BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 73 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Two more st ants kids added to best in class - oneYJ and one legacy plus one Commack Jesters player. Seems to be top talent for sure.

Was this an application process?

Yes application solely chosen on accolades and whole game and highlight film. No coach or club reccoemdnations. Based solely on talent. Great lineup of coaches and trainers at the event as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“What specifically do you expect?”

At the very least some resources and guidance!
“What specifically do you expect?”

At the very least some resources and guidance!

Specifically, what kind of resources and exactly what would you like guidance on?

I’m not trying to be an Meanyjust trying to help people understand that parents and players have to take things into their own hands.

It appears that some of you are not able to articulate exactly the type of help that you are seeking.

I have been through this process multiple times, each time there have been a number of parents of players on kids teams that become frustrated and most of the time it is because they have unrealistic sense of where their daughter stands in relation to other players including teammates. If let’s say coaches from BC, UNC, Northwestern, Maryland, Syracuse, Princeton, Penn, Notre Dame, Duke and Virginia all watch the kid play on multiple occasions and none of the coaches are willing to offer the player a spot it’s not because the club didn’t help. The players that receive offers from programs of that caliber in general do not need any help.

If you are looking for help, take the time to identify specifically what you would like the club/director/coach to help with.

If you want them to call a college coach , then ask them to do it.

If you would like guidance on which camps to go to or which showcases to go to, then ask.

Do not sit and wait for the club…. Take action and ask for what you want / need.

Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two more st ants kids added to best in class - oneYJ and one legacy plus one Commack Jesters player. Seems to be top talent for sure.

Yes application solely chosen on accolades and whole game and highlight film. No coach or club reccoemdnations. Based solely on talent. Great lineup of coaches and trainers at the event as well.

So these spots werent chosen for who the girls coaches know?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s amazing to see so many 2023s committing every day
And plenty of 2022s also. We wish them all luck and it continues to be a learning experience. What an exciting time for them an their families.
Makes me glad that I listened to those who told us to relax in the fall because 2024 year had plenty of time and it was still very early.
Also, makes me aware of those that tried to promote the hype and fear to make a buck. You are Greedy!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And plenty of 2022s also. We wish them all luck and it continues to be a learning experience. What an exciting time for them an their families.
Makes me glad that I listened to those who told us to relax in the fall because 2024 year had plenty of time and it was still very early.
Also, makes me aware of those that tried to promote the hype and fear to make a buck. You are Greedy!!!

24s have a bunch of time but early bird gets the worm

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024’s if your kid is good enough to play at a top 10+ school than the only tears she’ll shed is she signed at Duke not ND or Virginia not UNC / UPenn not Yale etc. If kids just really good than try a reach but get to several camps / prospect days or small multi school camps so daughter can get personally face to face in front of coach(s) of programs that are attainable. Make the coach who’s attending those big tourneys want to go see her play not just her team vs other team play. Good luck all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So these spots werent chosen for who the girls coaches know?

Are u going to answer your own questions or are you waiting for somebody else to do it?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Junior Open....Yes, best I can tell its the 1st year. In addition to information being tough to find it says teams will be coached by HS and club coaches. Saw an ad for it on instagram showcasing an individual player that is attending from a club ranked in 100s I never heard of in Ohio. It does not appear to be attracting top level talent or college coaches. The ad also says to have credit card ready.

HAHA $850 right after the 4th no thanks. Hard Pass!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024’s if your kid is good enough to play at a top 10+ school than the only tears she’ll shed is she signed at Duke not ND or Virginia not UNC / UPenn not Yale etc. If kids just really good than try a reach but get to several camps / prospect days or small multi school camps so daughter can get personally face to face in front of coach(s) of programs that are attainable. Make the coach who’s attending those big tourneys want to go see her play not just her team vs other team play. Good luck all

Incoherent rambling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Early bird may get the worm but clearly not Armageddon if you didn’t get an offer in the the fall.

Take note that it’s almost feb and Schools are not done with 2022 and 2023. It’s actually very busy so take note of the person who gives you the fake news in order to fill their pockets and don’t trust them moving forward.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incoherent rambling.

I actually get what this person is saying,
In a nutshell…..

Stay away from the MONEYCRAB !!
And Anyone trying to sell you on the idea !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean?

Seriously! Doesn’t matter how early the girl is , if the coach(es) is not interested in her. By the time the girls are 24s, the top 20 are prob. known for the most part. The ones who have to worry about 9/1 phone calls! Other than that, girls have time throughout the process to get seen. No need to panic in the Fall of 10th grade. Plenty of opportunities are out there for all the lacrosse girls. Relax, think clearly and be realistic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incoherent rambling.

I actually get what this person is saying,
In a nutshell…..

Stay away from the MONEYCRAB !!
And Anyone trying to sell you on the idea !!

Again with the money grab nonsense. Why do people care what others do? If you want to send your daughter to an event send her, if you do not want to then don't send her. You do not have to go to any events or you can go to all of them.

I guess what the person is trying to say is that if your daughter is the type of player that is going to receive offers from Top 10 caliber programs the process will not be very stressful. If your daughter is not of that caliber you have to go to prospect days and camps. I agree with that, the large majority of players from LI will not be receiving offers from Top 10 - 20 type programs it just the way it is.

Not everything is a money grab, If there is a showcase/camp/prospect day or whatever and a coach from a school that your daughter is truly interested in I would say it worth going.

The reality is that parents complain when their daughter is overlooked, they whine if their daughter doesn't make a select team like Under Armour, they claim events are money grabs if their daughter does not receive interest or an offer after attending, they will bash the IL rankings if their daughter is not recognized and I am sure they will complain and cry politics when other players start committing.

Nuts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Early bird may get the worm but clearly not Armageddon if you didn’t get an offer in the the fall.

Take note that it’s almost feb and Schools are not done with 2022 and 2023. It’s actually very busy so take note of the person who gives you the fake news in order to fill their pockets and don’t trust them moving forward.

There is one coach/club that was trying to get people to bounce with some fake news that they were doing it better and that all their low level peeps were getting looks.
Yeah well ….so much for that!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean?

Seriously! Doesn’t matter how early the girl is , if the coach(es) is not interested in her. By the time the girls are 24s, the top 20 are prob. known for the most part. The ones who have to worry about 9/1 phone calls! Other than that, girls have time throughout the process to get seen. No need to panic in the Fall of 10th grade. Plenty of opportunities are out there for all the lacrosse girls. Relax, think clearly and be realistic.

I would agree. However, from what I have seen with two that have gone through the process there are many unrealistic parents.

IMHO, the most important thing you can do right now is help your daughter try to identify what is important to her with regard to college.

What does she want, what is important to her?

Obviously academics are important as is potential major / field of study etc... look to match academic considerations with other variables such as: geographic location, size of school, public vs private, city vs suburban, affordability etc.... try to come up with as big of a list as possible and than prioritize/rank the schools. After you have that, put a plan in place to market herself to those schools. Nothing wrong with reaching for the stars, don't be afraid to reach out to the very top programs/schools the worst thing that can happen is that they do not return any interest. Do not be an annoying pest but definitely have your daughter reach out to the coaches at the schools on her list and introduce herself (don't be afraid to get creative). Once September 1 rolls around be ready to add schools to the list if needed. Remember things can and do change quickly as players start to commit. Every time a player commits, a bunch of coaches have to move down their list. Utilize your club director/coach, your HS coach, current and former players if you know any from the schools that your daughter is interested in. Ask these people to reach out to see if the coaches will take a close look and see if there is any interest in your daughter. If your daughter receives interest from schools that are not high on her list or not on the list at all still engage with the coach and learn more about the school and the program you never know it just might be a great fit. Make sure your daughter introduces herself to all the coaches on the staff. Do not listen to people who say the grad assistant has no say. If the grad assistant or current or former player thinks highly of a prospect the Head coach will take a look and that is all that you can ask for.

There is always a lot of chatter on here regarding the Top Programs as well as the Top Academic Schools some of which are one and the same but the reality is that there will be a relatively small number of players from Long Island who will have the opportunity to go to a Top 20 Lacrosse School or a Top 20 Academic School. Probably 5 or 6 will go to the Ivy's and 15 - 20 to the top lacrosse programs, so be sure have some backup schools on the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is one coach/club that was trying to get people to bounce with some fake news that they were doing it better and that all their low level peeps were getting looks.

Thank god nobody took the bait

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This same person posting conspiracy theories over and over needs to relax. No one is selling anything to anyone. This site is just a bunch of information from different people and most of it is opinions, but your narrative is very obviously trying to attack a few people. Whatever the reason for your attack, it’s not useful except for petting your ego and making you feel better. Grow up and get off the internet if you’re just going to complain about everyone else. No one here wants to read it anymore. If you have a problem with someone, go speak to them like a real man and stop hiding behind a keyboard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no club or coach on here promoting showcases. There is no club associated with any of the events being spoken about most JO and Best in class. I posted my opinion on JO and First class which is that JO seems more political and more of an expense than best in class. Best in class seems like better talent. My daughter didn’t apply to either so it doesn’t really matter to us, just sharing an opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah schools are looking at 2023z plus 2022 still dropping.
The high academic don’t make a decision til very late.so many of them are on 2022. Many D3 only want 2023 and older at this point at their showcases. It’s good to know and pass this stuff along for this group and next. We were told that even if they let you come as a 2024, that they are focused on the older girls. It’s crunch time for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This same person posting conspiracy theories over and over needs to relax. No one is selling anything to anyone. This site is just a bunch of information from different people and most of it is opinions, but your narrative is very obviously trying to attack a few people. Whatever the reason for your attack, it’s not useful except for petting your ego and making you feel better. Grow up and get off the internet if you’re just going to complain about everyone else. No one here wants to read it anymore. If you have a problem with someone, go speak to them like a real man and stop hiding behind a keyboard.

Sounds like a Conspiracy Fact
There was some BS being talked about that wasn’t accurate. We all saw it and thanks for reminding us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean?

I would agree. However, from what I have seen with two that have gone through the process there are many unrealistic parents.

IMHO, the most important thing you can do right now is help your daughter try to identify what is important to her with regard to college.

What does she want, what is important to her?

Obviously academics are important as is potential major / field of study etc... look to match academic considerations with other variables such as: geographic location, size of school, public vs private, city vs suburban, affordability etc.... try to come up with as big of a list as possible and than prioritize/rank the schools. After you have that, put a plan in place to market herself to those schools. Nothing wrong with reaching for the stars, don't be afraid to reach out to the very top programs/schools the worst thing that can happen is that they do not return any interest. Do not be an annoying pest but definitely have your daughter reach out to the coaches at the schools on her list and introduce herself (don't be afraid to get creative). Once September 1 rolls around be ready to add schools to the list if needed. Remember things can and do change quickly as players start to commit. Every time a player commits, a bunch of coaches have to move down their list. Utilize your club director/coach, your HS coach, current and former players if you know any from the schools that your daughter is interested in. Ask these people to reach out to see if the coaches will take a close look and see if there is any interest in your daughter. If your daughter receives interest from schools that are not high on her list or not on the list at all still engage with the coach and learn more about the school and the program you never know it just might be a great fit. Make sure your daughter introduces herself to all the coaches on the staff. Do not listen to people who say the grad assistant has no say. If the grad assistant or current or former player thinks highly of a prospect the Head coach will take a look and that is all that you can ask for.

There is always a lot of chatter on here regarding the Top Programs as well as the Top Academic Schools some of which are one and the same but the reality is that there will be a relatively small number of players from Long Island who will have the opportunity to go to a Top 20 Lacrosse School or a Top 20 Academic School. Probably 5 or 6 will go to the Ivy's and 15 - 20 to the top lacrosse programs, so be sure have some backup schools on the list.

What year is your daughter that this is your advice ? Does she play in college?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah schools are looking at 2023z plus 2022 still dropping.
The high academic don’t make a decision til very late.so many of them are on 2022. Many D3 only want 2023 and older at this point at their showcases. It’s good to know and pass this stuff along for this group and next. We were told that even if they let you come as a 2024, that they are focused on the older girls. It’s crunch time for them.

The statement: "The high academic don’t make a decision til very late" is simply not accurate. Many of the schools listed below are "high academic" and they do not wait to make their decisions.

​​1. Boston College
2. North Carolina
3. Syracuse
4. Northwestern
5. Stony Brook
6. Maryland
7. Notre Dame
8. Duke
9. Loyola
10. Florida
11. Virginia
12. James Madison
13. Princeton
14. Stanford
15. Denver
16. Rutgers
17. Drexel
18. Jacksonville
19. UConn
20. Penn

Also considered (alphabetical order): Johns Hopkins, Louisville, Michigan, Penn State, Richmond, Temple

Throw in: Yale, Harvard, Columbia, Brown, Dartmouth, Cornell, Vanderbilt, Cal, Georgetown, USC etc..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All great schools, but the only ones that are truly elite (top 10, under 10% acceptance), and have competitive lax are:

First tier:

Penn
Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
Hopkins
Princeton

*All of these schools come hard after their preferred recruits on Sept. 1

Second tier:

ND

Then you have a bunch of great lax and academic schools in the 20-30 ranked range like:

UNC
Virginia
Georgetown
Michigan
Florida
USC
BC

Then you have great lax, good academic (50+) ranked

Maryland
Syracuse
Penn State
JMU
Rutgers

And you also have those super elite schools that have weak lacrosse teams:

Vanderbilt
Cal
Columbia
Harvard
Yale

Girls target programs for many different reasons. Some are focused on winning a championship, others want to go to the best possible school they can with a particular major in mind. Others may want their parents or siblings Alma mater. Some are just happy someone wants them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All great schools, but the only ones that are truly elite (top 10, under 10% acceptance), and have competitive lax are:

First tier:

Penn
Stanford
Northwestern
Duke
Hopkins
Princeton

*All of these schools come hard after their preferred recruits on Sept. 1

Second tier:

ND

Then you have a bunch of great lax and academic schools in the 20-30 ranked range like:

UNC
Virginia
Georgetown
Michigan
Florida
USC
BC

Then you have great lax, good academic (50+) ranked

Maryland
Syracuse
Penn State
JMU
Rutgers

And you also have those super elite schools that have weak lacrosse teams:

Vanderbilt
Cal
Columbia
Harvard
Yale

Girls target programs for many different reasons. Some are focused on winning a championship, others want to go to the best possible school they can with a particular major in mind. Others may want their parents or siblings Alma mater. Some are just happy someone wants them.

I wouldn't use acceptance rate as a barometer.

Tremendous opportunity out there for young women who want to play at the next level but the reality is that most will not be going to these schools. In the 2023 class there are 20 - 25 girls from Long Island committed to the schools listed above, with maybe 4-5 going to the "truly elite" academic schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no club or coach on here promoting showcases. There is no club associated with any of the events being spoken about most JO and Best in class. I posted my opinion on JO and First class which is that JO seems more political and more of an expense than best in class. Best in class seems like better talent. My daughter didn’t apply to either so it doesn’t really matter to us, just sharing an opinion.

Why would you post this?
If this isn’t an admission or guilt , I don’t know what is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you post this?
If this isn’t an admission or guilt , I don’t know what is.

For the posters who’s daughter never played in these events or even applied to play in them , what are you forming your opinion on , on these two events? People come on here to try and get info. on events from people who may have some knowledge about them. They are expensive and people just want to get a feel from others, if they think they are worth doing? And, everyone’s opinion on worth is different. So?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is my second one to go through the process. I see the word money grab a lot, but I a lot of the top players are doing them so there is a reason. The issue is determining which ones to attend if invited, so the more information the events can share about coaches attending is key I agree. The number of events and the costs continues to go up and don't expect that to stop in the future. Expect any camp or showcase to be $600+, less for a camp if you are commuting. Prospect days that used range from $100-$175 are now $175-$295. It stinks but I'm just happy this is my last to go through this. Good luck to everyone, it's stressful but try to enjoy this time with your daughter before she moves on to college!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just catching up on some of these posts. Legacy, Top guns, YJ have always been top 3 on Long Island for year. For the 24 class, top guns isn’t nearly as great as it used to be and liberty and jesters may be pushing into that top guns third spot. 91 and empire have always been bottom of the barrel. It isn’t for a lack of trying, but on the girls side 91 isn’t nearly as competitive. They have built such a reputation for not being a girls program that it will be hard for any older teams to break that pattern. Maybe we will see a shift for the younger years now that they’re trying to put more emphasis on the girls.

Recently we add in some other random teams that just popped up over the last few years- the recon combo teams, Ohana (do they go to tournaments?), and any I’m missing.

It isn’t speaking poorly of other clubs it just seems to be how it has been for years. It also doesn’t mean each team not top of the pack doesn’t have top players. There is a player on empire that could play on other teams carrying the pack and also kids on teams like YJ Kildare capable of playing on Weiner. Just because you aren’t a top team doesn’t mean you can’t have a few elite kids who wanted to stay with their buddies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just catching up on some of these posts. Legacy, Top guns, YJ have always been top 3 on Long Island for year. For the 24 class, top guns isn’t nearly as great as it used to be and liberty and jesters may be pushing into that top guns third spot. 91 and empire have always been bottom of the barrel. It isn’t for a lack of trying, but on the girls side 91 isn’t nearly as competitive. They have built such a reputation for not being a girls program that it will be hard for any older teams to break that pattern. Maybe we will see a shift for the younger years now that they’re trying to put more emphasis on the girls.

Recently we add in some other random teams that just popped up over the last few years- the recon combo teams, Ohana (do they go to tournaments?), and any I’m missing.

It isn’t speaking poorly of other clubs it just seems to be how it has been for years. It also doesn’t mean each team not top of the pack doesn’t have top players. There is a player on empire that could play on other teams carrying the pack and also kids on teams like YJ Kildare capable of playing on Weiner. Just because you aren’t a top team doesn’t mean you can’t have a few elite kids who wanted to stay with their buddies

What’s the point of this post?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing is free and all events, camps, tournaments, club teams, prospect days etc are trying to make money. That said, I would not call everything a money grab. I think a lot of people will label an event as a money grab if their daughter does not receive any interest from college coaches after doing an event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those elite teams have a full roster of insane players and then the lowest teams have a few who could be elite given the right team and conditions. You don’t get better playing with people who are worse than you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has been improving over the last 2-3 years on the girls side. This year I think a few teams in their program will surprise people

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By high academics I believe OP meant the NESCAC type schools or ODAC like Washington and Lee or Univ of Chicago, Vasser, Centennial Conference Gettysburg, Franklin and Marshall, Amherst, M.I.T., Bowdoin etc.
Those D3 high academics are committing last of 2022’s and are just beginning to check grades of 2023’s. Unlike Ivy’s or great schools like Norte Dame, Duke , Virginia etc they cannot use sport priority acceptance reference grades for school. Grades than sports not Sports and grades which is no way a knock on the D1 High Academics. It’s just those type D3’s cannot prioritize athletic ability over academic as easy as a D1. Not a knock just a reality. Before I’m attacked that doesn’t lessen any kids academics at any top school in D1.

I have a kid at one of each. Both experiences are amazing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has been improving over the last 2-3 years on the girls side. This year I think a few teams in their program will surprise people

They were saying the same thing 5 years ago when my daughter left. All the best girls followed as well as the current YJ coach and her daughter. Nothing has changed. They make a lot of claims that are false. Run fast before it’s too late!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those elite teams have a full roster of insane players and then the lowest teams have a few who could be elite given the right team and conditions. You don’t get better playing with people who are worse than you

Sorry, not trying to be mean but those rosters are not full of insane players. More like less than 10 probably 7-8 top tier players that will go to Top 10-20 college programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were saying the same thing 5 years ago when my daughter left. All the best girls followed as well as the current YJ coach and her daughter. Nothing has changed. They make a lot of claims that are false. Run fast before it’s too late!

They were saying the same thing 5 years ago when my daughter left. All the best girls followed as well as the current YJ coach and her daughter. Nothing has changed. They make a lot of claims that are false. Run fast before it’s too late![/quote]

What were they saying 5 years ago that they are still saying today and what "claims" are you referring to. I'm not being a smart butt just very curious to understand what you mean

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you left five years ago and are on YJ? That narrows down who you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you left five years ago and are on YJ? That narrows down who you are.

Not really. 91 team fell apart because everyone knew it was going nowhere. Quite a few girls went to YJ, including the coach and her daughter who are now on YJ’24. All are doing very well, but staying on 91 so long definitely hurt a few of those girls because they couldn’t break the starting line upon the ‘23 team due to politics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some also went to legacy their roster has like 5 ex 91 kids

Page 46 of 73 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard