BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 112 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I enjoy the arrogance to be honest of M&D, its good to have a team you dislike, if we ever knock them off, it will be that much better.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I enjoy the arrogance to be honest of M&D, its good to have a team you dislike, if we ever knock them off, it will be that much better.

Way to have goals in life. Disliking a girls lacrosse team. I'm so glad my daughter plays a lower division. Some of you parents are embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to have goals in life. Disliking a girls lacrosse team. I'm so glad my daughter plays a lower division. Some of you parents are embarrassing.

My daughter guest played on a 2026 B level team for a tourney this fall due to covid. If anything, B level parents are worse. (everything is unfair, my daughter should be playing at a higher level, etc.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've never had any issues with M&D or Hero's parents or players. Things can get a bit animated during games. But it never crossed the lines. I know the dad at Hero's people are talking about. He's always been friendly during games. And M&D parents seem pretty chill.

The funny thing is most of the people on here trying to stir up trouble, probably will show up to either one or both of their tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not spiteful, I wish those girls nothing but the best, but yes, I want to beat them even more. Its clear, at least from one parent's perspective, that respect is not a two way street. A little humble pie is a good thing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've never had any issues with M&D or Hero's parents or players. Things can get a bit animated during games. But it never crossed the lines. I know the dad at Hero's people are talking about. He's always been friendly during games. And M&D parents seem pretty chill.

The funny thing is most of the people on here trying to stir up trouble, probably will show up to either one or both of their tryouts.

I concur, Hero's Dad is a super nice guy, outgoing, friendly. Never had any problems with M&D either. Most parents are good.

Now some YJ and Prime Time? That's a bit different, but they grow differently but there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not spiteful, I wish those girls nothing but the best, but yes, I want to beat them even more. Its clear, at least from one parent's perspective, that respect is not a two way street. A little humble pie is a good thing.

A look to the future- You're gonna be disappointed this spring.
You're not gonna beat us. You'll be lucky to give us a competitive game in the second half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A look to the future- You're gonna be disappointed this spring.
You're not gonna beat us. You'll be lucky to give us a competitive game in the second half.

I would assume this is a troll from New York or similar. You guys keep taking the bait and he keeps reeling you in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I concur, Hero's Dad is a super nice guy, outgoing, friendly. Never had any problems with M&D either. Most parents are good.

Now some YJ and Prime Time? That's a bit different, but they grow differently but there.

YJ and PT parents arent bad, except for one PT dad who thinks he is the coach. Upstate parents (aces, monster) are 10x worse.

Within MD, with one exception across top clubs (LBC) MD parents aren't that bad. Across top MD 26 teams on the other hand....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
27 Renegades parents that made me shake head last summer, was like with guys they are 12. After every goal they were blasting the song "Renegade" and parents were super aggressive towards other parents, refs and players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg
27 Renegades parents that made me shake head last summer, was like with guys they are 12. After every goal they were blasting the song "Renegade" and parents were super aggressive towards other parents, refs and players.

Ha, in B division games? That’s super tacky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ and PT parents arent bad, except for one PT dad who thinks he is the coach. Upstate parents (aces, monster) are 10x worse.

Within MD, with one exception across top clubs (LBC) MD parents aren't that bad. Across top MD 26 teams on the other hand....

Ha, I think I know the PT Dad you speak of, he was literally critiquing the players to his younger daughter on sideline.

LBC, what's up with their parents/coach, they are super intense, I had one yell at me for not wearing a mask over my nose during an outdoor NGLL game. I thought Eastern Shore life was more laid back...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny....but I think the trophy goes to LBC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC as a club are still banned from some top tournaments correct? At what point do those players move to greener pastures? LBC 27 obviously a talented team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC as a club are still banned from some top tournaments correct? At what point do those players move to greener pastures? LBC 27 obviously a talented team.

Those can move, generally do. For older girls, i'd estimate at least half, maybe more of MD United's roster played for LBC at one point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't know that. Maybe that is the answer to why they don't play in any of the top YJ/Steps tourneys. (L4TC, Live Love Lax, G8)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't know that. Maybe that is the answer to why they don't play in any of the top YJ/Steps tourneys. (L4TC, Live Love Lax, G8)

They def were banned for allowing older girls to play down and they got caught multiple times. Lots of the HS age girls left to MDU and other clubs in the area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They def were banned for allowing older girls to play down and they got caught multiple times. Lots of the HS age girls left to MDU and other clubs in the area.

They also send 'A' players to help their 'B' teams, they did that this past summer with their 25s against DD and it was irritating. LBC and CC Lax have been banned from some tournaments so MDU is the only option for some.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Generally speaking, LBC parents are donkeys.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Ha, in B division games? That’s super tacky.

It was insane regardless of division. We stayed after our game to watch some friends play in Hershey (I think) and it was like the terror dome on sidelines...the music was just the cherry on top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Years ago LBC had high school girls playing on their 26/27 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why Lax isn't like soccer, where they have a player card and rosters at tournaments to avoid that thing.

I know its always suspicious when there is a # not listed on their NGLL roster playing in a NGLL game.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Not sure why Lax isn't like soccer, where they have a player card and rosters at tournaments to avoid that thing.

I know its always suspicious when there is a # not listed on their NGLL roster playing in a NGLL game.

Honestly, I blame the parents for looking the other way. Awful example by "adults".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have always wondered the same thing. Seems so simple to solve this issue of girls playing that shouldn’t. I am guessing soccer is a little ahead of lacrosse due the overall size of Youth Soccer compared to Lacrosse. I believe it all comes down to money. Those making the money make the rules and aren’t changing anything that causes them to make less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played in a tourney in Ohio when covid started and they did this there. 5 min before game, players had to be on field for roster check. Doesn’t happen here likely because tourney directors don’t want to increase intervals between games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly, I blame the parents for looking the other way. Awful example by "adults".

Don't forget the club director and coaches who are actually responsible for these decisions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget the club director and coaches who are actually responsible for these decisions

I am an LBC 27 parent and this statement is ridiculous. "Years ago" ? so when my now 12 year old was what 9 but adding 15 year olds to the team. C'mon people. Every club has its issues but this statement is not true and likely posted by a parent of a team we beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC has never had older girls play on younger teams this is not true. They have had girls play up but never down. My daughter does not play for LBC any longer but we had a great experience at the club. They had an issue with the director of Steps many years ago but it didn't have anything to do with girls playing down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC has never had older girls play on younger teams this is not true. They have had girls play up but never down. My daughter does not play for LBC any longer but we had a great experience at the club. They had an issue with the director of Steps many years ago but it didn't have anything to do with girls playing down.

Why was there a mass exodus in older ages and why was/is LBC banned from some tournaments?

Set the record straight and clear it up for us if you can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have had players from 'A' teams play with 'B' teams. They did it often with their Red teams this past summer; it's why their results are all over the place. Pretty obvious when a large group of girls run late to a game clearly after playing.

LBC has been on a downward trend. 23s and 24s were really solid. Then players left around high school time. It's one thing if it happens to one team. It's another if it continues to happen. 25s and 26s have been on a slower decline as players leave for greener pastures.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go. Classic LBC parents and or director with the I never, it's been a great experience, blah, blah, blah. If you're a true 27 parent you haven't been around long enough to witness how dysfunctional this club is. Word on the street is the biggest poser of all (26 goalie mom) just left the team last week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have absolutely had girls play down as well girls on the A team play on the B team. I watched them last year run from one field to the next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have absolutely had girls play down as well girls on the A team play on the B team. I watched them last year run from one field to the next.

I think they mean play down for 26 to 27 not A to B. They definitely have done the later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To clarify, LBC has had older girls play in younger brackets. For example, 27's playing with 28's. They have also had A team players play on their B teams repeatedly. They do not have enough girls to field two teams per age bracket on a regular basis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they mean play down for 26 to 27 not A to B. They definitely have done the later.

The only team that every had an A and a B team was the 2025's and only for last year. They would not use 2025 A team for the B team but would use 26/27's. So yes you would see players running to another field to help the team out. Would you rather girls that wanted to play not play because other teammates could not make it. This is 7th/8thgrade lacrosse, isn't the goal for girls to learn, play and develop? You parents need to relax.. no college coach cares that you lost to a B team in 7th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only team that every had an A and a B team was the 2025's and only for last year. They would not use 2025 A team for the B team but would use 26/27's. So yes you would see players running to another field to help the team out. Would you rather girls that wanted to play not play because other teammates could not make it. This is 7th/8thgrade lacrosse, isn't the goal for girls to learn, play and develop? You parents need to relax.. no college coach cares that you lost to a B team in 7th grade.

You are clearly living in a bubble or in denial. Maybe there's a picture of the A team girls playing on the B team floating around. Would you believe it then? There are different brackets for a reason. As far as girls playing on 26/27's, a 27 can play up but a 26 can not play down. Why are you not comprehending this? This a rule. It's not fair to other teams that are a true 27 team. The time to learn, play and develop is rec not cheating at a club level. College coaches do not care who wins but they do care about character and integrity which starts at the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is LBC banned from tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

23s also had a 'B' team last year. And the players care. 'B' players are in that bracket for a reason and having 6-7 'A' players come over is ridiculous. Having 'A' players come over and take playing time from the 'B' players is development? How about those 'B' players that lose time for those 'A' players. 1 or 2 players is one thing.

And there were 25s in DD game because 26s and 27s were playing at the exact same time at a different location (tourneymachine is a thing so you can still check schedule) according to the coach of the LBC team who told our coach. So you are wrong. Unless those 26s/27s skipped their own team's games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

while on this topic, can we talk about m&d black players double shifting for M&D Orlando teams? Never seen it at the 27 level, but a regular occurrence at 25/26 age levels.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

while on this topic, can we talk about m&d black players double shifting for M&D Orlando teams? Never seen it at the 27 level, but a regular occurrence at 25/26 age levels.

Really? Unless if they need a few bodies for a tournament, that seems pretty odd.

Page 24 of 112 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard