BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 87 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Curious what type of recruiting Spaulding did that was so different?

Definitely started alot earlier (like 6th grade)

This is shocking to me as a parent of a 2027. Maybe she's not interested in my kid, or any of her teammates because we've heard really nothing from Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
better off going to Mt De Sales, Severn, Garrison Forest, St Marys and playing possibly in 9th grade vs going to Spalding/MCD/NDP/SPSG and waiting 2/3 years to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is shocking to me as a parent of a 2027. Maybe she's not interested in my kid, or any of her teammates because we've heard really nothing from Spalding.
Parents don't go around and tell ALL, if you ask they will be vague and are always circling back and never give straight answers. They are sneaky and playing and manipulating every angle possible. You and your kid will be left out, trust me I have seen numerous times. Good Luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents don't go around and tell ALL, if you ask they will be vague and are always circling back and never give straight answers. They are sneaky and playing and manipulating every angle possible. You and your kid will be left out, trust me I have seen numerous times. Good Luck

Totally agree, and some parents may be playing coy, but we do have a corp group that does trade stories, share info.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once the 26's are confimred once acceptance letters go out, you will see the HS coaches coming out in the spring and summer

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding Coach does an excellent job at recruiting. She blew other local private school coaches away. They are recruiting 26’s from quite a few clubs. Admissions for spalding though is announced in mid-Feb so we’ll see who actually commits.

Can you confirm your opinion is from a non Integrity parent perspective?

Pretty shocked to hear that knowing the local private coaches

St Marys does not recruit for girls or boys compared to every other MIAA school. Open up that check book that the Royal Blue has

You don’t know what your talking about re: SMA boys.

SMA boys are being completely out recruited by every other school in AA county right now. That is 100% fact.

Half of the 26 Hawks go to SMA already. Maybe they don’t need to do as much recruiting vs Spalding which has no kids already enrolled. Just a thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
better off going to Mt De Sales, Severn, Garrison Forest, St Marys and playing possibly in 9th grade vs going to Spalding/MCD/NDP/SPSG and waiting 2/3 years to play.

Only a stud plays right away at Severn. They got a good young core. They will finish top half this year. (Note: I am a Bryn Mawr parent; they should have beat us last year.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once the 26's are confimred once acceptance letters go out, you will see the HS coaches coming out in the spring and summer

Yes, this is how its been told to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once the 26's are confimred once acceptance letters go out, you will see the HS coaches coming out in the spring and summer[/quote]

Yes, this is how its been told to me.[/quote]

So what school is going to get the majority of top 8th graders?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, this is how its been told to me.[/quote]

So what school is going to get the majority of top 8th graders?[/quote
Spalding of course!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what school is going to get the majority of top 8th graders?[/quote]
Spalding of course!![/quote]

Yeah… no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah… no.[/quote]
Take a joke… it’s called sarcasm. Lighten up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah… no.[/quote]

Lots of schools historically get more from certain clubs

eg. Maryvale, John Carroll from SW
SPSG, GC from Heros
Mcdonogh from M&D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for parents who have been through the process before.

Our daughter is a 26, who starts at midfield for a top-10 club. Feedback from both club and some college camps is that she will likely project as a defender if she want to play at a top 10 or top 20 school.

Should we make a position switch at the club level now? Club director and coach have left it up to us. Said she will start regardless of what she chooses.

Does it help our hurt to actually place defense if you will be recruited as a defender? She is play middie in high school, mostly because her high school is not a top program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middies play defense. Let the college coach determine where she plays. Keep her at middie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our daughter is a 26, who starts at midfield for a top-10 club. Feedback from both club and some college camps is that she will likely project as a defender if she want to play at a top 10 or top 20 school.

Should we make a position switch at the club level now? Club director and coach have left it up to us. Said she will start regardless of what she chooses.

Does it help our hurt to actually place defense if you will be recruited as a defender? She is play middie in high school, mostly because her high school is not a top program.

Coaches love midfielders in general because they can play both sides and are more versatile. I'd stay midfield because she will have more opportunities to make positive impact plays - assists, good clears, CT on the ride, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many boys and girls go from being a top scoring middie in high school to a top short stick defender in college - coaches put athletes on the field period

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay in Midfield!! Too young still to be told that. She still has time to work in all positions, and should!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that will impress anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe some LBC girls are going to Spalding.
Not sure that will impress anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must have impressed the coach that recruited them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For a 26, keep her at middie and give her more time to develop. If she was a 24, this would be a trickier conversation.

In the era of the transfer portal, coaches want fewer girls transitioning positions and want defenders who actually want to play there. If she is a clear defender as a 24, she should probably be playing there in the top games/showcases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC goalie gotta be one of the best at 2026, Hero's Green and M&D goalies, notwithstanding.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

For a 26, keep her at middie and give her more time to develop. If she was a 24, this would be a trickier conversation.

In the era of the transfer portal, coaches want fewer girls transitioning positions and want defenders who actually want to play there. If she is a clear defender as a 24, she should probably be playing there in the top games/showcases.

Had this exact conversation with our club director for my 24. She's been a middie her whole career, but excels on defense. She slept on it and decided to move the defense for club, but is still playing middie for high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC goalie gotta be one of the best at 2026, Hero's Green and M&D goalies, notwithstanding.
M and D black Goalie and Heroes Green goalie are far the BEST in the 26 goalie group. Integrity green goalie is right up there as well. LBC goalie? Nope

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M and D black Goalie and Heroes Green goalie are far the BEST in the 26 goalie group. Integrity green goalie is right up there as well. LBC goalie? Nope

Integrity goalie is not even close to the others. Cmon Mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, we agree to disagree. Yes integrity 26 goalie very good, too. 2026 is a strong goalie group,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, we agree to disagree. Yes integrity 26 goalie very good, too. 2026 is a strong goalie group,

I heard LBC goalie quit and going to either Hero’s or Integrity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which one? They are both pretty good, but neither is amazing. Like most 13 year olds they have really good days and really bad days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Facts. Mom is a loose cannon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC girls are leaving at an alarming rate. The program is falling apart

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Integrity goalie is not even close to the others. Cmon Mom.
Not a mom of either of these goalies. I have watched all the goalies play and those three stand out. Maybe take time to watch a game or two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She’ll have to be that’s much better than the goalie(s) they have to knock their own out- good luck w that one LBC. A year of tournaments playing sub par teams is critical in development and player growth. The top ones will stay, they’ll continue getting better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW. Mid-season. Isn't her mother the coach of that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also biggest Hypocrite Ever!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should be ashamed of yourself. You have a right to an opinion but we are talking 14 year old girls here. To anonymously bash a kid is a bad look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In reference to the mom being a loose cannon. She'll be calm when her daughter starts a new team but a tiger doesn't change his/her stripes. If she tries to befriend you watch out. Good luck with that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put her against some strong competitors you will have a different perspective

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the LBC mom didn't want to pay tuition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should be ashamed of yourself. You have a right to an opinion but we are talking 14 year old girls here. To anonymously bash a kid is a bad look.

So when it's your kid you should be ashamed and it's a bad look? Got it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 87 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard