BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 59 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 58 59
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another money grab, only this one is right before the season. Nice.

So, if this is a "money grab" what are all of the other tournaments throughout the year? All of these tournaments are in it for the money, which is fine. They have bills to pay like the rest of us.

There have always been late winter tournaments that happen right before Spring season. Hogan's Spring Thaw, The March Kickoff Invitational, Spring Madness. Lots of teams want to get a couple games in before HoCo starts. I don't see what your issue is.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not a team event. That’s the difference. Totally different format.

Our sport is so lost. BS national teams and “me” moments teaching kids that it’s all about them.

Keep on turning a blind eye, I’m sure your one of those guys dropping thousands a year on making sure little Johnny feels like he’s the best of the best Becuase he made some special team too.

Good talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our sport is so lost. BS national teams and “me” moments teaching kids that it’s all about them.

Keep on turning a blind eye, I’m sure your one of those guys dropping thousands a year on making sure little Johnny feels like he’s the best of the best Becuase he made some special team too.

Good talk.

Wow Dude, seems like you got some issues you need to work on. I didn't attack you personally, I just was just genuinely curious what your problems with the tournament were. Yet you think you have to attack me for some strange reason. Neither of my boys played at the last one, but I know people that did and they all had decent things to say about it.

You do raise a valid point that this format is not a pure "team event". Based on what i heard it was mostly paired down club teams, with a few groups of friends that decided to put a team together on their own. I can see your point, it's not the same as the other tournaments that I mentioned. But, my view is that any time the boys can get on the field or floor, compete and have some fun is good day for lacrosse.

That said, I'm gonna guess you have some personal issue with the event organizer and/or you are one of those guys that peaked in High School and is now old and bitter because things aren't like the "good old days".

Or maybe you are one of those Box purists that cries like a baby if, God forbid, some other format that kinda looks like Box, pops up. For the record both of my Son's have been playing on box teams for years. They love it and have become better field players because of it.

And nope, they don't play on any special teams. They play for one outdoor club team year round, a box club in the winter and maybe attend one camp in the summer. Nice try though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well thats fair. My reaction is one that comes from
Seeing our sport go down the tubes. A non team event (distraction) right before the season is absolutely a money grab. Most of the time it’s some parent who grabs who they think is the best of the best (often creating drama) to go play in this is the last thing a team needs. Pair that with the reality that they just did one at the end of the fall and it’s clearly a money maker. Reading your response it felt you wanted to defend it, but maybe ugh just wanted to understand it.

Good for you if your bucking the select/national stuff. It’s diluting our sport with kids who think they are actually special but really they are just the first kid to say yes who’s parents are willing to drop major money for you to feel like your on the best team. Their is no loyalty on those teams, they aren’t the same event to event. But they still get ranked.

Parents are the problem. Someone tells them little Johnny is special and bam, here’s 4K. Whatever. It’s is what it is. Sucker parents everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree on National tournaments…massive expense…little outcome. However, you simply can’t put Elite6 in the same category. Not a money grab at all. The cost per player is less than most 1 hour clinics led by a PLL player running tired drills who spends more time on autographs. My kid played Elite6 and loved it. He got more reps in 3 hours than he does in most traditional tournaments. General consensus from everyone I spoke with was just that. It’s not about making sure Johnny feels special, I simply saw high level Lacrosse being played at a pace you rarely see. In my view, that is not a money grab or a bad thing if we want our kids to develop.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good talk.

You will get nowhere with that talk to many. Most of the quarter zip crowd will defend these type of events until around 8/9th/10 grade, depending on how brainwashed they are by Clubs and events.. Then its, why did I do all these ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good talk.

You will get nowhere with that talk to many. Most of the quarter zip crowd will defend these type of events until around 8/9th/10 grade, depending on how brainwashed they are by Clubs and events.. Then its, why did I do all these ...

Well #1 pretty much all youth sports (beyond rec) is a money grab. People get mad at True Inc. monetizing everything (and I'm not a fan), but we all know it's just transparent in terms of what they are doing. Pay more money for more opportunities. Most clubs/teams/events are too shy to say it.

#2 All the extra events do serve a purpose, especially for the large group of players with natural talent and no discipline who (more or less) refuse to work out independently from 4th-8th grade. How much wall ball or shooting did your son get in, in January when it was 11 degrees outside? It gets them on the field, gets them reps, and Dad pays for it. Making it no different than the rest of club lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seeing our sport go down the tubes. A non team event (distraction) right before the season is absolutely a money grab. Most of the time it’s some parent who grabs who they think is the best of the best (often creating drama) to go play in this is the last thing a team needs. Pair that with the reality that they just did one at the end of the fall and it’s clearly a money maker. Reading your response it felt you wanted to defend it, but maybe ugh just wanted to understand it.

Good for you if your bucking the select/national stuff. It’s diluting our sport with kids who think they are actually special but really they are just the first kid to say yes who’s parents are willing to drop major money for you to feel like your on the best team. Their is no loyalty on those teams, they aren’t the same event to event. But they still get ranked.

Parents are the problem. Someone tells them little Johnny is special and bam, here’s 4K. Whatever. It’s is what it is. Sucker parents everywhere.

Sorry your son got cut from Nationals.

What's crazy talk is thinking that the MD club lacrosse scene is somehow really doing favors for young athletes. Or that it's not a money grab. Or that HoCo is the most important thing ever.

Nobody at 9th grade tryouts will ask how your son did in HoCo the previous year or the previous five years. HoCo is lots of fun but it is a manufactured priority for youth lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First if all. It’s hilarious that you even think Nationals makes cuts. They are the biggest money grab of them all. Rarely the same roster. Poaches kids from tourneys they are actively playing in during the event. Let’s kids play in events even though they aren’t full paying team members…but swears it’s only a one time thing. But then those same kids do it three more times. All the while, y’all stunands are paying 4K to be told your kid is on the best team in the country, but they only ever play in crappy NXT events. Gimme a break.

Your right about hoco though. I’ll give you that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son got cut from Nationals.

What's crazy talk is thinking that the MD club lacrosse scene is somehow really doing favors for young athletes. Or that it's not a money grab. Or that HoCo is the most important thing ever.

Nobody at 9th grade tryouts will ask how your son did in HoCo the previous year or the previous five years. HoCo is lots of fun but it is a manufactured priority for youth lax.

Although you make some valid points, you’re off the mark with respect to the HOCO league. The team costs are reasonable and there is no other youth league in the US with number and quality of club lacrosse teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s definitely not a money grab. It did destroy rec in many parts of the state. Which makes it harder and harder for less fortunate kids to pick up a stick. In New York they don’t have a “club season” so rec is still really strong. Then they all go okay for their summer travel team. That would be a better situation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone playing in the Elite6 tournament on February 26th at Blandair Park in Columbia?

Did this thing get canceled? 2 days out and no schedule posted....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good talk.

National teams are good for kids to meet other kids from different states that maybe they will meet in college down the line or just become friends with through social media. It can also allow for kids to travel and play in different states. If the parents want to spend money for that so be it. No need to garbage on Kids for wanting to play on these teams or the parents for being able to pay for them to play on them. And not all kids are invited to play on national teams, they do not accept every kid trust me.
Apex that the PLL is associated with is similar to national teams. Just a fun time to play with and against different kids. Lighten up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not canceled. Poster on 2028 board mentioned a handful of teams competing at that age group, including Hawks, FCA, Next Level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good talk.

National teams are good for kids to meet other kids from different states that maybe they will meet in college down the line or just become friends with through social media. It can also allow for kids to travel and play in different states. If the parents want to spend money for that so be it. No need to garbage on Kids for wanting to play on these teams or the parents for being able to pay for them to play on them. And not all kids are invited to play on national teams, they do not accept every kid trust me.
Apex that the PLL is associated with is similar to national teams. Just a fun time to play with and against different kids. Lighten up.

Thanks Director and friends. Who is saying anything about kids? It is about money and parents who are gullible to every National Team wind that blows by

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good talk.

Thanks Director and friends. Who is saying anything about kids? It is about money and parents who are gullible to every National Team wind that blows by

It's ridiculous to think that these teams have zero value for the kids. Now........are they cost effective compared to something else you could be doing for your kid (paid tutor, speed training, second club sport, etc)? That is an actual debate.

And if you don't have the money for any of those things, or you think investing in your kid beyond "living in a good school district" is just "gullible," I guess there you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not enough 2029 teams in the sixes event this weekend.......our team got a call last night offering a free slot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On another note. I’m hearing the crabs mustered up a 2029 team. Anyone know if that is true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake News.....heard that's not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On another note. I’m hearing the crabs mustered up a 2029 team. Anyone know if that is true?

Yes, it's made up of the players kids on the Crabs 24, 25, 26 teams, some proud dads on those teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! Crabs are def the team who would pull that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it's made up of the players kids on the Crabs 24, 25, 26 teams, some proud dads on those teams.

Did your older son get cut from Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the Crabs 2029 team is actually the Cavs 2029 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s at spring thaw this weekend? Looks like some interesting matchups

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs def fielding a team at thaw. Just saw them on the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accurate. Crabs merged with cavalier? To form a 2029 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accurate. Crabs merged with cavalier? To form a 2029 team?

Crabs *purchased* Cav Lax Club.

As a reminder, Crabs also owns VLC.

If I were King Krab and I was faced with having to assemble a "Maryland team" for some events or one season, this is exactly how I'd pull that off. Very important for maintaining the brand prior to tryouts in 4 months.

Before anybody balks at this, Baltimore 2028-29 last year had 5-7 kids (best players on the team) from the not yet created True VA team. And several teams in HoCo last year in the 2026-2028 age groups had kids playing from NC, TX, WV, northern PA and others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your post doesn’t make any sense. The last part. About balking.

What are you trying to say? That last years 28/29 team (there was no crabs combo team, and if anything it was a 27/28 team given they had several kids come down from the 27’s last year.).

And are you saying that the best players went to true Virginia? Re read your post and then re write it if you don’t mind. It’s hard to follow. But now we want to know what the heck your taking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When your team folds because of poor coaching, poor culture, and because everyone sees that you won't represent actual players in your community in the long run and only bring in National players.........you just buy another program 80 miles away and tank that one as well. Right?? Feel bad for all the families / players of Cavalier who got hood winked by James Cramp.

Crabs Lacrosse Expands Network via Partnership with Cavalier Lacrosse Club

Top lacrosse clubs in Northern Virginia to join forces

Baltimore Lacrosse Club (Crabs) is pleased to announce a new partnership with the Boys division of the Cavalier Lacrosse Club. This partnership joins two of the top clubs in Virginia together under the Virginia Lacrosse Club (VLC) name. The addition of the Cavalier Lacrosse Club to Crabs’ nationwide network of affiliates continues to expand the Baltimore powerhouse’s national reach, tapping into one of the top providers of youth lacrosse in Virginia. The Cavalier Girls division remains intact and is not included in this deal.

Cavalier Lacrosse, led by boys’ lacrosse director James Cramp, has a footprint that extends throughout Northern Virginia, into West Virginia and the suburbs of the District of Columbia. Cavalier Lacrosse athletes will have access to the Crabs nationally recognized programming for development and exposure via elite travel team participation and attendance at the most prestigious tournaments and showcases throughout the USA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts?? HOCO

2029 Elite 2029 AAA 2029 AA 2029 A
Madlax Capital Wolfpack Koopers Zingos
Team 91 Baltimore Swarm Madlax DMV Rockfish
Next Level FCA Team Maryland ALC Bay Raiders
VLC See HoCo Predators VLC Poon
Bethesda Blue Carroll Manor Sidewinders True Baltimore
Annapolis Hawks Cannons Select HLC Ville
True Annapolis VLC Laytonsville Hippos

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LTLC TRUE KP

***Cut off LTCL and TRUE KP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LTLC TRUE KP

***Cut off LTCL and TRUE KP

Quoting to try to make readable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your post doesn’t make any sense. The last part. About balking.

What are you trying to say? That last years 28/29 team (there was no crabs combo team, and if anything it was a 27/28 team given they had several kids come down from the 27’s last year.).

And are you saying that the best players went to true Virginia? Re read your post and then re write it if you don’t mind. It’s hard to follow. But now we want to know what the heck your taking about.

My bad....typo. "True Baltimore" not "Baltimore."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha! Crabs. Epic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First week matchups?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from the weekend:
Madlax over Next Level (12-8)
Bethesda over Team 91 (13-5)
VLC Crabs over True Annapolis (8-7)
Hawks over LTLC (8-4)
FCA over VLC (13-0)
HOCO over Wolfpack (3-2)
True KP over Team Money (13-2)
Team Maryland over Carroll Manor (13-8)

Any surprises? LTLC played Hawks pretty close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite has all good teams. LTLC is a sleeper, but may struggle being new. Went from AA to Elite in one year. 24-1 last season losing to a AAA team in the championship of the last game. All true 2029's. Other teams have many hold old back players. Don't really get the philosophy on that but I don't make the rules. It will be a good test for all teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams have many holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A