BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 87 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Really- Lots of D1 commits rarely or never play in iaam- goalies included.
Can you explain? Are you saying if you are committed to a D1 program you will not play? I’m confused by your comment.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely agree! Just like most other IAAM schools, the best players stay on the field. Some of those players happen to be from Integrity...and M&d and MDU...give it a rest people/person. Spalding has great talent now and the upcoming years from many clubs.

And everyone practices, just a large roster last year after girls were told that they wouldn’t play but they were given the option to be cut or stay and basically be on the practice team. My older daughter was one of those girls and still loved cheering on her friends from the sidelines. We have absolutely loved SP and the lax program.

Let’s move on people- your daughters actually read the garbage your irresponsibly and erroneously post.

So D1 offered players were going to be cut or they could stay on practice team? There's enough smoke to realize that there is a lot of truth to what is/was going on.

As an outsider, it really is a bad look to have a varsity HS coach affiliated with a club team.
I know there are other schools but its just a bad look.

Also, when do 2026 girls "declare" for a HS? Is there some date they must register?

Yes all MIAA schools will send out acceptance letters and you must register or declare. Each school may be different but it's all within the same time window

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got a DD that is looking at Spalding but the Integrity connection is a huge turnoff.

One player parent told me that they don't allow the full team to practice? Some have to sit and watch (one of which was commited to D1 team)?

Stay far away from Spalding if you want what is best for your daughter.
Administration and parents allow this to happen? I’ve never heard of a high school operate like this. I am floored this is allowed. So only the favorites practice and play?

Not one 26 from Hero's Green or M&D or SW is going to Spalding. NOT ONE.

Guess we will see come Feb, you might be surprised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got a DD that is looking at Spalding but the Integrity connection is a huge turnoff.

One player parent told me that they don't allow the full team to practice? Some have to sit and watch (one of which was commited to D1 team)?

Administration and parents allow this to happen? I’ve never heard of a high school operate like this. I am floored this is allowed. So only the favorites practice and play?

If your daughter is good she will play. It would not matter if she plays for the Jets, Looneys or any other random club. The Integrity grip is a crutch used by parents of players, who may be ok but, are not good enough to play in the IAAM.

IF YOUR DAUGHTER IS BETTER SHE WILLL PLAY, stop crying.

FACTS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your daughter is good she will play. It would not matter if she plays for the Jets, Looneys or any other random club. The Integrity grip is a crutch used by parents of players, who may be ok but, are not good enough to play in the IAAM.

My DD plays at St Mary’s and I know many of the girls who play for Spalding. I have watched most of these players for years. The best Spalding players were not on the field when SM beat them. Not sure who played in other games but it was like the coaches wanted to lose. Of course SM players were happy to win.

You really think that the coaches wanted them to lose? Most ridiculous comment today.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you explain? Are you saying if you are committed to a D1 program you will not play? I’m confused by your comment.

I think they are saying that just because you aren't a starter doesn't mean you aren't a D1 talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely agree! Just like most other IAAM schools, the best players stay on the field. Some of those players happen to be from Integrity...and M&d and MDU...give it a rest people/person. Spalding has great talent now and the upcoming years from many clubs.

And everyone practices, just a large roster last year after girls were told that they wouldn’t play but they were given the option to be cut or stay and basically be on the practice team. My older daughter was one of those girls and still loved cheering on her friends from the sidelines. We have absolutely loved SP and the lax program.

Let’s move on people- your daughters actually read the garbage your irresponsibly and erroneously post.

So D1 offered players were going to be cut or they could stay on practice team? There's enough smoke to realize that there is a lot of truth to what is/was going on.

As an outsider, it really is a bad look to have a varsity HS coach affiliated with a club team.

Also, when do 2026 girls "declare" for a HS? Is there some date they must register?

Was it a bad look when the M&D director was coaching at Mcd? Or when the former Integrity director was coaching at Spalding?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes plenty of D1 commits never step out on the field even in their senior year. NDP carries 40+ players almost every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it a bad look when the M&D director was coaching at Mcd? Or when the former Integrity director was coaching at Spalding?

Or current integrity director? Or Current 26 black coach at St. Paul’s? It’s a common thing, happens with boys too.

Not saying it’s right or wrong but it is common.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My DD plays at St Mary’s and I know many of the girls who play for Spalding. I have watched most of these players for years. The best Spalding players were not on the field when SM beat them. Not sure who played in other games but it was like the coaches wanted to lose. Of course SM players were happy to win.

You really think that the coaches wanted them to lose? Most ridiculous comment today.

I didn’t write the comment above but I think their point was not that they wanted them to lose but that the coach evaluated the players differently than the poster.

I think we call all agree that different people look at players differently for whatever reason.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they are saying that just because you aren't a starter doesn't mean you aren't a D1 talent.

I think what they are saying is just because you are a D1 commit doesn't make you a starter or even should see the field. Just because you commit D1 doesn't mean you see the field in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or current integrity director? Or Current 26 black coach at St. Paul’s? It’s a common thing, happens with boys too.

Years ago coaches (Integrity, Hawks, and a couple soccer clubs) who owned clubs had to resign their positions and either step away from their club or resign as a coach at their high schools. You can coach just NOT own the club. Not sure why the Integrity owner (TR) is allowed to coach but I am sure there is a loophole somewhere and is why she is still coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, that's literally what I said. Its a bad look, and all due respect to Integrity, it isn't M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think she's willing to play young Integrity players over non Integrity upper classman who are better now in order to try to win down the road, yes. That experience is going to help the underclassman in 2-3 years and that is what I think the coach is focused on.

At end of day, she either will reap the benefits or get canned, (but next time it sticks) but I wouldn't want to use Integrity as my feeder club, I'll just say that much.
M&D or Hero's, sign me up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Years ago coaches (Integrity, Hawks, and a couple soccer clubs) who owned clubs had to resign their positions and either step away from their club or resign as a coach at their high schools. You can coach just NOT own the club. Not sure why the Integrity owner (TR) is allowed to coach but I am sure there is a loophole somewhere and is why she is still coaching.

Not allowed by who?

Wonder how C got around that at McD. He didn’t leave for a rule.

There wasn’t a rule that made H leave SMA, it was something else. I know that one first hand.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: No name mentions
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question for 2026 parents -- did any of your kids attend the Apex Girls Futures 2026 event October? Considering for my 2027 daughter next year.

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question for 2026 parents -- did any of your kids attend the Apex Girls Futures 2026 event October? Considering for my 2027 daughter next year.

Thanks

Daughter and several of her teammates went. Good event, a bit overpriced. They did a combine which was very fun for the girls. Tons of talent at the camp, especially the all-star game. Was suprised by the talent level from some girls from outside the east coast, especially Colorado. Daughter said there were only around 5 or 6 girls who really didn't belong there.

Camp was small around 75 girls which made for lots of reps at PT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

Daughter and several of her teammates went. Good event, a bit overpriced. They did a combine which was very fun for the girls. Tons of talent at the camp, especially the all-star game. Was suprised by the talent level from some girls from outside the east coast, especially Colorado. Daughter said there were only around 5 or 6 girls who really didn't belong there.

Boys was around $800, was it the same for the girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question for 2026 parents -- did any of your kids attend the Apx Girls Futures 2026 event October? Considering for my 2027 daughter next year.

Thanks

Daughter and several of her teammates went. Good event, a bit overpriced. They did a combine which was very fun for the girls. Tons of talent at the camp, especially the all-star game. Was surprised by the talent level from some girls from outside the east coast, especially Colorado. Daughter said there were only around 5 or 6 girls who really didn't belong there.

Wow! $800 that’s a lot of money, I guess all these showcases and events know parents will pay it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question for 2026 parents -- did any of your kids attend the Apx Girls Futures 2026 event October? Considering for my 2027 daughter next year.

Thanks

Daughter and several of her teammates went. Good event, a bit overpriced. They did a combine which was very fun for the girls. Tons of talent at the camp, especially the all-star game. Was surprised by the talent level from some girls from outside the east coast, especially Colorado. Daughter said there were only around 5 or 6 girls who really didn't belong there.

Wow! $800 that’s a lot of money, I guess all these showcases and events know parents will pay it.

Lacrosse is irrational from a $ perspective. That was one we actually didn’t do because of price. I don’t think there has been a time where we held out because of money prior to that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

Lacrosse is irrational from a $ perspective. That was one we actually didn’t do because of price. I don’t think there has been a time where we held out because of money prior to that.

If people saved up all the money they spent on lacrosse over the years, you'd benefit more financially then you ever do getting that fraction of scholarship $ from a college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

If people saved up all the money they spent on lacrosse over the years, you'd benefit more financially then you ever do getting that fraction of scholarship $ from a college.

So my daughters (older and one 2026) have been to a showcase on Long Island for a company College Bound Laxers and I really enjoy their events. They are small but with great coaches, and a high coach to player ration. But with one thing made by the last commenter, playing travel lacrosse or any sport teaches you child a lot of great attributes to have that carry over in life. Additionally, if it wasn’t for the und1sputed showcase, not sure if my daughter would be committed there and I say that because we know for certain that X college only saw my daughter play there and then eventually at other team tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]question for 2026 parents -- did any of your kids attend the Apex Girls Futures 2026 event October? Considering for my 2027 daughter next year.

Thanks

Supposedly $450. Don't know for sure. Teammate was already accepted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do 2026s who are going to private schools need to declare for that High School?

Any idea on what HS is going to get the best influx of talent in this class? Its McDonough pulling M&D Black players?
Will Hero's Green girls go to BR's new school now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do 2026s who are going to private schools need to declare for that High School?

Any idea on what HS is going to get the best influx of talent in this class? Its McDonough pulling M&D Black players?

Now is the time. McD, StP, NDP and JC have nice classes shaping up so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So does Spalding, SMA is thin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is Spalding pulling from club wise? (other than Integrity which are very good at 2026 level)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding Coach does an excellent job at recruiting. She blew other local private school coaches away. They are recruiting 26’s from quite a few clubs. Admissions for spalding though is announced in mid-Feb so we’ll see who actually commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding Coach does an excellent job at recruiting. She blew other local private school coaches away. They are recruiting 26’s from quite a few clubs. Admissions for spalding though is announced in mid-Feb so we’ll see who actually commits.

Can you confirm your opinion is from a non Integrity parent perspective?

Pretty shocked to hear that knowing the local private coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious what type of recruiting Spaulding did that was so different?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe some LBC girls are going to Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St Marys does not recruit for girls or boys compared to every other MIAA school. Open up that check book that the Royal Blue has

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is Spalding pulling from club wise? (other than Integrity which are very good at 2026 level)

Spalding has a couple of ‘25 M&D Black players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St Marys does not recruit for girls or boys compared to every other MIAA school. Open up that check book that the Royal Blue has

You don’t know what your talking about re: SMA boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter does not play for integrity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don’t know what your talking about re: SMA boys.

SMA boys are being completely out recruited by every other school in AA county right now. That is 100% fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They promised more financial help than other schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely started alot earlier (like 6th grade)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They promised more financial help than other schools.
It's all relative. And individual. Your financial aid package is often contingent upon the student's grades, athletic prowess AND "ordered preference" of Top 3 schools.
Catholic schools are not getting into bidding wars against themselves.

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 87 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard