BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 32 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So what does all of this mean for movement after this season? Top players from Top Guns, Jesters, Liberty have to be looking to move to more competitive teams. The Liberty especially. They aren’t even in the same league as these teams but have a few potentially strong girls.

No it doesn’t mean that at all…many of us are just absolutely fine not being part of the YJ drama machine. To say that the top players don’t exist outside of the top 12-14 girls on YJA is wildly uninformed.

I didn’t say they don’t exist. I am wondering what happens to them. You want to be playing on a top team to be seen as they get older.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what does all of this mean for movement after this season? Top players from Top Guns, Jesters, Liberty have to be looking to move to more competitive teams. The Liberty especially. They aren’t even in the same league as these teams but have a few potentially strong girls.

No it doesn’t mean that at all…many of us are just absolutely fine not being part of the YJ drama machine. To say that the top players don’t exist outside of the top 12-14 girls on YJA is wildly uninformed.

There are top players outside of YJA. But the reality is that FLG has about 5, TG and Jesters have about 3 and the rest don't have more than 2.

Will be interesting to see what happens. TGs likes to bring in out of town players to prop up teams and I expect to see some of that here, especially with the app to be coached by Emma Ward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn’t say they don’t exist. I am wondering what happens to them. You want to be playing on a top team to be seen as they get older.

Take a look at the latest recruiting class (2023’s)….get out of your YJ bubble. Congrats if your daughter rides the pine on YJA - it’s all meaningless in a few years and nobody will remember where your team was ranked except you dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truly sad or remarkable that YJ A has to travel several states just to get some comp. Rest of talent on LI is diluted amongst the many programs.

I think on the whole the talent level at the 27 level is lower than the previous few classes on LI, especially the 26s. This is not to say that they aren't great players on YJA and other top teams who will play D-1. There clearly are.

However, when you compare Top Guns Black and Jesters Black or even YJB their teams at the age level from the previous 2 years, it isn't close. For me this shows a lack of depth

This.

Most interesting game was LI Elite spring league will be YJB vs. YJ 28A. Heard the 28s beat them in a scrimmage in the fall. If they win, or even if it is a very competitive game, that says a ton about the depth of this class.

Well it was a 5-5 tie in a bit of a cold, ugly, slugfest. 28s arguably had the better of play but got pushed around a bit. This 28 team is really good. Can't wait to see what they do this summer against Heros and M&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair analysis.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look at the latest recruiting class (2023’s)….get out of your YJ bubble. Congrats if your daughter rides the pine on YJA - it’s all meaningless in a few years and nobody will remember where your team was ranked except you dad.

My kid doesn’t play for YJ. She plays Liberty and the team is definitely not going in the right direction. My question was with so much talent on other teams it doesn’t leave room for much movement from other teams to get in better teams. I am not hung up on what team my kid plays for per se but lesser teams aren’t getting put into the best tourneys and won’t get as many looks from colleges. You do sound a little bitter over the YJ success. You can try and convince yourself that whatever team your kid is on will take them somewhere. That isn’t always the case. Training is always going to be better where the top teams are. And I mean that only the top teams are getting that attention. The YJ B and C team definitely doesn’t get as much attention as the A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but the key word is PLAYING. You don't want to jump teams, burn a bridge only to have your daughter standing on the sidelines in key games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid doesn’t play for YJ. She plays Liberty and the team is definitely not going in the right direction. My question was with so much talent on other teams it doesn’t leave room for much movement from other teams to get in better teams. I am not hung up on what team my kid plays for per se but lesser teams aren’t getting put into the best tourneys and won’t get as many looks from colleges. You do sound a little bitter over the YJ success. You can try and convince yourself that whatever team your kid is on will take them somewhere. That isn’t always the case. Training is always going to be better where the top teams are. And I mean that only the top teams are getting that attention. The YJ B and C team definitely doesn’t get as much attention as the A team.

Obviously every age group is a bit different. However in other years, besides YJ, the top talents from other clubs tend to gravitate to Jesters and TG, which tend to get better over time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously every age group is a bit different. However in other years, besides YJ, the top talents from other clubs tend to gravitate to Jesters and TG, which tend to get better over time.

You forget tradition is starting to pull some better kids too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought Tradition was a GC only team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they are

Yes but they have taken the strong gc kids who would usually be on other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they are

yes and no. remember many of their players dual roster on other LI clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they are

i don't think they do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they are

no they don't - and at this level dual rostering on any legitimate club would be impossible anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they are

no they don't - and at this level dual rostering on any legitimate club would be impossible anyway

Can't confirm if its is going on now, but have definitely been done in the past (2 years ago) , when tradition didn't play a full fall and summer schedule. To be fair, kids were dual rostering on lower level clubs like Legacy and Empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they are

Can't confirm if its is going on now, but have definitely been done in the past (2 years ago) , when tradition didn't play a full fall and summer schedule. To be fair, kids were dual rostering on lower level clubs like Legacy and Empire.

Many clubs have created a no double rostering rule now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very quiet here lately. Everyone getting ready for PAL??? Can’t wait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think all the FLG parents are quiet after last sunday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened last sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened last sunday?

got smoked by YJA when those games used to always be competitive. Guess that answers what direction FLG is headed....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I truly have to know what your day / life looks like that you bash 12 and 13 year old girls lacrosse. Please. Tell me. I seriously have to know what occupies your days and nights. Do tell. Do you seriously think this is healthy for you to be commenting like that? I have to know. Please for the love of god tell us how bad your life is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Drama at Empire. Drama free zone!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Got smoked”? That’s laughable especially when their best 2 way player and one of the best on the Island wasn’t even there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring League...YJA cruising, Jesters lost 8-7 to Tradition, then beat YJB 8-7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are these scores posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are these scores posted?

TSIC app

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious how much is YJA playing its starters? Feels like FLG was the only spring league game that will be even remotely competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ was missing multiple starters for the FLG game. Played everyone about equal time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ was missing multiple starters for the FLG game. Played everyone about equal time.

Have to keep the YJ bench happy until June. Then they will become cheer leaders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ usually plays 15-16 girls in competitive full length games in the summer, which is more players than a lot of other top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are struggling, hopefully they have a great spring.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ usually plays 15-16 girls in competitive full length games in the summer, which is more players than a lot of other top teams.

Lol, no they don't. Come find me on Sunday night newbie and I will explain it to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Struggling? Far from it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if anyone went to AU Futures tryouts yesterday? How was competition level? How many girls were there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question : Has anyone gone to the games at BC lately?. How is the parking situation and how early do you need to get there? The information online seem to relate to football games. Looking to go during spring break. Any tips are appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question : Has anyone gone to the games at BC lately?. How is the parking situation and how early do you need to get there? The information online seem to relate to football games. Looking to go during spring break. Any tips are appreciated.

We always park in commonwealth avenue garage and never have issues. Not the closest to the field (12 minute walk) but in the center of campus and easier to get out of after the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any recommendations for a good club team! Looking into making a switch at the end of the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drama free!!!!!! Mean Green Wrecking Machine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any recommendations for a good club team! Looking into making a switch at the end of the summer.

Are you new here? Go back a few pages. YJ and FLG and the. A huge drop off to everyone else.

That said what are you looking for in a club? Where does she play now and why are you leaving? There are lots of clubs at this age and a fit for everyone.

Page 19 of 32 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard