BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 33 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 32 33
Re: Team 91 MD
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The college coaches at a recent recruiting event in MD got quite the show. One high profile recruit was leaving the field after a lackluster game and a close loss, but was heard chirping the opposing team, "You know my name!" Lots of me. Not a lot of we.

Kids these days are watching too many slow-mo vids of themselves shooting in helmet and gloves in the back yard and think that's real lacrosse. It's why their h/s teams always underperform.

These parents aren't doing their kids any favors. They really believe what their dads are telling them. Gonna be a huge wakeup call for these kids in college and ultimately life.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like 2023 91MD picked up some LBA guest players to help them put the smackdown on the 91LI "B" team. Nice job on the "W" boyz. Must have needed the help b/c there were at least 15 subs on the sidelines with 91MD helmets.

Nothing like flying the family down to Florida so your kid can stand on the sidelines watching a bunch of guest players play.

Yup, same with 2026 - bring in Texas kids who hog the ball, never practice with the team, and take time from players that are good and there every practice, and they wonder why they don't win more at tourneys. The regular kids DESPISE those kids. They have ZERO rhythm with the team. They don't even hang out with the team while they are there. Parents were not happy last weekend. Even when they screwed up, which was often, they went right back in. Pathetic practice.

Parents who put up with that guest player garbage have nobody to blame but themselves. Find a team that doesn’t participate in that nonsense.

Had no idea it was going to happen.
It's one of the reasons their younger teams aren't attracting the local talent they used to. They know the rug will be pulled out from under them in the 7th grade, with out-of-towners that aren't held accountable.
Many clubs are struggling to attract the local talent because because for all of the talk bout "developing players" the only focus is on winning at all costs, even at the young ages. It's highly unusual to see the year-over-year turnover that 91 has in the HS ages though. Teams are generally settled down by then, but 91 has a revolving door of players exiting and new ones entering even up to their Jr year. There has to be some real issues for that to be going on at what's supposed to be a "top" level club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The college coaches at a recent recruiting event in MD got quite the show. One high profile recruit was leaving the field after a lackluster game and a close loss, but was heard chirping the opposing team, "You know my name!" Lots of me. Not a lot of we.

Kids these days are watching too many slow-mo vids of themselves shooting in helmet and gloves in the back yard and think that's real lacrosse. It's why their h/s teams always underperform.

These parents aren't doing their kids any favors. They really believe what their dads are telling them. Gonna be a huge wakeup call for these kids in college and ultimately life.
If it was #9, he better learn to deal with having a mark on him not only by teams he plays against now, but also as a Freshman within his own team in college. Seniors love nothing more than adjusting the attitude of freshman coming in with a chip on their shoulder based on their youth lacrosse accolades. Scanlon did great at Syracuse with the #22 didn't he?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it was #9, he better learn to deal with having a mark on him not only by teams he plays against now, but also as a Freshman within his own team in college. Seniors love nothing more than adjusting the attitude of freshman coming in with a chip on their shoulder based on their youth lacrosse accolades. Scanlon did great at Syracuse with the #22 didn't he?
ECD coverage of this kid is sickening..... He's a freaking High Schooler..... These ECD guys are completely out of touch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, same with 2026 - bring in Texas kids who hog the ball, never practice with the team, and take time from players that are good and there every practice, and they wonder why they don't win more at tourneys. The regular kids DESPISE those kids. They have ZERO rhythm with the team. They don't even hang out with the team while they are there. Parents were not happy last weekend. Even when they screwed up, which was often, they went right back in. Pathetic practice.

Are you delusional??? The 26 91 MD team is horrible. TX kids are brought in so the beatdown is less than double digits. Wondering why they don't win tournaments???? Laughable. How about win a game first!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like 2023 91MD picked up some LBA guest players to help them put the smackdown on the 91LI "B" team. Nice job on the "W" boyz. Must have needed the help b/c there were at least 15 subs on the sidelines with 91MD helmets.

Nothing like flying the family down to Florida so your kid can stand on the sidelines watching a bunch of guest players play.

Parents who put up with that guest player garbage have nobody to blame but themselves. Find a team that doesn’t participate in that nonsense.

Had no idea it was going to happen.

Me either, then they show up and automatically start? Absurd.

Not defending it at all.....but if you think it's absurd (which it is), like many things in life, it means the product is not *for* you. The product is intended for two demographics:

1) Parents/kids who want to "feel like they're on a winning team" (and tell Buffy at the Clubhouse alllllll about it), but aren't worried that their kid is getting low value (and reduced visibility, low playing time, etc) out of the paid experience.

2) Parents/kids from outside the DC - Boston corridor who want to "sub in" on a "high profile east coast team" to increase Barrett VI's chances of being seen by a coach or recruiter outside of their town in eastern Iowa. And who don't mind knowing they're being used *specifically* to help the club boost its national ranking.

The product ( ML, True, Crabs, 91, Hawks, and many others) is not there so your son Greyhson Salyx, who rightfully snagged a 1st line spot on an elite team, can show off his dominance. No, no, no. Greyhson Salyx and the other "real starters" are there to support the guest players, who are there to help cement the club's ranking for the year. And the copacetic "go along" parents are there to bankroll the whole thing. It's its own very absurd ecosystem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ECD coverage of this kid is sickening..... He's a freaking High Schooler..... These ECD guys are completely out of touch
Dad is partnered with them on several events. Coverage and professional videographer is all paid for by daddy. Of course on the other side, they do nothing to support getting game film to the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is comical the coverage they give him. Everyone that has any knowledge knows what a joke it is . I will say, it gives many of us , plenty to talk and laugh about while making fun of the situation and ECD. Round two of the next chosen one will be here in next few years with the lapdogs at ECD doing their puppet dance again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 2026 is a mess. The coach plays kids for his own personal reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 does not a revolving door. It’s one way only opens for out of town permanent guest players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 does not a revolving door. It’s one way only opens for out of town permanent guest players.
Which would be fine if they could make all of the practices. Let a local kid on the team skip the practices and see how it plays out. When they roll in from out of town they're treated like they have made some special sacrifice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which would be fine if they could make all of the practices. Let a local kid on the team skip the practices and see how it plays out. When they roll in from out of town they're treated like they have made some special sacrifice.

I am extremely curious to know where you stand on immigration / illegal immigration.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the 91 box program Canadian style? Of is it just indoor lacrosse?

It's box practice, not games. They do some brief scrimmages at the end of the practices.

There is a 91 box team that plays games in the Myers league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am extremely curious to know where you stand on immigration / illegal immigration.
I would definitely deflect and shift away from the topic too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2025 Team 91 MD has an out of town hold back on HGH. Trifecta?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My '24 quit his 91 team and has decided to quit club altogether. Only playing on his HS team. Just couldn't take the drama and beatings any longer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a deflection at all if you think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a deflection at all if you think about it.
Of course it is? But you know that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another D1 commit for Millon. The 2023 MSJ mid committed to UMBC. Millon has worked with him for years and turned him into a D1 player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s awesome! UMBC is my sons dream school!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s awesome! UMBC is my sons dream school!

You're such a hammerhead... what is wrong with UMBC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another D1 commit for Millon. The 2023 MSJ mid committed to UMBC. Millon has worked with him for years and turned him into a D1 player

Congrats to the young man.

I doubt this has more than 10% due to Millon, as every year, UMBC aggressively recruits McDonough, Curley, MSJ, Spalding, and Severna Park HS for above-average or better local athletic talent who can hang with the academics and make up the core of their unit. This kid would have been seen by UMBC coaches with or without Millon. Again, congrats to the kid for showing out when it counted, and being ready & able to play at the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt this has more than 10% due to Millon, as every year, UMBC aggressively recruits McDonough, Curley, MSJ, Spalding, and Severna Park HS for above-average or better local athletic talent who can hang with the academics and make up the core of their unit. This kid would have been seen by UMBC coaches with or without Millon. Again, congrats to the kid for showing out when it counted, and being ready & able to play at the next level.

Over 12 kids from public school and 16 private school in the area. You are correct with out without Millon!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMBC is the most “MARYLAND” college team out there.
Multiples from:
St Mary’s, John Carroll, Mt Hebron, McD and Spaulding. And as far away as SSSA and Dematha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol sorry but Millon had nothing to do with this young man’s development. His own work ethic and his fathers support got him to UMBC. The kid is a class act and hard worker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 91 get new swag this year. Interested to see how their bags will be organized

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 91 get new swag this year. Interested to see how their bags will be organized

Not only new swag, but the 25 team was bestowed with the honor of being called "FIRE". Well done boys. May all 91 teams earn that prestigious achievement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only new swag, but the 25 team was bestowed with the honor of being called "FIRE". Well done boys. May all 91 teams earn that prestigious achievement.

“Fire” indeed!

Not to be confused with team “Lit”, or team “No Cap”

Some say MM is Cheugy.

But the key really is sweet swag and making sure the team name reflects just how current, hip and cool it is, so the kids social media can be off the hook, 100. Double underline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Fire” indeed!

Not to be confused with team “Lit”, or team “No Cap”

Some say MM is Cheugy.

But the key really is sweet swag and making sure the team name reflects just how current, hip and cool it is, so the kids social media can be off the hook, 100. Double underline.

You can call yourself whatever you want when you haven't lost in over a year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't knock MM's marketing skills - #9 is in the news all the time (and on the cover of US Lacrosse Magazine) I'm sure he'll be announcing a sponsorship deal soon. Strike while the iron is hot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't knock MM's marketing skills - #9 is in the news all the time (and on the cover of US Lacrosse Magazine) I'm sure he'll be announcing a sponsorship deal soon. Strike while the iron is hot.

This. There are many negative things that could be said about 91's operations, coaching, culture, etc.

But branding and marketing are being managed multiple levels better than any other club in the region. Including national teams.

Crabs, Looneys, and even Koopers and Breakers have had (actual) genius one-off ideas about branding and marketing over the last 20 years, but Millon kills it consistently. I'd rather my kid intern at Millon's company than play for his teams lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This. There are many negative things that could be said about 91's operations, coaching, culture, etc.

But branding and marketing are being managed multiple levels better than any other club in the region. Including national teams.

Crabs, Looneys, and even Koopers and Breakers have had (actual) genius one-off ideas about branding and marketing over the last 20 years, but Millon kills it consistently. I'd rather my kid intern at Millon's company than play for his teams lol.

not long till 3Step makes a play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2027s have had a ton of turnover as I understand. They have consistently struggled in HoCo Elite level. Does anyone have a sense for how strong they will be this year? Curious!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not sold that the 27 are anywhere near elite level. If they are out there, they won’t do well.

A couple kids from my sons old teams play for them. All of them are good, not great kids. None of them are standouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
27’s win 1 game a year in hoco but do play well against other teams. But the 27 elites are pretty good: hawks, NL and ml are top 15 against club teams. National teams aren’t included.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2027s have had a ton of turnover as I understand. They have consistently struggled in HoCo Elite level. Does anyone have a sense for how strong they will be this year? Curious!

None of the players they brought in are upgrades at the positions they play. In fact, expect the offense to be the same or possibly even worse. Biggest problem on that team is lack of accountability and personal responsibility, beginning with the two dad coaches on the sideline who have their heads buried in their phones during games and practices. They add nothing resembling value to the staff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of the players they brought in are upgrades at the positions they play. In fact, expect the offense to be the same or possibly even worse. Biggest problem on that team is lack of accountability and personal responsibility, beginning with the two dad coaches on the sideline who have their heads buried in their phones during games and practices. They add nothing resembling value to the staff.
There are 4 dad coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 4 dad coaches.

Consider yourself lucky. We fell for the 91 sales pitch for 2028. 27 kids on the roster. Multiple dad coaches (we followed one there, promised an "elite experience"). I feel like the club is keeping us in the dark about what bracket we are playing in, to stop us from complaining. We literally have no idea if we will be in Elite, AAA, or AA.

Positives so far: had a bunch of good box lax practices, and Millon does show up for workouts semi regularly, which the boys seem to like. Most of the kids seem to have a good attitude but with basically 30 of them, hard to keep them all straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 4 dad coaches.

Yes, but two do nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026's off to an 0-2 start. Guess the out of state ringers couldn't make it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 33 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard