BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did 2021 Turf Island Blue (the better Turf Island team) beat and who did they lose to this year? I was told the 2021 Green team lost every game by big numbers playing the weakest teams including weak third grade teams. Makes me think the better team is not that good if left overs of blue that formed the the Grean team was that bad. No disrespect here I would like to know to see if the better team is worth a tryout. Any info would be great.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son does not play for them but a friend of mines son does and they are very happy. If you are looking for a year round team this is not for you. That is why I choose to sign my son up for a different league. 4 tournaments 1 away. I do know they both won and lost against Igloo. Beat express but I don't believe they played 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son does not play for them but a friend of mines son does and they are very happy. If you are looking for a year round team this is not for you. That is why I choose to sign my son up for a different league. 4 tournaments 1 away. I do know they both won and lost against Igloo. Beat express but I don't believe they played 91.

Which team are you speaking of ? If you are speaking about Turf Island they have not beat Igloo ....Igloos only losses to LI teams this year in Tournaments were to 91 2021 "orange" in pool play at laxfest then Igloo beat them in Championship after beating Turf island in Semi-finals and 91 2020 Crush in Tri-state . They also lost in championship in Annapolis, MD. to a u-11 Carolina Cannons team and lost to a u-11 LOONEYS team . Those were Team Igloos loses this tournament season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not elite...sure they are unorganized but they beat every team you mentioned

Really what teams have Turf Island beat ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is the best team 2021 Team on Long Island. 2021 Orange has only beat them about 3 times in 2 years. The only reason 2021 has won some championships this year is because they have not been playing Igloo. Igloo is a better squad with MUCH BETTER coaching.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team are you speaking of ? If you are speaking about Turf Island they have not beat Igloo ....Igloos only losses to LI teams this year in Tournaments were to 91 2021 "orange" in pool play at laxfest then Igloo beat them in Championship after beating Turf island in Semi-finals and 91 2020 Crush in Tri-state . They also lost in championship in Annapolis, MD. to a u-11 Carolina Cannons team and lost to a u-11 LOONEYS team . Those were Team Igloos loses this tournament season

What was the score of 2021 Turf Island against 2021 Igloo game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the igloo coaching staff.......
Pretty sad your on here bragging about yourselves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the igloo coaching staff.......
Pretty sad your on here bragging about yourselves

Last year Igloo was the best, I saw them play. This year I did not follow them, my son is on a B team so they didnt play Igloo or 91. unless something changed they are the top team . Its not there coaches bragging

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo lost to team 516 in the spring which is the turf island boy boys. Wasn't trying to start an argument. Like I said my son does not play for either team. I asked my friend and that is what I was told. Is this incorrect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep patting yourself on the back coach. U sound like a class act.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am at Hershey and saw the best Turf Island 2021 team play a few times. It looks like 2021 Turf Island can score but the defense looks very weak! That IS SHOCKING given who the coaches are. If they want to compete with Igloo, Team 91, Express or even the Wildkatz they better add some big hard hitting guys at defense. You can see there are "favorites" so they won't make a change. They appear to be a "B" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like someone didn't win their Hershey Bar...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am at Hershey and saw the best Turf Island 2021 team play a few times. It looks like 2021 Turf Island can score but the defense looks very weak! That IS SHOCKING given who the coaches are. If they want to compete with Igloo, Team 91, Express or even the Wildkatz they better add some big hard hitting guys at defense. You can see there are "favorites" so they won't make a change. They appear to be a "B" team.

I know you aren't talking about Deto's team. The defense let up a few goals in the first game because they were on fast breaks since they were up so big. Then only gave up four goals in the next three games. In the spring they beat igloo and express but didn't play 91. Obviously you weren't even at the tournament, you're just someone we know who wants to stir the pot. Get a life. You're pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son will tryout for Turf Island 2021 this year. Do the coaches follow the kids year after year or do they stay at the grade level they coach every year? When are tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know you aren't talking about Deto's team. The defense let up a few goals in the first game because they were on fast breaks since they were up so big. Then only gave up four goals in the next three games. In the spring they beat igloo and express but didn't play 91. Obviously you weren't even at the tournament, you're just someone we know who wants to stir the pot. Get a life. You're pathetic.

I was there and I am talking about Deto's team. If you were honest with yourself and everyone else you would have disclosed that what you call a "few" goals was at least 7 goals. I left when the other team was at 7. They probably got more than that. This team only scored 6 goals against the Outlaws. An elite team should be able to stop fast breaks from a team that could not score more than 6 goals against a "B" team. The other teams you played were not very good offensive teams. You know I am right and that is why you used the word "few" to cover up the truth and called me names. I am not starting trouble. I see people are asking about your team and I told them what I saw and my opinion. No need to react the way you did it looks bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was there and I am talking about Deto's team. If you were honest with yourself and everyone else you would have disclosed that what you call a "few" goals was at least 7 goals. I left when the other team was at 7. They probably got more than that. This team only scored 6 goals against the Outlaws. An elite team should be able to stop fast breaks from a team that could not score more than 6 goals against a "B" team. The other teams you played were not very good offensive teams. You know I am right and that is why you used the word "few" to cover up the truth and called me names. I am not starting trouble. I see people are asking about your team and I told them what I saw and my opinion. No need to react the way you did it looks bad.

Just an FYI my son's 91 2021"orange" team beat that 516 team pretty bad I think it was the same day 516 beat Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not hiding anything the boys played 4 games and gave up a total of 13 goals. Only 2 to that outlaws team you are referring to. But I don't think you are from the outlaws because why would you come on here and plug teams other than your own. So you watched half of game and could tell the coach had "favorites" This teams main focus is equal playing time and developing each child to make them a better player not recruit and replace them. And as for the name calling, you are the one that came on here and called 10yr old boys weak and you're getting offended that I called you pathetic...pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Back of THE CAGE is investigating a detailed report supplied to us by a reader that strongly implies that a 2021 Boys Long Island team is knowingly playing in the wrong age group (playing down) this weekend.

BOTC has contacted the tournament in question without naming the team for the details as to how they (the tournament staff) have set their age brackets for Class of 2021 players. Once we have the age brackets, we will be able to comment further and hopefully clarify the situation.

Again, we want to underscore that BOTC is investigating the details prior to any further disclosure. However, we understand that the many parents are "in-the-know" on this situation. BOTC strongly urges those who might knowingly be on the wrong side of this debate to clarify the position if possible.

It appears the schedule has been revised and the problem fixed. Thank you Cage. And thank you to the tournament organizers, coaches, parents for doing the right thing. This way we can write it off as a simple error and not anything intentional on anyone's part and we can move on and enjoy.

Based on our review of the Chocolatetown Shootout schedules this evening, action was taken to realign the U/9 team in question into the proper age group. Based on additional information sent to us this evening, we believe that this mistake in bracketing was due in part to somewhat obscure language in the age group definitions. None the less, teams should anticipate a fine weekend of lacrosse.

While this is not an event covered by BOTC, we are pleased that we were able to be in a position of advocacy for our Long Island teams.

Avoid this tournament and save yourself time and money. I am a 2022 outlaws parent we played a Rochester Flyers "B bracket" team today that had 3-4 5th graders on it. We then stuck around and watched igloo 2022 play in the championship against the Flyers "A bracket" team and heard the flyers parents discussing that there were 5th graders on the team....did the Flyers submit rosters and back them with birth certificates. Waste of time, this tournament will let anyone in and check nothing. They actually didn't even have a registration booth. BOTC we should have listened to the silence of you not following this half-a**ed tournament. Congrats to Outlaws and Igloo for winning legitimately against some good competition. Shame on chocolate town shootout and Flyers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an 2022 parent at Chocolatetown Shootout, many of us had the same concerns after having to show our son's birth certificates prior to the tourney. Several of our boys asked players from the Flyers during one of our games how old they were and there were several players that were 10 and 11 years old. I was not impressed with this tournament at all. If any of my three kids travel teams enter this tourney next summer, I will truly hesitate to even let them play in it.

Unfortunately, we will probably never get to the bottom of this. It just stinks that some people cannot just follow the rules and set a good example for the kids

Back of THE CAGE is investigating a detailed report supplied to us by a reader that strongly implies that a 2021 Boys Long Island team is knowingly playing in the wrong age group (playing down) this weekend.

BOTC has contacted the tournament in question without naming the team for the details as to how they (the tournament staff) have set their age brackets for Class of 2021 players. Once we have the age brackets, we will be able to comment further and hopefully clarify the situation.

Again, we want to underscore that BOTC is investigating the details prior to any further disclosure. However, we understand that the many parents are "in-the-know" on this situation. BOTC strongly urges those who might knowingly be on the wrong side of this debate to clarify the position if possible.

It appears the schedule has been revised and the problem fixed. Thank you Cage. And thank you to the tournament organizers, coaches, parents for doing the right thing. This way we can write it off as a simple error and not anything intentional on anyone's part and we can move on and enjoy.

Based on our review of the Chocolatetown Shootout schedules this evening, action was taken to realign the U/9 team in question into the proper age group. Based on additional information sent to us this evening, we believe that this mistake in bracketing was due in part to somewhat obscure language in the age group definitions. None the less, teams should anticipate a fine weekend of lacrosse.

While this is not an event covered by BOTC, we are pleased that we were able to be in a position of advocacy for our Long Island teams.

Avoid this tournament and save yourself time and money. I am a 2022 outlaws parent we played a Rochester Flyers "B bracket" team today that had 3-4 5th graders on it. We then stuck around and watched igloo 2022 play in the championship against the Flyers "A bracket" team and heard the flyers parents discussing that there were 5th graders on the team....did the Flyers submit rosters and back them with birth certificates. Waste of time, this tournament will let anyone in and check nothing. They actually didn't even have a registration booth. BOTC we should have listened to the silence of you not following this half-a**ed tournament. Congrats to Outlaws and Igloo for winning legitimately against some good competition. Shame on chocolate town shootout and Flyers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was there for all of the Turf Island 2021 Blue Team games and here are the scores:
Oilers 12 - NJ Tomahawks 8
Oilers 11 - LI Outlaws 2
Oilers 8 - Hershey Cocoa Loco 3
Oilers 17 - Force Blue 0
Sounds like a pretty good tournament showing to me.
I have watched these boys play for the past three years and I have even coached some of them. They have become better players and are having fun while playing the game. What more could a parent/coach hope for? My son is happy, so I am happy. End of story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turf Island played well. That NJ team from what I was told had kids a few years older. They certainly looked like an A team, I think you have to beat the best to be considered the best so I would have to see how they did against Igloo and 91 in an actual game. Thats not meant to be a slight. I rmember the start of the year many people kept saying the Wildkatz where an A team, well they have not beaten the true As. till they do their not. Same with Turf Island or anybody

I was there for all of the Turf Island 2021 Blue Team games and here are the scores:
Oilers 11 - LI Outlaws 2
Oilers 17 - Force Blue 0
I have watched these boys play for the past three years and I have even coached some of them. They have become better players and are having fun while playing the game. What more could a parent/coach hope for? My son is happy, so I am happy. End of story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oilers 11 - LI Outlaws 2
Oilers 17 - Force Blue 0

When we play TurfIsland we know we are going to score goals in bunches. They do have a powerful offense and that is how they win. But don't list scores against B and C teams and claim you did great. The big boys were not there and would have scored more and shutout those teams. You have a good team but not as good as you all think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
17-0 victory.Classy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only 4 games?2021 TI Blue? What happened in championship? I guess you lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I totally agree with you. When the flyers lined up on the field they were the size of 6th graders. Now I come from a town team with a really large 3rd grader but they are rare This was almost an entire team of oversized "u9" players. Not sure when this game switched form being fun and getting better to win at all costs even if you have to cheat....yes I said cheat....to do it. That Flyers team was a joke we come from a team of 2/3rd graders I guess I should just be glad nobody on our team was seriously hurt. Hopefully US Lacrosse will be like soccer and this will not be a problem anymore, well at least until teams find a way around it. We will never play at this tournament again, and I suggest that if you see it on your teams tournament list that you run don't walk the other direction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand why there is this long discussion of the Flyers cheating at Hershey. If there is a claim of cheating, it should be submitted to the tournament organizers and they should be obligated to investigate. That would include checking the birth certificates of all players who played. There is no grey area here. Either they used older players or they did not. And the tournament organizers must look into this because otherwise they are allowing a tournament where teams break the rules, which could result in injury. And if Flyers cheated, they should be banned from tournaments for a year. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand why there is this long discussion of the Flyers cheating at Hershey. If there is a claim of cheating, it should be submitted to the tournament organizers and they should be obligated to investigate. That would include checking the birth certificates of all players who played. There is no grey area here. Either they used older players or they did not. And the tournament organizers must look into this because otherwise they are allowing a tournament where teams break the rules, which could result in injury. And if Flyers cheated, they should be banned from tournaments for a year. Period.

It was Chocolatetown Shootout, not Hershey. I did call but had no luck and left a voicemail. I never saw any organizers or a tent with organizers etc. We can't change history. If they can lay their heads down at night with a clear conscience, I feel really sorry for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was Chocolatetown Shootout, not Hershey. I did call but had no luck and left a voicemail. I never saw any organizers or a tent with organizers etc. We can't change history. If they can lay their heads down at night with a clear conscience, I feel really sorry for them

It was not just in the U9 division. U11 also had U13 kids playing on their teams. Cheating is rampant at these tournaments and I am not sure how these clubs equate cheating being fine if you win? It's still cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The tournament has a history of allowing older kids/teams to play down. I believe that BOTC had seen this complaint last year as well. This year the tournament allowed an older LI team into the wrong bracket but corrected it when BOTC called them out on it. The tournament had NO registration booth, the directors were nowhere to be found, they did not require rosters or backup to rosters (their website said that teams must present rosters but they did not enforce it). The Flyers cheated, they played with older kids. The kids told other teams kids they were older and the parents talked about it. The Flyers had two teams that dominated U-9 A and B brackets, each team had 2-3 subs. Each team had 3-4 kids that were not only a foot taller than every other kid on the field but also skilled in lacrosse like a 5th grader. If every kid on Flyers is U-9, then they could put together the best U-9 team in the country by far bar none and would have 4-5 kids on that team that are the best U-9 players in the country, and I am talking about better than anyone on Smash, Igloo, Express and better than the U-9 player on Crush that we all know. It was a blatant joke and it has been raised to the organizers and they have not responded. There is still time for them to do the right thing and investigate and assure everyone that this will never happen again or otherwise AVOID this tournament next year at all costs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easier said than done. A few years back, I confronted the organizers with a question about a team's players ages. I was blown off.

Because there is always another way to get your point across; I had a brief conversation with one of the high profile parents of that team (one who allegedly had a child of age and older playing). In that conversation, I stated I heard before the playoff games started they were checking rosters. (the rules of the tournament stated you needed to submit paper copies of the roster and carry a copy on you). He quickly and politely excused himself and said good luck.

Miraculously the boys in questions were not there for the playoffs. Sad part was, they didn't need the older players to win.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The tournament has a history of allowing older kids/teams to play down. I believe that BOTC had seen this complaint last year as well. This year the tournament allowed an older LI team into the wrong bracket but corrected it when BOTC called them out on it.
Yes, we did call them out. Remember that we had hard evidence that the situation occured in the 2012 edition of the tournament. Given that this is NOT a recommended BOTC Tournament, there is only so much effort that we can employ to protect the players and the teams that REFUSE to listen to our tournament recommendations.

The tournament had NO registration booth, the directors were nowhere to be found, they did not require rosters or backup to rosters (their website said that teams must present rosters but they did not enforce it).
BOTC believes that the Chocolatetown Tournament (not to be confused with the Hershey LaxFest or the Hershey Shootout) might be a nice little local event, but to invest money in travel, hotels, and application fees for what is not a professionally handled tournament seems outlandish to us in the value-for-money category.

The Flyers cheated, they played with older kids. The kids told other teams kids they were older and the parents talked about it. The Flyers had two teams that dominated U-9 A and B brackets, each team had 2-3 subs. Each team had 3-4 kids that were not only a foot taller than every other kid on the field but also skilled in lacrosse like a 5th grader. If every kid on Flyers is U-9, then they could put together the best U-9 team in the country by far bar none and would have 4-5 kids on that team that are the best U-9 players in the country, and I am talking about better than anyone on Smash, Igloo, Express and better than the U-9 player on Crush that we all know.
BOTC did all of the detective work that we can afford to do on this crazy little tournament at this point. When we say that you should patronize the tournaments that are advertising with BOTC because we have confirmed contacts to address your concerns, you now understand why. Without tournament insurance or other protections, you are flying blind when choosing non-BOTC events.

It was a blatant joke and it has been raised to the organizers and they have not responded. There is still time for them to do the right thing and investigate and assure everyone that this will never happen again or otherwise AVOID this tournament next year at all costs.
One year from now, the same debate will happen unless clubs and teams proactively learn from each other's experiences. This is now two years in a row that the parents have black-balled this tournament.

"Once a fool, shame on you. Twice a fool, shame on me."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"When we play TurfIsland we know we are going to score goals in bunches. They do have a powerful offense and that is how they win. But don't list scores against B and C teams and claim you did great. The big boys were not there and would have scored more and shutout those teams. You have a good team but not as good as you all think."

Wildkatz played Igloo at laxfest in a pretty exciting game then tied TI. I believe Igloo also beat TI by one goal but had lost to 91. I know Igloo won in the end but the point I am trying to make is, when talent plays talent, the games will be close. Both teams will score goals. They are 10 yrs old. These teams will be playing each other for years, some boys will be recruited to other teams and may even play together. As parents we should respect the teams and teach our kids to respect each other. You never know who you may end up playing with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"When we play TurfIsland we know we are going to score goals in bunches. They do have a powerful offense and that is how they win. But don't list scores against B and C teams and claim you did great. The big boys were not there and would have scored more and shutout those teams. You have a good team but not as good as you all think."

Wildkatz played Igloo at laxfest in a pretty exciting game then tied TI. I believe Igloo also beat TI by one goal but had lost to 91. I know Igloo won in the end but the point I am trying to make is, when talent plays talent, the games will be close. Both teams will score goals. They are 10 yrs old. These teams will be playing each other for years, some boys will be recruited to other teams and may even play together. As parents we should respect the teams and teach our kids to respect each other. You never know who you may end up playing with.

Very well put ...I like it .....most of the kids know each other and are friends the parents are the problem ....always trying to jockey there kid and gain an advantage... THEY ARE 10 !!!!! do you think the kids are talking about this non sense ... I have been watching this thread for 3 days and I am ashamed to say I probably know some of these people that have posted on here . In the end does it really matter , does it ???? Nope . I guess a good word would be pathetic ..... Have fun with the team you are on and save the drama . Your not missing anything where you . If your kid enjoys the team he is on and the kids he plays with be happy . DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY
This is better then Jerry Springer .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well put ...I like it .....most of the kids know each other and are friends the parents are the problem ....always trying to jockey there kid and gain an advantage... THEY ARE 10 !!!!! do you think the kids are talking about this non sense ... I have been watching this thread for 3 days and I am ashamed to say I probably know some of these people that have posted on here . In the end does it really matter , does it ???? Nope . I guess a good word would be pathetic ..... Have fun with the team you are on and save the drama . Your not missing anything where you . If your kid enjoys the team he is on and the kids he plays with be happy . DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY

This is out of control. Let me see if I can end this and show all you people that we all need each other.... I agree the problem starts with the parents. For some reason when the kids are 9 or 10 parents feel that if they have a kid who plays on the best team people will think their child will be viewed as better or even the best. It gives parents bragging rights. Since there is no ranking system or real championship game to see who is the best team it is left open for debate here and when we see each other. When we debate here and cut down the best Long Island teams in this open forum it weakens how people view Long Island lacrosse as I will explain. First let me make it clear to all that if your child plays on an elite team or even the best team it does not mean that he is better than other kids on other elite teams or even "B" and "C" teams. If fact the diference between an elite team is not the best players but the depth of the best players. The "B" teams better players can make most of the elite teams just as many "A" players can play on all the "A" teams. Just because your son plays on the best team it does not make him better than a kid that plays on a "B" team. But parents find a need to show the world that their son plays on the best team so he is viewed as the best. So pound your chest here and knock yourself out trying to show people your son plays on the best team. It does not mean your son is better than all the players on the other teams including those that play on "B" teams. Having said that there are 2 teams that are the best teams for 2021 and we all know they are. Now that does not mean that the other 3 "best" teams are not as good it just means that based on public opinion these two teams are the best for this year with 3 others very close. I base this on what most people say and what I have seen. I would put My son on any one of these 5 teams and be proud. All these teams are great scoring teams. Some teams may make changes next year or years after to get better. Some may add better defense which is almost always the fastest path to get better. One thing is for sure we are all from Long Island and we have an interest in making all of Long Island lacrosse better. I may not like some of these teams when My son's team plays them but when any Long Island team is playing any out of state team I ALWAYS want the Long Island team to Win. Many states want to take over as being the best and to do that they know they need to get better than US here on Long Island. If we are here fighting each other and cutting our Long Island teams down for the world to see it will be an easy fast take over for any state. Our kids will be ready for college in a few years and we all want Long Island to still be viewed as number one when it comes time for 2021 kids to pick a college. So remember each time you cut down one of our elite teams or even "B" teams you could be wekening the reputation of Long Island Lacrosse as a whole. After all if we have ony one elite team is Long Island a place where the best lacrosse is played? The more elite teams we have the longer colleges will be coming here to see our kids. WE NEED ALL OUR TEAMS TO GET BETTER !!! It does not matter who is the best as long as we keep the reputation of many elite teams. So please stop cutting each other down because in the end you are cutting down the talent pool on Long Island which includes all our kids. After all if your team is the only elite team on Long Island it means that the Long Island pool of players are not that good so why should colleges come here. We have an interest to have all long Island kids and teams get better at lacrosse. We should build all our Long Island teams up here for the word to see not tear them down. Don't forget that!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJ Tomahawks U-11 team had 4 or 5 players well above normal size..and a maniac women coach who pierced everyones ears.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you seen a few of the dads... Pretty big dudes
NJ Tomahawks U-11 team had 4 or 5 players well above normal size..and a maniac women coach who pierced everyones ears.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it was confirmed like the rest of the teams at that tourney. They all bring in older kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it was confirmed like the rest of the teams at that tourney. They all bring in older kids.

Some of our players asked the kids how old they where and they where told going into 7th

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is out of control. Let me see if I can end this and show all you people that we all need each other.... I agree the problem starts with the parents. For some reason when the kids are 9 or 10 parents feel that if they have a kid who plays on the best team people will think their child will be viewed as better or even the best. It gives parents bragging rights. Since there is no ranking system or real championship game to see who is the best team it is left open for debate here and when we see each other. When we debate here and cut down the best Long Island teams in this open forum it weakens how people view Long Island lacrosse as I will explain. First let me make it clear to all that if your child plays on an elite team or even the best team it does not mean that he is better than other kids on other elite teams or even "B" and "C" teams. If fact the diference between an elite team is not the best players but the depth of the best players. The "B" teams better players can make most of the elite teams just as many "A" players can play on all the "A" teams. Just because your son plays on the best team it does not make him better than a kid that plays on a "B" team. But parents find a need to show the world that their son plays on the best team so he is viewed as the best. So pound your chest here and knock yourself out trying to show people your son plays on the best team. It does not mean your son is better than all the players on the other teams including those that play on "B" teams. Having said that there are 2 teams that are the best teams for 2021 and we all know they are. Now that does not mean that the other 3 "best" teams are not as good it just means that based on public opinion these two teams are the best for this year with 3 others very close. I base this on what most people say and what I have seen. I would put My son on any one of these 5 teams and be proud. All these teams are great scoring teams. Some teams may make changes next year or years after to get better. Some may add better defense which is almost always the fastest path to get better. One thing is for sure we are all from Long Island and we have an interest in making all of Long Island lacrosse better. I may not like some of these teams when My son's team plays them but when any Long Island team is playing any out of state team I ALWAYS want the Long Island team to Win. Many states want to take over as being the best and to do that they know they need to get better than US here on Long Island. If we are here fighting each other and cutting our Long Island teams down for the world to see it will be an easy fast take over for any state. Our kids will be ready for college in a few years and we all want Long Island to still be viewed as number one when it comes time for 2021 kids to pick a college. So remember each time you cut down one of our elite teams or even "B" teams you could be wekening the reputation of Long Island Lacrosse as a whole. After all if we have ony one elite team is Long Island a place where the best lacrosse is played? The more elite teams we have the longer colleges will be coming here to see our kids. WE NEED ALL OUR TEAMS TO GET BETTER !!! It does not matter who is the best as long as we keep the reputation of many elite teams. So please stop cutting each other down because in the end you are cutting down the talent pool on Long Island which includes all our kids. After all if your team is the only elite team on Long Island it means that the Long Island pool of players are not that good so why should colleges come here. We have an interest to have all long Island kids and teams get better at lacrosse. We should build all our Long Island teams up here for the word to see not tear them down. Don't forget that!!!

excellent point!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great Point!!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard