BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 116 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure this will have a positive impact on her recruiting. It could possibly done the opposite.

As a prior college lax coach (but now full time lax parent), I wouldn’t recruit this player mainly due to the fear that race issues would heavily influence the team dynamic. It’s obvious the parents are hyper sensitive about the issue and although I am not privy to their personal experience, there are too many potential recruits to take the chance on this one girl. I would move on and I am guessing many current coaches will do the same come recruiting time.
â˜đŸ»

Except that's the homogenous safe space BS that perpetuates the glass ceiling and discrimination in the sport. If recruiting were just about winning lacrosse championships then that's one thing. But it's also about granting admissions into many of the world's most elite and selective universities, and in turn into the most coveted and important professions down the road. When coaches at "top" schools like Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Brown, Cornell, Army etc. make it a priority to perpetuate blue-eyed safe spaces even though they are rarely or never in contention for the Final Four, then they are just exercising reverse affirmative action. At many of these schools, it could not be more flagrant that the most important qualification for getting recruited is eye color, not playing ability. Heck, you're already at a disadvantage if you are white but with brown eyes. These safe space coaches are denying admissions to other more qualified applicants who have busted their jerks - whether or not they play lacrosse - and failing in their bigger responsibility to cultivate real future leaders who are capable of comprehending diverse input and competent at tackling diverse issues. The failure is especially egregious at a institution like Army, which pays for student tuition with public tax dollars and has a responsibility to reflect and resemble the best of America's melting pot, not the Mayflower.

Wait-wait-Brown and Georgetown safe spaces for blue eyes? Hardly! Wokeism has broken that glass ceiling long ago.
Now—- if you had mentioned true blue eyed safe spaces like Richmond UVA Denver and Vandy (1 point for you) you’d have a much more credible comment.
Have you even taken a close look at the service academies lately? Another bastion of wokeism.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahahaha.... someone is extra woke. In the real world coaches get paid to win games. Including all of the institutions you named.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure this will have a positive impact on her recruiting. It could possibly done the opposite.

As a prior college lax coach (but now full time lax parent), I wouldn’t recruit this player mainly due to the fear that race issues would heavily influence the team dynamic. It’s obvious the parents are hyper sensitive about the issue and although I am not privy to their personal experience, there are too many potential recruits to take the chance on this one girl. I would move on and I am guessing many current coaches will do the same come recruiting time.
â˜đŸ»

Except that's the homogenous safe space BS that perpetuates the glass ceiling and discrimination in the sport. If recruiting were just about winning lacrosse championships then that's one thing. But it's also about granting admissions into many of the world's most elite and selective universities, and in turn into the most coveted and important professions down the road. When coaches at "top" schools like Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Brown, Cornell, Army etc. make it a priority to perpetuate blue-eyed safe spaces even though they are rarely or never in contention for the Final Four, then they are just exercising reverse affirmative action. At many of these schools, it could not be more flagrant that the most important qualification for getting recruited is eye color, not playing ability. Heck, you're already at a disadvantage if you are white but with brown eyes. These safe space coaches are denying admissions to other more qualified applicants who have busted their jerks - whether or not they play lacrosse - and failing in their bigger responsibility to cultivate real future leaders who are capable of comprehending diverse input and competent at tackling diverse issues. The failure is especially egregious at a institution like Army, which pays for student tuition with public tax dollars and has a responsibility to reflect and resemble the best of America's melting pot, not the Mayflower.

That’s the biggest load of BS I’ve read in a while even with your fancy words

Exactly! What the what!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the sport of lacrosse and both of my kids played at the elite level in club and HS and one is still playing D1. The WAPO article, and many of the responses here and on WAPO, are all bull. For the longest time, lacrosse was a only a prep school sport. It has been great to see its popularity grow and to see it spread like it has over the last 20-25 years. However, its growth will be capped, to some extent, by the fact that it is an expensive sport with regard to equipment, field use, transportation, etc. and in the south, deep south and southwest, competes with baseball and softball. Public school AD's simply don't have the budget space to add a sport as expensive as lacrosse. For that reason alone, it will continue to be predominantly regional public and private school sport.

Both of my children played with black players growing up and several of my daughters black teammates are now on, or will be on very good college teams. Like any sport, if you can play, you can play. With regard to the parents of the player in the article, good coaches will tell their players that barring serious injury, they do not want to hear from the parents except at pre and post game meet and greets. There is no surer way to get your child a one way ticket to the bench than to try to discuss playing time, positioning, strategy... with the coach(es). They don't come to your workplace to tell you how to do your jib. Also, I have seen it happen more than once where notoriously PITA parents have significantly harmed their child's recruiting process.

With regard to the socioeconomic elements the bleeding heart WAPO injected into the article, I would love to own and race thoroughbred horses, or maybe a Formula 1 Team, I don't because I can't afford it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 1000%. The same has been true for both of my kids regarding playing alongside black players and seeing those players be offered excellent opportunities at top 20 Division 1 programs. And I have seen this girl play lacrosse. She is extremely fast and can run like a gazelle but her lacrosse skills are lacking and anyone who watches her play alongside players who have better skills can see that. I watched every minute of the US tryouts this past summer and it was evident. And as for “sticking” players on defense
.a lot of coaches will tell you that they put their best athletes on defense so it is actually a compliment unless you think you’re entitled to score goals and do things that show up on the scoreboard.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

â˜đŸ»

Having served in uniform for 26 years, I will confidently tell you that all the service academies as well as the OCS/ROTC/etc. commissioning paths are looking for people of character. Nobody is rejected for eye color, skin color, etc. People are disqualified for health reasons, criminal records, etc. but not for the reasons you stated. The military is as close to a meritocracy as you will find in this country. Do problems with racial discrimination exist in the armed services? Yes, as they do in our society. Is it tolerated? Only by Commanders who are inept/corrupt and who will eventually be relieved and forced out of the service.

The military has a responsibility to attract and retain the most highly qualified personnel available. Discrimination (or reverse discrimination, as you suggest) runs counter to that responsibility.

The USMA is in the top 15% of US colleges in terms of racial diversity. 14% of the US population is black. 12% of the USMA Corps of Cadets is black.

The rest of the schools you mention have lower percentages of black students. Is that because of discrimination, or because of the choices students make as to where they apply?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true see Colin Powell. Confirmed liar. Talked his country into a needless war.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole thread just went woke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse went woke a long time ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yawn.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How good will SPSG this year. They lost a ton of talent. They have a ton of talent, but they don't have the experience of the group that just left. GCS is loaded this year. NDP is loaded at all levels. MCD is top heavy, but #1 player in the country will help all around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MCD, GCS, NDP and SPSG are some of the top teams in the nation and will battle it out for the Championship. There is a huge talent gap particularly in terms of depth with these top 4 teams compared to the rest of the league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MCD, GCS, NDP and SPSG are some of the top teams in the nation and will battle it out for the Championship. There is a huge talent gap particularly in terms of depth with these top 4 teams compared to the rest of the league.
are you saying the depth of the 4 top teams is not as good as the rest of the A division or they have more depth/talent than the rest of the A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top 4 teams have significantly more depth/talent than the rest of A by a wide margin. There are bench players on the aforementioned top 4 who would start at other A schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any insight on the Garrison Forest Lacrosse Program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top 4 teams have significantly more depth/talent than the rest of A by a wide margin. There are bench players on the aforementioned top 4 who would start at other A schools.
thought so...thanks for clarifying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have some good young players but nowhere near enough to be competitive with the top teams in the IAAM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never notice people mention Maryvale, how do they typically fare? Are they expected to improve/change much with the new coach? The school is high on my middle school daughter's list for non-athletic reasons, so I'd be grateful for any insight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have some good young players but nowhere near enough to be competitive with the top teams in the IAAM.

Give them a year or two and they will be more competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you saying the depth of the 4 top teams is not as good as the rest of the A division or they have more depth/talent than the rest of the A

More depth than the rest. Which means more legs in tough games. Or more players to turn to when the usual studs are having an off day. And more battles at practice where iron sharpens iron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never notice people mention Maryvale, how do they typically fare? Are they expected to improve/change much with the new coach? The school is high on my middle school daughter's list for non-athletic reasons, so I'd be grateful for any insight.

New coach is the real deal. They will be top flight within 2 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SUPER WOKE culture. Not saying that’s good or bad just make sure it’s the culture your looking for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The top 4 teams have significantly more depth/talent than the rest of A by a wide margin. There are bench players on the aforementioned top 4 who would start at other A schools.

This could be said for every division and level of all sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubtful. Pulling 1 or 2 good players a class isn't going to get you competitive with the top teams. I know they are throwing some money around but GFS just isn't the kind of school a lot of families are looking at these days for a myriad of reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Solid school. Pretty affordable by Iaam standards and you know he will be there for 4 more years.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Solid school. Pretty affordable by Iaam standards and you know he will be there for 4 more years.

[ChillLaxin].

Awful example for a leader of young women.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

[ChillLaxin].

Why?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

[ChillLaxin].

Why?

Looks like my reply was sent to soon or edited by moderators.

Anyway, the new Maryvale coach got kicked out of a game last season over a bad call. (probably cost them the game)

Dude went ballistic on refs, yelling / cussing / etc for several mins and had to be escorted off field.

I get it, we all get caught up in the moment but there were tons of little laxers around and was in bad form.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[ChillLaxin].

Why?

Looks like my reply was sent to soon or edited by moderators.

Anyway, the new Maryvale coach got kicked out of a game last season over a bad call. (probably cost them the game)

Dude went ballistic on refs, yelling / cussing / etc for several mins and had to be escorted off field.

I get it, we all get caught up in the moment but there were tons of little laxers around and was in bad form.

So one example is reason to be an awful role model ? Interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when American Select will post coaches for Maryland & DC regions for the different age groups? Seems like that would be good to know when deciding between UA or AS tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse went woke a long time ago.

Funny how US lacrosse named her to U16 team as a defender too. Wonder if mommy and daddy have issue with that. Making the team over much better defenders too. Any chance she only accepts a spot on the team this year if she’s not selected as a midfielder ? See how much pull the head of diversity for US lax has to get her chosen one on the team again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when American Select will post coaches for Maryland & DC regions for the different age groups? Seems like that would be good to know when deciding between UA or AS tryouts.

UA - $145 total
AS - $700 total plus hotel rooms near the beach.
Unless you are a 24 looking for a little more recruiting you should try UA or give your daughter some time off unless money doesn’t matter to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SUPER WOKE culture. Not saying that’s good or bad just make sure it’s the culture your looking for.

Can you please explain this comment? my daughter is looking at GFS as an option. We love the small size, the chance to play early and often. the ability to play multiple sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious to know as well. Also we are considering McD but heard TC might be leaving after this year. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of these independent schools are WOKE!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lean hard l to the left. Woke individuals smell out the injustice and prejudice even where they do not exist! They crave conflict and will go to any lengths to achieve it. These people enjoy concocting issues of race equity culture, political correctness, social injustice, racism, and more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of rainbow’s, black t-shirts and pink cat hats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's the society we live in today. everyone has a cause.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lean hard l to the left. Woke individuals smell out the injustice and prejudice even where they do not exist! They crave conflict and will go to any lengths to achieve it. These people enjoy concocting issues of race equity culture, political correctness, social injustice, racism, and more.

Hmmm
 I have a feeling you “crave” conflict!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of rainbow’s, black t-shirts and pink cat hats

And
. To each their own! You want same freedoms and equal rights for all, right? Or do you?? Hmmm , Freedom of speech. So, what’s your problem?

Like Reply Quote
Page 57 of 116 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard