BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 186 of 214 1 2 184 185 186 187 188 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
have Junior Open announced any 2025s attending? Thoughts on if this is worthwhile?

Isn’t it a Junior open ? Why would sophomores play in it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They opened it up for sophomores this year as well. Invitations went out to some of the top 2025 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They opened it up for sophomores this year as well. Invitations went out to some of the top 2025 players.
Did they really only go out to "top players?" Genuinely curious. My daughter got one, but trying to figure out if a) it's worth it b) this wasn't just a mass email saying "you're a top prospect!" but every 2025 got the same email...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of three girls I would consider top players at the age group that got invitations (between three different clubs). I know some very strong players who did not get invites as far as they know. I am curious how many girls total they plan to take. Coaches for 2024 age group look good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of three girls I would consider top players at the age group that got invitations (between three different clubs). I know some very strong players who did not get invites as far as they know. I am curious how many girls total they plan to take. Coaches for 2024 age group look good.
At least for the 2025's, it said 144.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are taking 144 girls from 2025 class. Wonder how they picked these girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve now gone to 3 College Bound Laxers events and they are run so well, with a lot of colleges in a small setting. Unsure of their set up but you need to read the details bc those nuances matter. My daughter just committed to attending their winter showcase and they are on the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 144 invites went out for the 2025's. LI Lax Journal had some input as did club directors. There may have been other inputs. Some girls filled out applications, others were just selected. Not sure of the "secret sauce".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For whatever it is worth, these numbered invite combines or whatever are a bit misleading. For example, all those years Under Armour was running the Under Armour 150, the truth of the matter was that none of the girls (considered the top girls) who made the Under Armour underclass teams went to the 150. It was always the next rung of players that went to 150. But there is so much stuff out there nowadays, it really does seem like shameless money grabs everywhere you look. And the lists and social media hype from all these events, leagues, clubs, list generating websites, trainers, videographers, photographers, etc…. All feasting. It is so out of control the last few years, it is painful to watch what this is becoming. Feel like my youngest was just old enough to avoid all this craziness, glad we are out. Good luck to all of you who still need to navigate through this as all this stuff continues to spiral out of control.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the 3 that I know on MD teams (Skywalker, M&D and Hero’s), none applied……were told picked by other club coaches

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For whatever it is worth, these numbered invite combines or whatever are a bit misleading. For example, all those years Under Armour was running the Under Armour 150, the truth of the matter was that none of the girls (considered the top girls) who made the Under Armour underclass teams went to the 150. It was always the next rung of players that went to 150. But there is so much stuff out there nowadays, it really does seem like shameless money grabs everywhere you look. And the lists and social media hype from all these events, leagues, clubs, list generating websites, trainers, videographers, photographers, etc…. All feasting. It is so out of control the last few years, it is painful to watch what this is becoming. Feel like my youngest was just old enough to avoid all this craziness, glad we are out. Good luck to all of you who still need to navigate through this as all this stuff continues to spiral out of control.

Since the club owners getting involved now with all this extra stuff, it’s getting so much worse!! They are making more $s running the extra “showcases” and it’s getting crazy. They just seem to keep adding more and more and it’s hard to figure out what are money grabs and what are not! I think most are, however I think some are legit. Who knows! Ugh…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that there are so many events now. Trying to decide which events to spend time, energy and $$ is hard. When it seems to be a “anyone can apply, pay and go” I’m not convinced that’s necessarily the best choice. At least for us.
I follow what girls are attending because if I know the competition is strong at the very least my kid is getting better playing against and with strong players. I also look to see who is training/coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UAAA is run by Corrigan Sports and UA150 by Robinson Sports. They are unrelated to each other, but there have been some players who did UA150 who were (or very likely will be) UA Senior AA. There do seem to be so many of these events now and not worth the money or time to do them all, and maybe the overall talent for some gets watered down because there are more options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UAAA is run by Corrigan Sports and UA150 by Robinson Sports. They are unrelated to each other, but there have been some players who did UA150 who were (or very likely will be) UA Senior AA. There do seem to be so many of these events now and not worth the money or time to do them all, and maybe the overall talent for some gets watered down because there are more options.

Corrigan Sports and Robinson Sports? Is One of them a top MD club owners company? Soon not to be a club owner (selling it?) The true money is running events and to get girls to pay $500. Let’s just hope some of these events are worth the price, and not just about making $s! Let’s try to keep these people who run these events honest and delivering what they say for the athletes. Lax for the Cure does a GREAT job at their tournament/event! ( It’s also for charity- so, even better:) )

Parents of kids who have attended the different events, are a good source to get info from if worth doing? Everyone will have difference of opinions on them, based on what they were looking for from the event. The input/experience is great to hear for other parents. A big reason I think many come to BOTC for? For some info./advice/experience from people who have been through this stuff. Thank you to those who share this stuff. It’s tough navigating all this and it seems to be getting worse. So many things, hard to know what is worth the time and money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That indoor league is not a HS rules game so it’s hard to make a real comparison.First off it’s a smaller field,Face offs every 4 goals which is huge just due to the alternating possessions,a shot clock which is a great idea but not implemented on the HS level yet.Shorter game duration with a running clock.Overall really talented teams in the league and was well organized.Probably the best winter league on the island.Would highly recommended for anyone interested in top competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That indoor league is not a HS rules game so it’s hard to make a real comparison.First off it’s a smaller field,Face offs every 4 goals which is huge just due to the alternating possessions,a shot clock which is a great idea but not implemented on the HS level yet.Shorter game duration with a running clock.Overall really talented teams in the league and was well organized.Probably the best winter league on the island.Would highly recommended for anyone interested in top competition.

Great league. Surprised only one Nassau team played in the league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 144 invites went out for the 2025's. LI Lax Journal had some input as did club directors. There may have been other inputs. Some girls filled out applications, others were just selected. Not sure of the "secret sauce".

Junior Open *IS* LI Lax Journal which *IS* FLG Lacrosse. There's the secret sauce, I don't know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well they (LI Lax Journal/FLG) certainly didn't display any anti-YJ bias it would seem as there are a few girls from each of the yj top 3 teams invited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well they (LI Lax Journal/FLG) certainly didn't display any anti-YJ bias it would seem as there are a few girls from each of the yj top 3 teams invited.

If they dont take YJ kids there wont be enough talented players to send to the event. No "secret" that flg doesnt have many strong players. If they want to make money they need to get good players from outside clubs to attend. Plus, did you not see YJ is involved with the event?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great league. Surprised only one Nassau team played in the league.

What league are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only “invite” that matters is the one to play at a great college program. The rest of this is nonsense. All of the social media is intended to rial people up into thinking they’re missing out on something, so they pay unreasonable amount of money to attend unnecessary events. If you play for a good club and get decent playing time, none of this matters. Stop being sheep!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Stony Brook winter league - through LILJ. It was a great experience for my daughter and her team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looked like a great league. Wish we could have had our HS team get out there it was a little too far to travel for some.
Maybe next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your post is about the Junior Open, one of the Heros 2024 Green goalies is going (first wave) and I saw two 2024 M&D Black girls also chosen for the first wave. The 2024 SW Blue goalie was just announced. I’m assuming she was the 2nd wave because the girls “invited” during the first wave we had to accept by 1/31. 2nd wave started 2/1. They will continue inviting until the spots are full. The girls were supposedly hand picked after being seen at summer and fall tournaments. Not sure how true that is, just reporting what I was told by the organizer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post is 100% true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your post is about the Junior Open, one of the Heros 2024 Green goalies is going (first wave) and I saw two 2024 M&D Black girls also chosen for the first wave. The 2024 SW Blue goalie was just announced. I’m assuming she was the 2nd wave because the girls “invited” during the first wave we had to accept by 1/31. 2nd wave started 2/1. They will continue inviting until the spots are full. The girls were supposedly hand picked after being seen at summer and fall tournaments. Not sure how true that is, just reporting what I was told by the organizer.

They didn’t post everyone who they invited. I know several girls that got the invite and had to accept by 1/31 who aren’t posted on Instagram. Looks like it will be a great event with top talent and lots of colleges coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What college coaches will be there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the LILJ Best of the Island event worthwhile? Seems strange to be “selected” and the charged $300. Seems very expensive for a game especially if you’re already committed. Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the LILJ Best of the Island event worthwhile? Seems strange to be “selected” and the charged $300. Seems very expensive for a game especially if you’re already committed. Thoughts?

Already committed? Then why care about the $300 Best of LI accolade? IMO…. Save the $s for books!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Already committed? Then why care about the $300 Best of LI accolade? IMO…. Save the $s for books!

Exactly what I was thinking. Seems like a fun event. A shame it’s such a money grab. How do they justify $300 for a game? I remember when the boys used to have the Nassau-Suffolk game. I think it was about $80 which is reasonable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly what I was thinking. Seems like a fun event. A shame it’s such a money grab. How do they justify $300 for a game? I remember when the boys used to have the Nassau-Suffolk game. I think it was about $80 which is reasonable.

$300 is ridiculous. I don’t know how inflation is trickling down to lacrosse , but it seems to be. Did refereeing and field cost go up!? I think more people are padding their pockets these days! It’s Making the sport even more elitist and that’s too bad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NIKE/USA LACROSSE
HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS’ NATIONAL TOP 25
1. St. Paul’s (Md.)
2. Northport (N.Y.)
3. McDonogh (Md.)
4. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
5. Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.)
6. Stone Ridge (Md.)
7. Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
8. New Canaan (Conn.)
9. Darien (Conn.)
10. Glenelg Country (Md.)
11. Garden City (N.Y.)
12. Loyola Academy (Ill.)
13. Oak Knoll (N.J.)
14. St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes (Va.)
15. Georgetown Visitation (D.C.)
16. Manhasset (N.Y.)
17. Wantagh (N.Y.)
18. Milton (Ga.)
19. Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
20. Cicero-North Syracuse (N.Y.)
21. Moorestown (N.J.)
22. Baldwinsville (N.Y.)
23. Good Counsel (Md.)
24. Penn Charter (Pa.)
25. West Babylon (N.Y.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NIKE/USA LACROSSE
HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS’ NATIONAL TOP 25
1. St. Paul’s (Md.)
2. Northport (N.Y.)
3. McDonogh (Md.)
4. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
5. Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.)
6. Stone Ridge (Md.)
7. Notre Dame Prep (Md.)
8. New Canaan (Conn.)
9. Darien (Conn.)
10. Glenelg Country (Md.)
11. Garden City (N.Y.)
12. Loyola Academy (Ill.)
13. Oak Knoll (N.J.)
14. St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes (Va.)
15. Georgetown Visitation (D.C.)
16. Manhasset (N.Y.)
17. Wantagh (N.Y.)
18. Milton (Ga.)
19. Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
20. Cicero-North Syracuse (N.Y.)
21. Moorestown (N.J.)
22. Baldwinsville (N.Y.)
23. Good Counsel (Md.)
24. Penn Charter (Pa.)
25. West Babylon (N.Y.)

Not sure? How are these rankings calculated from last year during the pandemic year.?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just STOP with EVERYTHING is a "money grab"!!! EVERYTHING is going to cost money, it's your preference where you want to spend that money. Just because you don't to do that event or your daughter doesn't get "accepted" for that event, doesn't make it a "money grab"...ENOUGH

if you have money to burn....it couldn't hurt. then do it and good luck to your kid. But if you are really look to invest in your kids potential college looks, spend it on the prospect camps that your kid specifically want to go to. I have yet to hear of anyone that is recruited from any of these things..thats the advice Ive been given time and again....I think all the advice has been good on this page. Very thoughtful responses from people that have had their kid attend. Go see what they are saying on the Warrior games...Not just sour grapes. Its hard to navigate all this..

Thank you for this response! I have appreciated everyone’s responses on this page and have not considered it to be combative. Not sure what this person has seen as so negative. They obviously haven’t seen the other forums 😂
Yeah that's not true. Last year 6 kids on the same club were on the same UA team at the tryout in NJ. All six kids made it. They are all political. But if your kid is a stud, they'll make the team. That simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just STOP with EVERYTHING is a "money grab"!!! EVERYTHING is going to cost money, it's your preference where you want to spend that money. Just because you don't to do that event or your daughter doesn't get "accepted" for that event, doesn't make it a "money grab"...ENOUGH

if you have money to burn....it couldn't hurt. then do it and good luck to your kid. But if you are really look to invest in your kids potential college looks, spend it on the prospect camps that your kid specifically want to go to. I have yet to hear of anyone that is recruited from any of these things..thats the advice Ive been given time and again....I think all the advice has been good on this page. Very thoughtful responses from people that have had their kid attend. Go see what they are saying on the Warrior games...Not just sour grapes. Its hard to navigate all this..

Thank you for this response! I have appreciated everyone’s responses on this page and have not considered it to be combative. Not sure what this person has seen as so negative. They obviously haven’t seen the other forums 😂
Yeah that's not true. Last year 6 kids on the same club were on the same UA team at the tryout in NJ. All six kids made it. They are all political. But if your kid is a stud, they'll make the team. That simple.

I like the advice I read on a boys forum on recruiting.

Identify 10 schools that fit your child academically, socially, and that is a good fit for lacrosse for your child. Fill out the student/athlete questionnaires on their websites. Send out intro Email and highlight film. Attend the schools prospect camps and identify a couple of showcases that they will be attending.

My addition to that , is to make sure to email more than once! Email with follow ups if player has some new highlights, school, sport, social accolades that may get the school interested in the player as a good fit for their school.

Good Luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Identify 10 schools that fit your child academically, socially, and that is a good fit for lacrosse for your child. Fill out the student/athlete questionnaires on their websites. Send out intro Email and highlight film. Attend the schools prospect camps and identify a couple of showcases that they will be attending.

My addition to that , is to make sure to email more than once! Email with follow ups if player has some new highlights, school, sport, social accolades that may get the school interested in the player as a good fit for their school.

Good Luck to all.

Sound advice.

I would recommend casting a wider net. Unless your daughter is truly a top tier player that just about every coach will be interested in. Target some reach schools (academic and lacrosse) but also try to identify the caliber of programs that might be interested in your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Luck to all.

Sound advice.

I would recommend casting a wider net. Unless your daughter is truly a top tier player that just about every coach will be interested in. Target some reach schools (academic and lacrosse) but also try to identify the caliber of programs that might be interested in your daughter.

Agree, and with over 500 colleges offering women’s lacrosse, may as well reach out to more than 10. Can’t hurt. Web Search says 550 colleges offer 4 year women’s lacrosse programs. Plenty of opportunities for every girl who wants to play in college. Good luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax journal watch list came out yesterday and it’s clear today that parents complained to get more additions. What’s the point of these lists if they get watered down? Does anyone care about them? I can’t wrap my head around it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax journal watch list came out yesterday and it’s clear today that parents complained to get more additions. What’s the point of these lists if they get watered down? Does anyone care about them? I can’t wrap my head around it

I don’t know how they are making that list? Are they asking HS/Club coaches about the players? I think You can send a girls name to them? How do they know what players are “the ones” to watch!? We should watch them all and let the playing speak for itself .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watered down is an understatement, how many are on the list? "Watch List" what are we supposed to be watching for?

Like Reply Quote
Page 186 of 214 1 2 184 185 186 187 188 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard