BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30
Re: 2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Virginia is currently 2 - 5 and they are probably better than 110 Teams. Perfect example of why a teams record is not an indication of how a team stacks up in women's DI lacrosse.

Virginia is 2-3 with losses to BC, Maryland and Princeton.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked at Virginia's schedule.... Very difficult.

If they do not make the NCAA Tournament I could see them going the way of Duke.

Huge Virginia fan for how they approach their schedule. I think they make it to a 500 record. They will need to win 3 of the toss ups or upset UNC and/or Syracuse. I think they beat Virginia Tech, James Madison and Richmond and can definitely the other 3 as well.

PROJECTED LOSSES
Maryland (L)
Princeton (L)
BC (L)
UNC
Syracuse

PROJECTED WINS
Elon (W)
Cal (W)
Pitt
Louisville

TOSS UPS
Virginia Tech
James Madison
Richmond
Stanford
Duke
Notre Dame

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Charlotte North was awful on the draws today and should have been benched from that position

Oh just go away. How about give some credit to UVA players.

Exactly, UVA dominated draws. Strange they kept CN in when she kept losing. Others wouldn’t get that slack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Charlotte North was awful on the draws today and should have been benched from that position

Exactly, UVA dominated draws. Strange they kept CN in when she kept losing. Others wouldn’t get that slack

Circle play doesn’t count? Obviously you have an issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Notre Dame is in a much more difficult spot, I could see them easing the schedule in the future. Notre Dame will have to win 4 of their toss up games or upset Syracuse, UNC and/or BC. I do not see them making the NCAAs this season.

PROJECTED LOSSES
Michigan (L)
Vanderbilt (L)
Northwestern (L)
Syracuse
UNC
BC

PROJECTED WINS
Central Michigan (W)
Pitt
Louisville
Marquette

TOSS UPS
Jacksonville
Duke
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Yale
Duke

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huge Virginia fan for how they approach their schedule. I think they make it to a 500 record. They will need to win 3 of the toss ups or upset UNC and/or Syracuse. I think they beat Virginia Tech, James Madison and Richmond and can definitely win at least 1 other 3 as well.

PROJECTED LOSSES
Maryland (L)
Princeton (L)
BC (L)
UNC
Syracuse

PROJECTED WINS
Elon (W)
Cal (W)
Pitt
Louisville

TOSS UPS
Virginia Tech
James Madison
Richmond
Stanford
Duke
Notre Dame

Apologies, they need to win four of the toss ups or have upsets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Virginia is currently 2 - 5 and they are probably better than 110 Teams. Perfect example of why a teams record is not an indication of how a team stacks up in women's DI lacrosse.

Virginia is 2-3 with losses to BC, Maryland and Princeton.

I think that is the point. They have 3 losses, all to Top 10 Teams. There could be a team with a 5 - 0 record that is nowhere near the caliber of team that Virginia is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Circle play doesn’t count? Obviously you have an issue.

No issues, I’m a fan of CN. Yesterday she was horrible on the draw and I was surprised she was left in. Was literally smoked almost every time. Anyone else would have been pulled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Notre Dame is in a much more difficult spot, I could see them easing the schedule in the future. Notre Dame will have to win 4 of their toss up games or upset Syracuse, UNC and/or BC. I do not see them making the NCAAs this season.

PROJECTED LOSSES
Michigan (L)
Vanderbilt (L)
Northwestern (L)
Syracuse
UNC
BC

PROJECTED WINS
Central Michigan (W)
Pitt
Louisville
Marquette

TOSS UPS
Jacksonville
Duke
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Yale
Duke
Notre Dame goes 7-9 this year and misses the NCAA. Coach will be on the hot seat next year. ND has not been to a final 4 since 2006.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There have been a couple of interesting and eye opening posts regarding Virginia and Notre Dame and their chances of being .500. As we all know, a team must be at least .500 in order to be eligible for the NCAA Tournament. Many on here applaud programs/coaches that challenge their teams it is not difficult to see why the coaches at Duke may have changed their Tack. Every coach wants to make the NCAA Tournament but their are a limited number of at large bids to be had and the selection process does not always make sense or reward teams for playing a tough schedule. I watched Notre Dame play Northwestern and Virginia play Boston College to think that either UVA or ND might not get an at large bid is a little crazy, both are very good teams.

The 2019 season illustrates how playing challenging schedule can hurt a teams chances of an at large bid as well as negatively impact perception of the team as well as hurt the team in the polls.

I cringe as I write this but here we go, the can of worms is open again.... Take a look at the tale of two teams from 2019. Duke and you guessed it Stony Brook :-)

Stony Brook was ranked # 5 in preseason, Duke was a preseason # 24.

Stony Brook played 0 regular season games vs Top 5 opponents, Duke competed against 5 Top 5 opponents during the regular season (duke went 0-5).
Stony Brook played 2 regular season games vs Top 10 opponents (0-2), Duke played 8 Top 10 teams (1-7) with a win over #9.
Stony Brook played 5 regular season games vs Top 20 teams (2-3) wins over #17 & #19. Duke played 9 Top 20 opponents during the regular season (1 - 8) lone win #9.

Duke had no losses to teams outside the Top 20, Stony Brook had 1 loss to a team not ranked in the Top 20.

Stony Brook finished the regular season ranked 15th.
Duke finished the regular season ranked 16th.

Stony Brook won the AE and was awarded the AQ to the NCAA Tournament.
Duke did not win the ACC and Duke did not receive an At Large Bid to the Tournament.

Stony Brook won 1 Tournament game.

Stony Brook moved up and finished #12 in the Final poll.
Duke did not play a tournament game and dropped in the Final Poll from # 16 to # 21 (out of the Top 20).

Dukes regular season schedule was significantly more difficult and obviously it hurt the Blue Devils.

Playing a less competitive schedule and racking up wins while players pad stats does appear to help the coach, the program and the players in terms of recognition, ranking, tournament etc...

The following year, 2020...

Stony Brook had a preseason ranking of # 5.
Duke was ranked preseason at # 18.

Draw your own conclusions as to why Duke and possibly other programs that compete in very competitive conferences may look to ease up on their non conference games.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Florida vs Maryland and Notre Dame vs Syracuse should be interest this weekend. Is this a must win game for Notre Dame?
Stanford at Virginia, has to be a must win for UVA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Libery, Liberty, liiiberrrrtyyy .... Great win for the Flames!!
Who will have the next big upset?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There have been a couple of interesting and eye opening posts regarding Virginia and Notre Dame and their chances of being .500. As we all know, a team must be at least .500 in order to be eligible for the NCAA Tournament. Many on here applaud programs/coaches that challenge their teams it is not difficult to see why the coaches at Duke may have changed their Tack. Every coach wants to make the NCAA Tournament but their are a limited number of at large bids to be had and the selection process does not always make sense or reward teams for playing a tough schedule. I watched Notre Dame play Northwestern and Virginia play Boston College to think that either UVA or ND might not get an at large bid is a little crazy, both are very good teams.

The 2019 season illustrates how playing challenging schedule can hurt a teams chances of an at large bid as well as negatively impact perception of the team as well as hurt the team in the polls.

I cringe as I write this but here we go, the can of worms is open again.... Take a look at the tale of two teams from 2019. Duke and you guessed it Stony Brook :-)

Stony Brook played 0 regular season games vs Top 5 opponents, Duke competed against 5 Top 5 opponents during the regular season (duke went 0-5).
Stony Brook played 2 regular season games vs Top 10 opponents (0-2), Duke played 8 Top 10 teams (1-7) with a win over #9.
Stony Brook played 5 regular season games vs Top 20 teams (2-3) wins over #17 & #19. Duke played 9 Top 20 opponents during the regular season (1 - 8) lone win #9.

Duke had no losses to teams outside the Top 20, Stony Brook had 1 loss to a team not ranked in the Top 20.

Duke did not win the ACC and Duke did not receive an At Large Bid to the Tournament.

Duke did not play a tournament game and dropped in the Final Poll from # 16 to # 21 (out of the Top 20).

Dukes regular season schedule was significantly more difficult and obviously it hurt the Blue Devils.

Playing a less competitive schedule and racking up wins while players pad stats does appear to help the coach, the program and the players in terms of recognition, ranking, tournament etc...

Draw your own conclusions as to why Duke and possibly other programs that compete in very competitive conferences may look to ease up on their non conference games.

The one unknown for 2019, would Stony Brook have received an at-large bid if they were not an AQ? As for the rest of it, I am a fan of Duke's opponent every game for this season. They will get enough wins to meet the 500 record requirement, but that does not guarantee them an at large bid. If would be justice from my perspective if they do not register a top 20 win. It is possible they loss to BC, UNC, Syracuse, Penn and Virginia. Appears Virginia Tech and ND both might slip out of the top 20. ND still has a chance to beat them as well. If those scenarios happen, the selection committee should leave Duke out based on their schedule and not having any top 20 wins. Does Duke finally get back to the form they showed in 2015 and beat several top 10 teams in the same season, time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The one unknown for 2019, would Stony Brook have received an at-large bid if they were not an AQ? As for the rest of it, I am a fan of Duke's opponent every game for this season. They will get enough wins to meet the 500 record requirement, but that does not guarantee them an at large bid. If would be justice from my perspective if they do not register a top 20 win. It is possible they loss to BC, UNC, Syracuse, Penn and Virginia. Appears Virginia Tech and ND both might slip out of the top 20. ND still has a chance to beat them as well. If those scenarios happen, the selection committee should leave Duke out based on their schedule and not having any top 20 wins. Does Duke finally get back to the form they showed in 2015 and beat several top 10 teams in the same season, time will tell.

Considering the committee left them hanging with a Top 10 win I am sure that they will be left out with no top 20 wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND is not good. They are always hyped up because they are ND. While Duke maybe good the OOC schedule they play is embarrassing. They also pad the stats of the starting studs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND is not good. They are always hyped up because they are ND. While Duke maybe good the OOC schedule they play is embarrassing. They also pad the stats of the starting studs.

Not true, obvious even ignorant all at the same time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Richmond with a nice win over State.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Richmond with a nice win over State.
Stanford

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland looks like the team to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah, I will still take UNC but will say they do not look nearly as dominant as they did early last season which may be a good thing for them this season. Maryland will get the hype as they do not really play any of the top 5 teams but will run into one of them in the NCAA tournament and like NW last year they will lose in a marginally competitive game. You can all bash ND but they are still a borderline top 10 team . Couple of unrelated observations; I watched the mens UVA vs Cuse lax game and found it interesting in a game that got pretty chippy at times the men's UVA team let the shot clock expire on several of their possessions in the 4th quarter after it was clear the game was over. With some of the talk about these teams running up the scores maybe taking note of the teams that seem to have good sportsmanship is the way to go.
Way to early Tewaaraton watch, sorry to the CN crazies but right now the best attack player player is Tyrel(cuse) ,the best middy is Mastrianni(unc), the best defender is Trenchard9UNC) and no idea about goalie .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah, I will still take UNC but will say they do not look nearly as dominant as they did early last season which may be a good thing for them this season. Maryland will get the hype as they do not really play any of the top 5 teams but will run into one of them in the NCAA tournament and like NW last year they will lose in a marginally competitive game. You can all bash ND but they are still a borderline top 10 team . Couple of unrelated observations; I watched the mens UVA vs Cuse lax game and found it interesting in a game that got pretty chippy at times the men's UVA team let the shot clock expire on several of their possessions in the 4th quarter after it was clear the game was over. With some of the talk about these teams running up the scores maybe taking note of the teams that seem to have good sportsmanship is the way to go.
Way to early Tewaaraton watch, sorry to the CN crazies but right now the best attack player player is Tyrel(cuse) ,the best middy is Mastrianni(unc), the best defender is Trenchard9UNC) and no idea about goalie .

Syracuse not Top 5, Stony Brook Not Top 5... Long Season we will see who finishes the year Top 5, 10, 15, 20. Final Four unless seeding has them play before the final four Maryland, UNC, BC and ???

Virginia and ND both probably a little higher than their ranking. Not sure Duke is Top 10. Loyola did not look very good vs Towson who is struggling. Is Michigan for real? Maybe. Northwestern will be in the mix come Tournament time. Transfers making an impact for MD, Terp's look very good. Princeton looks like the only Ivy that came back ready to play, maybe Penn will pick it up after close loss to Hopkins, two years is a long time off. Denver quietly looking to crack the Top 10. Can Florida turn it around vs Stony Brook this week? That game should be telling, is it a must will for Stony Brook? They do not have many other opportunities to get quality wins. Can Rutgers, Drexel, Vandi, Richmond, USC and Jacksonville hang around all year?

Crazy to think that UVA and ND could possibly not make the Tournament.

What is the deal this year with the NCAA tournament?

How many AQ's and how many at large bids for 2022?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse not Top 5, Stony Brook Not Top 5... Long Season we will see who finishes the year Top 5, 10, 15, 20. Final Four unless seeding has them play before the final four Maryland, UNC, BC and ???

Virginia and ND both probably a little higher than their ranking. Not sure Duke is Top 10. Loyola did not look very good vs Towson who is struggling. Is Michigan for real? Maybe. Northwestern will be in the mix come Tournament time. Transfers making an impact for MD, Terp's look very good. Princeton looks like the only Ivy that came back ready to play, maybe Penn will pick it up after close loss to Hopkins, two years is a long time off. Denver quietly looking to crack the Top 10. Can Florida turn it around vs Stony Brook this week? That game should be telling, is it a must will for Stony Brook? They do not have many other opportunities to get quality wins. Can Rutgers, Drexel, Vandi, Richmond, USC and Jacksonville hang around all year?

Crazy to think that UVA and ND could possibly not make the Tournament.

What is the deal this year with the NCAA tournament?

How many AQ's and how many at large bids for 2022?

Also if anyone knows what is the minimum win percentage a team needs to be considered for an at large bid , is it .500 or over .500.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick checks to the body and clawing with checks towards the body is out of control in womens lacrosse. Just remove the rule check towards the body as a rule Us lacrosse so I no one has to worry about . Also so it can be done on both ends of the field. Offense, defense , rides etc…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND doesn’t deserve to make tournament. Shocked that people still think they are a top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse at Northwestern today 4:00pm should be a good game. Northwestern 17 - 14.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND doesn’t deserve to make tournament. Shocked that people still think they are a top team.

Such an ignorant statement, why would you say that? They have played 5 games. What teams do you believe are stronger than Notre Dame that are not ranked?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

26 teams make the tournament only way ND doesn’t make it is if they are under 500 IMO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

26 teams make the tournament only way ND doesn’t make it is if they are under 500 IMO

Where did you get “26 Teams make the Tournament”?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Bracket. 26 Teams:
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/lacrosse-women/d1/2019

2021 Bracket 29 Teams (if my counting is correct) - Not sure if the extra teams were due to Covid or not:
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/lacrosse-women/d1/2021

I'd guess 2022 will have a minimum of 26 teams, but don't know for a fact.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Women’s Division I Poll 2-28-2022

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 Boston College (5 - 0) 600 (24) 1
2 North Carolina (5 - 0) 572 2
3 Syracuse (4 - 0) 552 3
4 Maryland (3 - 0) 511 5
5 Stony Brook (1 - 1) 506 4
6 Northwestern (3 - 1) 478 6
7 Duke (5 - 0) 422 8
8 Michigan (5 - 0) 420 10
9 Loyola (2 - 0) 393 9
10 Princeton (2 - 0) 392 11
11 Florida (1 - 2) 354 7
12 Denver (4 - 0) 352 12
13 Virginia (3 - 3) 305 13
14 Rutgers (4 - 0) 284 14
15 Drexel (3 - 0) 237 15
16 Notre Dame (1 - 4) 174 17
16 Vanderbilt (3 - 0) 174 22
18 Temple (3 - 1) 160 20
19 USC (3 - 0) 139 23
20 Johns Hopkins (2 - 1) 138 24
21 James Madison (2 - 2) 131 18
22 Jacksonville (2 - 2) 121 21
23 Richmond (4 - 0) 90 NR
24 Penn (1 - 1) 84 19
25 Stanford (1 - 4) 55 16
RV Colorado, UConn, UMass, Penn State, Arizona State

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Bracket. 26 Teams:
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/lacrosse-women/d1/2019

2021 Bracket 29 Teams (if my counting is correct) - Not sure if the extra teams were due to Covid or not:
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/lacrosse-women/d1/2021

I'd guess 2022 will have a minimum of 26 teams, but don't know for a fact.

Agree, minimum of 26 but very difficult to find updated info... The NCAA website only has info on the 2021 Tournament. With new programs being added every year and new conferences being formed and teams moving conferences it's tough to know how The 2022 Tournament will be run.

How many teams?
How many Automatic Bids?
How many at large bids?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Women’s Division II Poll 2-28-2022

1 Lindenwood (4 - 0) 619 (20) 1
2 UIndy (2 - 0) 594 (3) 2
3 Queens (4 - 0) 581 (2) 3
4 Le Moyne (0 - 0) 555 4
5 West Chester (1 - 0) 494 6
6 East Stroudsburg (0 - 0) 460 5
6 Florida Southern (1 - 1) 460 7
8 Rollins (3 - 0) 439 8
9 Adelphi (1 - 0) 381 11
10 Grand Valley State (2 - 0) 380 14
11 Roberts Wesleyan (1 - 0) 360 10
12 Regis (CO) (2 - 0) 357 9
13 Tampa (1 - 1) 322 11
14 Mercy (1 - 0) 279 15
15 Bentley (0 - 0) 246 16
16 Limestone (3 - 2) 217 13
17 Seton Hill (1 - 0) 208 18
18 Pace (1 - 0) 204 19
19 Mount Olive (2 - 1) 152 17
20 New Haven (0 - 0) 123 22
20 Saint Anselm (0 - 0) 123 21
22 Saint Leo (1 - 3) 114 23
23 Assumption (0 - 1) 98 20
24 Embry-Riddle (3 - 0) 90 NR
25 Davenport (2 - 0) 56 25
RV Lander, Colorado Mesa, Concordia-St. Paul, Mercyhurst, Wingate

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Women’s Division III Poll 2-28-2022

1 Salisbury (3 - 0) 650 (26) 1
2 Tufts (0 - 0) 602 2
3 Washington and Lee (2 - 1) 572 5
4 St. John Fisher (0 - 0) 555 3
5 Ithaca (0 - 0) 522 4
6 Franklin & Marshall (1 - 1) 509 7
7 Gettysburg (3 - 0) 498 9
8 William Smith (1 - 0) 473 6
9 Middlebury (0 - 0) 431 11
10 TCNJ (0 - 0) 421 10
11 Messiah (2 - 1) 399 8
12 Cortland (0 - 0) 341 13
13 Denison (1 - 1) 334 12
14 Catholic (1 - 1) 312 14
15 Colby (0 - 0) 289 15
16 Brockport (0 - 0) 248 16
17 Wesleyan (CT) (0 - 0) 246 17
18 York (0 - 0) 225 18
19 Amherst (0 - 0) 183 19
20 Bowdoin (0 - 0) 147 21
21 Trinity (0 - 0) 129 20
22 Geneseo (0 - 0) 98 22
23 Christopher Newport (2 - 0) 81 24
24 Hamilton (0 - 0) 72 23
25 Chicago (1 - 0) 50 25
RV Williams, Haverford, Washington College, Rhodes, Mary Washington

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Women’s Division I Poll 2-28-2022

1 Boston College (5 - 0) 600 (24) 1
2 North Carolina (5 - 0) 572 2
3 Syracuse (4 - 0) 552 3
4 Maryland (3 - 0) 511 5
5 Stony Brook (1 - 1) 506 4
6 Northwestern (3 - 1) 478 6
7 Duke (5 - 0) 422 8
8 Michigan (5 - 0) 420 10
9 Loyola (2 - 0) 393 9
10 Princeton (2 - 0) 392 11
11 Florida (1 - 2) 354 7
12 Denver (4 - 0) 352 12
13 Virginia (3 - 3) 305 13
14 Rutgers (4 - 0) 284 14
15 Drexel (3 - 0) 237 15
16 Notre Dame (1 - 4) 174 17
16 Vanderbilt (3 - 0) 174 22
18 Temple (3 - 1) 160 20
19 USC (3 - 0) 139 23
20 Johns Hopkins (2 - 1) 138 24
21 James Madison (2 - 2) 131 18
22 Jacksonville (2 - 2) 121 21
23 Richmond (4 - 0) 90 NR
24 Penn (1 - 1) 84 19
25 Stanford (1 - 4) 55 16
RV Colorado, UConn, UMass, Penn State, Arizona State

Maryland has looked stronger than BC, North Carolina and Syracuse.
Stony Brook has not earned a top 5 ranking.
We will find out tonight how Northwestern and Syracuse stack up.
Duke has no business being Top 10 at this point.
Michigan could be a little higher.
Not sure Loyola is Top 10.
Princeton like Michigan could be higher.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division I 2-22-2022

Offensive Player of the Week

Megan Carney – Syracuse University

Carney led the Orange with seven points in a 12-11 win against No. 4 Stony Brook. After the Seawolves took a 9-8 lead in the third quarter, Carney scored a goal and then assisted on another to spark a 4-0 Syracuse scoring run that gave the Orange the lead for good. The senior attacker also added two ground balls to the winning effort. Syracuse was ranked third in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll this week.

Defensive Player of the Week

Sam Fish – Princeton University

Fish made 15 saves, one off her career high, in Princeton's 17-11 win at No. 10 Virginia to open the 2022 season in Princeton's first game since March of 2020. The senior goalkeeper made four saves in each of the first three quarters and stopped three shots in the fourth. Fish was also 3-for-5 in stopping free position attempts from the Cavaliers and added a ground ball to help the Tigers jump to No. 11 in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll this week.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division II 2-22-2022

Molly Bursinger – Grand Valley State University

Bursinger helped lead the No. 14 Lakers to two wins this week over No. 23 Saint Leo and No. 11 Tampa. GVSU defeated St. Leo 18-11 on Thursday and defeated Tampa 16-5 on Sunday. Bursinger finished the week with eight goals, and one assist, for a total of nine points this week. The junior midfielder connected on 8 of 10 shots, shooting a stellar 80% against the two ranked opponents. Bursinger also won 23 draw controls, picked up four ground balls, and forced two turnovers this week.

Payton Romig – University of Indianapolis

Romig led the Greyhounds to a 2-0 week, earning wins over McKendree and Frostburg State. The graduate student midfielder grabbed 26 draw controls last week, becoming the NCAA career leader in the category, and added four ground balls, two caused turnovers, two goals and an assist to her stat line. UIndy was ranked second in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Preseason Poll.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division III 2-22-2022

Hanna Bishop – Washington and Lee University

Bishop totaled three goals and one assist to lead W&L to a 10-9 victory over seventh-ranked Franklin & Marshall on Saturday. The sophomore attacker added a ground ball and two caused turnovers for the Generals, who were ranked No. 5 in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Preseason Poll.

Allie Doyle – Washington and Lee University

Doyle, a sophomore defender, totaled three caused turnovers and three ground balls in a 10-9 victory at seventh-ranked Franklin & Marshall on Saturday. She caused a turnover and picked up the ground ball with 50 seconds left in the fourth quarter, which led to fifth-ranked W&L's game-winning goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, minimum of 26 but very difficult to find updated info... The NCAA website only has info on the 2021 Tournament. With new programs being added every year and new conferences being formed and teams moving conferences it's tough to know how The 2022 Tournament will be run.

How many teams?
How many Automatic Bids?
How many at large bids?

Ok, I was able to dig this up.
2022 NCAA Women's D1 Tournament you can search it online.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Links to events are not permitted, Contact Us to help in advertising your event
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cuse NU game did not disappoint. BUT the one defender on Cuse has to stop crying every two minutes. How embarrassing. She’s going to be a meme soon! Grow up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse at Northwestern today 4:00pm should be a good game. Northwestern 17 - 14.

Pretty close :-).

Good game, didn’t think officiating was great. Very surprised that Northwestern didn’t call time out during 6-0 run in the 3rd. NU sloppy on offense.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard