BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Creter will lose some faceoffs when they play Pingry's Duke FOGO. Will be a great matchup. Speaking of Pingry, they should definitely be in the top 20, if not the top 10. They lost the LSM but tons of studs coming back. And I'd be surprised in Bridgewater doesn't find their way into the top 20 with the 2 x Kurdyla Rutgers' commits and great coach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What about Lawrenceville? Best fogo in the state and stacked with Canadian recruits and Culver transfers.
Lawrenceville isn't really a NJ High School team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Lawrenceville? Best fogo in the state and stacked with Canadian recruits and Culver transfers.

Since it is located in Lawrenceville NJ pretty sure it is a NJ team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Any preseason ranking come out yet?

Any rough guesses on a top 15 in the state or by area?
DB
SHP
Westfield
Summit
Mountain Lakes
Delbarton
CBA
Ridgewood
St Augustine
Bergen Catholic
RFH
Chatham
Hunterdon Central
Montclair
Manasquan

Ditto to this one. The top five here is pretty accurate. Only change I would put Wall in over Chatham and CBA as they are both on down years. HC will not lose a face off the entire season so they could go a little higher.
Replace CBA with Pingry and move RFH up to number 8.. Wall still TBD, they lost a big player last year, the coach is still untested, and didn't they lose kids to the football.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are number 1 and would beat everyone in the state. Do you feel better? Now we can talk about NJ High Schools.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are number 1 and would beat everyone in the state. Do you feel better? Now we can talk about NJ High Schools.

Teams who have PG players aren’t allowed in the state tournaments, for good reason. So Lville should be on a separate list which includes the other PG schools like Deerfield and Brunswick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams who have PG players aren’t allowed in the state tournaments, for good reason. So Lville should be on a separate list which includes the other PG schools like Deerfield and Brunswick

Agreed...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What!!!! I don't have a kid at Lawrenceville -- but I can tell you that every single school you have listed has multiple holdbacks and or reclasses. What's the difference?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What!!!! I don't have a kid at Lawrenceville -- but I can tell you that every single school you have listed has multiple holdbacks and or reclasses. What's the difference?

The difference is that some of those PG kids already were holdbacks so now you have double holdbacks on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the point.. We all know that Lawrenceville is the best lacrosse school in the state. move on!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the point.. We all know that Lawrenceville is the best lacrosse school in the state. move on![/quote]

Rutgers or Princeton may have something to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the point.. We all know that Lawrenceville is the best lacrosse school in the state. move on!

Rutgers or Princeton may have something to say.[/quote]
"High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the point.. We all know that Lawrenceville is the best lacrosse school in the state. move on![/quote]

PG School maybe. Not best HS lacrosse team in the state. Not the same as a HS that can participate in the NJSIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PG School maybe. Not best HS lacrosse team in the state. Not the same as a HS that can participate in the NJSIAA.[/quote]
Again, every high school on that list has kids who are reclassed or were held back. Yes. They are a New Jersey school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PG School maybe. Not best HS lacrosse team in the state. Not the same as a HS that can participate in the NJSIAA.

Again, every high school on that list has kids who are reclassed or were held back. Yes. They are a New Jersey school.[/quote]

Yes, every school has their list of reclasses however Lawrenceville has kids that are above the age limit (think 2x reclassers) to participate in the NJSIAA post season which is what all other NJ HS in NJ participate in. There is a reason these schools can not participate in the post seasons. They are not eligible where other schools are even with reclasses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, every high school on that list has kids who are reclassed or were held back. Yes. They are a New Jersey school.

Yes, every school has their list of reclasses however Lawrenceville has kids that are above the age limit (think 2x reclassers) to participate in the NJSIAA post season which is what all other NJ HS in NJ participate in. There is a reason these schools can not participate in the post seasons. They are not eligible where other schools are even with reclasses.[/quote]
So then the discussion should be about what are the best New Jersey team in the NJSIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, every school has their list of reclasses however Lawrenceville has kids that are above the age limit (think 2x reclassers) to participate in the NJSIAA post season which is what all other NJ HS in NJ participate in. There is a reason these schools can not participate in the post seasons. They are not eligible where other schools are even with reclasses.
So then the discussion should be about what are the best New Jersey team in the NJSIAA.[/quote]

Lawrenceville*
DB
SHP
Westfield
Summit
Mountain Lakes
Delbarton
Pingry
Ridgewood
Hunterdon Central
St Augustine
RFH
Chatham
Montclair
Manasquan
Bergen Catholic

*not eligible for NJSIAA

You happy now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So then the discussion should be about what are the best New Jersey team in the NJSIAA.

Lawrenceville*
DB
SHP
Westfield
Summit
Mountain Lakes
Delbarton
Pingry
Ridgewood
Hunterdon Central
St Augustine
RFH
Chatham
Montclair
Manasquan
Bergen Catholic

*not eligible for NJSIAA

You happy now?[/quote]

Not the guy your debating but...LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i get lawrenceville is in NJ, but i'd be willing to say the majority of the players there are not from NJ. they're a great team. i don't consider them a NJ HS team.

as for the top teams, i'm expecting westfield, lakes and chatham to take a step back. westfield and lakes both graduated TONS of talent. lakes, obviously, is probably still the favorite in group 1 north, mainly cause it's so weak. i'd expect them and chatham to battle it out behind delby in the morris county tourney though. chatham takes a step back due to their coaching. the old coach that left was a heck of a coach. from what i've heard not many people are big fans of the new coach, knowing him from club. talent is also a question there.

of course, bosco is probably the best team in the state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i get lawrenceville is in NJ, but i'd be willing to say the majority of the players there are not from NJ. they're a great team. i don't consider them a NJ HS team.

as for the top teams, i'm expecting westfield, lakes and chatham to take a step back. westfield and lakes both graduated TONS of talent. lakes, obviously, is probably still the favorite in group 1 north, mainly cause it's so weak. i'd expect them and chatham to battle it out behind delby in the morris county tourney though. chatham takes a step back due to their coaching. the old coach that left was a heck of a coach. from what i've heard not many people are big fans of the new coach, knowing him from club. talent is also a question there.

Your assessment on Chatham is not fully true. The old coach was not a fan favorite and many in town are glad he’s gone. He has always had a ton of talent to work with.

You are correct that the talent is questionable there now, however .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your assessment on Chatham is not fully true. The old coach was not a fan favorite and many in town are glad he’s gone. He has always had a ton of talent to work with.

You can't count Bosco as a New Jersey team because they recruit from outside of the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good scrimmages this week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree to disagree i guess. 3 state championships and a team constantly in the top 10-15 during his time there. but i guess 3rd most active winning coach in NJ isn't wanted. kinda like the state of the US now. brink of collapse here but glad we don't have the mean tweets, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i believe wednesday is SHP @ Lawrenceville.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For SHP just curious how many boys turned out for freshmen team tryouts? My son is attending SHP in September.
Assuming its gets harder each year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For SHP just curious how many boys turned out for freshmen team tryouts? My son is attending SHP in September.

Would also love to know that. Over under is 40.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would also love to know that. Over under is 40.

A little less than 50 freshmen tried out this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i believe wednesday is SHP @ Lawrenceville.

Anyone have the score on this game or any other scrimmages?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delbarton 7 Bergen Catholic 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wall 9 CBA 5 (approximate) down year for us but in two years we will probably be the best team in the Shore with a strong Freshman class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wall 9 CBA 5 (approximate) down year for us but in two years we will probably be the best team in the Shore with a strong Freshman class.
Wall's best player didn't play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Navy or Rutgers kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Navy or Rutgers kid?
Top Sr..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ramapo 5, MKA 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Navy or Rutgers kid?
Top Sr..

That would be the Rutgers kid..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good early statement match-ups opening day March 30th? .. I love the smell of lax in spring.. good luck to all this season,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lawrenceville not looking so hot their first few games. they wanna play with the big boys, got knocked down QUICK!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lawrenceville not looking so hot their first few games. they wanna play with the big boys, got knocked down QUICK!
Overrated. Bosco would beat them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHP 10 Mountain Lakes 3

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8