BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 80 of 251 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Re Hawks: be more specific. How many and from where? Makes sense tho since the 28s have utterly collapsed since summer.
Heard four of the ‘27s dropped down, including the goalie. The 28 goalie was very good to begin with, maybe he went to the 29’s. Or maybe the ‘30s?? wink

How does one drop down ?

You heard wrong, are not a Hawks parent, and know absolutely nothing.

So how many kids on the team were on the 27s last year?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did most of the displaced on-age 28 Hawks go? Sounds like True may have gotten a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re Hawks: be more specific. How many and from where? Makes sense tho since the 28s have utterly collapsed since summer.
Heard four of the ‘27s dropped down, including the goalie. The 28 goalie was very good to begin with, maybe he went to the 29’s. Or maybe the ‘30s?? wink

How does one drop down ?

1. The year before 3, don’t know before that.

BTW, the thing about bonafide starters in just wrong, the entire attack played on 27.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 28 is probably older than Madlax 28. Yes, this includes the teenager as I mean player for player.

NL might be older than both but not sure.
are you crazy NL has one of the youngest teams their blue teams oldest kid is Aug 2009
and youngest July 2010, not even close

Not accurate as to the range of birthdays. NL doesn’t have anyone like the Madlax kid that drives, but several players are older than Aug 09.
The goalie and BMac are older but I think those are the only two

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does one drop down ?

1. The year before 3, don’t know before that.

BTW, the thing about bonafide starters in just wrong, the entire attack played on 27.

1 this year? Sure pal lol.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s a board for holdback talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone should have started practicing by now. Or soon anyway. Hopefully this will give folks something else to talk about other than how old certain teams are.

They are older than others. I get it. We all know. Can we move on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get my math straight, so bear with me because I went to public schools. So there were 3 previous 27s + 4 new 27s (for this season) = 7 former 27 Hawks on Hawks28 that we know about? I remember an earlier commenter said there were more players from other clubs too? We need some more color on that, please.

A fair assessment given the entire roster would be ~1/3ish+ of the entire team and most of the starting line are holdbacks? Wow. Not sure a single Hawker can complain about another club being "old" again. This is a straight up comedy act.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get my math straight, so bear with me because I went to public schools. So there were 3 previous 27s + 4 new 27s (for this season) = 7 former 27 Hawks on Hawks28 that we know about? I remember an earlier commenter said there were more players from other clubs too? We need some more color on that, please.

A fair assessment given the entire roster would be ~1/3ish+ of the entire team and most of the starting line are holdbacks? Wow. Not sure a single Hawker can complain about another club being "old" again. This is a straight up comedy act.

It's funny that you asked for help with your math, Cabell. Three came before 5th grade and 1 this summer. That's 3 + 1, which = 4. Wow. They grabbed another kid from rec ball and a couple from the B team.

Does that help?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same thing that happens at every top club. Solid-above average players but mommy and daddy wanted them to be stars. The answer is to hold back. Who cares. Better comp for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does it matter? Are you going to use it as an excuse?

And yes, my kid is on age.

The debate is almost as lame as holding back itself.

Heck I can settle it for all of you… holdback parents should admit that their kid isn’t good enough to play on age and people complaining about it should admit that the rules aren’t changing.

Let’s move on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's funny that you asked for help with your math, Cabell. Three came before 5th grade and 1 this summer. That's 3 + 1, which = 4. Wow. They grabbed another kid from rec ball and a couple from the B team.

Does that help?

Are you saying there are only 4 kids on the team born before 9/1/2009?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Bored MD Dad still around?

Some new rankings is probably the only thing to break up this Hawks/Madlax “who has the oldest kids” boredom. They are the two best teams in the area. They are also the oldest. YAWN. That’s how lacrosse goes. It only gets worse as they get older.

Any rumors on where teams are in HoCo? KP move up? Blue Claws? Where is 91? Or Preds or Freaking LTLC for that matter.

Something? Anything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does one drop down ?

You either move a grade down or say you did. Then you can play that year.

Correct ,,,, Most just repeat the grade they are in. Or Just tell everyone you are doing a PG year later and playdown a year. Both are considered viable options on your journey to get the sacred D1 scholly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does it matter? Are you going to use it as an excuse?

And yes, my kid is on age.

The debate is almost as lame as holding back itself.

Heck I can settle it for all of you… holdback parents should admit that their kid isn’t good enough to play on age and people complaining about it should admit that the rules aren’t changing.

Let’s move on!

It is going to be the big topic for next few years, 6th thru 8 are the wonderful holdback years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Hawks can't compete with nearly their entire first line being holdbacks. Just using the logic above, got it. BTW, it was obvious they couldn't compete summer onward anyway so maybe they can go from 7 ish (including rec ball and B teamers....nice dodge btw) to a full team of holdbacks. Maybe they will win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does one drop down ?

How can you “say you did”?

So you’re saying there are players who are in 7th, but say they are in 6th?

That’s a new low.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the box tournaments I’ve seen are aged based. So that’s out there for folks interested just FYI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 28 is probably older than Madlax 28. Yes, this includes the teenager as I mean player for player.

NL might be older than both but not sure.
are you crazy NL has one of the youngest teams their blue teams oldest kid is Aug 2009
and youngest July 2010, not even close

Not accurate as to the range of birthdays. NL doesn’t have anyone like the Madlax kid that drives, but several players are older than Aug 09.
The goalie and BMac are older but I think those are the only two

NL has some kids who could qualify as 29's and one who is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does one drop down ?

That’s a new low.

It is not new.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Hawks can't compete with nearly their entire first line being holdbacks. Just using the logic above, got it. BTW, it was obvious they couldn't compete summer onward anyway so maybe they can go from 7 ish (including rec ball and B teamers....nice dodge btw) to a full team of holdbacks. Maybe they will win.

Yes, Hawks are all holdbacks. Some of them are 14 with driver's licenses. I saw a kid pushing a stroller. This one dude is 7 ft tall. One kid has a BALCO tattoo on his forehead. That's why they win. None of them are athletic or work hard. What a joke this team of 6th graders has become!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does one drop down ?

That’s a new low.

It is not new.

I have 2 kids in club lax. Have never heard of this. Is that Hawks or MadLax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL kid is a holdback 29 playing up. Stop. At least be honest about it. -BLC daf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Until you get to college no one is checking with schools. Both do it. MadLax has even more private school kids I believe which often do a pre-1st grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's a "holdback playing up"? If you're a 2028 grad year, but you're held back, you're now a 2029 grad year, but if after you're held back you're then "playing up", you're playing as a...2028? Is that a thing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some folks say a kid whose born before 9/1/2009 whose in the 6th grade that plays 2027s is “playing up.”

This is technically true but what’s also true is the kid is playing on age as a 27. When moving down to 28 they are on grade but not on age.

You see it a lot with summer birthday 2009 kids.

Whatever you want to call it it’s playing down.
It is also not worth discussion because it’s the way it is and won’t change anytime soon. And even if it does this group of kids will be long since graduated.

* I realize the irony of my typing this post only to end by saying it’s not worth discussion. That’s BOTC for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's a "holdback playing up"? If you're a 2028 grad year, but you're held back, you're now a 2029 grad year, but if after you're held back you're then "playing up", you're playing as a...2028? Is that a thing?

Aaah, the old, "I'm a 28" when it's convenient."

Like to dominate as a '29 and "challenge themselves"...on age as a '28.

AKA: Athletically deficient.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh this is rich! This is like the holy grail of parental bragging. But junior is playing up, he is so good!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inside they know that playing with their own age or actually playing up is better for them. When it actually matters they want to play down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Until you get to college no one is checking with schools. Both do it. MadLax has even more private school kids I believe which often do a pre-1st grade.

The problem here is that if you’re actually in 7th but playing in 6th you are breaking the rules.

That’s beyond just being weak and holding back. That shouldn’t happen ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem here is that if you’re actually in 7th but playing in 6th you are breaking the rules.

Guys. I've never seen this happen in 9 years of driving kids to club lacrosse. There's a rumor that express north did this last summer in the 26 division at NLF, but it's just that...a rumor. This is classic gaslighting gentlemen. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does one drop down ?

That’s a new low.

Canadians have been doing it for years, They play down a grade due to expecting a PG year. Where you been... It was a result of all the playing down holdbacks that they were playing against

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guys. I've never seen this happen in 9 years of driving kids to club lacrosse. There's a rumor that express north did this last summer in the 26 division at NLF, but it's just that...a rumor. This is classic gaslighting gentlemen. Move on.

NOT a rumor, admitted by parents on this board a few days ago. The 2028 Express North team brought 2027 kids down to play in the 2028 division at NAL in November. Their excuse? “Yeah, but while they’re in 7th grade, there the same age as a lot of the kids playing in the 2028 division.” ABSURD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOT a rumor, admitted by parents on this board a few days ago. The 2028 Express North team brought 2027 kids down to play in the 2028 division at NAL in November. Their excuse? “Yeah, but while they’re in 7th grade, there the same age as a lot of the kids playing in the 2028 division.” ABSURD

It’s true. But the Express north guys gave the refs IOU’s that those kids were going to be holding back in the near future. Whatever It takes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess in all your years you didn't hear about how almost an entire Madlax team was playing in the class division below. The opposing team protested in the playoffs where the first 3 kids asked by the refs told them their actual grade. The Madlax coach and ML parents blew a gasket because they had been doing it all year and thought it was okay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s true. But the Express north guys gave the refs IOU’s that those kids were going to be holding back in the near future. Whatever It takes

I thought they were saying it about a Hawks player or maybe a MadLax player. Couldn’t really tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not to beat a dead horse but there is a simple solution, age based play. Plain and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to beat a dead horse but there is a simple solution, age based play. Plain and simple.[quote][/quote]

Great idea. It's never been proposed before. What is your cutoff or start date of birth?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve never seen a team try it in HoCO (play above grade kids with younger grades).

I’ve heard Madlax pulled some shenanigans a while ago but I don’t know the particulars or if it’s even true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also heard something. I don't know if it's true, but I'm going to stir the pot and disparage the target of the thing I heard (or misheard) by posting it on here.

Like Reply Quote
Page 80 of 251 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard