BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
High School lacrosse is gone no top college coach is contacting your HS coach they are going all to travel coach that is just the way it is and that is not going to change

Correct!

Says the guy with zero experience in the matter.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High School lacrosse is gone no top college coach is contacting your HS coach they are going all to travel coach that is just the way it is and that is not going to change

Correct!

Says the guy with zero experience in the matter.

Three kids who all played D1. Stick that in your pipe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct!

Both your HS teams are terrible. That’s why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what do these 3 D1 players do now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why ask questions?
You know answers will be not true.
Let me guess. One runs a Fortune 500 company. One is the best neurosurgeon in NY city. One is the top investment banker on Wall Street. Not only were they the greatest lax players. They make boat loads of money. They have supermodel wives too. Lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They work at Walmart,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two on Wall Street and one started her own company.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Real Difference between Lax Divisions: https://youtu.be/5XPHOhoTYtM

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Kindly indicate what the link is about/for.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son chose to play club, MCLA. The talent level is as good as any D1 program outside of the top 25. He's playing with great fiends, great social life and and getting a degree at a name recognized university. Don't sleep on club ball. If you love the game and want to play there's always a way. Don't sacrifice your college experience just to say you play lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son chose to play club, MCLA. The talent level is as good as any D1 program outside of the top 25. He's playing with great fiends, great social life and and getting a degree at a name recognized university. Don't sleep on club ball. If you love the game and want to play there's always a way. Don't sacrifice your college experience just to say you play lacrosse.

No that's not even remotely true. Club lacrosse isn't even on the level of low D-3. But if saying it makes you feel better keep at it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the point of the above banter? Club is ok to keepo a stick in your hand but it isnt the mecca of lax. And Neither is D-3 You guys need to take a drink from the Reality Faucet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No that's not even remotely true. Club lacrosse isn't even on the level of low D-3. But if saying it makes you feel better keep at it.
Laughable. Ask a prospective employer if they rather a degree from a kid playing club at Stanford, Georgia, Virginia Tech or an obscure D3 school they couldn't even locate on the map. Better yet stay at Suffolk CC and see how that works out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laughable. Ask a prospective employer if they rather a degree from a kid playing club at Stanford, Georgia, Virginia Tech or an obscure D3 school they couldn't even locate on the map. Better yet stay at Suffolk CC and see how that works out.

Schools like Texas have lacrosse only facilities and mini stadiums to watch the games. They have a paid coach and often fly. Arizona also plays like a big time school does, and players are recruited. Its the real deal. probably not top 25, but they could run with the bottom 50.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Running lax clinics at center island sports in Ronkonkoma. 😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My nephew plays club for Florida State. New locker room, new turf field, travel expenses picked up by the schools booster club. Doesn’t have any added pressure of maintaining any type of scholarship. 6 boys from last years program transferred to D1 schools to play. Not a bad option for some.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My nephew plays club for Florida State. New locker room, new turf field, travel expenses picked up by the schools booster club. Doesn’t have any added pressure of maintaining any type of scholarship. 6 boys from last years program transferred to D1 schools to play. Not a bad option for some.

It's a great option for kids who could get into these schools without the lacrosse. Clubs very rarely have any influence over admissions process, whereas the NCAA programs get kids through. As scholarship money has become negligible, club ball is an amazing way to experience college lacrosse. Especially if academics leads your kid to a good school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schools like Texas have lacrosse only facilities and mini stadiums to watch the games. They have a paid coach and often fly. Arizona also plays like a big time school does, and players are recruited. Its the real deal. probably not top 25, but they could run with the bottom 50.

No, they could not. They couldn't run with the bottom 10 D-3 programs. They are all over YouTube. Take a look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your son should pick the school that he thinks he can play at, not the schools that pick him for lacrosse. And in about 16 months this class will realize that D1 spots are very hard to come by. The combination of recruiting is growing in each region and 5th year seniors. I think 3 kids from LI were in Ty Xanders top 50 for the class of 2023. I think LI has the most kids playing, but the top players are spread out across the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your son should pick the school that he thinks he can play at, not the schools that pick him for lacrosse. And in about 16 months this class will realize that D1 spots are very hard to come by. The combination of recruiting is growing in each region and 5th year seniors. I think 3 kids from LI were in Ty Xanders top 50 for the class of 2023. I think LI has the most kids playing, but the top players are spread out across the country.

All wrong. Should pick the school that will help him get a job after college, unless goal is to be a PLL player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son has good grades, make sure he goes to a good school. Even if that means not playing anymore at all. Don't send your kid to some obscure D2 or D3 school just to play lacrosse. It's not worth it, get a good education and set yourself up for a good career. Don't put yourself behind the 8 ball for the rest of your life just so you can say you played a sport in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t 8 ball a game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All wrong. Should pick the school that will help him get a job after college, unless goal is to be a PLL player.

Obviously a newbie. I said pick the school, it’s implicit that it’s school that will provide the best opportunity for a future, plus one he can play at

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son has good grades, make sure he goes to a good school. Even if that means not playing anymore at all. Don't send your kid to some obscure D2 or D3 school just to play lacrosse. It's not worth it, get a good education and set yourself up for a good career. Don't put yourself behind the 8 ball for the rest of your life just so you can say you played a sport in college.
100% agree. The name of the institution on that diploma is way more important than saying you played lacrosse at a school nobody ever heard of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% agree. The name of the institution on that diploma is way more important than saying you played lacrosse at a school nobody ever heard of.

You can do both. The problem is expectations about where somebody wants to play vs where they can are two different things. 3 of the top 50 ranked players are from LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of which the kids pay for. It’s not free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm, Tufts, Bowdoin, Denison etc. Specifically you remarked about quality of lacrosse. MCLA isn’t on par.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good club teams are head and shoulders above low-level D3. heck, good high school programs would wipe the floor with low- and even some mid-level D3 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good club teams are head and shoulders above low-level D3. heck, good high school programs would wipe the floor with low- and even some mid-level D3 teams.

Keep telling yourself what you need to hear. Tell all your buddies how your kids club team is actually D-1. Whatever makes you feel better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep telling yourself what you need to hear. Tell all your buddies how your kids club team is actually D-1. Whatever makes you feel better.

My kids haven't even started playing youth lacrosse yet, much less college.

For bona fides, I grew up on Long Island and have been involved in lacrosse at all levels for most of my life. I wasn't the best player in the world, but I went to one of the historically strong high schools and ended up a four-year starter at a D1 school. I also spent a couple years as a volunteer assistant for a low-to-mid-level D3 program, one that was still good enough to make the NCAA tournament a few times in the relatively recent past.

My high school alma mater (or any "good" team -- Chaminade, St. Anthony's, the best LI publics in a given year, etc.) would beat said D3 team by 15+ goals. It wouldn't even be close. Have you ever watched a low-level D3 game? Have you ever watched a top MCLA team play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both of my kid's club teams, boy and girl, would have beaten all of D3 and likely scared some of D1. I am pretty sure my daughter's club team would win 2 of 5 vs her current D1 team. 80% of both of their club teams are playing mid to high level D1 and contributing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kids haven't even started playing youth lacrosse yet, much less college.

For bona fides, I grew up on Long Island and have been involved in lacrosse at all levels for most of my life. I wasn't the best player in the world, but I went to one of the historically strong high schools and ended up a four-year starter at a D1 school. I also spent a couple years as a volunteer assistant for a low-to-mid-level D3 program, one that was still good enough to make the NCAA tournament a few times in the relatively recent past.

My high school alma mater (or any "good" team -- Chaminade, St. Anthony's, the best LI publics in a given year, etc.) would beat said D3 team by 15+ goals. It wouldn't even be close. Have you ever watched a low-level D3 game? Have you ever watched a top MCLA team play?

Yeah okay, this is as real as the Will Smith slap

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both of my kid's club teams, boy and girl, would have beaten all of D3 and likely scared some of D1. I am pretty sure my daughter's club team would win 2 of 5 vs her current D1 team. 80% of both of their club teams are playing mid to high level D1 and contributing.

Good for your kids, but that isn't the club lacrosse they're talking about..... There is "Club Ball" in college, which is to say non-NCAA intercollegiate competition. Many schools offer club sports in addition to NCAA athletics.

Club lacrosse is an excellent way for someone who enjoys playing to keep playing beyond HS..... especially if they haven't been heavily recruited or don't want the daily commitment of an NCAA sport. There have been instances where "club" athletes have taken a step and made the NCAA team at their college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for your kids, but that isn't the club lacrosse they're talking about..... There is "Club Ball" in college, which is to say non-NCAA intercollegiate competition. Many schools offer club sports in addition to NCAA athletics.

Club lacrosse is an excellent way for someone who enjoys playing to keep playing beyond HS..... especially if they haven't been heavily recruited or don't want the daily commitment of an NCAA sport. There have been instances where "club" athletes have taken a step and made the NCAA team at their college.

This isn't exactly the club lacrosse we're talking about here either. A poster on the previous page of this thread stated that top MCLA teams (think Brigham Young) "couldn't run with the bottom 10 D-3 programs," which anyone familiar with D3 lacrosse would know is completely incorrect.

High-end MCLA teams are much more akin to your typical varsity programs than they are to the type of club teams to which you're referring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club, D1, D2, D3 all have huge disparities from the best to the worst. The worst D1 team will get beaten badly by the best D2, D3 and MCLA club team. The worst D3 and club teams would get trounced by the best HS programs. My point is don’t focus on the division as much as which school is the best academic, regional, and social fit first then try to find a program which you think you can get playing time for. That is my advice. As a former HS coach I’ve seen many of my players in college quit, get cut, or ride the bench for 4 years because they were too concerned about the division they wanted to play for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club, D1, D2, D3 all have huge disparities from the best to the worst. The worst D1 team will get beaten badly by the best D2, D3 and MCLA club team. The worst D3 and club teams would get trounced by the best HS programs. My point is don’t focus on the division as much as which school is the best academic, regional, and social fit first then try to find a program which you think you can get playing time for. That is my advice. As a former HS coach I’ve seen many of my players in college quit, get cut, or ride the bench for 4 years because they were too concerned about the division they wanted to play for.

Focus solely on the best academic school you would never get into without lacrosse. As soon as you get there care less about lacrosse and focus solely on internships which will get you the best paying job when you graduate. Lacrosse stats don't pay rent in NYC and your future boss and girlfriend won't care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Focus solely on the best academic school you would never get into without lacrosse. As soon as you get there care less about lacrosse and focus solely on internships which will get you the best paying job when you graduate. Lacrosse stats don't pay rent in NYC and your future boss and girlfriend won't care.

I mostly agree with the above posts. Academics first, social environment second, lacrosse third.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 lax is 3 to 4 hours a day. It’s a job. Some rosters have 50 kids. All really good players. 30 of those players may not step on the field. For those 20 great. Good luck. For those 30, the question might be, is club better. Club might be 6,7 hours a week. Club is having fun. Club gives you more time to study. Obviously the main objective is to graduate and get a good job. Right? Club gives more free hours to enjoy other parts of college life. Going out, fraternities, parties etc. Club lax to me seems fantastic. My kids will make their own decisions. If this is what they choose I would be very happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WORST CHAIN EVER NOONE CARES. Is any club team practicing regularly now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI - Michigan was a MCLA club team until 2012.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WORST CHAIN EVER NOONE CARES. Is any club team practicing regularly now?
If no one cares why do you ask? To answer your question, yes.
My sons team in top MCLA D-1 conference out west, practices usually 5 days per 2 hours a day unless they have game. 15 game schedule, fly or charter bus to away games. There is a conference tournament plus division tournament to crown overall champ.

Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard