Watch TDSports Live Stream Today: Comsewogue vs ESM Girls' Lacrosse at 2:00pm & St Anthony's vs Sacred Heart at 6:00pm! Go-to Forums-BOTC Main Forum-HS Games Live Stream | TDSports. Enjoy!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/17/22 09:56 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/17/22 09:47 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/17/22 09:13 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/17/22 09:09 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/17/22 08:55 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,071
Posts334,762
Members2,434
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 84 of 103 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 102 103
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #363894 01/24/22 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, 3D, Mad Dog, ADVNC, UNRL, etc all have national teams with kids from multiple states that play together in some tourneys. I'm guessing many of the western teams draw kids from over 100 miles i.e. West Coast Starz, Colorado Kings, Texas Mustangs.

I'm sure the tourney doesn't want to discourage these western programs from participating . . . but including these national programs would change the feel of the event. I'm not sure of the best way to address this.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #363896 01/24/22 03:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
100 miles and you have to be part of the regular roster. The old organizer never verified this. For that matter, the old organizer didn't care who entered so long as the check didn't bounce.

How many teams do you know have any players on a 7th grade club team with players living over 100 miles away?

Not sure if you want the names of clubs or if this is a competition to see who can name more.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364055 01/25/22 09:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100 miles and you have to be part of the regular roster. The old organizer never verified this. For that matter, the old organizer didn't care who entered so long as the check didn't bounce.

How many teams do you know have any players on a 7th grade club team with players living over 100 miles away?

Sweetlax, FL has kids who live in Baltimore on the team.
So yes, it happens.
Pathetic, but it happens.

Sorry your son got bumped. Have him Hit The Wall !!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364074 01/26/22 12:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, 3D, Mad Dog, ADVNC, UNRL, etc all have national teams with kids from multiple states that play together in some tourneys. I'm guessing many of the western teams draw kids from over 100 miles i.e. West Coast Starz, Colorado Kings, Texas Mustangs.

I'm sure the tourney doesn't want to discourage these western programs from participating . . . but including these national programs would change the feel of the event. I'm not sure of the best way to address this.

The Colorado Kings pull from a 40 mile radius in south Denver. They are not a national team. The Texas Mustangs pull from the Dallas area.. The Colorado Kings have a WSYL team, but I don’t believe the Mustangs will have one as several of their players age out.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364085 01/26/22 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So yes, it happens.

So yes, it happens.

What do you expect? MD kids will always beat out FL kids.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #364091 01/26/22 10:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren’t discouraging the clubs, they are discouraging the club’s national teams. Highly unlikely it will be enforced.

Can’t wait to see the quality of the qualifiers.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364129 01/26/22 01:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Colorado Kings pull from a 40 mile radius in south Denver. They are not a national team. The Texas Mustangs pull from the Dallas area.. The Colorado Kings have a WSYL team, but I don’t believe the Mustangs will have one as several of their players age out.

So the Kings didn’t have players from Texas on the squad that won NLF in the summer? I heard otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #364160 01/26/22 04:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did. I don’t know the affiliation between the 2 clubs but they do seem to coordinate.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364179 01/26/22 08:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did. I don’t know the affiliation between the 2 clubs but they do seem to coordinate.

I had no idea that any part of Texas was within a 40 mile radius of Denver.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364187 01/26/22 09:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess geophagy wasnt your best subject

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #364189 01/26/22 09:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that folks are trying to pull WSYL together, but I will be surprised if it happens. Qualifiers are in just over a month, and it would need to be further along if it was for real.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364193 01/26/22 11:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mustangs were at NLF as well, so don’t think they coordinate. They are a Denver club.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364195 01/26/22 11:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the Kings didn’t have players from Texas on the squad that won NLF in the summer? I heard otherwise.

You guys just can’t cope with losing to a team from Colorado. Give props where it’s due. That team is good and not a national team. The Kings and Mustangs play together at Nationals LC. That’s it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364199 01/27/22 12:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys just can’t cope with losing to a team from Colorado. Give props where it’s due. That team is good and not a national team. The Kings and Mustangs play together at Nationals LC. That’s it.

HOCO Rules!!!

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #364618 01/31/22 12:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we have a list of the elite teams for hoco yet?

Like Reply Quote
Page 84 of 103 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 102 103
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard