Watch TDSports Live Stream Today: Smithtown West vs Sachem East Boys' Lacrosse at 4:30pm! Go-to Forums-BOTC Main Forum-HS Games Live Stream | TDSports. Enjoy!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:45 AM
2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:34 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:34 AM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:33 AM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by SweepTheLeg - 05/16/22 08:33 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,061
Posts334,857
Members2,431
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 494 of 511 1 2 492 493 494 495 496 510 511
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #363862 01/24/22 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A "bunch of 9th graders" beat BBP 1st team last Sunday and St. Anthony's sophomores yesterday, in the semi-finals and finals, respectively.

Wasn’t it the BBP 2nd team? And, a SA sophomore pick up team?

YJ beat BBP 1 in semi finals last week BBP also had the YJ kids from BBP So it was a suprise for some and then beat St Anthony’s group yesterday BBP 2 didn’t make the varsity playoffs but you already know that

This should come as no surprise, every YJ top team should be on level with the very top HS teams at right about this age, then be able to blow the HS teams out the last couple/few years. Think about it, it is a team of the very top players, a HS team would be lucky to have a small handful of top caliber girls on it. To also put another perspective on it, my daughters 9th grade YJ team played an an incoming recruit class team of a lower level D1 at an indoor tournament. Beat them horribly, like 15-2 or in that range.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #363864 01/24/22 12:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A "bunch of 9th graders" beat BBP 1st team last Sunday and St. Anthony's sophomores yesterday, in the semi-finals and finals, respectively.

Wasn’t it the BBP 2nd team? And, a SA sophomore pick up team?

YJ beat BBP 1 in semi finals last week BBP also had the YJ kids from BBP So it was a suprise for some and then beat St Anthony’s group yesterday BBP 2 didn’t make the varsity playoffs but you already know that

This should come as no surprise, every YJ top team should be on level with the very top HS teams at right about this age, then be able to blow the HS teams out the last couple/few years. Think about it, it is a team of the very top players, a HS team would be lucky to have a small handful of top caliber girls on it. To also put another perspective on it, my daughters 9th grade YJ team played an an incoming recruit class team of a lower level D1 at an indoor tournament. Beat them horribly, like 15-2 or in that range.

Winter leagues for HS programs are typically missing the majority of their best players due to many reasons such as playing other sports, or just taking a rest. Amazing how anyone thinks it matters for anything other than getting some practice in. Not by any means a realistic representation of any teams talent. Please stop. Nobody cares about winter league scores

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363873 01/24/22 01:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP had all of their players....including the 4 that are on that YJ team. BBP also a top HS in the country. The games are all filmed, watch it for yourself

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #363890 01/24/22 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't it have been more surprising if BBP won with their winter town team vs. the very best 2025s on the island/country coached by a top 10 D1 coach?

Get a grip....

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #364238 01/27/22 11:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have Junior Open announced any 2025s attending? Thoughts on if this is worthwhile?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #364240 01/27/22 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have Junior Open announced any 2025s attending? Thoughts on if this is worthwhile?

Isn’t it a Junior open ? Why would sophomores play in it?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364247 01/27/22 11:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They opened it up for sophomores this year as well. Invitations went out to some of the top 2025 players.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #364253 01/27/22 12:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They opened it up for sophomores this year as well. Invitations went out to some of the top 2025 players.
Did they really only go out to "top players?" Genuinely curious. My daughter got one, but trying to figure out if a) it's worth it b) this wasn't just a mass email saying "you're a top prospect!" but every 2025 got the same email...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364261 01/27/22 12:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of three girls I would consider top players at the age group that got invitations (between three different clubs). I know some very strong players who did not get invites as far as they know. I am curious how many girls total they plan to take. Coaches for 2024 age group look good.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364272 01/27/22 01:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of three girls I would consider top players at the age group that got invitations (between three different clubs). I know some very strong players who did not get invites as far as they know. I am curious how many girls total they plan to take. Coaches for 2024 age group look good.
At least for the 2025's, it said 144.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #364273 01/27/22 01:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are taking 144 girls from 2025 class. Wonder how they picked these girls?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #364277 01/27/22 01:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve now gone to 3 College Bound Laxers events and they are run so well, with a lot of colleges in a small setting. Unsure of their set up but you need to read the details bc those nuances matter. My daughter just committed to attending their winter showcase and they are on the island.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #364364 01/28/22 12:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 144 invites went out for the 2025's. LI Lax Journal had some input as did club directors. There may have been other inputs. Some girls filled out applications, others were just selected. Not sure of the "secret sauce".

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364367 01/28/22 12:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are taking 144 girls from 2025 class. Wonder how they picked these girls?

For whatever it is worth, these numbered invite combines or whatever are a bit misleading. For example, all those years Under Armour was running the Under Armour 150, the truth of the matter was that none of the girls (considered the top girls) who made the Under Armour underclass teams went to the 150. It was always the next rung of players that went to 150. But there is so much stuff out there nowadays, it really does seem like shameless money grabs everywhere you look. And the lists and social media hype from all these events, leagues, clubs, list generating websites, trainers, videographers, photographers, etc…. All feasting. It is so out of control the last few years, it is painful to watch what this is becoming. Feel like my youngest was just old enough to avoid all this craziness, glad we are out. Good luck to all of you who still need to navigate through this as all this stuff continues to spiral out of control.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364371 01/28/22 12:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the 3 that I know on MD teams (Skywalker, M&D and Hero’s), none applied……were told picked by other club coaches

Like Reply Quote
Page 494 of 511 1 2 492 493 494 495 496 510 511
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard