BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 162 of 313 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Severn makes the Final 6 this year, the conference is way down.

STM, LB and Severn will be fighting for the 5th and 6th seed. Is the MIAA going to retain the almost everyone goes playoff format?

With how basketball is shaping up and how numbers are currently looking, the year is mirroring last season.
I think there will be some outbreaks and regular season cancellations. It's a strong possibility.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STM, LB and Severn will be fighting for the 5th and 6th seed. Is the MIAA going to retain the almost everyone goes playoff format?

With how basketball is shaping up and how numbers are currently looking, the year is mirroring last season.
I think there will be some outbreaks and regular season cancellations. It's a strong possibility.

It will certainly be "everyone makes the playoffs"... Cant put the toothpaste back in the tube. Honestly, its not a bad thing. The top teams get a break, the weaker teams get some fun. The middle teams get some practice. Last year the extra game helped Calvert and BL. Don't give away the trophy before the season starts. Going to be a very competitive year for all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will certainly be "everyone makes the playoffs"... Cant put the toothpaste back in the tube. Honestly, its not a bad thing. The top teams get a break, the weaker teams get some fun. The middle teams get some practice. Last year the extra game helped Calvert and BL. Don't give away the trophy before the season starts. Going to be a very competitive year for all.

what's not to like? more lax for the kids. rather have more lax games than less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, CH will continue to dominate the league by hoarding numbers- simply keeping kids from going to competing schools. This won’t change until the parents figure it out and kids want to see more PT.
My son is just starting the process as a 27. He said they had 12 goalies in their program last year. That's a lotta splinters for some decent keepers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what's not to like? more lax for the kids. rather have more lax games than less.

I love it. I think spots 5-11 will be tight this year and those teams will see a lot of upsets.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is this great 2024 player at StP? He must be new because there weren’t any above average 2024’s on their varsity last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, CH will continue to dominate the league by hoarding numbers- simply keeping kids from going to competing schools. This won’t change until the parents figure it out and kids want to see more PT.
My son is just starting the process as a 27. He said they had 12 goalies in their program last year. That's a lotta splinters for some decent keepers.

Maryland, Towson, Marquette, and High Point ... Last two years of goalies from Calvert. They all get recruited and scholarshipped in college. Doubt they had 12 but sure they had a few more than others. Its obvious Calvert rolls kids into college and D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland, Towson, Marquette, and High Point ... Last two years of goalies from Calvert. They all get recruited and scholarshipped in college. Doubt they had 12 but sure they had a few more than others. Its obvious Calvert rolls kids into college and D1.

CH second line of any position is the first line in most High Schools including many MIAA teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CH second line of any position is the first line in most High Schools including many MIAA teams.
A few years ago

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All that talent @CH but lost one kid to injury and fall to the 6th seed last year. They and AS will count to much on one kid to win it all this year. Both teams will not make the semis

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is this great 2024 player at StP? He must be new because there weren’t any above average 2024’s on their varsity last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj-0_PAkm5w

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe. Easy to say, but no one's ever seen them play in a game that matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the High Point goalie recruit is still at CH. He's a senior this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the High Point goalie recruit is still at CH. He's a senior this year.

Yup they roll them into great D1 practice squad players.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CH will struggle winning possessions this year; FO will be a definite weakness

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is. But he's not on the CH roster.
Is it a holdback/age issue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did BL get their transfers? Or was all that BS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Spaldings new goalie be better than last years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure CO kid is now on campus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL with new Top 100 Incoming freshman Interesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going by that list, Loyola should have been really good last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure CO kid is now on campus.

What position does he play? Only one transfer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Spaldings new goalie be better than last years?

Doubtful. He will struggle in the bigger games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah you again... yes... two captains at UNC this year, multiple All American's, PLLs, and on and on... Pick a top school, there is a CHC kid on the field .. and on All American list...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]IMO, CH will continue to dominate the league by hoarding numbers- simply keeping kids from going to competing schools. This won’t change until the parents figure it out and kids want to see more PT.

My son is just starting the process as a 27. He said they had 12 goalies in their program last year. That's a lotta splinters for sy ome decent keepers.

Ah you again... yes... two captains at UNC this year, multiple All American's, PLLs, and on and on... Pick a top school, there is a CHC kid on the field .. and on All American list...[/quote]

Do they use a Brink's truck to haul the PLL game check with them or how does that work? Choosing your education is short lived, lax glory is forever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many SRs at CH will be too old to play in the league this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None No one follows the league rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, a few will be... But not over 5-7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting

These IL lists are ok. But many are on the top part of list for political reasons. Loyola last year had a few players that were all about me. MIAA is loaded with these top players. Does anyone think that the top 2023 is that ? He may be a good player, but he has been on a PR machine since U11 .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joaquin Villagomez 2022 committed to Towson

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No broadneck ? plus that just isn't true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, a few will be... But not over 5-7

I count 7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son is going through the recruiting process now. What is considered a good scholarship offer for what many consider one of the top recruits in the 23 class?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25-35 percent maybe a little higher for lower D1 schools. Only 12.6 scholarships available

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you save money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son is going through the recruiting process now. What is considered a good scholarship offer for what many consider one of the top recruits in the 23 class?

25 to 50 ..most around 25-33

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Varies by program: Factors: What's available in today's crazy Covid impacted market (transfers, 5 and 6 year players). Then what position he plays and how the team has him slotted (depth chart and projected impact). If he's a top tier attackman, big fast and great two way middie, generational goalie or projected 65% plus FOGO, expect to get a higher award assuming its available (see variable one). If he's a close defenseman or an SSDM, less. Some programs give out more early in the recruiting process so be aware the early bird sometimes gets the worm. Do your research in advance. Start by looking at the roster and assessing future needs. Then determine does he fit in the Program, size, speed, style of play. Then determine what's left in the scholarship pot (tough to do but sometimes coaches or players will tip their hands if they really want him). If you have a group of finalist programs, be honest and upfront with the other coaches as you go through the process. They will appreciate it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Varies by program: Factors: What's available in today's crazy Covid impacted market (transfers, 5 and 6 year players). Then what position he plays and how the team has him slotted (depth chart and projected impact). If he's a top tier attackman, big fast and great two way middie, generational goalie or projected 65% plus FOGO, expect to get a higher award assuming its available (see variable one). If he's a close defenseman or an SSDM, less. Some programs give out more early in the recruiting process so be aware the early bird sometimes gets the worm. Do your research in advance. Start by looking at the roster and assessing future needs. Then determine does he fit in the Program, size, speed, style of play. Then determine what's left in the scholarship pot (tough to do but sometimes coaches or players will tip their hands if they really want him). If you have a group of finalist programs, be honest and upfront with the other coaches as you go through the process. They will appreciate it.

Most scholarships are pretty crappy. Best to focus on using lacrosse to get admitted to the best possible school that will set him up for life after college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25-35 percent maybe a little higher for lower D1 schools. Only 12.6 scholarships available
12.6 scholarships per team.
Split that up over 4 (now 5+ classes) and it leaves 2-3 scholarships per recruiting class.
Not a lot of money to go around. As the poster above said- dont worry about the money, use lax to get into a better school.

Like Reply Quote
Page 162 of 313 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard