023 team which is not nearly as strong as this year’s 2024, you would conclude that there were many top players on that team. If you go through the roster you could see where they committed. Yale, Florida, Binghamton, Quinnipiac, Notre Dame, Fordham, Virginia, Florida, Albany, Stony Brook, Stanford, duke, Villanova, navy, JMU, Stanford, Stonybrook. That’s just from last year’s black 2023 team that played at American Select.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you and your club director have different ideas of best players on your team.

Events like under amour, american select, NYSR, etc are an honor if youre making the first team. So the top AS team, NYSR Navy, UA150, Underarmour spotlight vs command, etc. Being selected to a 2-4th team is not as great. Its the same concept as being a clubs A team versus B or C team.
NYSR is for fun only. Went last year and my daughter had a blast. But no real coaches to be seen. Maybe if you are looking to go to Albany you might get lucky if they walk over.
If you make the top team of American Select you are probable a top recruit. That team is stacked!

Is there going to be a 2023 American Select team?

Doubt it. Better girls will do UA if anything. And as far as being a top recruit if you made the black team. Not true. There will probably be about 5 top recruits on that team. Look at last years team. Only a few girls went to top (20) programs. But don’t take my word for it…you will see I’m right next fall.

Top 24 LI recruits have already accepted spots on AS, so don’t doubt it anymore. Rosters are out. People pretty much know who they are by this age. I agree the 25s is up in the air still and jury is out. I think 25 Spalina girls will do UA and take that team over. Prob. even have one of their team coaches coach UA to boot! Unfortunately, the politics of that is why AS was created to go up against it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curcio 2024 Suffolk navy
? 2024/2023 Suffolk Gray
Tilts 2024 Nassau Navy
Brevas 2024/2023 Nassau Gray

WHO?!?!

I know Curcio but the other 2 don’t quite ring a bell

Sorry but this is not a priority based on what I’m reading. No substance. Why would college coaches want this?

This was a good event last year when nothing else was going on for 2024. Nassau vs Suffolk was fun for the girls.
Events like this don’t attract coaches in recruiting years for any number of reasons.
1: coaches don’t come unless they get paid.
2: coaches are super busy with all the other recruiting stuff.
3: look at the coaches and players who were picked for each side and realize that this is for fun only

Enjoy it and have fun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curcio 2024 Suffolk navy
? 2024/2023 Suffolk Gray
Tilts 2024 Nassau Navy

WHO?!?!

Sorry but this is not a priority based on what I’m reading. No substance. Why would college coaches want this?

This was a good event last year when nothing else was going on for 2024. Nassau vs Suffolk was fun for the girls.
Events like this don’t attract coaches in recruiting years for any number of reasons.
3: look at the coaches and players who were picked for each side and realize that this is for fun only

Enjoy it and have fun

There are some top kids attending this event on the top teams, on the grey team not so much. It seems like you have something against these kids success?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]
You obviously have no clue. If you follow the girls on Long Island you would know that the most of the top players were on the black team. There are a couple that shouldn’t be on it but the top 20 Long Island 2024s are on that black team this year. There is one girl that plays for top guns that’s not on the team. If you look at last year’s 2023 team which is not nearly as strong as this year’s 2024, you would conclude that there were many top players on that team. If you go through the roster you could see where they committed. Yale, Florida, Binghamton, Quinnipiac, Notre Dame, Fordham, Virginia, Florida, Albany, Stony Brook, Stanford, duke, Villanova, navy, JMU, Stanford, Stonybrook. That’s just from last year’s black 2023 team that played at American Select.

You are right other poster is way off
The bashing is just old and notIntelligent. It seems that if you aren’t in the top 24 ( AS Black ) you are through. It’s over. D3 bench player if it all goes right.
You’re mistaken in that there’s Stanford x2 and USBx4 when ( Red Team included ) plus Brown UMass Marist Lafayette Merrimack Pace Cortland x2 Florida Southern SHU Penn High Point and I think a few more D3’s weren’t posted. I counted from last years website it looks like 34 of 40 are committed which is very solid. Yes maybe only 1/2 Top 20 but who cares? Plenty other very solid D1 schools on list and a good D2 and some nice D3’s. If all you’re worried about is a Top20 than you don’t need to do any of these as she must be a top 50 player in America today. Congrats. Not all of the 100+ LI commits from 2023 were top 50 as that math doesn’t work. Just my opinion but I’d go even if I made Red

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet you and your daughter have a great relationship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bashing is just old and notIntelligent. It seems that if you aren’t in the top 24 ( AS Black ) you are through. It’s over. D3 bench player if it all goes right.
You’re mistaken in that there’s Stanford x2 and USBx4 when ( Red Team included ) plus Brown UMass Marist Lafayette Merrimack Pace Cortland x2 Florida Southern SHU Penn High Point and I think a few more D3’s weren’t posted. I counted from last years website it looks like 34 of 40 are committed which is very solid. Yes maybe only 1/2 Top 20 but who cares? Plenty other very solid D1 schools on list and a good D2 and some nice D3’s. If all you’re worried about is a Top20 than you don’t need to do any of these as she must be a top 50 player in America today. Congrats. Not all of the 100+ LI commits from 2023 were top 50 as that math doesn’t work. Just my opinion but I’d go even if I made Red

Wow! How many white claws did you drink? Ramble much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 24 LI recruits have already accepted spots on AS, so don’t doubt it anymore. Rosters are out. People pretty much know who they are by this age. I agree the 25s is up in the air still and jury is out. I think 25 Spalina girls will do UA and take that team over. Prob. even have one of their team coaches coach UA to boot! Unfortunately, the politics of that is why AS was created to go up against it.

Yes and we all know that AS had no politics involved this year. Zero. None.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curcio 2024 Suffolk navy
? 2024/2023 Suffolk Gray
Tilts 2024 Nassau Navy

WHO?!?!

Enjoy it and have fun

There are some top kids attending this event on the top teams, on the grey team not so much. It seems like you have something against these kids success?

Why do you have to bash ANY team. You do realize that if a girl doesnt make a top 20 D 1 school she will live to tell the tale. Get a grip dude

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, so 10 of the 24 players committed to top academic or lacrosse schools. What happened to the rest? Will be the same this year. Last years team was actually strong. Lost in semis by 1. Wonder if this years team will have similar stats?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone seems to just like taking shots at these kids with subtle little jabs “ there is talent on this team, but not on this team” “ nobody pays attention to these events “ we all get it , either your kid didn’t make it , or you didn’t get the team you wanted. This event is not UA or AS , and we all know this. Most of these kids want to rep their region and play a nice tournament and maybe grab a medal. Everyone needs to relax, try and remember you are the adult ! And bashing young 15/16 year old girls . Try to get a grip and think before you type and hit send. Considering this is an anonymous site , everyone seems to be critic and know it all. If I only had a dollar for every time I heard a poster claim “ I’ve been through this with my older child, so I know what I’m talking about” please just relax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curcio 2024 Suffolk navy
? 2024/2023 Suffolk Gray
Tilts 2024 Nassau Navy

WHO?!?!

I’m happy if this makes everyone feel good but come on.
Another event that costs money. Event$ hotel$ food$ Gas$ and toals$?
God bless the families who have the money to do all of this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone seems to just like taking shots at these kids with subtle little jabs “ there is talent on this team, but not on this team” “ nobody pays attention to these events “ we all get it , either your kid didn’t make it , or you didn’t get the team you wanted. This event is not UA or AS , and we all know this. Most of these kids want to rep their region and play a nice tournament and maybe grab a medal. Everyone needs to relax, try and remember you are the adult ! And bashing young 15/16 year old girls . Try to get a grip and think before you type and hit send. Considering this is an anonymous site , everyone seems to be critic and know it all. If I only had a dollar for every time I heard a poster claim “ I’ve been through this with my older child, so I know what I’m talking about” please just relax.

Best post in a long time!!

I've been following this thread for a while and one thing has become clear... There are so many crazy people on here!

Chances are most of you know very little about:

- clubs other than your daughter's
- Events/tournaments kids may play at
- Club and School coaches (their resume, what they've accomplished as coaches, experience, etc.) in many cases, most of the good ones don't feel the need to market themselves to outsiders
- the game in general

How about this:

If your daughter loves the sport and her teammates and her coach, that's probably all that matters. If your daughter has made friends and has learned life experiences through this game, that's really great too.

User
User

I've been following this thread for a while and one thing has become clear... There are so many crazy people on here!

- Club and School coaches (their resume, what they've accomplished as coaches, experience, etc.) in many cases, most of the good ones don't feel the need to market themselves to outsiders
- the game in general

How about this:

If your daughter loves the sport and her teammates and her coach, that's probably all that matters. If your daughter has made friends and has learned life experiences through this game, that's really great too.

Btw….all these posts are not anonymous. IP addresses identify everyone!

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- the game in general

How about this:

A lot of critique about people and kids you don’t even know. If you have met and individual I don’t know why you feel entitled to an opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- the game in general

How about this:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy is the nice word for it. Need to get rid of the anonymous function so then you can see who the clowns are. But I'm sure you can take a guess who they are. We have to put up with them on the sidelines every game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, so 10 of the 24 players committed to top academic or lacrosse schools. What happened to the rest? Will be the same this year. Last years team was actually strong. Lost in semis by 1. Wonder if this years team will have similar stats?
Your response is " so 10 players committed to top schools" Please go away with your nonsense and negativity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes and we all know that AS had no politics involved this year. Zero. None.

you don't think at least half of the girls with AS spots will show up at UA tryouts? Seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy is the nice word for it. Need to get rid of the anonymous function so then you can see who the clowns are. But I'm sure you can take a guess who they are. We have to put up with them on the sidelines every game.

Says an "Anonymous" poster.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your response is " so 10 players committed to top schools" Please go away with your nonsense and negativity.

When a "Team" markets itself as a "select team" and parents want to pound their chest and say that the team has selected the Top Players there will be criticism. The players on the 24 Black team are from two clubs, 19 Yellow Jackets and 4 Legacy, If you believe that they are the best 23 players on Long Island you are truly delusional. This is the most political team ever. Fewer than 10 of the 23 players will receive offers from top tier college programs. These "teams" and "Lists" fuel the fire of the delusional parents who actually believe the hype. When September 1st rolls around everybody will see just who the Top Players are. We will also hear all kinds of excuses on the sidelines from parents as to why their daughter is not receiving offers from Top 5, Top 10, and Top 20 programs. We will also hear these same parents knock some of the players who do receive offers and commit to the best programs (many of which are excellent schools). We will hear that's a real head scratcher, she will never see the field, her father is connected etc... It's all BS. The college coaches, especially the ones at the best programs do a very good job at identifying the best talent year in and year out and very few top notch players fall through the cracks. Be happy if your daughter make a team or is on a list but know that the college coaches do not care. The coaches watch the kids play and they go after the players that they believe to be the best.
Good Luck and enjoy the ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curcio 2024 Suffolk navy
? 2024/2023 Suffolk Gray
Tilts 2024 Nassau Navy

WHO?!?!

Enjoy it and have fun

Same person over and over. Look at the coaches,
look at the players. Lol. Looking at the rosters, would put either team up against any ‘select’ team. UA/AS included. Nass edge. Guessing you have something against NYSR. Might want to get off of your high horse. Its actually sad. Nice IP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curcio 2024 Suffolk navy
? 2024/2023 Suffolk Gray
Tilts 2024 Nassau Navy

WHO?!?!

Enjoy it and have fun

look at the players. Lol. Looking at the rosters, would put either team up against any ‘select’ team. UA/AS included. Nass edge. Guessing you have something against NYSR. Might want to get off of your high horse. Its actually sad. Nice IP

NYSR has some phenomenal talent and coaches. Curcio is a great Highschool and club coach who brings a positive attitude and strong lax Iq to the scene: Breves coaches a JV team and works for a Nassau club. His daughter and his daughters teammates are on the team together I believe. Tilts is an educator and those who have worked with her or met her know she is one of the hardest working young coaches around. Volpe is a tough cookie who brings out next levels in her kids. If you check who made these teams, there are some high hitters. Is every top kid going? No. Some parents can’t afford it. Some are too busy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curcio 2024 Suffolk navy
? 2024/2023 Suffolk Gray
Tilts 2024 Nassau Navy

WHO?!?!

Enjoy it and have fun

NYSR has some phenomenal talent and coaches. Curcio is a great Highschool and club coach who brings a positive attitude and strong lax Iq to the scene: Breves coaches a JV team and works for a Nassau club. His daughter and his daughters teammates are on the team together I believe. Tilts is an educator and those who have worked with her or met her know she is one of the hardest working young coaches around. Volpe is a tough cookie who brings out next levels in her kids. If you check who made these teams, there are some high hitters. Is every top kid going? No. Some parents can’t afford it. Some are too busy.

Thank you and well said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG please stop.
Super sensitive and relentlessly self promoting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG please stop.

OMG, you please stop. Nothing wrong with people happy to have their kids doing NYSR without people bashing it. To each their own. If you don’t have anything nice to say… leave. Good luck to the girls who made those NYSR teams and go have a great time and represent LI well. We did it last year and it’s It’s a great event! The kids had a blast and it was very well run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG please stop.

OMG, you please stop. Nothing wrong with people happy to have their kids doing NYSR without people bashing it. To each their own. If you don’t have anything nice to say… leave. Good luck to the girls who made those NYSR teams and go have a great time and represent LI well. We did it last year and it’s It’s a great event! The kids had a blast and it was very well run.

No one needs to promote these events. It’s the same situation we just saw on here with fcl ua juniors open and as. A few people who have nothing nice to say about the event. No one is sensitive about or promoting all of these events. Kids and families who are attending should be happy to have been selected. They deserve the positivity around being noticed for their skills, even if some of you think their skills are less than because of a color of their team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to move on. This is just a battle of justification. Those who chose to to sign up for these show cases have to justify to themselves why they do it, and those who don't have to justify to themselves why they don't. Nobody is right or wrong, just do what you think is best for your family! If you turn on the news or read a newspaper you'd learn that you should be happy you have the opportunity to make your own choices. God bless America!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to move on. This is just a battle of justification. Those who chose to to sign up for these show cases have to justify to themselves why they do it, and those who don't have to justify to themselves why they don't. Nobody is right or wrong, just do what you think is best for your family! If you turn on the news or read a newspaper you'd learn that you should be happy you have the opportunity to make your own choices. God bless America!

Agree, and it’s nice we do have freedom of speech. It’s also great to get feedback from others who have done events and their thoughts. However, every single player is different and has different level of playing and different goals. What’s right for some is not right for others. No need to bash the choices. Just be realistic as to what level of play and what the goal is for the player. Every single journey will be different. So, take that in account when listening to some of the crazy lacrosse parents on here. They have blinders on and most are delusional. Just make sure your daughter is happy where she’s at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best quote of the day — Cheers!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No bashing going on except for somebody trying to bully anyone saying that this event is anything less than awesome.
This site discusses pros and cons.
My opinion ,..Not a must attend event during a recruiting year and with all the other UA initiation events going on…
must be a dozen of them and most are a very expensive weekend. If you have the $$ and want to play some lax with your friends then go for it.

Freedom of Speech is Alive an Well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No bashing going on except for somebody trying to bully anyone saying that this event is anything less than awesome.
My opinion ,..Not a must attend event during a recruiting year and with all the other UA initiation events going on…
must be a dozen of them and most are a very expensive weekend. If you have the $$ and want to play some lax with your friends then go for it.

It certainly is , thanks to our brave soldiers! “Freedom is not Free” . Could you imagine if there was an anonymous posters site in Russia right now! Putin bashing would be off the charts and he would be shutting it down due to his feelings getting hurt! Makes me thankful for BOTC , that we are free to be overly opinionated, ,say anything and too much most of the time! Thankful to be an American, God Bless America and May there be Glory to Ukraine and may “Freedom and Democracy” prevail over pure evil! I know this is a LAX site, but just saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It certainly is , thanks to our brave soldiers! “Freedom is not Free” . Could you imagine if there was an anonymous posters site in Russia right now! Putin bashing would be off the charts and he would be shutting it down due to his feelings getting hurt! Makes me thankful for BOTC , that we are free to be overly opinionated, ,say anything and too much most of the time! Thankful to be an American, God Bless America and May there be Glory to Ukraine and may “Freedom and Democracy” prevail over pure evil! I know this is a LAX site, but just saying.

uh what

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone with older kids who have been through the recruiting process, have thoughts on what recruiting showcases they felt were worth doing? As far as exposure to college coaches goes. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone with older kids who have been through the recruiting process, have thoughts on what recruiting showcases they felt were worth doing? As far as exposure to college coaches goes. Thanks.

Lax for the cure , live love lax, g8. Avoid northern rise and NXT, not worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Presidents cup was sick this past fall even early
In 24 recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to the camps that your daughter is most interested in and don’t hold back play aggressive! Do AS, or UA. Play well in the big tournaments like Lax for Cure. Have your club director speak with the schools your daughter is a realistic candidate for. Have a few good highlight reels on Sports Recruits. Do not get discouraged if your daughter has a bad game or day. Keep fighting and good things will happen! Anything else is a money grab and waste of money!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want high academics, we’re big fans of Lacrosse Masters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to the camps that your daughter is most interested in and don’t hold back play aggressive! Do AS, or UA. Play well in the big tournaments like Lax for Cure. Have your club director speak with the schools your daughter is a realistic candidate for. Have a few good highlight reels on Sports Recruits. Do not get discouraged if your daughter has a bad game or day. Keep fighting and good things will happen! Anything else is a money grab and waste of money!

Showcasss like ua and as will definitely help as well as having a coach or club director who has easy access to communicating with coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Showcasss like ua and as will definitely help as well as having a coach or club director who has easy access to communicating with coaches

Thank you! That’s what I was wondering about, the individual events outside the tournaments the teams already play. There seems to be so many individual showcases, I was curious to see what people thought, what was worth doing from their experiences. Thanks again. Time and money running short and it’s nice to get feedback from others who have been through this. Appreciate it. smile

Page 59 of 73 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard