BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 251 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Predators will be AAA by Summer and contending for being one of better AAA by summer end.

I think if they keep their “alignment” with St Paul’s, they will eventually get better.
It appears they are aligned with St Paul's and McDonogh now.
I heard some boys are heading over to bakerfield BL and St Pats

They have boys from all over, The coaches are were largely St Paul's and Towson U.
Now MCD people have recently gotten involved on the admin and coaching side.

Cream rises to the top. Predators will be a top Club within a year. Talk of Baltimore and MIAA

Do the predators happen to be related to the rebels by any chance?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators will be AAA by Summer and contending for being one of better AAA by summer end.

I think if they keep their “alignment” with St Paul’s, they will eventually get better.

They have boys from all over, The coaches are were largely St Paul's and Towson U.

Cream rises to the top. Predators will be a top Club within a year. Talk of Baltimore and MIAA

HAVE THE PREDATORS EVER WON A GAME?
Feel bad for these kids. Parents probably harping, “winning isn’t everything, boys.”

Disbanded in a year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Feel bad for these kids. Parents probably harping, “winning isn’t everything, boys.”

Disbanded in a year

OUCH ! Didnt get an invite to join Predators. No reason to lash out. I know its tough on you and junior, there is always next year. Look forward, not backward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on if the Preds troll actually has a kid on Preds? Or is it some obsessive parent/coach from somewhere else who inexplicably hopes the club fails?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since we are talking AA here is my guess for Spring Hoco:

True DC(Lost some kids to Next Level and added the bottom kids from HoCo Pink/Black)
Preds (New team: Mostly FCA white/blue send-offs, KP, HoCo Pink 2 best players, Forest Hill Stud goalie)
Team 91 (They don't belong in AAA, mostly same team, Swarm and HoCo Pink additions)
Next Level Red (New team: 1 or 2 studs should carry the team; will be AAA next year)
Sidewinders (Same team?)
Ville (A few solid kids, great FO, mostly same kids)
True Annapolis White (Not much info)
Madlax DMV (Big difference between DMV and Madlax Elite team)
BLC Orange (Maybe? Should prob be A)

Championship: Team 91 vs Preds with Next Level making strong push.

Strong possibility they have a B division with a bunch of new teams. Up next....AAA.

Will not be 11 teams in any division
Well if you count correctly it appears there are 9 in this division Fauci

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on if the Preds troll actually has a kid on Preds? Or is it some obsessive parent/coach from somewhere else who inexplicably hopes the club fails?

Relax Mister Upright . Dont get your panties all knotted up over it . All in fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True DC(Lost some kids to Next Level and added the bottom kids from HoCo Pink/Black)
Preds (New team: Mostly FCA white/blue send-offs, KP, HoCo Pink 2 best players, Forest Hill Stud goalie)
Team 91 (They don't belong in AAA, mostly same team, Swarm and HoCo Pink additions)
Next Level Red (New team: 1 or 2 studs should carry the team; will be AAA next year)
Sidewinders (Same team?)

Strong possibility they have a B division with a bunch of new teams. Up next....AAA.

True DC (their MoCo team) or True DMV if they create some "super" regional team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disbanded in a year

OUCH ! Didnt get an invite to join Predators. No reason to lash out. I know its tough on you and junior, there is always next year. Look forward, not backward.

If it takes an “invite” to play on this team, those in charge are muppets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax Mister Upright . Dont get your panties all knotted up over it . All in fun.

It’s clearly a lame who doesn’t have any idea how corny they actually are. They think they are funny - which is a top three saddest thing I’ve seen in months.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s clearly a lame who doesn’t have any idea how corny they actually are. They think they are funny - which is a top three saddest thing I’ve seen in months.

Someone did his panties knotted up. Top Three ? List Please

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the Preds talk. It's funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typically we see some solid teams in March over in Delaware. March 13 Spring Thaw and March 19-20 Spring Madness. Hawks and Madlax have played previous years, anyone else getting an early look at the Spring Season? Kids haven’t played much yet, but it’s a good way to get ready for HoCo.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Typically we see some solid teams in March over in Delaware. March 13 Spring Thaw and March 19-20 Spring Madness. Hawks and Madlax have played previous years, anyone else getting an early look at the Spring Season? Kids haven’t played much yet, but it’s a good way to get ready for HoCo.

What about the march kickoff invitational?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like most teams are registered for HoCo. Teams can still register but early bird deal is done.
So far:
Elite - 8
AAA - 8
AA - 5
A - 9
I would imagine there are 5-10 more teams that will sign up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like most teams are registered for HoCo. Teams can still register but early bird deal is done.
So far:
Elite - 8
AAA - 8
AA - 5
A - 9

Don’t leave us hanging… 😀

Who is where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far:
Elite - 8
AAA - 8
AA - 5
A - 9

Who is where?

Right?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 8 in AAA? Interesting. Maybe some teams just haven’t registered yet because I could probably name 11 or 12 whose try to slot there.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Top 10 shooters in the DMV
Tegan Walsh
Claire Mytenger
Quinlan Oniel
Ellie Super
Alina Macdermott
Lila Desarno
Maggie Cannon
Riley Boylan
Riley Kimmel
Charlotte Dworkin

no order but go tegan go

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Sidewinders (Same team?)

True DC (their MoCo team) or True DMV if they create some "super" regional team?
My son who is on a b team asked why madlax DMV was ranked and the other 28 b teams arent I said because there a business and have such a big following they get more spotlight however Next level red Blc orange these teams and other b teams deserved to be ranked this is a year to finally see were these teams are they don't have to be top 50 but they should create a bigger list and add a b team list aswell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off, this is the boys 28 thread not girls so stop reposting the girl shooters. Secondly, tell your kid if he wants to be on a ranked team hit the wall and come try out for an Elite team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by DMVLAX

Sidewinders (Same team?)

My son who is on a b team asked why madlax DMV was ranked and the other 28 b teams arent I said because there a business and have such a big following they get more spotlight however Next level red Blc orange these teams and other b teams deserved to be ranked this is a year to finally see were these teams are they don't have to be top 50 but they should create a bigger list and add a b team list aswell

I think Hawks and FCA Black and White teams are ranked. I think there is a minimum # of games need to be ranked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far:
Elite - 8
AAA - 8
AA - 5
A - 9

Who is where?

Right?!
Not showing teams, only the amount of teams that have registered so far. There were 35 last year, minus HoCo Pink and Breakers and new teams are Preds, Next Level Red, Blue Claws B team, VLC, so probably more to sign up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far:
Elite - 8
AAA - 8
AA - 5
A - 9

The 8 for elite is interesting. Presumably that includes the 7 that played elite last year. Anyone know whether the other team is True KP or Blue Claws?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Covid has very little to do with the talent missing from 29 class. It is a down year for the majority of on age players. Like Capitalism, the flow of goods ( holdbacks) will
fill this in soon.

This is somewhat true, but 2028 (on age) is a smaller class of lax kids in the DC/MD area also. Maybe 1/3 smaller than the 2026-2024 groups.

2028 has no Koopers team, no Breakers team, no Looneys team, and Kelly Post's B team folded to bring #s to True Baltimore, who couldn't put together a roster either. 2028 Predators is basically HoCo Pink (gone) plus several FCA and Crabs kids (honestly, all kids who historically would be at Looneys or Koopers now). 2028 Team91 is mostly kids from Swarm, with some HoCo Pink kids). Swarm just pulled up a bunch of rec kids for this year, they will drop to A or B in HoCo for 2028.

Some of it is just shuffling but it's simply not as many kids, or as some claim "there's too many clubs."

As for COVID, I think what we will all see is a talent gap erupting. The players who had resources and a work ethic during COVID and whose parents could support/remind/transport kids to lax events (aka "resources") are going to be just fine. That includes club resources, not canceling practices due to COVID shutdowns, kids having access to fields during shutdowns, skills coaches with access to outdoor turf, etc. And for lax, let's remember this includes academic success and performance. Your son may have a great BTB highlight video but if he has a 2.9 GPA he is not playing for Maryland. Period. And so many kids are one or even two grades behind at this point (nobody really wants to discuss this). That will work out fine (in time) for attending Towson or Mason or JMU but not for getting admitted to many D1 schools (basic admissions).

I think we are already seeing that kids who wanted to work out and travel for lax during COVID, and whose parents could support it, did, and they will be just fine. I think that all the rec kids, and the rec kids who usually start showing up at club at 5th and 6th grade, are not going to develop fast enough to be a real presence for middle school lax at least. Whether those kids will buckle down and train and their parents can/will invest the resources for those kids to catch up.....I guess we will see.

And before anybody hits the "elitist" pearl clutch, it should not be controversial to say that - especially in lacrosse - access to good education, quality coaching, flexible and affluent parents, and good modeled behavior (aka the kids know elite HS and college players) are huge (and unfair) factors in success at most things.

Lots of good stuff there. I am not sure if this is more of the same for concern with Rec dying off, but seems like post-COVID there is more of a risk to Rec really suffering with the continued growth of Club teams. Maybe it'll bounce back some this spring, but at least where I am the vibe is NOT good. And then it seems like HoCo is going to be a scheduling conflict on Saturdays for a number of boys age levels.

Its okay fellas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far:
Elite - 8
AAA - 8
AA - 5
A - 9
Assuming this is right— 30 teams in the Mid Atlantic…. Phenomenal for these boys. Incredible competition, win or lose, it says a lot about lacrosse on the Baltimore/DMV. If they consolidated these 30 teams into 3-4 top team like Long Island has, they’d never get touched. Even with this dilution (bad term, but it’s indicative of what happens with THIRTY teams), the mid Atlantic fields the two best teams in the country, and probably 3/4 of the top 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That post was about as all over the place as possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far:
Elite - 8
AAA - 8
AA - 5
A - 9
Assuming this is right— 30 teams in the Mid Atlantic…. Phenomenal for these boys. Incredible competition, win or lose, it says a lot about lacrosse on the Baltimore/DMV. If they consolidated these 30 teams into 3-4 top team like Long Island has, they’d never get touched. Even with this dilution (bad term, but it’s indicative of what happens with THIRTY teams), the mid Atlantic fields the two best teams in the country, and probably 3/4 of the top 10.

Long Island does not consolidate unfortunately. But that doesn’t matter because you’re 13 and 14-year-old 28’s will probably still outperform our 11 and 12 year old 28’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far:
Elite - 8
AAA - 8
AA - 5
A - 9

Long Island does not consolidate unfortunately. But that doesn’t matter because you’re 13 and 14-year-old 28’s will probably still outperform our 11 and 12 year old 28’s.

Umm Baltimore/DMV vs Long Island in size/population?? Joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far:
Elite - 8
AAA - 8
AA - 5
A - 9

Ummm yes they do. Everyone eventually feeds into LIE or 91. Maybe a few other programs, but not 30.
holdback argument doesn’t work either. Great excuse though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Covid has very little to do with the talent missing from 29 class. It is a down year for the majority of on age players. Like Capitalism, the flow of goods ( holdbacks) will
fill this in soon.

This is somewhat true, but 2028 (on age) is a smaller class of lax kids in the DC/MD area also. Maybe 1/3 smaller than the 2026-2024 groups.

2028 has no Koopers team, no Breakers team, no Looneys team, and Kelly Post's B team folded to bring #s to True Baltimore, who couldn't put together a roster either. 2028 Predators is basically HoCo Pink (gone) plus several FCA and Crabs kids (honestly, all kids who historically would be at Looneys or Koopers now). 2028 Team91 is mostly kids from Swarm, with some HoCo Pink kids). Swarm just pulled up a bunch of rec kids for this year, they will drop to A or B in HoCo for 2028.

Some of it is just shuffling but it's simply not as many kids, or as some claim "there's too many clubs."

As for COVID, I think what we will all see is a talent gap erupting. The players who had resources and a work ethic during COVID and whose parents could support/remind/transport kids to lax events (aka "resources") are going to be just fine. That includes club resources, not canceling practices due to COVID shutdowns, kids having access to fields during shutdowns, skills coaches with access to outdoor turf, etc. And for lax, let's remember this includes academic success and performance. Your son may have a great BTB highlight video but if he has a 2.9 GPA he is not playing for Maryland. Period. And so many kids are one or even two grades behind at this point (nobody really wants to discuss this). That will work out fine (in time) for attending Towson or Mason or JMU but not for getting admitted to many D1 schools (basic admissions).

I think we are already seeing that kids who wanted to work out and travel for lax during COVID, and whose parents could support it, did, and they will be just fine. I think that all the rec kids, and the rec kids who usually start showing up at club at 5th and 6th grade, are not going to develop fast enough to be a real presence for middle school lax at least. Whether those kids will buckle down and train and their parents can/will invest the resources for those kids to catch up.....I guess we will see.

And before anybody hits the "elitist" pearl clutch, it should not be controversial to say that - especially in lacrosse - access to good education, quality coaching, flexible and affluent parents, and good modeled behavior (aka the kids know elite HS and college players) are huge (and unfair) factors in success at most things.

Lots of good stuff there. I am not sure if this is more of the same for concern with Rec dying off, but seems like post-COVID there is more of a risk to Rec really suffering with the continued growth of Club teams. Maybe it'll bounce back some this spring, but at least where I am the vibe is NOT good. And then it seems like HoCo is going to be a scheduling conflict on Saturdays for a number of boys age levels.

Its okay fellas

Rec registration numbers in Baltimore County are flourishing this year. All are filled or at capacity. A few pprograms will have multiple teams at multiple ages.
Hearing good things up in Harford County too. But we shall see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot more people in the mid Atlantic region than on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better lacrosse players too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And our kids are actually good at lacrosse.

It's why LI never comes South to play- They're scared.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And our kids are actually good at lacrosse.

It's why LI never comes South to play- They're scared.

Because our kids are a year younger. Be proud of your “elite” (older) teams.

LI vs anyone on age is a curbstomping.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fill this in soon.

Its okay fellas

Rec registration numbers in Baltimore County are flourishing this year. All are filled or at capacity. A few pprograms will have multiple teams at multiple ages.

I think what the one guy was saying that as far as the 2027-2029 blip, the temporary downturn in rec scheduling, workouts, recruitment, and overall play has maybe impacted total club numbers, and unlikely that a huge crew of new players will NOW show up out of the rec wood work. The future guys for the 2027-2029 groups are already in the rec clubs, if not in the full, for-profit clubs.

But what you say is encouraging, perhaps it means that (as predicted by many) the sport actually hasn't past its peak in MD/DC while it continues to explode elsewhere in the country. Good stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fill this in soon.

Its okay fellas

If true that's great, elsewhere it is DOWNNNNNN

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
eat my shorts hobo dummmmy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fill this in soon.

Its okay fellas

I think what the one guy was saying that as far as the 2027-2029 blip, the temporary downturn in rec scheduling, workouts, recruitment, and overall play has maybe impacted total club numbers, and unlikely that a huge crew of new players will NOW show up out of the rec wood work. The future guys for the 2027-2029 groups are already in the rec clubs, if not in the full, for-profit clubs.

But what you say is encouraging, perhaps it means that (as predicted by many) the sport actually hasn't past its peak in MD/DC while it continues to explode elsewhere in the country. Good stuff.

Club over a rec centered teams are already having effect in many areas. Participation is down in most areas.

The one thing Club has done, is made lacrosse continue its elitist look. Many teams from out of area are Clubs loaded with private school kids. Offshoot of it is the large amount of holdbacks from other areas south and west.

Last edited by JimSection1; . Reason: baseless statement
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fill this in soon.

Its okay fellas

Club over a rec centered teams are already having effect in many areas. Participation is down in most areas.

The one thing Club has done, is made lacrosse continue its elitist look. Many teams from out of area are Clubs loaded with private school kids. Offshoot of it is the large amount of holdbacks from other areas south and west.

Having watched some of those kids play (thinking Raleigh, Virginia Beach, Charleston) I think you're right about the private schools connection in especially coastal areas, and it's actually driven by the private school coaches. The hilarious thing is that these club teams (and most of the players) are just.not.very.good. 757 Select is a great example. Charleston Elite (who I believe - unconfirmed - were purchased by T91) is still trying to fill rosters for Summer 2022. What?

I think you contrast that to FL and TX where there are a lot of great players, especially at the youngest age groups, and they are a mix n match of private and public kids. But as long as it costs money to get the skills coaching to excel at lacrosse, money will be a barrier. I would say "soccer is worse" but at least the lower tier soccer clubs have lower prices and serve a wider variety of kids. In the case of lax, the A, AA, and AAA clubs charge the same (more in some cases) than the elite clubs which seems crazy.

Like Reply Quote
Page 77 of 251 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard