Watch TDSports Live Stream Today: Smithtown West vs Sachem East Boys' Lacrosse at 4:30pm! Go-to Forums-BOTC Main Forum-HS Games Live Stream | TDSports. Enjoy!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
2028 Girls
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:18 PM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:14 PM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:13 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 10:44 PM
Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 10:40 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,061
Posts334,827
Members2,431
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 118 of 171 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 170 171
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #363749 01/23/22 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, so many on here with a pessimistic outlook. How do you go through life with such negative views? Why do you complain about everything?
What causes you to be concerned about what others choose to do? Why care about how others choose to spend their money? Why do you make inaccurate and untrue statements?

Lol, not pessimistic at all. In fact, all three of my children succeeded to go to top schools all without trying to cheat the system. I feel sorry for people who have to manipulate everything in their child’s path so they can be noticed. Pathetic

There absolutely is a lot of pessimistic and negative sentiment on here. Certain people try to tear down events, teams, players, rankings etc…. And sorry but worrying about the choices that others make is a negative behavior. Talking about the advantages or privilege that others have is also negative. Life is not fair, to each his own.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #363750 01/23/22 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, so many on here with a pessimistic outlook. How do you go through life with such negative views? Why do you complain about everything?
What causes you to be concerned about what others choose to do? Why care about how others choose to spend their money? Why do you make inaccurate and untrue statements?

Hahaha , you are definitely nuts!
I guess the question is, why is this so personal for you?
Do you have something to profit from all the money grabs? Or just one? It does seem that way.

Not original poster but these events are not all money grabs. This is a statement of opinion.

Player goes to recruiting event and doesn’t get any interest from college coaches… parents call the event a money grab.

Player goes to UA tryouts and doesn’t make it… parents call the tryouts political.

Player decides to do a PG year …. And someone posted how it’s unfair to players in the grade below. Another posts how PG-ing is a privilege reserved for the wealthy.

Seems like a lot of excuses and complaining to me.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363768 01/23/22 03:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, not pessimistic at all. In fact, all three of my children succeeded to go to top schools all without trying to cheat the system. I feel sorry for people who have to manipulate everything in their child’s path so they can be noticed. Pathetic

There absolutely is a lot of pessimistic and negative sentiment on here. Certain people try to tear down events, teams, players, rankings etc…. And sorry but worrying about the choices that others make is a negative behavior. Talking about the advantages or privilege that others have is also negative. Life is not fair, to each his own.

Seems like a healthy back and forth of opinions with the exception of the recent bashing of the club coach.
It not hard to figure out that a current parent wouldn’t keep posting the same lame pattern over and over. It disappeared for a while but seems to be circling back.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #363777 01/23/22 05:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any real info on jo? The website is terrible with no concrete info. Is there a list of coaches coming? It’s expensive. I’ve done expensive things for my kid in the past some better than others but this is crazy money imo.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363796 01/23/22 09:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This question is not being answered. Are college coaches going to be at Junior open??? $850+ to attend.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #363802 01/23/22 09:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any real info on jo? The website is terrible with no concrete info. Is there a list of coaches coming? It’s expensive. I’ve done expensive things for my kid in the past some better than others but this is crazy money imo.

Sorry
You are best to talk to the people running the event IMO.
Always go direct to the source.
Hopefully they can give some clarity before you pay all this money. Coaches or not ask questions and try to figure out if you are getting the HC, the top assistant or the graduate assistant. Or nobody at all?
Good luck

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #363810 01/23/22 10:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best in Class for girls, isn't this first year? No coaches confirmed, right? Any more info would be great.

Junior Open, first year also? Any coaches confirmed?? Any info would be great.

Under Armour is free after tryout fee. The Highlight teams will be full of 2023 and a few 2024 this year. Great weekend, but coaches know the 2024's will be at American Select. Still a great event.

American Select is a money grab. The best competition and the teams will be all 2024's. The sidelines were packed with top coaches for 2023's last year. Clearly was the top talent last year.

Is there another top recruiting even for 2024's this year??

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #363815 01/23/22 11:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just talking of these tournaments make me wonder if coaches or assistants host events/clinics/playdays with no intention of finding a recruit, just need to pay the bills.
Lacrosse Masters series is supposed to be be decent though.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363835 01/24/22 10:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just talking of these tournaments make me wonder if coaches or assistants host events/clinics/playdays with no intention of finding a recruit, just need to pay the bills.

College coaches do not do any recruiting, all of these so called recruiting showcases, prospect camps, and other events such as AS ands UA are money grabs. The college coaches only make offers to the politically connected and wealthy privileged players who the Club Directors recommend. Inside Lacrosse rankings are a joke and most of the players who are recognized will disappear at the next level. There are just so many deserving players out there who are not over hyped who go on to kill it at the next level that is why we see such parity in women's lacrosse. All of those politically connected players who go to schools like Maryland, North Carolina, Boston College, Northwestern, Syracuse, Princeton, Virginia, Stony Brook, Florida, Notre Dame, Penn, Duke etc... are just wealthy, politically connected players who game the system in order to play lacrosse. Don't waste your money on the money grabs, if you are good the coaches will find you, no need to play in front of an assistant coach because they have no say. The players who are overlooked are the real winners because they work harder, the players who make UA only make it because their parent is the coach and Inside Lacrosse only recognizes players who are connected those players do not work hard.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363837 01/24/22 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are just too many of these events out there now! Almost impossible to figure out what is a legit recruiting event? Too many people making money on these events, including the clubs. That’s why UA was great, as it was legit in the past. At least you knew what you were getting, and it was free to attend and it was about exposing talent! It was not a money grab. Now, the politics of all the clubs are taking over and ruining great events. The almighty $ clubs can make off these events is ruining them. Clubs should not be involved in running recruiting events.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #363847 01/24/22 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches do not do any recruiting, all of these so called recruiting showcases, prospect camps, and other events such as AS ands UA are money grabs. The college coaches only make offers to the politically connected and wealthy privileged players who the Club Directors recommend. Inside Lacrosse rankings are a joke and most of the players who are recognized will disappear at the next level. There are just so many deserving players out there who are not over hyped who go on to kill it at the next level that is why we see such parity in women's lacrosse. All of those politically connected players who go to schools like Maryland, North Carolina, Boston College, Northwestern, Syracuse, Princeton, Virginia, Stony Brook, Florida, Notre Dame, Penn, Duke etc... are just wealthy, politically connected players who game the system in order to play lacrosse. Don't waste your money on the money grabs, if you are good the coaches will find you, no need to play in front of an assistant coach because they have no say. The players who are overlooked are the real winners because they work harder, the players who make UA only make it because their parent is the coach and Inside Lacrosse only recognizes players who are connected those players do not work hard.

This is just totally foolish. They will not just find you. Most kids are not Charlotte Norths and will have to do lots of legwork to get seen by and in front of the college coaches. College coaches do recruiting and are always looking for good players to help them win. They have to know who a kid is. It doesn’t take $s to reach out to these coaches and send highlight videos, and fill out their questionnaires. Don’t sit back and hope someone notices, get pro active. There are so many Lax opportunities out there at every level.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363871 01/24/22 12:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like a healthy back and forth of opinions with the exception of the recent bashing of the club coach.
It not hard to figure out that a current parent wouldn’t keep posting the same lame pattern over and over. It disappeared for a while but seems to be circling back.

As a parent whose been through this with kids now in college it is probably true what is being said in regards to experiences of players on teams. Parents with kids on teams they aren't happy with but stuck with will continue to belittle the program despite any negative backash on their kid. They won't go to the director or coach directly because then they could take it out on their kid, so they turn to the internet to trash talk and air out grievances in hopes it anonymously makes its way back to the higher ups. Smart on the parents part to be honest. In my time in the lacrosse world it is unlikely that others would have all the information posters have that is specific to a team. If they do, it is being told to them by someone from within so either way the team has an issue. The info spreading through parents of the team on here or it's spreading by your parents telling other parents who post it here. Either way, there is something going on with your program and coach that needs to be addressed.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363904 01/24/22 04:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent whose been through this with kids now in college it is probably true what is being said in regards to experiences of players on teams. Parents with kids on teams they aren't happy with but stuck with will continue to belittle the program despite any negative backash on their kid. They won't go to the director or coach directly because then they could take it out on their kid, so they turn to the internet to trash talk and air out grievances in hopes it anonymously makes its way back to the higher ups. Smart on the parents part to be honest. In my time in the lacrosse world it is unlikely that others would have all the information posters have that is specific to a team. If they do, it is being told to them by someone from within so either way the team has an issue. The info spreading through parents of the team on here or it's spreading by your parents telling other parents who post it here. Either way, there is something going on with your program and coach that needs to be addressed.

Yaaah I’m not buying it. Seems obvious to be something else. I think it’s pretty lame how it’s being presented.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363908 01/24/22 05:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yaaah I’m not buying it. Seems obvious to be something else. I think it’s pretty lame how it’s being presented.

How what is being presented? The thread seems to be all over the place.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363919 01/24/22 06:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I look through all threads that are active and would have to disagree I think there is an issue with this team. Years ago parents turned to this forum about this team as well when a bunch of kids jumped ship in middle school. There has always been issues with the program and the team. I’m sure it’s a few toxic parents who aren’t happy who would rather hope that it gets addressed here and publicize the drama rather than put their name being it to their coaches or program.

Like Reply Quote
Page 118 of 171 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 170 171
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard