BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 73 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have any real info on jo? The website is terrible with no concrete info. Is there a list of coaches coming? It’s expensive. I’ve done expensive things for my kid in the past some better than others but this is crazy money imo.

Sorry
You are best to talk to the people running the event IMO.
Always go direct to the source.
Hopefully they can give some clarity before you pay all this money. Coaches or not ask questions and try to figure out if you are getting the HC, the top assistant or the graduate assistant. Or nobody at all?
Good luck

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best in Class for girls, isn't this first year? No coaches confirmed, right? Any more info would be great.

Junior Open, first year also? Any coaches confirmed?? Any info would be great.

Under Armour is free after tryout fee. The Highlight teams will be full of 2023 and a few 2024 this year. Great weekend, but coaches know the 2024's will be at American Select. Still a great event.

American Select is a money grab. The best competition and the teams will be all 2024's. The sidelines were packed with top coaches for 2023's last year. Clearly was the top talent last year.

Is there another top recruiting even for 2024's this year??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just talking of these tournaments make me wonder if coaches or assistants host events/clinics/playdays with no intention of finding a recruit, just need to pay the bills.
Lacrosse Masters series is supposed to be be decent though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just talking of these tournaments make me wonder if coaches or assistants host events/clinics/playdays with no intention of finding a recruit, just need to pay the bills.

College coaches do not do any recruiting, all of these so called recruiting showcases, prospect camps, and other events such as AS ands UA are money grabs. The college coaches only make offers to the politically connected and wealthy privileged players who the Club Directors recommend. Inside Lacrosse rankings are a joke and most of the players who are recognized will disappear at the next level. There are just so many deserving players out there who are not over hyped who go on to kill it at the next level that is why we see such parity in women's lacrosse. All of those politically connected players who go to schools like Maryland, North Carolina, Boston College, Northwestern, Syracuse, Princeton, Virginia, Stony Brook, Florida, Notre Dame, Penn, Duke etc... are just wealthy, politically connected players who game the system in order to play lacrosse. Don't waste your money on the money grabs, if you are good the coaches will find you, no need to play in front of an assistant coach because they have no say. The players who are overlooked are the real winners because they work harder, the players who make UA only make it because their parent is the coach and Inside Lacrosse only recognizes players who are connected those players do not work hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are just too many of these events out there now! Almost impossible to figure out what is a legit recruiting event? Too many people making money on these events, including the clubs. That’s why UA was great, as it was legit in the past. At least you knew what you were getting, and it was free to attend and it was about exposing talent! It was not a money grab. Now, the politics of all the clubs are taking over and ruining great events. The almighty $ clubs can make off these events is ruining them. Clubs should not be involved in running recruiting events.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches do not do any recruiting, all of these so called recruiting showcases, prospect camps, and other events such as AS ands UA are money grabs. The college coaches only make offers to the politically connected and wealthy privileged players who the Club Directors recommend. Inside Lacrosse rankings are a joke and most of the players who are recognized will disappear at the next level. There are just so many deserving players out there who are not over hyped who go on to kill it at the next level that is why we see such parity in women's lacrosse. All of those politically connected players who go to schools like Maryland, North Carolina, Boston College, Northwestern, Syracuse, Princeton, Virginia, Stony Brook, Florida, Notre Dame, Penn, Duke etc... are just wealthy, politically connected players who game the system in order to play lacrosse. Don't waste your money on the money grabs, if you are good the coaches will find you, no need to play in front of an assistant coach because they have no say. The players who are overlooked are the real winners because they work harder, the players who make UA only make it because their parent is the coach and Inside Lacrosse only recognizes players who are connected those players do not work hard.

This is just totally foolish. They will not just find you. Most kids are not Charlotte Norths and will have to do lots of legwork to get seen by and in front of the college coaches. College coaches do recruiting and are always looking for good players to help them win. They have to know who a kid is. It doesn’t take $s to reach out to these coaches and send highlight videos, and fill out their questionnaires. Don’t sit back and hope someone notices, get pro active. There are so many Lax opportunities out there at every level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, so many on here with a pessimistic outlook. How do you go through life with such negative views? Why do you complain about everything?
What causes you to be concerned about what others choose to do? Why care about how others choose to spend their money? Why do you make inaccurate and untrue statements?

Lol, not pessimistic at all. In fact, all three of my children succeeded to go to top schools all without trying to cheat the system. I feel sorry for people who have to manipulate everything in their child’s path so they can be noticed. Pathetic

There absolutely is a lot of pessimistic and negative sentiment on here. Certain people try to tear down events, teams, players, rankings etc…. And sorry but worrying about the choices that others make is a negative behavior. Talking about the advantages or privilege that others have is also negative. Life is not fair, to each his own.

Seems like a healthy back and forth of opinions with the exception of the recent bashing of the club coach.
It not hard to figure out that a current parent wouldn’t keep posting the same lame pattern over and over. It disappeared for a while but seems to be circling back.

As a parent whose been through this with kids now in college it is probably true what is being said in regards to experiences of players on teams. Parents with kids on teams they aren't happy with but stuck with will continue to belittle the program despite any negative backash on their kid. They won't go to the director or coach directly because then they could take it out on their kid, so they turn to the internet to trash talk and air out grievances in hopes it anonymously makes its way back to the higher ups. Smart on the parents part to be honest. In my time in the lacrosse world it is unlikely that others would have all the information posters have that is specific to a team. If they do, it is being told to them by someone from within so either way the team has an issue. The info spreading through parents of the team on here or it's spreading by your parents telling other parents who post it here. Either way, there is something going on with your program and coach that needs to be addressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, so many on here with a pessimistic outlook. How do you go through life with such negative views? Why do you complain about everything?
What causes you to be concerned about what others choose to do? Why care about how others choose to spend their money? Why do you make inaccurate and untrue statements?

Lol, not pessimistic at all. In fact, all three of my children succeeded to go to top schools all without trying to cheat the system. I feel sorry for people who have to manipulate everything in their child’s path so they can be noticed. Pathetic

There absolutely is a lot of pessimistic and negative sentiment on here. Certain people try to tear down events, teams, players, rankings etc…. And sorry but worrying about the choices that others make is a negative behavior. Talking about the advantages or privilege that others have is also negative. Life is not fair, to each his own.

Seems like a healthy back and forth of opinions with the exception of the recent bashing of the club coach.
It not hard to figure out that a current parent wouldn’t keep posting the same lame pattern over and over. It disappeared for a while but seems to be circling back.

As a parent whose been through this with kids now in college it is probably true what is being said in regards to experiences of players on teams. Parents with kids on teams they aren't happy with but stuck with will continue to belittle the program despite any negative backash on their kid. They won't go to the director or coach directly because then they could take it out on their kid, so they turn to the internet to trash talk and air out grievances in hopes it anonymously makes its way back to the higher ups. Smart on the parents part to be honest. In my time in the lacrosse world it is unlikely that others would have all the information posters have that is specific to a team. If they do, it is being told to them by someone from within so either way the team has an issue. The info spreading through parents of the team on here or it's spreading by your parents telling other parents who post it here. Either way, there is something going on with your program and coach that needs to be addressed.

Yaaah I’m not buying it. Seems obvious to be something else. I think it’s pretty lame how it’s being presented.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yaaah I’m not buying it. Seems obvious to be something else. I think it’s pretty lame how it’s being presented.

How what is being presented? The thread seems to be all over the place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I look through all threads that are active and would have to disagree I think there is an issue with this team. Years ago parents turned to this forum about this team as well when a bunch of kids jumped ship in middle school. There has always been issues with the program and the team. I’m sure it’s a few toxic parents who aren’t happy who would rather hope that it gets addressed here and publicize the drama rather than put their name being it to their coaches or program.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This question is not being answered. Are college coaches going to be at Junior open??? $850+ to attend.

Likely not. JO is very political. It’s their favorite kids. Same kids whose names the day over and over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best in Class for girls, isn't this first year? No coaches confirmed, right? Any more info would be great.

Under Armour is free after tryout fee. The Highlight teams will be full of 2023 and a few 2024 this year. Great weekend, but coaches know the 2024's will be at American Select. Still a great event.

American Select is a money grab. The best competition and the teams will be all 2024's. The sidelines were packed with top coaches for 2023's last year. Clearly was the top talent last year.

By far, the biggest recruiting events are the on-campus events and prospect days. They will be compressed this year due to Women's Lacrosse Women's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Best in Class for girls, isn't this first year? No coaches confirmed, right? Any more info would be great.

American Select will struggle to get 23 players since recruiting is done for them and cost so high.
I agree on 24 but some will still try UA to vow a senior all American.
25s will be at under armour
26 will be at American select.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By far, the biggest recruiting events are the on-campus events and prospect days. They will be compressed this year due to Women's Lacrosse Women's.

Yes things are delayed and we were told that.
Coaches are still busy with 2023. Certain schools are still grabbing 2022. Plenty of opportunity and time so relax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Seems like a healthy back and forth of opinions with the exception of the recent bashing of the club coach.
It not hard to figure out that a current parent wouldn’t keep posting the same lame pattern over and over. It disappeared for a while but seems to be circling back” Quote

“As a parent whose been through this with kids now in college it is probably true what is being said in regards to experiences of players on teams. Parents with kids on teams they aren't happy with but stuck with will continue to belittle the program despite any negative backash on their kid. They won't go to the director or coach directly because then they could take it out on their kid, so they turn to the internet to trash talk and air out grievances in hopes it anonymously makes its way back to the higher ups. Smart on the parents part to be honest. In my time in the lacrosse world it is unlikely that others would have all the information posters have that is specific to a team. If they do, it is being told to them by someone from within so either way the team has an issue. The info spreading through parents of the team on here or it's spreading by your parents telling other parents who post it here. Either way, there is something going on with your program and coach that needs to be addressed.” Quote

“Yaaah I’m not buying it. Seems obvious to be something else. I think it’s pretty lame how it’s being presented.” Quote

“I look through all threads that are active and would have to disagree I think there is an issue with this team. Years ago parents turned to this forum about this team as well when a bunch of kids jumped ship in middle school. There has always been issues with the program and the team. I’m sure it’s a few toxic parents who aren’t happy who would rather hope that it gets addressed here and publicize the drama rather than put their name being it to their coaches or program.” Quote

This is a very old story and most of this happened a very long time ago. They got rid of the old coach from middle school and the problems from last year were ‘let go’. They were not very good last year but most are feeling the future is bright.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Seems like a healthy back and forth of opinions with the exception of the recent bashing of the club coach.
It not hard to figure out that a current parent wouldn’t keep posting the same lame pattern over and over. It disappeared for a while but seems to be circling back” Quote

“As a parent whose been through this with kids now in college it is probably true what is being said in regards to experiences of players on teams. Parents with kids on teams they aren't happy with but stuck with will continue to belittle the program despite any negative backash on their kid. They won't go to the director or coach directly because then they could take it out on their kid, so they turn to the internet to trash talk and air out grievances in hopes it anonymously makes its way back to the higher ups. Smart on the parents part to be honest. In my time in the lacrosse world it is unlikely that others would have all the information posters have that is specific to a team. If they do, it is being told to them by someone from within so either way the team has an issue. The info spreading through parents of the team on here or it's spreading by your parents telling other parents who post it here. Either way, there is something going on with your program and coach that needs to be addressed.” Quote

“Yaaah I’m not buying it. Seems obvious to be something else. I think it’s pretty lame how it’s being presented.” Quote

“I look through all threads that are active and would have to disagree I think there is an issue with this team. Years ago parents turned to this forum about this team as well when a bunch of kids jumped ship in middle school. There has always been issues with the program and the team. I’m sure it’s a few toxic parents who aren’t happy who would rather hope that it gets addressed here and publicize the drama rather than put their name being it to their coaches or program.” Quote

This is a very old story and most of this happened a very long time ago. They got rid of the old coach from middle school and the problems from last year were ‘let go’. They were not very good last year but most are feeling the future is bright.

Didn’t their coach in middle school quit to coach college ? They didn’t get rid of her

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break. 91 will blame everyone but themselves. If you look at ANY thread on here you will clearly see that 91 is spoken about poorly at almost every grade level. This isn’t specific to the 24s, but continue to blame everyone else and enable yourselves. What’s lane is that you’d rather place the blame and piece together conspiracy theories rather than just fix the issues. This is why the program will be at a standstill: denial.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break. 91 will blame everyone but themselves. If you look at ANY thread on here you will clearly see that 91 is spoken about poorly at almost every grade level. This isn’t specific to the 24s, but continue to blame everyone else and enable yourselves. What’s lane is that you’d rather place the blame and piece together conspiracy theories rather than just fix the issues. This is why the program will be at a standstill: denial.

Wish I could like this post a million times. Not even talking about just 91 here but part of the issue with so many clubs and showcases is they like to blame everyone but themselves for the issues others have. In the real adult world in an office you don't blame your clients for your mistakes. Own up to your stuff and make it better or stop coming on here to defend yourself. You parents are mad coach isn't showing up, step up and show up. Your kids are mad you don't have enough recruiting help, help more. Get it together ya'll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes things are delayed and we were told that.
Coaches are still busy with 2023. Certain schools are still grabbing 2022. Plenty of opportunity and time so relax.

What is delayed?

—— “By far, the biggest recruiting events are the on-campus events and prospect days” ——-

The above statement is not accurate at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wish I could like this post a million times. Not even talking about just 91 here but part of the issue with so many clubs and showcases is they like to blame everyone but themselves for the issues others have. In the real adult world in an office you don't blame your clients for your mistakes. Own up to your stuff and make it better or stop coming on here to defend yourself. You parents are mad coach isn't showing up, step up and show up. Your kids are mad you don't have enough recruiting help, help more. Get it together ya'll.

I am curious, what type of help are people looking for during the recruiting process? What are your expectations ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am curious, what type of help are people looking for during the recruiting process? What are your expectations ?

An established club charging what LI clubs charge, should have a recruiting director available to girls to reach out to. RD should be there for advice and suggestions for the girls and guide them in some direction as what to do as far as recruiting in lacrosse goes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An established club charging what LI clubs charge, should have a recruiting director available to girls to reach out to. RD should be there for advice and suggestions for the girls and guide them in some direction as what to do as far as recruiting in lacrosse goes.

Do clubs not give advice and suggestions? Your answer was vague. What specifically do people expect?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do clubs not give advice and suggestions? Your answer was vague. What specifically do people expect?

It’s been posted on here that certain clubs do not have a recruiting director or someone actively aiding in the process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the begging of this team, they had a coach who now coaches YJ A when they were a 24/25 combo team. She quit and went to YJ with half the team now on YJ A and B. The middle school coach quit , she was a director, and left to coach at legacy and in college. The most recent coach, also a director, quit as well and left to coach at jesters. There is a trend, and it has nothing to do with the adults that left. The individuals who left are 3 of the stronger coaches we have had in the 24 age group. It is outrageous to claim that they let go of two coaches offered college positions, one who turned it down one who has now been at multiple colleges and a third who is coaching a top 5 team for the 24 class.

As a 24 parent who also coaches for a boys program and knows all of the individuals mentioned above personally I would really suggest that you do more self reflection into your program rather than pointing the figure everywhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s been posted on here that certain clubs do not have a recruiting director or someone actively aiding in the process.

What specifically do you expect?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the begging of this team, they had a coach who now coaches YJ A when they were a 24/25 combo team. She quit and went to YJ with half the team now on YJ A and B. The middle school coach quit , she was a director, and left to coach at legacy and in college. The most recent coach, also a director, quit as well and left to coach at jesters. There is a trend, and it has nothing to do with the adults that left. The individuals who left are 3 of the stronger coaches we have had in the 24 age group. It is outrageous to claim that they let go of two coaches offered college positions, one who turned it down one who has now been at multiple colleges and a third who is coaching a top 5 team for the 24 class.

As a 24 parent who also coaches for a boys program and knows all of the individuals mentioned above personally I would really suggest that you do more self reflection into your program rather than pointing the figure everywhere else.

Are you really a parent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Expect nothing from the club in the recruiting process. Daughter played on YJ A, and the only thing we expected in recruiting was for the director to field questions from college coaches if they inquired and to pass along any inquiries that came from these coaches. Do the legwork yourself. Even the training and betterment as a player does not come from the club, our coach was a useless clown, again you need to go out and do your own training. We had a daddy coach completely looking out for his own, kid never coming off the field and running plays, named and designed for her. The only thing you can expect from these clubs is an opportunity to be on a field where college coaches show up and get a chance to see your daughter play, and even that should be up to you sending game schedules to coaches, telling them of your interest and asking them to come watch. Everyone on here has delusions that these clubs are going to make all the difference in recruiting, IT IS UP TO YOU!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Expect nothing from the club in the recruiting process. Daughter played on YJ A, and the only thing we expected in recruiting was for the director to field questions from college coaches if they inquired and to pass along any inquiries that came from these coaches. Do the legwork yourself. Even the training and betterment as a player does not come from the club, our coach was a useless clown, again you need to go out and do your own training. We had a daddy coach completely looking out for his own, kid never coming off the field and running plays, named and designed for her. The only thing you can expect from these clubs is an opportunity to be on a field where college coaches show up and get a chance to see your daughter play, and even that should be up to you sending game schedules to coaches, telling them of your interest and asking them to come watch. Everyone on here has delusions that these clubs are going to make all the difference in recruiting, IT IS UP TO YOU!

Perfectly stated. Sad but true!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO one problem many parents have is that they are not able to evaluate players/athletes in general and they really can’t assess their own daughters ability or athleticism. This becomes a problem during the recruiting process and when schools are not expressing interest they blame the club coaches and or directors. These parents will also come up will all kinds of nonsense as to why their daughter is not receiving offers or offers from schools they want to go to.

Simple formula…. Coaches watch players compete, coaches then recruit and make offers to the players that they believe can help their program.

If the player is not a top tier recruit, i.e. the type of player that will receive multiple offers from Top 10 caliber programs then it’s on the player to take action and market herself to the coaches at the schools she would like to attend.
It’s kind of like real estate, if you put your home on the market and it’s not selling it is most likely because you are asking too much, the price is too high. If you are expressing interest in a number of schools and the coaches are not expressing interest back you may be shooting too high, the player may not have what coaches at that level are looking for. There is tremendous opportunity out there for girls who want to continue to play. That said, the player has to get in front of the coaches at the schools she is interested in and make sure the coaches are very aware of her interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“What specifically do you expect?”

At the very least some resources and guidance!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s so sad that daddy and mommy ball has this effect on kids. I do agree leg work is on kids but clubs should assist in some way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you really a parent?

No way this is a parent. And the history lesson is not even close to being accurate.

The original director left and took half the team but they were an older team.
The next 24 coach and director was fired for a conflict of interest and it was bad.
And last year was a tough year. Not much winning or recruiting and they brought in somebody new. Sadly the the coach and director got let go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s so sad that daddy and mommy ball has this effect on kids. I do agree leg work is on kids but clubs should assist in some way

In what way? What do you expect them to do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you really a parent?

No way this is a parent. And the history lesson is not even close to being accurate.

The original director left and took half the team but they were an older team.
The next 24 coach and director was fired for a conflict of interest and it was bad.
And last year was a tough year. Not much winning or recruiting and they brought in somebody new. Sadly the the coach and director got let go.

We were on the original team- she was not fired for conflict of interest. They did not bring anyone new in or let anyone go last year, and I’d you ask about recruiting any members of that team will openly tell you how much both coaches mentioned did for them.

Those two coaches were fantastic and we were lucky enough to get one of the two in their second program before they moved to college coaching. The coach from last year chose to leave and told parents the exact reasons she left. It was screenshotted and sent to us The same parent who sent it to us was called directly by Spallina after complaining to the company she left and told that they wished she hadn’t left and it wasn’t their choice they made but she mad. Directly from the mouth of the owner. Unless he’s lying to people that’s what he told those he spoke to who complained about the coaching changes.

Unfortunately you’re still missing the point that this isn’t about past coaches. A parent turned to the forum about how they were unhappy with something going on. It seems the common response for these coaches and club is to return to the forum to comment excuses and blame everyone to protect their name. It would be smarter for those in charge to read the feedback and implement plans to fix it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve had enough of watching the staff of this program anonymously post excuses on here for any sort of complain. Your program stinks. If these coaches were “let go” it was a blessing getting them out of there. All three coaches are flourishing where they are and are better off working for girls programs instead of boys ones who slap a ponytail on their logo. I hope these three are so much happier being far far away from this toxic environment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two more st ants kids added to best in class - oneYJ and one legacy plus one Commack Jesters player. Seems to be top talent for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two more st ants kids added to best in class - oneYJ and one legacy plus one Commack Jesters player. Seems to be top talent for sure.

Was this an application process?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Specifically, what kind of resources and exactly what would you like guidance on?

I’m not trying to be an Meanyjust trying to help people understand that parents and players have to take things into their own hands.

It appears that some of you are not able to articulate exactly the type of help that you are seeking.

I have been through this process multiple times, each time there have been a number of parents of players on kids teams that become frustrated and most of the time it is because they have unrealistic sense of where their daughter stands in relation to other players including teammates. If let’s say coaches from BC, UNC, Northwestern, Maryland, Syracuse, Princeton, Penn, Notre Dame, Duke and Virginia all watch the kid play on multiple occasions and none of the coaches are willing to offer the player a spot it’s not because the club didn’t help. The players that receive offers from programs of that caliber in general do not need any help.

If you are looking for help, take the time to identify specifically what you would like the club/director/coach to help with.

If you want them to call a college coach , then ask them to do it.

If you would like guidance on which camps to go to or which showcases to go to, then ask.

Do not sit and wait for the club…. Take action and ask for what you want / need.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let’s be honest each club promises the moon and stars. Some tell you your child will be scooped up on 9/1. That’s not reality for 99% of the girls. 99% will not have coaches do home visits and make offers on 9/1.
They promise you (and every other kid playing for them) that they will advocate for your daughter. They won’t. They can’t. How could they for each kid?
You have to make a realistic plan with your daughter. Look at schools that academically and lacrosse wise will be good fits. Have your daughter cast a wide net of 50 or so schools across all divisions that she should be emailing with tournament schedules, high school schedules, highlight videos and such. Once she gets feedback from those coaches get your coach or club director involved
You have to advocate for your daughter and more importantly teach her how to advocate for herself.
Use every resource at your disposal iwlca website, instagram and twitter are a wealth of camp and clinic information. Have your daughter follow all the teams she is emailing and some dream programs that might have multi school camps.
If you are on Facebook join “ Educating parents of hs athletes on the college recruiting process”. The group moderator wrote a book to help parents. I found it after my daughters recruiting was done.
I will say there is a crazy push for each girl to have a lax resume. It’s insanely expensive and in reality those events are not where they will be recruited.
Don’t wait for any coach or club to put your kid first. You have to do that. Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Specifically, what kind of resources and exactly what would you like guidance on?

I’m not trying to be an Meanyjust trying to help people understand that parents and players have to take things into their own hands.

It appears that some of you are not able to articulate exactly the type of help that you are seeking.

I have been through this process multiple times, each time there have been a number of parents of players on kids teams that become frustrated and most of the time it is because they have unrealistic sense of where their daughter stands in relation to other players including teammates. If let’s say coaches from BC, UNC, Northwestern, Maryland, Syracuse, Princeton, Penn, Notre Dame, Duke and Virginia all watch the kid play on multiple occasions and none of the coaches are willing to offer the player a spot it’s not because the club didn’t help. The players that receive offers from programs of that caliber in general do not need any help.

If you are looking for help, take the time to identify specifically what you would like the club/director/coach to help with.

If you want them to call a college coach , then ask them to do it.

If you would like guidance on which camps to go to or which showcases to go to, then ask.

Do not sit and wait for the club…. Take action and ask for what you want / need.

Love this! It is certainly likely that even if you think your team, parents on your team, etc are happy it is possible they aren’t. There are a lot of unrealistic expectations that may not be able to be met, and when they aren’t they take to any source that will listen as some sort of odd revenge. If you aren’t happy advocate for yourself!

Page 45 of 73 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard