Watch TDSports Live Stream Today: Smithtown West vs Sachem East Boys' Lacrosse at 4:30pm! Go-to Forums-BOTC Main Forum-HS Games Live Stream | TDSports. Enjoy!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
2028 Girls
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:18 PM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:14 PM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:13 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 10:44 PM
Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 10:40 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,061
Posts334,827
Members2,431
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 121 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 120 121
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #364079 01/26/22 08:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You can call it boasting, I call it truthing-
No one is beating M&D this year. Its wishful thinking on your part.
A better, more realistic question is if anyone can give us a game and stay within 2-3 goals.
There might be one or two teams who can have a good day, but if recent results are any indicator, no one likely will. Including Hero's.

That’s the thing with recent results, they tend to change.

Recipe to win is simple, but difficult, win the draws, don’t turn it over and have good goalie / defense play.

Slow the game down, don’t try to get into a shoot out with M&D.

Slow the game down = playing scared

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #364081 01/26/22 09:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A better, more realistic question is if anyone can give us a game and stay within 2-3 goals.
There might be one or two teams who can have a good day, but if recent results are any indicator, no one likely will. Including Hero's.

Recipe to win is simple, but difficult, win the draws, don’t turn it over and have good goalie / defense play.

Tell me you don't know lacrosse without telling me you don't know lacrosse.

If you aren't likely to win the DC battle, the more goals scored, the less likely you are to get possession.

You don't want transition offenses to take over the game. You slow it down. You wait for a good shot on goal. Maybe force a shooting space or 3 sec goal.

Proof is in Pudding:

NEMS 8-7 over M&D
BLC 7-3 over M&D
M&D 6-5 over Aces
YJ A 7-6 over Hero's Green
MDU 5-3 over YJ A
LBS 6-5 over Hero's Green
Eagle Stix 6-2 over M&D

You try to pull an upset in a 13-12 game, its not going to happen. You must limit possessions. Rely on defense/goalie to make stops.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364083 01/26/22 10:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you aren't likely to win the DC battle, the more goals scored, the less likely you are to get possession.

You don't want transition offenses to take over the game. You slow it down. You wait for a good shot on goal. Maybe force a shooting space or 3 sec goal.

Proof is in Pudding:

NEMS 8-7 over M&D
BLC 7-3 over M&D
M&D 6-5 over Aces
MDU 5-3 over YJ A
Eagle Stix 6-2 over M&D

You try to pull an upset in a 13-12 game, its not going to happen. You must limit possessions. Rely on defense/goalie to make stops.

Again, wishful thinking. Any time we have lost its been in the offseason or with girls missing. No one is coming close to us when we are at full strength.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #364087 01/26/22 10:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can honestly say, with 22 man roster, I'm not sure we've ever had the full roster healthy and at "full strength", lol.

But if you want to use that excuse, go for it. Eaglestix dominated M&D, two goals? Really? I watched the game, you guys couldn't get a GB or win a DC.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364090 01/26/22 10:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proof is in Pudding:

NEMS 8-7 over M&D
BLC 7-3 over M&D
M&D 6-5 over Aces
MDU 5-3 over YJ A
Eagle Stix 6-2 over M&D

Again, wishful thinking. Any time we have lost its been in the offseason or with girls missing. No one is coming close to us when we are at full strength.

Is M&D the best team in MD, yes? Are they completely dominant? not even close. Are they as dominant as Hero's Green 26s were last year? maybe.

All that said, remember strange things happen in girls lacrosse, especially in tourneys, even more so in 20 minute knockout games? What happens if they have a game played on a small field which neutralizes draws controls?

What happens when they go to the northeast where refs manage the game more college style and let the girls play? What happens when they have to play a team which is much more physical than them like Aces or YJ? What happens when they have to play a team with a better goalie like YJ? What happens when they play an offense which executes better than their like Eagle Stix.

Do I think M&D will go undefeated in NGLL mid-atlantic? More than likely. Do I think they will win NGLL nationals? more probable than not. Do I think they will go undefeated and untied over the summer? Highly, highly doubtful.

Their biggest challenge will be Lax For the Cure when they likely will have to beat Aces, YJ, Heros in front of northeast refs.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #364096 01/26/22 10:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I enjoy the arrogance to be honest of M&D, its good to have a team you dislike, if we ever knock them off, it will be that much better.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364097 01/26/22 11:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I enjoy the arrogance to be honest of M&D, its good to have a team you dislike, if we ever knock them off, it will be that much better.

Way to have goals in life. Disliking a girls lacrosse team. I'm so glad my daughter plays a lower division. Some of you parents are embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364098 01/26/22 11:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to have goals in life. Disliking a girls lacrosse team. I'm so glad my daughter plays a lower division. Some of you parents are embarrassing.

My daughter guest played on a 2026 B level team for a tourney this fall due to covid. If anything, B level parents are worse. (everything is unfair, my daughter should be playing at a higher level, etc.)

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364099 01/26/22 11:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've never had any issues with M&D or Hero's parents or players. Things can get a bit animated during games. But it never crossed the lines. I know the dad at Hero's people are talking about. He's always been friendly during games. And M&D parents seem pretty chill.

The funny thing is most of the people on here trying to stir up trouble, probably will show up to either one or both of their tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364102 01/26/22 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not spiteful, I wish those girls nothing but the best, but yes, I want to beat them even more. Its clear, at least from one parent's perspective, that respect is not a two way street. A little humble pie is a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #364104 01/26/22 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've never had any issues with M&D or Hero's parents or players. Things can get a bit animated during games. But it never crossed the lines. I know the dad at Hero's people are talking about. He's always been friendly during games. And M&D parents seem pretty chill.

The funny thing is most of the people on here trying to stir up trouble, probably will show up to either one or both of their tryouts.

I concur, Hero's Dad is a super nice guy, outgoing, friendly. Never had any problems with M&D either. Most parents are good.

Now some YJ and Prime Time? That's a bit different, but they grow differently but there.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364111 01/26/22 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not spiteful, I wish those girls nothing but the best, but yes, I want to beat them even more. Its clear, at least from one parent's perspective, that respect is not a two way street. A little humble pie is a good thing.

A look to the future- You're gonna be disappointed this spring.
You're not gonna beat us. You'll be lucky to give us a competitive game in the second half.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364114 01/26/22 12:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A look to the future- You're gonna be disappointed this spring.
You're not gonna beat us. You'll be lucky to give us a competitive game in the second half.

I would assume this is a troll from New York or similar. You guys keep taking the bait and he keeps reeling you in

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364169 01/26/22 06:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I concur, Hero's Dad is a super nice guy, outgoing, friendly. Never had any problems with M&D either. Most parents are good.

Now some YJ and Prime Time? That's a bit different, but they grow differently but there.

YJ and PT parents arent bad, except for one PT dad who thinks he is the coach. Upstate parents (aces, monster) are 10x worse.

Within MD, with one exception across top clubs (LBC) MD parents aren't that bad. Across top MD 26 teams on the other hand....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364317 01/27/22 07:49 PM
S
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
S
27 Renegades parents that made me shake head last summer, was like with guys they are 12. After every goal they were blasting the song "Renegade" and parents were super aggressive towards other parents, refs and players.

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 121 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 120 121
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard