Watch TDSports Live Stream Today: Smithtown West vs Sachem East Boys' Lacrosse at 4:30pm! Go-to Forums-BOTC Main Forum-HS Games Live Stream | TDSports. Enjoy!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
2028 Girls
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:18 PM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:14 PM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:13 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 10:44 PM
Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 10:40 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,061
Posts334,827
Members2,431
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 121 of 171 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 170 171
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #364042 01/25/22 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Two more st ants kids added to best in class - oneYJ and one legacy plus one Commack Jesters player. Seems to be top talent for sure.

Was this an application process?

Yes application solely chosen on accolades and whole game and highlight film. No coach or club reccoemdnations. Based solely on talent. Great lineup of coaches and trainers at the event as well.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #364049 01/25/22 08:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“What specifically do you expect?”

At the very least some resources and guidance!
“What specifically do you expect?”

At the very least some resources and guidance!

Specifically, what kind of resources and exactly what would you like guidance on?

I’m not trying to be an Meanyjust trying to help people understand that parents and players have to take things into their own hands.

It appears that some of you are not able to articulate exactly the type of help that you are seeking.

I have been through this process multiple times, each time there have been a number of parents of players on kids teams that become frustrated and most of the time it is because they have unrealistic sense of where their daughter stands in relation to other players including teammates. If let’s say coaches from BC, UNC, Northwestern, Maryland, Syracuse, Princeton, Penn, Notre Dame, Duke and Virginia all watch the kid play on multiple occasions and none of the coaches are willing to offer the player a spot it’s not because the club didn’t help. The players that receive offers from programs of that caliber in general do not need any help.

If you are looking for help, take the time to identify specifically what you would like the club/director/coach to help with.

If you want them to call a college coach , then ask them to do it.

If you would like guidance on which camps to go to or which showcases to go to, then ask.

Do not sit and wait for the club…. Take action and ask for what you want / need.

Well said.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364060 01/25/22 09:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two more st ants kids added to best in class - oneYJ and one legacy plus one Commack Jesters player. Seems to be top talent for sure.

Yes application solely chosen on accolades and whole game and highlight film. No coach or club reccoemdnations. Based solely on talent. Great lineup of coaches and trainers at the event as well.

So these spots werent chosen for who the girls coaches know?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #364063 01/25/22 10:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s amazing to see so many 2023s committing every day
And plenty of 2022s also. We wish them all luck and it continues to be a learning experience. What an exciting time for them an their families.
Makes me glad that I listened to those who told us to relax in the fall because 2024 year had plenty of time and it was still very early.
Also, makes me aware of those that tried to promote the hype and fear to make a buck. You are Greedy!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364065 01/25/22 10:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And plenty of 2022s also. We wish them all luck and it continues to be a learning experience. What an exciting time for them an their families.
Makes me glad that I listened to those who told us to relax in the fall because 2024 year had plenty of time and it was still very early.
Also, makes me aware of those that tried to promote the hype and fear to make a buck. You are Greedy!!!

24s have a bunch of time but early bird gets the worm

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #364066 01/25/22 10:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024’s if your kid is good enough to play at a top 10+ school than the only tears she’ll shed is she signed at Duke not ND or Virginia not UNC / UPenn not Yale etc. If kids just really good than try a reach but get to several camps / prospect days or small multi school camps so daughter can get personally face to face in front of coach(s) of programs that are attainable. Make the coach who’s attending those big tourneys want to go see her play not just her team vs other team play. Good luck all

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364068 01/25/22 10:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So these spots werent chosen for who the girls coaches know?

Are u going to answer your own questions or are you waiting for somebody else to do it?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364075 01/26/22 03:22 AM
S
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
S
Junior Open....Yes, best I can tell its the 1st year. In addition to information being tough to find it says teams will be coached by HS and club coaches. Saw an ad for it on instagram showcasing an individual player that is attending from a club ranked in 100s I never heard of in Ohio. It does not appear to be attracting top level talent or college coaches. The ad also says to have credit card ready.

HAHA $850 right after the 4th no thanks. Hard Pass!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364089 01/26/22 10:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024’s if your kid is good enough to play at a top 10+ school than the only tears she’ll shed is she signed at Duke not ND or Virginia not UNC / UPenn not Yale etc. If kids just really good than try a reach but get to several camps / prospect days or small multi school camps so daughter can get personally face to face in front of coach(s) of programs that are attainable. Make the coach who’s attending those big tourneys want to go see her play not just her team vs other team play. Good luck all

Incoherent rambling.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364106 01/26/22 11:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Early bird may get the worm but clearly not Armageddon if you didn’t get an offer in the the fall.

Take note that it’s almost feb and Schools are not done with 2022 and 2023. It’s actually very busy so take note of the person who gives you the fake news in order to fill their pockets and don’t trust them moving forward.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #364108 01/26/22 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incoherent rambling.

I actually get what this person is saying,
In a nutshell…..

Stay away from the MONEYCRAB !!
And Anyone trying to sell you on the idea !!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364116 01/26/22 12:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364120 01/26/22 12:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean?

Seriously! Doesn’t matter how early the girl is , if the coach(es) is not interested in her. By the time the girls are 24s, the top 20 are prob. known for the most part. The ones who have to worry about 9/1 phone calls! Other than that, girls have time throughout the process to get seen. No need to panic in the Fall of 10th grade. Plenty of opportunities are out there for all the lacrosse girls. Relax, think clearly and be realistic.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364121 01/26/22 12:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incoherent rambling.

I actually get what this person is saying,
In a nutshell…..

Stay away from the MONEYCRAB !!
And Anyone trying to sell you on the idea !!

Again with the money grab nonsense. Why do people care what others do? If you want to send your daughter to an event send her, if you do not want to then don't send her. You do not have to go to any events or you can go to all of them.

I guess what the person is trying to say is that if your daughter is the type of player that is going to receive offers from Top 10 caliber programs the process will not be very stressful. If your daughter is not of that caliber you have to go to prospect days and camps. I agree with that, the large majority of players from LI will not be receiving offers from Top 10 - 20 type programs it just the way it is.

Not everything is a money grab, If there is a showcase/camp/prospect day or whatever and a coach from a school that your daughter is truly interested in I would say it worth going.

The reality is that parents complain when their daughter is overlooked, they whine if their daughter doesn't make a select team like Under Armour, they claim events are money grabs if their daughter does not receive interest or an offer after attending, they will bash the IL rankings if their daughter is not recognized and I am sure they will complain and cry politics when other players start committing.

Nuts!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364130 01/26/22 01:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Early bird may get the worm but clearly not Armageddon if you didn’t get an offer in the the fall.

Take note that it’s almost feb and Schools are not done with 2022 and 2023. It’s actually very busy so take note of the person who gives you the fake news in order to fill their pockets and don’t trust them moving forward.

There is one coach/club that was trying to get people to bounce with some fake news that they were doing it better and that all their low level peeps were getting looks.
Yeah well ….so much for that!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 121 of 171 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 170 171
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard