BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,228
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 73 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall doesn’t matter too much. Even if you do great in some big fall tournaments, you have to follow that up with a big summer or you’ll be crossed off. Several top recruits from ‘23 didn’t play fall and did just fine

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There seems to be one person spamming this thread with conspiracy theories about clubs directors coaches and directors of showcase constantly. It has to be the same dude doing it. While I wish I had the money a lot of these showcase owners have I never played and just watch my kid and want her to have the best opportunities. From speaking to a lot of other parents on in my town this fall was important. Our town team has kids from the top five clubs on the island and all five said the fall had a bunch of coaches and they expect the same for this summer and fall. I don’t have squat to gain by sharing my experience. I also don’t think posters are arguing that this summer or next fall aren’t important I think the argument is that starting fall 21’ was important for this class. Next fall will be even more important for most kids who aren’t the top recruits in the country: that’s the majority. If you can get into presidents cup rivalry mid atlantic primetime etc in the fall you’re set. Your club just needs to do right by your kids even if the better tournaments are more pricey.

Last comment is that the conspiracy theorist here needs to take a lap . I don’t know who hurt you to make you so mistrusting but most people don’t sit her all day refreshing the page to stir the pot. You also need to recognize that there are kids on here too. My sons friends have admitted to posting on this site. Just sit back relax and stop being so sensitive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There seems to be one person spamming this thread with conspiracy theories about clubs directors coaches and directors of showcase constantly. It has to be the same dude doing it. While I wish I had the money a lot of these showcase owners have I never played and just watch my kid and want her to have the best opportunities. From speaking to a lot of other parents on in my town this fall was important. Our town team has kids from the top five clubs on the island and all five said the fall had a bunch of coaches and they expect the same for this summer and fall. I don’t have squat to gain by sharing my experience. I also don’t think posters are arguing that this summer or next fall aren’t important I think the argument is that starting fall 21’ was important for this class. Next fall will be even more important for most kids who aren’t the top recruits in the country: that’s the majority. If you can get into presidents cup rivalry mid atlantic primetime etc in the fall you’re set. Your club just needs to do right by your kids even if the better tournaments are more pricey.

Last comment is that the conspiracy theorist here needs to take a lap . I don’t know who hurt you to make you so mistrusting but most people don’t sit her all day refreshing the page to stir the pot. You also need to recognize that there are kids on here too. My sons friends have admitted to posting on this site. Just sit back relax and stop being so sensitive

Fall ‘21 means absolutely nothing, unless summer’22 is a strong showing. Focus on what really matters, summer’22. Facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It truthfully seems like whoever is saying that this fall didn’t matter and even that summer may not is either a coach/director whose team doesn’t have a strong schedule OR a manipulative parent looking to give their kid a one up by making it seem like you didn’t have to do work for recruiting this fall.

You are trying waaaaaay too hard to prove that the fall meant something. Why is that?

I posted a single comment about fall on here so I know for a fact there is more than one individual giving the same opinion as mine about this past year. The original poster asked about next fall, and it turned into this past fall as an example of what tournaments were good ones. This page is about giving advice to help others is it not? I would assume that the multiple posters agreeing fall was important are doing so not to prove a point but to help other parents.

Is there a reason you want to attack anyone who says this year was important for 2024 recruiting?

Wow,. I made one comment that you are trying very hard. I haven’t attacked anyone. Seems like you are the one attacking folks for posting their opinion.
Are you the BOTC bully that everyone is talking about?
Maybe a club/coach director or trainer that is trying to cash in on FOMO parents.
“Back off Warchild Seriously!!!”

Love the Point Break reference and agree that somebody is pushing way too hard and needs to get a new hobby. Constantly on here policing what everyone is saying. Last time I checked it was still a free country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all of you feaking out about recruiting...... a 2022 commmitted to Michigan yesterday.

Amazing! It’s a learning experience for all of us. Every time I look recently so many girls getting a chance to get an education and engage in athletics.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall doesn’t matter too much. Even if you do great in some big fall tournaments, you have to follow that up with a big summer or you’ll be crossed off. Several top recruits from ‘23 didn’t play fall and did just fine

Many kids play a fall/winter sport and those kids do fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all of you feaking out about recruiting...... a 2022 commmitted to Michigan yesterday.

Wow January and February has been a very busy month for 2022 and 2023. We love the academic choices for lacrosse women. Still plenty more to come.

We think it’s important to play multiple sports and not put too much pressure on these young ladies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow January and February has been a very busy month for 2022 and 2023. We love the academic choices for lacrosse women. Still plenty more to come.

We think it’s important to play multiple sports and not put too much pressure on these young ladies.

Perfectly stated. THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perfectly stated. THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having fun having a conversation with yourself ?

Please stop giving illegitimate advice that hurts others. My kids a 24 and had a good fall/winter and hopefully a good 2022 year as well. Both years matter for her and her teammates. If you disagree or want to preach otherwise you’re only hurting those who listen to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amazing! It’s a learning experience for all of us. Every time I look recently so many girls getting a chance to get an education and engage in athletics.
We think it’s important to play multiple sports and not put too much pressure on these young ladies.[/quote]

Who are "we" and what is you point?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just some thoughts on recruiting..

College coaches at most schools will take a player right up until the day classes begin... Obviously it has to be the right player.

The best players will be identified early and the majority of them will commit rather quickly to one of the top college programs. Once the top programs realize all of their highest ranked players are "off the board" they will reevaluate their list and move on and recruit other players.

If your daughter is not one of the let's say 50 - 100 players that pretty much every coach has Identified do not sweat it, there are many opportunities even at some of those well know programs.

If you daughter is not one of those blue chip players that will be receiving offers from schools like BC, UNC, Northwestern, Stanford, Duke, Princeton, Virginia, ND, USC etc... you will have to help her be proactive in trying to get coaches to take a close look at her. The studs stand out right away to the coaches, maybe it's because the player has a knack for scoring goals, maybe it's because she is an incredible athlete, maybe it's her hustle or her ability to play defense or whatever but the coaches spot the top prospect right away. After those top players there are literally hundreds of players trying to get coaches to take a close look at them. Help your daughter find a way to catch the attention of the coaches of the programs that she is interested in. Do not believe it if someone says "if you are good they will find you",

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn’t let that guide you. I’d bet maybe 5-10 2022’s 1st time committed D1 this fall / winter. I’d bet 95% of the 2022 commits were done by June of 2021. Vast majority of 2023’s are done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn’t let that guide you. I’d bet maybe 5-10 2022’s 1st time committed D1 this fall / winter. I’d bet 95% of the 2022 commits were done by June of 2021. Vast majority of 2023’s are done.

If that vast majority of 23s are done YJ is having a really bad year. Less than half the A team is committed, and the club only has 21 total commits (22 class had 46). Don't know for sure but it seems possible that there are still a lot of 23 commits coming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone explain the transfer portal / 5th year eligibility bc of covid ? is that affecting the 2023s? will it affect the 2024s? I think the NCAA really screwed up by offering an extra year of eligibility bc of covid...lots of high school players got screwed out of not only playing in high school but also the opportunity to play in college. frown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that vast majority of 23s are done YJ is having a really bad year. Less than half the A team is committed, and the club only has 21 total commits (22 class had 46). Don't know for sure but it seems possible that there are still a lot of 23 commits coming.

2023 D1’s are just about done. D2 & D3 hasn’t even started. By checking schools recruits I’d guess north of 75%. 2022 D1 ( was the op point ) I bet is 99.999% done. Heck 2023 D2/3 is say 90+% done.

Why YJ? Only them? Not one so I wouldn’t know but what happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 D1’s are just about done. D2 & D3 hasn’t even started. By checking schools recruits I’d guess north of 75%. 2022 D1 ( was the op point ) I bet is 99.999% done. Heck 2023 D2/3 is say 90+% done.

I assume you mean 2022 D2/3 are 90% done?

Last time I checked, there were 115 D1, 106 D2, and 293 D3 lacrosse teams. Not completely current but probably in the ball park. So even if D1 is 75% done and D2/D3 are barely started, we are way less than half way through the 2023 recruiting timeline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is awesome!
A multi sport athlete that also played varsity soccer. This should be applauded as it’s getting harder and harder to do with the current travel team environment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is awesome!
A multi sport athlete that also played varsity soccer. This should be applauded as it’s getting harder and harder to do with the current travel team environment.

Walk on spots are always available.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume you mean 2022 D2/3 are 90% done?

Last time I checked, there were 115 D1, 106 D2, and 293 D3 lacrosse teams. Not completely current but probably in the ball park. So even if D1 is 75% done and D2/D3 are barely started, we are way less than half way through the 2023 recruiting timeline.

Unless D1 college teams are relying heavily on the transfer portal, I would say 75 percent finished is an inflated number. There are still many spots at some good academic and fairly competitive lax schools.
At this date in the middle of feb 2022, it seems that D1 still has many spots for 2023!
and according to OG poster D2/3 has barely started.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is awesome!

First of all NO they aren’t
Second don’t be a nasty hateful jealous donk.
Your negativity will only negatively impact your kids process

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything is important, Fall Tournaments, Winter training, High School and Summer Club, Stop listening to other people. Your an adult and make your own decisions. You need to stop listening to the angry people and jealous parents. There are entirely to many people on this site that are way to involved in other clubs business and what other people are doing. Worry about your child and make smart decisions based on your Childs needs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over last few days 2023s have committed D1,
Michigan,
Ohio State,
Bryant
and FDU.
Additionally D1 over the last 10 days 2023s,
Bryant x2
Central Michigan x4
LIU
UNH
FDU x3
Stetson
Duquesne x2
Xavier
Eastern Michigan
Albany
Lafayette
Arizona St
Longwood
Merrimack
Redford
Lasalle
American x2
St Francis U
Monmouth U
Army
Furman
Wagner x2
Wofford
Plus many good D2 and 3 schools,
Messiah
St John Fisher
Mt Olive
Denison
Vassar
St Lawrence x2
Dickinson
Steven’s x3
Hobart and Smith
Claremont-Mudd-Scripps

This is a great list of schools and the process for 2023s is moving much slower than many of us expected. I post this to help the 2024 parents. Great opportunity for our girls but be patient and don’t panic next fall and winter.
Very few will get an offer on sept 1. Most will play out over the course of their Junior maybe senior depending on what they are looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is awesome!

Such an ignorant post. Congratulation to the young women. Michigan is an incredible school with a lot to offer. Congratulations again, such an awesome opportunity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michigan,
Ohio State,
Bryant
and FDU.
Bryant x2
Central Michigan x4
LIU
UNH
FDU x3
Stetson
Duquesne x2
Xavier
Eastern Michigan
Albany
Lafayette
Arizona St
Longwood
Merrimack
Redford
Lasalle
American x2
St Francis U
Monmouth U
Army
Furman
Wagner x2
Wofford
Messiah
St John Fisher
Mt Olive
Denison
Vassar
St Lawrence x2
Dickinson
Steven’s x3
Hobart and Smith
Claremont-Mudd-Scripps

This is a great list of schools and the process for 2023s is moving much slower than many of us expected. I post this to help the 2024 parents. Great opportunity for our girls but be patient and don’t panic next fall and winter.
Very few will get an offer on sept 1. Most will play out over the course of their Junior maybe senior depending on what they are looking for.

Y’all weren’t kidding about colleges being really focused on 2023 recruiting right now.
A bunch More D1 commits on 2/14 for 2023 class,
Cal Berkeley, U Maryland BC, St Francis U, FDU
And D2/3 schools
Slippery Rock, Winthrop
We had heard from many that this is how it would be but didn’t know what to expect with a few conflicting things said on here. Patience is huge with so many choices and opportunity. It Makes me more calm with my 2024 and knowing that we have time and not to panic. It’s amazing to watch. So happy for these women.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi, I’ve been reading through the last few months posts. Can someone please give me an idea what ‘Best In Class’ is. Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of 2023 committed player here.
My 2 cents… at this time in the race, email often and many schools. Feedback my player got in September was that they liked the interest shown. And that in turn makes them interested. By mid august your coach will have heard from the top programs if they have interest. And on sept 1 you will hear from places you never even contacted. Email email email. Go to on campus prospect camps. And play hard at LFTC. Sidelines stacked. It’s early. And they will continue to follow her the rest of the summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Best In Class" is a showcase set up by Deemer Class. I believe this is the first year for the event. It may or may not turn out to be something of value--at this point it's TBD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michigan,
Ohio State,
Bryant
and FDU.
Bryant x2
Central Michigan x4
LIU
UNH
FDU x3
Stetson
Duquesne x2
Xavier
Eastern Michigan
Albany
Lafayette
Arizona St
Longwood
Merrimack
Redford
Lasalle
American x2
St Francis U
Monmouth U
Army
Furman
Wagner x2
Wofford
Messiah
St John Fisher
Mt Olive
Denison
Vassar
St Lawrence x2
Dickinson
Steven’s x3
Hobart and Smith
Claremont-Mudd-Scripps

Y’all weren’t kidding about colleges being really focused on 2023 recruiting right now.
A bunch More D1 commits on 2/14 for 2023 class,
Cal Berkeley, U Maryland BC, St Francis U, FDU
And D2/3 schools
Slippery Rock, Winthrop
We had heard from many that this is how it would be but didn’t know what to expect with a few conflicting things said on here. Patience is huge with so many choices and opportunity. It Makes me more calm with my 2024 and knowing that we have time and not to panic. It’s amazing to watch. So happy for these women.

This is such a transparent post. 23s will obviously be committing for the next few months and even some into their senior years for walk on spots or if players Decommitt. I think the only thing others were trying to say was that this year is extremely important. No posts say if you won’t get recruited unless this is your best year. Sophomore year is an important year for recruiting. Fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Best In Class" is a showcase set up by Deemer Class. I believe this is the first year for the event. It may or may not turn out to be something of value--at this point it's TBD.

the boys side of the event is awesome. The girls attending are very very strong players who have made many of the other showcase teams like under Armour underclass, American select, etc. this makes me think it’ll be an event of substance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
22s will commit for walk on spots or if there is an opening (those spots are limited so don’t rely on that as a senior)

23s will commit throughout the year and summer. Their commitments are based off of the hard work they have done for years and because they have been watched for the past two years (Sophmore and Junior year) The work they put it last year is going to help them this year.

For 24s the work you put in this fall, winter, spring, and summer including tournaments, school season, work you did in the winter and more will directly impact how your fall looks. If you have grown a following of these coaches next fall will be way easier for you,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the boys side of the event is awesome. The girls attending are very very strong players who have made many of the other showcase teams like under Armour underclass, American select, etc. this makes me think it’ll be an event of substance.

This such a transparent post. Somebody is obviously invested and wants to promote themselves or club. Stay tuned for the rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This such a transparent post. Somebody is obviously invested and wants to promote themselves or club. Stay tuned for the rest.

Haha I saw the question asked and nobody responded.
So the person who asked the question is now responding and pushing their story. Having a conversation with yourself ,,, very impressive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the best player in the class of 2024. The 2023 girl was anointed the top spot for years. I don't feel like 2024 we have a top player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I listed the teams and/or "invitational" teams below that I have heard of without knowing much about. We don't need to know they are money grabs, save us the wasted posts, they all are and everything has a cost. I would love to get actual info about them, even if it's from organizers of the events, just shine some light about exposure or formats. Most are still convincing everyone it's worth the money without a history. I know there are camps and prospects days associated with colleges fighting for our dollars as well. I am only concerned how these effect the 2024 girls. Thank you in advance for those trying to help spread accurate information.

1. Under Armour - * Tryout dates on website * No secrets here, great event with a great history. Minimal tryout cost covers everything. Not really the best event for
2024's because the teams will mostly be full of committed 2023's.

2. American Select - * Tryout dates on website * Second year event that is approx. $800?? Should have the most talent and exposure for the 2024's this summer??

3. Juniors Open - * Invitation Only? * First year for girls, boys events get good talent. Website is vague, despite big hype. Social media releases names slowly.

4. Five star Elite - * Invitation Only? * First year for girls. Social media releases names slowly.

5. Best in Class - * Invitation Only? * First year for girls, boys events get good talent. Website is vague, despite big hype. Social media releases names slowly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as the best player in the 2024 class, it may be a middy instead of attack like in the 2023 class. The out of the box girl could be the Dewlax(NJ) goalie that is amazing. I think she is as good if not better than the 2023 (CO) committ for UNC. I don't feel comfortable about naming her on a forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the person who asked the question is now responding and pushing their story. Having a conversation with yourself ,,, very impressive

The theories by some of the 24 parents on here claiming everything that doesn’t fit their agenda is hocus pocus baffles me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The theories by some of the 24 parents on here claiming everything that doesn’t fit their agenda is hocus pocus baffles me

That will always be the case for some.

While there are players that have made UA, etc., I think we can all admit it currently skews heavily to the east coast. I've seen a few midwest players and one of them plays for Skywalkers. I really don't care, though, as I think this event is probably a little more fair to get into than say, UA150? Deemer is a great guy and I'm hopeful it goes well for the girls.

Worst case it could end up like AU, which a few of the girls I know that went said it wasn't worth it because it wasn't really heavily attended by coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about UA150, there’s a cost for this as well, is it worth it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as the best player in the 2024 class, it may be a middy instead of attack like in the 2023 class. The out of the box girl could be the Dewlax(NJ) goalie that is amazing. I think she is as good if not better than the 2023 (CO) committ for UNC. I don't feel comfortable about naming her on a forum.

Probably will not know who is considered top recruit or “best player” until after the Summer tournaments. I think there are many on the same level and we haven’t had a lot of chance watching them play very much due to Covid. Should be exciting to watch them this summer. 2024 class has so many great players! I agree, That goalie is awesome! As far as Attacks and Middies, there are many very good ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about UA150, there’s a cost for this as well, is it worth it?

Will any college coaches be on the sidelines at UA150? Anyone have girls who have been, and have experienced UA150? Invites are out today, Trying to decide if just another money grab! frown

Page 49 of 73 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard