BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 72 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where's the Chatter? How is HOCO gonna line up?
Who are the movers and shakers?

All the chatterbox dads held back to the 28 Hawks. That board has exploded for a reason.

Hawks 28 dads, bad group? What’s the deal

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All players must be born on or after 9/1/2008 for the 13U division. Birth certificate submission will be required by each player
All players must compete with their program on a regular basis
Partnerships or alliances between two or more clubs to create a team is not permitted
Players can't be added to a roster only to particpate in the Lacrosse World Series Championship
A minimum of participating in two events (Leagues/Tournaments) outside of a Lacrosse World Series Championship Event is required of each player. These events must precede the Championship event

Getting two events in under your belt before WS shouldn’t be a problem but explaining to the players/parents that are of age that they won’t get much playing time because of the added outside players for this one event could be a headache for the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a geographic requirement i.e. players need to live within x miles to play on the same team?

Or will national teams be allowed as long as they play 2 tourneys together prior to the World Series?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100 miles and you have to be part of the regular roster. The old organizer never verified this. For that matter, the old organizer didn't care who entered so long as the check didn't bounce.

How many teams do you know have any players on a 7th grade club team with players living over 100 miles away?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100 miles and you have to be part of the regular roster. The old organizer never verified this. For that matter, the old organizer didn't care who entered so long as the check didn't bounce.

How many teams do you know have any players on a 7th grade club team with players living over 100 miles away?

Sweetlax, FL has kids who live in Baltimore on the team.
So yes, it happens.
Pathetic, but it happens.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, 3D, Mad Dog, ADVNC, UNRL, etc all have national teams with kids from multiple states that play together in some tourneys. I'm guessing many of the western teams draw kids from over 100 miles i.e. West Coast Starz, Colorado Kings, Texas Mustangs.

I'm sure the tourney doesn't want to discourage these western programs from participating . . . but including these national programs would change the feel of the event. I'm not sure of the best way to address this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if you want the names of clubs or if this is a competition to see who can name more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So yes, it happens.

Sorry your son got bumped. Have him Hit The Wall !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, 3D, Mad Dog, ADVNC, UNRL, etc all have national teams with kids from multiple states that play together in some tourneys. I'm guessing many of the western teams draw kids from over 100 miles i.e. West Coast Starz, Colorado Kings, Texas Mustangs.

I'm sure the tourney doesn't want to discourage these western programs from participating . . . but including these national programs would change the feel of the event. I'm not sure of the best way to address this.

The Colorado Kings pull from a 40 mile radius in south Denver. They are not a national team. The Texas Mustangs pull from the Dallas area.. The Colorado Kings have a WSYL team, but I don’t believe the Mustangs will have one as several of their players age out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So yes, it happens.

So yes, it happens.

What do you expect? MD kids will always beat out FL kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren’t discouraging the clubs, they are discouraging the club’s national teams. Highly unlikely it will be enforced.

Can’t wait to see the quality of the qualifiers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Colorado Kings pull from a 40 mile radius in south Denver. They are not a national team. The Texas Mustangs pull from the Dallas area.. The Colorado Kings have a WSYL team, but I don’t believe the Mustangs will have one as several of their players age out.

So the Kings didn’t have players from Texas on the squad that won NLF in the summer? I heard otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did. I don’t know the affiliation between the 2 clubs but they do seem to coordinate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did. I don’t know the affiliation between the 2 clubs but they do seem to coordinate.

I had no idea that any part of Texas was within a 40 mile radius of Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess geophagy wasnt your best subject

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that folks are trying to pull WSYL together, but I will be surprised if it happens. Qualifiers are in just over a month, and it would need to be further along if it was for real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mustangs were at NLF as well, so don’t think they coordinate. They are a Denver club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the Kings didn’t have players from Texas on the squad that won NLF in the summer? I heard otherwise.

You guys just can’t cope with losing to a team from Colorado. Give props where it’s due. That team is good and not a national team. The Kings and Mustangs play together at Nationals LC. That’s it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys just can’t cope with losing to a team from Colorado. Give props where it’s due. That team is good and not a national team. The Kings and Mustangs play together at Nationals LC. That’s it.

HOCO Rules!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we have a list of the elite teams for hoco yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we have a list of the elite teams for hoco yet?

MadLax
Hawks
NextLevel

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same as last year, no change: Hawks, NL, ML, Crabs, FCA, Team 91, Team MD, Sidewinders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same as last year, no change: Hawks, NL, ML, Crabs, FCA, Team 91, Team MD, Sidewinders.

No way sidewinders are in elite. When was the last time they won a game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought True Annapolis had to move up because they went undefeated in AAA…?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sidewinders picked up a bunch of MESA players since they folded. They had wins against DCE and VLC and tied Madlax this fall so could make an argument to stay in Elite IF they wanted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sidewinders picked up a bunch of MESA players since they folded. They had wins against DCE and VLC and tied Madlax this fall so could make an argument to stay in Elite IF they wanted.

DCE? So they played up? Tying Madlax says more about how far they have fallen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax to AAA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax to AAA?

hahahaha, CM would blow a gasket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax to AAA?
You wish. still butt hurt from that 9-2 beat down?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax to AAA?
You wish. still butt hurt from that 9-2 beat down?

Yeah that must be it. Now go get your dangles untangled from your zipper 1/4 zip dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was there actually player movement with Madlax, or is it just fallball where they don’t have their full roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there actually player movement with Madlax, or is it just fallball where they don’t have their full roster?[/quote]

Sorry Madlax dad, Cabell doesn't do fall rosters when he's constantly holding tryouts and trying to imtimidate players. Madlax fell off because of the ridiculous merger with the BLC coach and players. The player movement was some of their better players leaving for VLC, BLC and NL. Madlax is still a good team though and should challenge for 2nd place in HoCo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there actually player movement with Madlax, or is it just fallball where they don’t have their full roster?

Sorry Madlax dad, Cabell doesn't do fall rosters when he's constantly holding tryouts and trying to imtimidate players. Madlax fell off because of the ridiculous merger with the BLC coach and players. The player movement was some of their better players leaving for VLC, BLC and NL. Madlax is still a good team though and should challenge for 2nd place in HoCo[/quote]

"challenge for 2nd place" to who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level is loaded and is super well coached!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm calling fake news on this. The only way Sidewinders is playing in Elite is if Ricky is forcing them to do so. They want no part of that again after last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level is loaded and is super well coached!!!

Hello Mr. Heeter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Madlax dad, Cabell doesn't do fall rosters when he's constantly holding tryouts and trying to imtimidate players. Madlax fell off because of the ridiculous merger with the BLC coach and players. The player movement was some of their better players leaving for VLC, BLC and NL. Madlax is still a good team though and should challenge for 2nd place in HoCo[/quote]

Madlax was a much stronger team with the merger at first. They had about 35 players to choose from that they would double roster in fall tournaments. They they cut a bunch of BLC players and the weaker ML players for the spring. After that is when the families got tired of the BS due to the BLC coach taking over and that's when players left. The team will be lucky to challenge for the final four.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax doesn't do fall rosters because it's easier to shuffle Capital kids to DMV games to keep that ranking/placement heading into the spring HoCO season high.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean Madlax shuffles players from sideline to sideline at the same tournament like they did last fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Madlax dad, Cabell doesn't do fall rosters when he's constantly holding tryouts and trying to imtimidate players. Madlax fell off because of the ridiculous merger with the BLC coach and players. The player movement was some of their better players leaving for VLC, BLC and NL. Madlax is still a good team though and should challenge for 2nd place in HoCo

Madlax was a much stronger team with the merger at first. They had about 35 players to choose from that they would double roster in fall tournaments. They they cut a bunch of BLC players and the weaker ML players for the spring. After that is when the families got tired of the BS due to the BLC coach taking over and that's when players left. The team will be lucky to challenge for the final four.[/quote]

Or they got cut because they played the same position as BLC coaches kid!

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 72 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard