BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Girls' U15 National Championship Tournament - July 23rd-25th, 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Quarterfinals Results - Wednesday, July 24th

July 24 Quarterfinals - Approxmiately 6 p.m.

Field 18: #4 Yellow Jackets Blue over #5 Long Island Liberty, 14-0
Field 19: #6 Bear Lax 2016 edges #14 Stars Gold, 7-6

Stars was down 5-1 at halftime. Heck of a near comeback.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How the heck did the Liberty get blown out like that! Biggest shock of the tournament so far. They looked so strong up to that point. Tough plane ride back.

Pool play against very weak teams Utah, NC and BBL led to a high seed and easy first round Desert Heat, then BBL again. They didn't play any team in contention until YJ. The result would have been the same vs. many of the other strong teams they didn't play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put it down TG will win it all. None of these other teams can stay with the 2015 age players tg have brought.Its over.

Obviously a YJ S$!t stirrer. Good try loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How the heck did the Liberty get blown out like that! Biggest shock of the tournament so far. They looked so strong up to that point. Tough plane ride back.

Has Liberty ever won any tournament that YJ , TG , SW , M&D been in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow dissappointed in the lopsided scores, who made it in and the pool play. Seems if this was soccer you have a lot of premier teams playing some division 4 teams just because they come from another region. I thought more teams would be tested so they could show what they are made of.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think the outcome was so surprising, just the magnitude of score differential suggesting complete dominance. Unusual for a Danielle Gallagher coached team. Especially against her arch rival.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think the outcome was so surprising, just the magnitude of score differential suggesting complete dominance. Unusual for a Danielle Gallagher coached team. Especially against her arch rival.

It looks like Liberty has a long way to go before they can catch up to the other LI clubs in the Final 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put it down TG will win it all. None of these other teams can stay with the 2015 age players tg have brought.Its over.

US lacrosse collects birth certificates from all the players,, they are all 15

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your still playing down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. See 2014 team at the Rise last year, to name one. YJs were there. YJs still are the most dominant. Other programs you mentioned are considered very strong, though.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Yellow Jackets 2015 Blue team was not at the Rise Last year.
They were there this year and won the tournament.
Always a good game with Liberty.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Semifinal Match-Ups - Thursday, July 25th

July 25 Semifinals - 8 a.m.

Field 18: #1 STEPS 2016 vs. #4 Yellow Jackets Blue
Field 19: #7 Long Island Top Guns vs. #6 Bear Lax 2016
Reports indicate that terrible weather has landed in LarryMiller and all games will be delayed at least one hour. Teams are currently scheduled to begin warm-ups between 8:30am and 8:45am with games to begin 30 minutes later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct about 2015 and this year. 2015 Liberty won it last year, but the jackets were not their. The 2014 jacket team was their last year and lost (to a non-LI team) and Liberty 2014 ended up winning that tournament as well. Liberty and TG have strong reputations among D1 college coaches and they both produce many players that play at the highest level, but not in the same numbers as the jackets. Jackets continue to be the clear leader in producing D1 lacrosse players and winning the most tournaments. Going to be a real exciting final four today. Good luck to the kids and parents. Enjoy the competition becuz it goes by fast!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Semifinal Halftime Scores - Thursday, July 25th

Field 18: #4 Yellow Jackets Blue lead #1 STEPS 2016, 9-2, Halftime
Field 19: #7 Long Island Top Guns lead #6 Bear Lax 2016, 8-2, Halftime

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Semifinal Halftime Scores - Thursday, July 25th

Field 18: #4 Yellow Jackets Blue lead #1 STEPS 2016, 9-2, Halftime
Field 19: #7 Long Island Top Guns lead #6 Bear Lax 2016, 8-2, Halftime

Again, terrible seeding and poor competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct about 2015 and this year. 2015 Liberty won it last year, but the jackets were not their. The 2014 jacket team was their last year and lost (to a non-LI team) and Liberty 2014 ended up winning that tournament as well. Liberty and TG have strong reputations among D1 college coaches and they both produce many players that play at the highest level, but not in the same numbers as the jackets. Jackets continue to be the clear leader in producing D1 lacrosse players and winning the most tournaments. Going to be a real exciting final four today. Good luck to the kids and parents. Enjoy the competition becuz it goes by fast!

IMHO, I think that both the T.G. and Y.J. parents are missing the whole point to travel lacrosse. if your sole purpose is to have your daughter on a winning team than you are probably doing her an injustice. Most kids will make the best of a situation and have friends on any team they play on, but does that situation fit your daughters personality and scholastic goals. Sure the Y.J. win more tournaments, so what. sure they send more kids D-1, but where http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/? not all schools are the same, they also have twice as many teams as Liberty and T.G. so it stand to reason they will have more commits. here is an interesting article I found yesterday ( i hope sage doesn't mind )

Accelerated Recruiting Creates Culture of Fear

October 18, 2012
by Justin Feil | LaxMagazine.com

"It was kind of scary to be 16 and have to think about what I was going to major in," said former Ridgewood (N.J.) All-American midfielder Kelci Smesko.
© Dero Sanford
On Thursday, US Lacrosse issued a statement expressing concern over the the complex nature of collegiate recruiting process for high school student-athletes. With this in mind, here is an article on the topic from the May issue of Lacrosse Magazine. Don't get the mag? Join US Lacrosse and its 400,000-plus members today to start your subscription.

It happens all the time in horror films. A nervous pedestrian finds herself in a dark alley only to be ambushed. NCAA Division I women's lacrosse advocates feel that way now. Accelerated recruiting has sent their sport into a spiral.

"There's a really big culture of fear right now," said Quinnipiac head coach Danie Caro.

It's a rat race for the high school athletes competing for scholarships (a maximum of 12 for fully-funded programs), for coaches competing in an arena that has grown to over 100 teams, for parents trying to pay for college and for club teams looking to turn a profit by claiming their players are the most committed.

"I had a sophomore tell me they step out at lunch time to call coaches," said Notre Dame head coach Christine Halfpenny. "They sit in the car and make calls to college coaches. I thought that was wildly outrageous to me. They should be eating lunch and getting ready for algebra."

Some coaches want to ban all contact with sophomores, even on unofficial visits. But the NCAA won't change anything without making sweeping changes across all sports. In fact, new legislation could lead to even less policing of the process.

"Everything in the last year has been geared toward deregulation," said Duke head coach Kerstin Kimel. "It's floored us."

Caro was president of the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) in 2008 when they sent a proposal to the recruiting subcommittee of the academics/eligibility/compliance cabinet of the NCAA with recommended legislation.

"We saw it coming," she said. "We've always known we didn't want to go down the path of basketball, soccer and men's lacrosse."

Even Caro, whose program is not a top-20 team, had finished recruiting her high school class of 2013 by last spring. Last year's college seniors were the first class to commit mostly as juniors, Sailer and Kimel said. Official visits were a formality.

"It will change when you reach a critical mass of coaches who have made bad decisions and players who have made bad decisions," Sailer said. "Then you might get a little bit of a pushback on it."

US Lacrosse Statement on Recruiting

US Lacrosse shares the concern of many lacrosse players, parents and coaches that the college recruiting process is not structured or timed in the best interests ... [Read More]

Kelci Smesko, an All-American senior midfielder out of Ridgewood (N.J.) High, had those concerns when she started to explore schools.

"It was kind of scary to be 16 and have to think about what I was going to major in," she said. "I wanted my heart to be fully in the school I chose. It didn't come easy."

Smesko verbally committed to Duke in December of her junior year, but only after taking unofficial visits to four other schools. She's one of the lucky ones. Schools will wait for a blue chip. She also has parents who steered her through the process.

"Parents are a big part of the process," Halfpenny said. "That's a good thing. They need as much mentoring and guidance as possible. It's not a four-year choice — it's a 40-year choice."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ won 12-4

TG won 13-6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the Championship game? is it televised?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Semifinal Results - Thursday, July 25th

Field 18: #4 Yellow Jackets Blue defeat #1 STEPS 2016, 12-4
Field 19: #7 Long Island Top Guns defeat #6 Bear Lax 2016, 13-7

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Medal Games - Thursday, July 25th

Bronze Medal - 11 a.m.

Field 19: #1 STEPS 2016 vs. #6 Bear Lax 2016

Gold Medal - Championship Match - 12 noon

Field 18: #4 Yellow Jackets Blue vs. #7 Long Island Top Guns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO, I think that both the T.G. and Y.J. parents are missing the whole point to travel lacrosse. if your sole purpose is to have your daughter on a winning team than you are probably doing her an injustice. Most kids will make the best of a situation and have friends on any team they play on, but does that situation fit your daughters personality and scholastic goals. Sure the Y.J. win more tournaments, so what. sure they send more kids D-1, but where http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/? not all schools are the same, they also have twice as many teams as Liberty and T.G. so it stand to reason they will have more commits. here is an interesting article I found yesterday ( i hope sage doesn't mind )

Accelerated Recruiting Creates Culture of Fear

October 18, 2012
by Justin Feil | LaxMagazine.com

"It was kind of scary to be 16 and have to think about what I was going to major in," said former Ridgewood (N.J.) All-American midfielder Kelci Smesko.
© Dero Sanford
On Thursday, US Lacrosse issued a statement expressing concern over the the complex nature of collegiate recruiting process for high school student-athletes. With this in mind, here is an article on the topic from the May issue of Lacrosse Magazine. Don't get the mag? Join US Lacrosse and its 400,000-plus members today to start your subscription.

It happens all the time in horror films. A nervous pedestrian finds herself in a dark alley only to be ambushed. NCAA Division I women's lacrosse advocates feel that way now. Accelerated recruiting has sent their sport into a spiral.

"There's a really big culture of fear right now," said Quinnipiac head coach Danie Caro.

It's a rat race for the high school athletes competing for scholarships (a maximum of 12 for fully-funded programs), for coaches competing in an arena that has grown to over 100 teams, for parents trying to pay for college and for club teams looking to turn a profit by claiming their players are the most committed.

"I had a sophomore tell me they step out at lunch time to call coaches," said Notre Dame head coach Christine Halfpenny. "They sit in the car and make calls to college coaches. I thought that was wildly outrageous to me. They should be eating lunch and getting ready for algebra."

Some coaches want to ban all contact with sophomores, even on unofficial visits. But the NCAA won't change anything without making sweeping changes across all sports. In fact, new legislation could lead to even less policing of the process.

"Everything in the last year has been geared toward deregulation," said Duke head coach Kerstin Kimel. "It's floored us."

Caro was president of the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) in 2008 when they sent a proposal to the recruiting subcommittee of the academics/eligibility/compliance cabinet of the NCAA with recommended legislation.

"We saw it coming," she said. "We've always known we didn't want to go down the path of basketball, soccer and men's lacrosse."

Even Caro, whose program is not a top-20 team, had finished recruiting her high school class of 2013 by last spring. Last year's college seniors were the first class to commit mostly as juniors, Sailer and Kimel said. Official visits were a formality.

"It will change when you reach a critical mass of coaches who have made bad decisions and players who have made bad decisions," Sailer said. "Then you might get a little bit of a pushback on it."

US Lacrosse Statement on Recruiting

US Lacrosse shares the concern of many lacrosse players, parents and coaches that the college recruiting process is not structured or timed in the best interests ... [Read More]

Kelci Smesko, an All-American senior midfielder out of Ridgewood (N.J.) High, had those concerns when she started to explore schools.

"It was kind of scary to be 16 and have to think about what I was going to major in," she said. "I wanted my heart to be fully in the school I chose. It didn't come easy."

Smesko verbally committed to Duke in December of her junior year, but only after taking unofficial visits to four other schools. She's one of the lucky ones. Schools will wait for a blue chip. She also has parents who steered her through the process.

"Parents are a big part of the process," Halfpenny said. "That's a good thing. They need as much mentoring and guidance as possible. It's not a four-year choice — it's a 40-year choice."

interesting forbes list ranking the top 5 lax schools academically-

#73 Maryland $42,000 per year
#38 North Carolina $44,000 per year
#17 Northwestern $60,000 per year
#123 Syracuse $56,000 per year
#74 Florida $42,000 per year

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Medal Games - Thursday, July 25th

Bronze Medal - 11 a.m.

Field 19: #1 STEPS 2016 vs. #6 Bear Lax 2016

Field 18: #4 Yellow Jackets Blue vs. #7 Long Island Top Guns
The gold medal match started early : 11:30am. Storms in the forecast look to be huge - hence, the teams agreed to get the match rolling early in order to get the best of the weather.

Match has been back and forth - Top Guns leading at 4-3 with about ten minutes remaining in the first half.

STEPS 2016 have jumped out to a 3-1 lead over Bear Lax 2016 in the first half.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Medal Games Halftime Scores - Thursday, July 25th

Bronze Medal - 11 a.m.

Field 19: #1 STEPS 2016 lead #6 Bear Lax 2016, 6-2, Halftime

Field 18: #7 Long Island Top Guns lead #4 Yellow Jackets Blue, 8-6, Halftime

Scoreboard Highlights

Sam Geiersbach (three goals) and Sam Apuzzo (two goals) lead the scoring for the Top Guns who opened a 7-3 lead with eight minutes remaining in the half. Top Guns change goalies for the second stanza going to Grace Beshlian while the Yellow Jackets plan on going with Charlotte Campbell.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Final Score - Thursday, July 25th

Field 18: #7 Long Island Top Guns defeats #4 Yellow Jackets Blue, 14-12

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fianlly a good game. Let the spin begin...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Top Guns!!'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats girls, sounds like it was a great game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams make LI proud...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Gun Parent here. No Spin here. Great teams that could have won on any given day. I love to see 2 LI Teams in the final. No Hate here, great athletes on both sides.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Amen and let's hear it for NO SPIN. Everyone is sick to death of it, it's old and tired and hopefully over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does someone know who won this event the last 5 or so years? Serious question, sorry if I am walking into something.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Does someone know who won this event the last 5 or so years? Serious question, sorry if I am walking into something.
2012 Final : Sky Walkers 2015 Blue (Md.) 14, Yellow Jackets Team 2 (N.Y.) 6

2011 Final : Yellow Jackets (N.Y.) 10, Stars Gold (Va.) 3

2010 Final : Yellow Jackets (N.Y.) 12, Stars Gold (Va.) 5

2009 Final : CheckHers Elite (Md.) 19, Stars Gold (Va.) 12

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Bronze Medal Game - Thursday, July 25th

Bronze Medal - 11 a.m.

Field 19: #1 STEPS 2016 defeats #6 Bear Lax 2016, 14-5

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
All Results - Thursday, July 25th

Field 18: #4 Yellow Jackets Blue d. #1 STEPS 2016, 12-4
Field 19: #7 Long Island Top Guns d. #6 Bear Lax 2016, 13-7

July 25 Consolation Games - 8 a.m.

Field 7: #19 Cardinal d. #29 Bluegrass Premier, 7-4
Field 9: #22 Bear Lax 2017 d. #27 Stickbenders, 10-6
Field 20: #31 Storm Select d. #15 Detroit Coyotes, 11-6
Field 25: #17 Pacific Falcons d. #32 Colorado, 6-5
Field 26: #9 Lax Maniax vs. #25 Connecticut Dodgers, 8-8 tie

July 25 - Consolation Games - 10:30 a.m.

Field 7: #2 Sky Walkers d. #8 Yellow Jackets Gold, 8-5
Field 9: #5 Long Island Liberty d. #14 Stars Gold, 10-6
Field 18: #16 Ultimate Elite d. #18 SuperStix, 13-4
Field 19: #10 NEM&D d. #24 Eagle Stix, 10-9
Field 20: #23 Minnesota Elite d. #26 Washington, 15-7
Field 25: #13 Long Island Express d. #3 Dominant, 8-7
Field 26: #11 Elevate d. #12 BBL, 7-3

July 25 - Third Place Game - 11:30 a.m.

Field 19: #1 STEPS 2016 d. #6 BearLax 2016 Blue, 14-5

July 25 - Consolation Games - 11:30 a.m.

Field 25: #20 North Carolina d. #30 Utah, 13-2
Field 26: #21 Lady Trojan Gold d. #28 Desert Heat, 8-3

July 25 - Championship Game - 11:30 a.m.

Field 18: #7 Long Island Top Guns d. #4 Yellow Jackets Blue, 14-12

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were there a lot of college coaches there recruiting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try. Wooohooo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me how the cutoff dates work for this U15 event? You must be under 15 on a certain date right? My daughter's younger, so I haven't really paid attention to this yet, so I'm just curious.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Can someone tell me how the cutoff dates work for this U15 event? You must be under 15 on a certain date right? My daughter's younger, so I haven't really paid attention to this yet, so I'm just curious.
For the 2013 Tournament, players must be born on or after 9/1/1997.

For next year's event, players will need to be born after 9/1/1998.

That's it - everything is validated via birth certificates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to US Lacrosse for all the tournament info you would like. And it's free!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 2013 Tournament, players must be born on or after 9/1/1997.

For next year's event, players will need to be born after 9/1/1998.

That's it - everything is validated via birth certificates.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard