BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 112 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Well played Sir or Madam...well played (especially point #4)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg
New to BOC but wanted to provide some thoughts since I already had a couple of daughters go through this time period and college recruiting process.

1. Girls change (duh). Some dominate players will become just ok by high school, some ok players will become dominate by high school, some girls will quit lax and focus on soccer/field hockey

2. Team rosters will change dramatically until around 9th even 10th grade. Rankings don't mean to much until fall of 10th grade, recruiters will show up for top tier games (M&D vs Heroes, YJ LI vs. SW Blue, Monster Purple vs. FL Select, etc) For example, at Presidents cup you will see 10-20 coaches at the AA games, 5-10 at A games, 1-5 at B games

3. College coaches will pay really attention starting in fall of 10th grade...again...they don't care about middle school at all. (not even a little bit)

4. College coaches all ask the same questions. a. How are their grades? b. Is she coachable? c. How are the parents (they already know if the girl can play)

5. College coaches don't care about the score of the game or who won. Recruiters are looking at the skill set, body type and look for intangibles. (hustle, attitude, etc)

Final thoughts, don't ruin the sport for your kid. Being 12-14 is hard enough with social media, puberty, middle school, boys, sports, etc...ensure your daughter know you love her, support her and want her to learn the intangibles of the sport. Learn how to win, lose, be a good teammate, deal with adversity, etc.

The parents are the ones who will ruin the sport for the kid (they will resent you or be embarrassed by you)...don't be that mom or dad.

Generally a good list.

But a few glaring comments/additions/corrections that need to be addressed:

#1 If girls quit, they weren't D1 material anyway.
#2 "Rankings don't matter" to losers and kids on bad unranked teams.
#3 The only coaches that truly "care" about middle school are D1 coaches.
#4c College coaches want to know if the parent REALLY understands the game. Parents should show them they do my yelling instructions at their daughter and correcting referee calls as much as possible.
#5 D3 college coaches don't care about scores. But D1 coaches do. Always play to win...and win by a lot. FOrget situational awareness and sportsmanship. D1 coaches like to see how many goals you can beat your opponent by.

Carry on.

Parents already know this! Happens at all age groups too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Multiple girls on 24 and 25 Black have been cut by M&D in middle school years and turned down Red offers. Can't think of any who turned down black offers."

This is not true. There have been girls who have turned down black offers.

The only girls that have turned a black off went to Sw blue. Some black to red have turned down those offers to go to the top team at a weaker club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to BOC but wanted to provide some thoughts since I already had a couple of daughters go through this time period and college recruiting process.

1. Girls change (duh). Some dominate players will become just ok by high school, some ok players will become dominate by high school, some girls will quit lax and focus on soccer/field hockey

2. Team rosters will change dramatically until around 9th even 10th grade. Rankings don't mean to much until fall of 10th grade, recruiters will show up for top tier games (M&D vs Heroes, YJ LI vs. SW Blue, Monster Purple vs. FL Select, etc) For example, at Presidents cup you will see 10-20 coaches at the AA games, 5-10 at A games, 1-5 at B games

3. College coaches will pay really attention starting in fall of 10th grade...again...they don't care about middle school at all. (not even a little bit)

4. College coaches all ask the same questions. a. How are their grades? b. Is she coachable? c. How are the parents (they already know if the girl can play)

5. College coaches don't care about the score of the game or who won. Recruiters are looking at the skill set, body type and look for intangibles. (hustle, attitude, etc)

Final thoughts, don't ruin the sport for your kid. Being 12-14 is hard enough with social media, puberty, middle school, boys, sports, etc...ensure your daughter know you love her, support her and want her to learn the intangibles of the sport. Learn how to win, lose, be a good teammate, deal with adversity, etc.

The parents are the ones who will ruin the sport for the kid (they will resent you or be embarrassed by you)...don't be that mom or dad.

Well said. I will add one point to #3. The only thing about middle school that coaches care about is if a girls frequently switches club. If a girl has been on 3 or 4 clubs in 5 years, that is a MASSIVE red flag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They updated the club rankings yesterday, not that only fall games can really be accurate heres my take (cause its a long time before meaningful games again)

1) M&D Black
2) Madskillz
3) Eagle Stix Blue
4) Hero’s Green
5) Prime Time
6) Yellow Jackets – Gradzidei
7) Aces Elite
8) FLG Navy
9) Pride Red
10) BLC

Eaglestix should be the top team. No losses and only tie to YJ A.
M&D Black and Madskillz 2-3.

Prime Time is inflated. Impressive losses to Eaglestix and YJ A however, I’d move them just outside top-10.

FLG should be behind Pride Red, BLC and LBC.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Well said. I will add one point to #3. The only thing about middle school that coaches care about is if a girls frequently switches club. If a girl has been on 3 or 4 clubs in 5 years, that is a MASSIVE red flag.

Generally, anything more than 2 team switches (maybe 3 if they started really young) would set off some warning flares.

10/10 times its the parents and they have unrealistic expectations.

Feel awful for the kid, they likely have an awful car ride to/from every game and practice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]They updated the club rankings yesterday, not that only fall games can really be accurate heres my take (cause its a long time before meaningful games again)

1) M&D Black
2) Madskillz
3) Eagle Stix Blue
4) Hero’s Green
5) Prime Time
7) Aces Elite
8) FLG Navy
9) Pride Red
10) BLC

To be the best you gotta beat the best consistently. Eagle Stix can’t be #1 playing weak southern Tournies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]They updated the club rankings yesterday, not that only fall games can really be accurate heres my take (cause its a long time before meaningful games again)

1) M&D Black
2) Madskillz
3) Eagle Stix Blue
4) Hero’s Green
5) Prime Time
7) Aces Elite
8) FLG Navy
9) Pride Red
10) BLC

To be the best you gotta beat the best consistently. Eagle Stix can’t be #1 playing weak southern Tournies.

They played five fall tournaments, 1 in MD, 1 in NJ and 1 in NY. They play in all the summer tournaments up in MD/DE/NJ/PA like the rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) M&D Black
2) Madskillz
3) Eagle Stix Blue
4) Hero’s Green
5) Prime Time
7) Aces Elite
8) FLG Navy
9) Pride Red
10) BLC

Not sure how you put Prime Time over YJ A or Aces , but the rest makes sense. I'd put Eagle Stix over Madskillz, but eventually they will play.

I'd go

1) MD Black
2) ES Blue
3) Madskills
4) HG
5) YJ A
6) Aces Elite
7) Prime time
8) Pride
9) BLC
10) YJ B

That said just based on the eye test, I think YJ A is probably the most talented team, but just doesn't seem together on the offensive end. Wouldn't be surprised if they end the year #1.

From top to bottom, M&D is clearly the top team due to ridiculous talent on bench. However, that advantage will go away in the summer when most teams go to 14-16 girl rotations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) M&D Black
2) Madskillz
3) Eagle Stix Blue
4) Hero’s Green
5) Prime Time
7) Aces Elite
8) FLG Navy
9) Pride Red
10) BLC

They played five fall tournaments, 1 in MD, 1 in NJ and 1 in NY. They play in all the summer tournaments up in MD/DE/NJ/PA like the rest.

M&D and Eagle Stix. 1 and 2. Either order really nothing to complain about. Both are really really good. We've had the pleasure of playing both and they are both great teams.

Eagle Stix will probably be up north a bunch more than before. Since that's where the bigger tournaments are.

Rankings will be constantly revolving

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) M&D Black
2) Madskillz
3) Eagle Stix Blue
4) Hero’s Green
5) Prime Time
7) Aces Elite
8) FLG Navy
9) Pride Red
10) BLC

I have a feeling one of the biggest factors in the ranking system is strength of schedule. If you see a team who's schedule is under 90, they probably aren't playing difficult competition.

If you look at Hero's, M&D, Aces...teams like that, they are usually by year end in thr 95 range in the schedule difficulty area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) M&D Black
2) Madskillz
3) Eagle Stix Blue
4) Hero’s Green
5) Prime Time
7) Aces Elite
8) FLG Navy
9) Pride Red
10) BLC

I have a feeling one of the biggest factors in the ranking system is strength of schedule. If you see a team who's schedule is under 90, they probably aren't playing difficult competition.

If you look at Hero's, M&D, Aces...teams like that, they are usually by year end in thr 95 range in the schedule difficulty area.

Agreed, and as the best teams advance in playoffs, championships, they also get more games against top teams.

If you go to the "rating math" tab you can see how many pts were earned for each game.

Example, M&D got 104.32 pts for blowing out Pride Red 14-3. Blow outs are key.

That game was worth more than beating Hero's Green 6-3 (100.33) and Madskillz 9-4 (102.74)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take the rankings with a grain of salt. They update sometimes, not others. They weigh some things higher, somethings less. You’ll know top teams and where they’re at when you see them play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take the rankings with a grain of salt. They update sometimes, not others. They weigh some things higher, somethings less. You’ll know top teams and where they’re at when you see them play.

I thought at end of summer, after 35-40 games played, they were darn accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe this is the year somebody knocks M&D ( and to some extent Hero's) off the top of the rankings in the DMV.

LBC or Pride or BLC.

Those 2 teams are good. But the others are catching up. Maybe somebody sneaky like NEMS. anything can happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pipe dreams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pipe dreams

Seriously. Did BLC and LBC hire PR firms to post on here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) M&D Black
2) Madskillz
3) Eagle Stix Blue
4) Hero’s Green
5) Prime Time
7) Aces Elite
8) FLG Navy
9) Pride Red
10) BLC

From top to bottom, M&D is clearly the top team due to ridiculous talent on bench. However, that advantage will go away in the summer when most teams go to 14-16 girl rotations.

Here’s a hot take, M&D doesn’t have great depth. There’s a big drop in talent, especially attack after their starters, I’ve seen it many times, even M&D parents say it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) M&D Black
2) Madskillz
3) Eagle Stix Blue
4) Hero’s Green
5) Prime Time
7) Aces Elite
8) FLG Navy
9) Pride Red
10) BLC

Here’s a hot take, M&D doesn’t have great depth. There’s a big drop in talent, especially attack after their starters, I’ve seen it many times, even M&D parents say it.

I'm sure the parents do. Lol

Maybe that was the case last year when they had like 27 girls. But I assume (like every top team) they thinned out the least talented and added better talent. Looking at the roster it seems smaller

They are fun to play. My daughter has friends on that team. We've never heard any chatter. But who knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe this is the year somebody knocks M&D ( and to some extent Hero's) off the top of the rankings in the DMV.

LBC or Pride or BLC.

Those 2 teams are good. But the others are catching up. Maybe somebody sneaky like NEMS. anything can happen.
Pipe dreams

More likely parents having too much to drink and surfing the web late at night. BLC has had a big drop from previous seasons from what I saw this fall and lost some key players because of frustration with the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) M&D Black
2) Madskillz
3) Eagle Stix Blue
4) Hero’s Green
5) Prime Time
7) Aces Elite
8) FLG Navy
9) Pride Red
10) BLC

Won't matter in the Spring with the tighter rotations for competitive games.

Assuming they win, NGLL Championship weekend will be a big test when they will likely see Eagle Stix, Madskillz, and Aces.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC or Pride or BLC.

Pipe dreams

More likely parents having too much to drink and surfing the web late at night. BLC has had a big drop from previous seasons from what I saw this fall and lost some key players because of frustration with the coaches.

BLC also ends after 8th grade. Might as well get to the bigger clubs early if you can, unless you're convinced you will make Capital.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like that bald headed Hero’s dad making this assumption. I’m guessing he’s pretty upset that M&D has beaten Hero’s 7 games in a row.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like that bald headed Hero’s dad making this assumption. I’m guessing he’s pretty upset that M&D has beaten Hero’s 7 games in a row.

LOL +1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL +1

All of this talk about M&D parents bad mouthing other players abilities on their own team or Hero's parents starting the chatter.

It's not happening. These teams get along. Highly competitive games every time. Most parents from both sides know each other. Some are friends outside of lacrosse.

It's the 2 best teams in Maryland. Talking down players abilities or team depth and speculation that Hero's parent is behind it is pretty silly.

When you perform as well as both of these teams, it's usually someone else trying to start trouble.

Good luck to both teams this spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Hero's Dad is making an assumption someone knocks off M&D (and Hero's),

M&D parents going to be jumping off bridges in next few years when the playing field levels off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL +1

You mean the one whose kid used to play for M&D?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL +1

Finally common ground for M&D parents and non-M&D parents, hahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL +1

All of this talk about M&D parents bad mouthing other players abilities on their own team or Hero's parents starting the chatter.

It's not happening. These teams get along. Highly competitive games every time. Most parents from both sides know each other. Some are friends outside of lacrosse.

It's the 2 best teams in Maryland. Talking down players abilities or team depth and speculation that Hero's parent is behind it is pretty silly.

When you perform as well as both of these teams, it's usually someone else trying to start trouble.

Good luck to both teams this spring.

"Starting trouble", the poster simply said maybe someone knocks off M&D, that's it. LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can call it boasting, I call it truthing-
No one is beating M&D this year. Its wishful thinking on your part.
A better, more realistic question is if anyone can give us a game and stay within 2-3 goals.
There might be one or two teams who can have a good day, but if recent results are any indicator, no one likely will. Including Hero's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A better, more realistic question is if anyone can give us a game and stay within 2-3 goals.
There might be one or two teams who can have a good day, but if recent results are any indicator, no one likely will. Including Hero's.

Best chance is YJ A if they can ever get their offense together. Only club on the same level with talent. (probably more in the starting 12)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone please tell M&D dad that they already lost this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL +1

You mean the one whose kid used to play for M&D?

When she was seven! Those days are long gone bald eagle. Can't wait to see you whining on the sidelines again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone please tell M&D dad that they already lost this year?

You clowns always fall for this stuff. No M&D parent would post this stuff. Obviously a rival team trying to be funny. There are plenty if good teams who on any given day could beat each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s the thing with recent results, they tend to change.

Recipe to win is simple, but difficult, win the draws, don’t turn it over and have good goalie / defense play.

Slow the game down, don’t try to get into a shoot out with M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Recipe to win is simple, but difficult, win the draws, don’t turn it over and have good goalie / defense play.

Slow the game down = playing scared

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell me you don't know lacrosse without telling me you don't know lacrosse.

If you aren't likely to win the DC battle, the more goals scored, the less likely you are to get possession.

You don't want transition offenses to take over the game. You slow it down. You wait for a good shot on goal. Maybe force a shooting space or 3 sec goal.

Proof is in Pudding:

NEMS 8-7 over M&D
BLC 7-3 over M&D
M&D 6-5 over Aces
YJ A 7-6 over Hero's Green
MDU 5-3 over YJ A
LBS 6-5 over Hero's Green
Eagle Stix 6-2 over M&D

You try to pull an upset in a 13-12 game, its not going to happen. You must limit possessions. Rely on defense/goalie to make stops.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you aren't likely to win the DC battle, the more goals scored, the less likely you are to get possession.

You don't want transition offenses to take over the game. You slow it down. You wait for a good shot on goal. Maybe force a shooting space or 3 sec goal.

Proof is in Pudding:

NEMS 8-7 over M&D
BLC 7-3 over M&D
M&D 6-5 over Aces
MDU 5-3 over YJ A
Eagle Stix 6-2 over M&D

You try to pull an upset in a 13-12 game, its not going to happen. You must limit possessions. Rely on defense/goalie to make stops.

Again, wishful thinking. Any time we have lost its been in the offseason or with girls missing. No one is coming close to us when we are at full strength.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can honestly say, with 22 man roster, I'm not sure we've ever had the full roster healthy and at "full strength", lol.

But if you want to use that excuse, go for it. Eaglestix dominated M&D, two goals? Really? I watched the game, you guys couldn't get a GB or win a DC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proof is in Pudding:

NEMS 8-7 over M&D
BLC 7-3 over M&D
M&D 6-5 over Aces
MDU 5-3 over YJ A
Eagle Stix 6-2 over M&D

Again, wishful thinking. Any time we have lost its been in the offseason or with girls missing. No one is coming close to us when we are at full strength.

Is M&D the best team in MD, yes? Are they completely dominant? not even close. Are they as dominant as Hero's Green 26s were last year? maybe.

All that said, remember strange things happen in girls lacrosse, especially in tourneys, even more so in 20 minute knockout games? What happens if they have a game played on a small field which neutralizes draws controls?

What happens when they go to the northeast where refs manage the game more college style and let the girls play? What happens when they have to play a team which is much more physical than them like Aces or YJ? What happens when they have to play a team with a better goalie like YJ? What happens when they play an offense which executes better than their like Eagle Stix.

Do I think M&D will go undefeated in NGLL mid-atlantic? More than likely. Do I think they will win NGLL nationals? more probable than not. Do I think they will go undefeated and untied over the summer? Highly, highly doubtful.

Their biggest challenge will be Lax For the Cure when they likely will have to beat Aces, YJ, Heros in front of northeast refs.

Page 23 of 112 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard