BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 73 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the better ways? Just curious. If coaches can see all of this talent in one place and its a high level from all over the country, why wouldn't someone do it? Besides the cost.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have thoughts on the JR open ? Is it worth it ? I like this set up. Best in Class event looks skilled too. Thinking about these over American Select if coaches will be there.

Will college coaches be at the Junior Open and Best in Class?

Many of the top players are avoiding these for opportunities else where. They are an expensive weekend and take you away from what’s important.

what opportunities else where?

Avoiding money grabs like this which are no way on the level. Girls don’t normally do these during heavy prospect years. There are better ways to get in front of coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they said what college coaches are attending?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they said what college coaches are attending?
Anyone have thoughts on the JR open ? Is it worth it ? I like this set up. Best in Class event looks skilled too. Thinking about these over American Select if coaches will be there.

Many of the top players are avoiding these for opportunities else where. They are an expensive weekend and take you away from what’s important.

what opportunities else where?

Avoiding money grabs like this which are no way on the level. Girls don’t normally do these during heavy prospect years. There are better ways to get in front of coaches.

Can you give some actual examples? You're just saying they're bad but aren't giving specifics.

Most of these are new. It’s used to just be UA and despite’s being a money grab and coaches knowing about the politics it may have carried some weight.
But Now forget it ,,because it’s a $1000 weekend and no coach is taking it seriously because it’s watered down with so many options and still political. If you can’t figure out what the better options are well I don’t know what to tell you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any clue who will be the next head coach for Pricenton women's lacrosse after Chris Sailer? Thank you !!

Definitely one of the assistants….it was time!

Does anyone know what happened down at Wofford with the head coach?

Do you mean Winthrop??? because they no longer have a coaching staff. They are in the process of hiring but not sure with the staff that was there prior.

Kara Concheck is the new Winthrop HC
Not sure what happened to the last one. She may have stepped away for personal reasons.

Great chance. She was the Fresno State Coach as they folded and also was a very successful HC at St Francis in Loretta, PA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Save your money , college coaches don’t care or pay attention to these dime a dozen supposedly all star events. Colleges know who runs these events and know that they choose their own players. Multiple better opportunities for your daughter to play directly in front of college coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should be very cautious with these events , most college s that attend usually send an unpaid grad coach who has no say on recruiting, it’s just a way for these unpaid intern coaches to make a few bucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Save your money , college coaches don’t care or pay attention to these dime a dozen supposedly all star events. Colleges know who runs these events and know that they choose their own players. Multiple better opportunities for your daughter to play directly in front of college coaches.

Are there individual school prospect camps going on at the same time as these events?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks. I did see Jenny Levy’s daughter signed up on social media so I was asking.

How is under armour a money grab at $145 to tryout and play in the tourney? American Select is like $750 to play and uniform is practice gear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep- expect YJ, 91, and any other teams with. mom/dad coaches to have their kids on those rosters solely because they are the coach. Their kids will be among the weaker at the event.

Yes she was a yellow jacket coach, went to bandits, and now is merged with 91

Is there an explanation behind why she isn’t showing up?[/quote]

I'm sorry are we surprised that there are issues with 91 or parent coaches netiher are even remotely surprising.[/quote]

You guys are clueless about her. She knows her stuff and the girls really like her. Enough with the bashing. 91 will surprise some people this year.[/quote]

No bashing going on IMO. If you scroll through forums in every age group for years and years it is the same narrative. At some point it just becomes peoples beliefs. I think it isnt meant to be bashing, but people just genuinely have a similar opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best in class far less political. Kids who get in are there because of their talent not because of who they know on the island.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Omg !enough already with the bashing of other coaches and programs. Worry about yourself. This has been going on for months.
I was personally enjoying the recent information exchange that didn’t include any personal attacks.
It might be entertaining for some but this anonymous forum shouldn’t be the place to attempt to right a wrong done to you. Say it to their face and move on.

Not a wrong done to me per say but frustrating to pay so much money for only 1 coach to show up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

are you friends with college coaches? Our daughter was recently accepted to one of these "money grabs" despite not having political connections and when her name was released on social media her social media and her recruiting profiles god dozens of views and follow immediately. Seems to hold some weight, but I guess everyones own opinions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I’ve heard the same thing regarding BIC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. If a good amount of the best players are all at one location, it makes it a no brainer for college coaches. They can see them all at one time. People keep saying better opportunities and you said multiple opportunities. Please name some.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. Not much substance here. Dime a dozen and attenpt to draw publicity for clubs and to make money.
Many times it’s an unpaid grad assistant who has no say in the recruiting process and a way to pay them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best in class far less political. Kids who get in are there because of their talent not because of who they know on the island.

Sorry I’m not buying it. Do some research as to who is involved. It’s a money grab and very expensive weekend with no substance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Omg !enough already with the bashing of other coaches and programs. Worry about yourself. This has been going on for months.
I was personally enjoying the recent information exchange that didn’t include any personal attacks.
It might be entertaining for some but this anonymous forum shouldn’t be the place to attempt to right a wrong done to you. Say it to their face and move on.

Not a wrong done to me per say but frustrating to pay so much money for only 1 coach to show up

This happened to the other team at our
Club.
In the future as soon as you just see one coach, all the parents need to email club director right away and keep asking when that second coach will show up. Put the pressure on. Director is skating by thinking yall don’t care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry I’m not buying it. Do some research as to who is involved. It’s a money grab and very expensive weekend with no substance.

Yup!! Everyone trying to sell the dream. Keep your money in your pocket and don’t fall for the hype

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. If a good amount of the best players are all at one location, it makes it a no brainer for college coaches. They can see them all at one time. People keep saying better opportunities and you said multiple opportunities. Please name some.

are you friends with college coaches? Our daughter was recently accepted to one of these "money grabs" despite not having political connections and when her name was released on social media her social media and her recruiting profiles god dozens of views and follow immediately. Seems to hold some weight, but I guess everyones own opinions.

I’m not the original poster but following this tread.
Yes we are friends with several current and former coaches and getting the same feedback. Save your money. Many of these Allstar events are not on the level and unless you have money to burn don’t waste your time. Everyone is looking to make a buck off of you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I’ve heard the same thing regarding BIC

Hahaha
of course you did!!
Are you an investor.??
We are friends with ex and current college coaches. This is all about making money and publicity for certain clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone hear the strong rumors of StonyBrook and Monmouth switching conferences? Maybe a few more?
It’s a work in progress. CAA looking to poach teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These events are drawing top talent in the 24 class. If you know any of the bigger names across the country they’re all attending. Many of them will be your top 5 schools commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone hear the strong rumors of StonyBrook and Monmouth switching conferences? Maybe a few more?
It’s a work in progress. CAA looking to poach teams.

Yes it’s happening. Take a look at inside lacrosse. Maybe a few more clubs moving around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup!! Everyone trying to sell the dream. Keep your money in your pocket and don’t fall for the hype

I feel bad for people looking for guidance on here. So many people trying to make a buck and an agenda. Stay away from the money grab and hype.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes most likely

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel bad for people looking for guidance on here. So many people trying to make a buck and an agenda. Stay away from the money grab and hype.

I agree with events from lax journal American select etc but I disagree about BIC. It really seems like a more genuine event

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, so many on here with a pessimistic outlook. How do you go through life with such negative views? Why do you complain about everything?
What causes you to be concerned about what others choose to do? Why care about how others choose to spend their money? Why do you make inaccurate and untrue statements?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club.
In the future as soon as you just see one coach, all the parents need to email club director right away and keep asking when that second coach will show up. Put the pressure on. Director is skating by thinking yall don’t care.

Good luck that same director or coach you are “Putting Pressure” on helping at all in the recruiting process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People asked for an a opinion and people gave their opinion.
Many gave it upon their personal experience. Why do you seem to be taking it so personal? Or are you the one trying to sell something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club.

Good luck that same director or coach you are “Putting Pressure” on helping at all in the recruiting process.

If they aren’t showing up to practice they’re likely not helping with recruiting either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, so many on here with a pessimistic outlook. How do you go through life with such negative views? Why do you complain about everything?
What causes you to be concerned about what others choose to do? Why care about how others choose to spend their money? Why do you make inaccurate and untrue statements?

Lol, not pessimistic at all. In fact, all three of my children succeeded to go to top schools all without trying to cheat the system. I feel sorry for people who have to manipulate everything in their child’s path so they can be noticed. Pathetic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! (I’m the one who wrote about pressure club director)
Better start some learning about recruiting and assume you will not get any help except to verify to colleges that your kid does exist in person.
The colleges are recruiting YOUR KID, not the their coach or recruiting director. There’s nothing wrong with asking about a second coach- it shows that you’re paying attention. It’s not like hounding them about why your kid is not playing.
Hit the books.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahaha , you are definitely nuts!
I guess the question is, why is this so personal for you?
Do you have something to profit from all the money grabs? Or just one? It does seem that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you have something to profit from all the money grabs? Or just one? It does seem that way.

Not original poster but these events are not all money grabs. This is a statement of opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not original poster but these events are not all money grabs. This is a statement of opinion.

Which one are you invested in? If you cut me into the profits I will help you sell it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, not pessimistic at all. In fact, all three of my children succeeded to go to top schools all without trying to cheat the system. I feel sorry for people who have to manipulate everything in their child’s path so they can be noticed. Pathetic

There absolutely is a lot of pessimistic and negative sentiment on here. Certain people try to tear down events, teams, players, rankings etc…. And sorry but worrying about the choices that others make is a negative behavior. Talking about the advantages or privilege that others have is also negative. Life is not fair, to each his own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Player goes to recruiting event and doesn’t get any interest from college coaches… parents call the event a money grab.

Player goes to UA tryouts and doesn’t make it… parents call the tryouts political.

Player decides to do a PG year …. And someone posted how it’s unfair to players in the grade below. Another posts how PG-ing is a privilege reserved for the wealthy.

Seems like a lot of excuses and complaining to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There absolutely is a lot of pessimistic and negative sentiment on here. Certain people try to tear down events, teams, players, rankings etc…. And sorry but worrying about the choices that others make is a negative behavior. Talking about the advantages or privilege that others have is also negative. Life is not fair, to each his own.

Seems like a healthy back and forth of opinions with the exception of the recent bashing of the club coach.
It not hard to figure out that a current parent wouldn’t keep posting the same lame pattern over and over. It disappeared for a while but seems to be circling back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any real info on jo? The website is terrible with no concrete info. Is there a list of coaches coming? It’s expensive. I’ve done expensive things for my kid in the past some better than others but this is crazy money imo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This question is not being answered. Are college coaches going to be at Junior open??? $850+ to attend.

Page 44 of 73 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard