Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 11:37 AM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 11:36 AM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 11:27 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 11:22 AM
Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 11:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,162
Posts342,103
Members2,467
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 430 of 606 1 2 428 429 430 431 432 605 606
Re: Boys High School
B_O_T_C #363087 01/17/22 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, CH will continue to dominate the league by hoarding numbers- simply keeping kids from going to competing schools. This won’t change until the parents figure it out and kids want to see more PT. McD also buys success but targets fewer kids than CH. They are more choosy and should have plenty of talent to win it all this year. They seem to have the right combo of getting the right kids, not every kid. BL has talent and great coaching and can give them both a run, but need to have their best day to win. AS may be the team to beat, but I think the film is out on them. In the rest, LB lost all the talent, but the politics remain. On the field, the defense is ok, offense not so much. Very similar thing going on down at STM. Don’t think either will be in the hunt. StP and Gil are wild cards with the new coaches. Could be good or still a year or two out. Gonna bet a few years out because I think their older classes are lacking. StP does have a ‘24 who looks like a game changer. MSJ is running the program like an A team, finally. But the talent just isn’t there either. Tough to recruit to MSJ for some reason. They need to keep those local Catonsville kids home. JC also a question- have a couple good pieces. But probably too young. Middle classes are lacking. Severn looks like they will have a long season. Competing with STM and now AS for talent has really hurt them. Their middle and lower classes are empty. Could use a transfer or two. May want to think about dropping down to regroup for a couple years.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #363095 01/17/22 03:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
IMO, CH will continue to dominate the league by hoarding numbers- simply keeping kids from going to competing schools. This won’t change until the parents figure it out and kids want to see more PT. McD also buys success but targets fewer kids than CH. They are more choosy and should have plenty of talent to win it all this year. They seem to have the right combo of getting the right kids, not every kid. BL has talent and great coaching and can give them both a run, but need to have their best day to win. AS may be the team to beat, but I think the film is out on them. In the rest, LB lost all the talent, but the politics remain. On the field, the defense is ok, offense not so much. Very similar thing going on down at STM. Don’t think either will be in the hunt. StP and Gil are wild cards with the new coaches. Could be good or still a year or two out. Gonna bet a few years out because I think their older classes are lacking. StP does have a ‘24 who looks like a game changer. MSJ is running the program like an A team, finally. But the talent just isn’t there either. Tough to recruit to MSJ for some reason. They need to keep those local Catonsville kids home. JC also a question- have a couple good pieces. But probably too young. Middle classes are lacking. Severn looks like they will have a long season. Competing with STM and now AS for talent has really hurt them. Their middle and lower classes are empty. Could use a transfer or two. May want to think about dropping down to regroup for a couple years.

I agree with a lot of this post with a couple exceptions. StM has some nice pieces on Offense and their D is always good. I think they compete and get a playoff win. LB defense is elite not “ok.” And Severn will lack depth but have some top level talent at a couple offensive positions. Also have arguably the best FOGO in MIAA.
CHC wins it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363099 01/17/22 04:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with a lot of this post with a couple exceptions. StM has some nice pieces on Offense and their D is always good. I think they compete and get a playoff win. LB defense is elite not “ok.” And Severn will lack depth but have some top level talent at a couple offensive positions. Also have arguably the best FOGO in MIAA.
CHC wins it.

I think StM is going to be challenged offensively this year. I am not tuned into their bench, but didn't see much to get excited about last year. I think they need to be a possession team and get a big year from that young fogo. Agree their defense is always good and well coached. Which should help them a lot. I do see StM and Loyola very similarly. But Loyola does have the better talent on paper with Larkin, unless there's another Burlace boy in the pipeline. Severn really struggled in the fall tourney I saw them. Maybe they were missing some key kids. I see Severn as one attackman and one fogo. The rest struggled. And that's all just going by what I saw in a couple games last spring. Anyone connected or with a little info feel free to chime in.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #363121 01/17/22 06:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its the MIAA. Sleep on anyone at your own peril. Its High School. Seniors are needed to win. Its Lacrosse. It takes a team to win a championship.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363196 01/18/22 11:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHC wins it.

CHC, MCD, BL and Spalding are your Final 4. Severn will be fine and make the final 6. Look for another down year from Gilman and SP. LB has two great defenders, a couple of very good younger poles and an ok group of shorties. Don’t know much about the keeper. I will let others comment on the performance of the team D last year but suffice it to say it underperformed. An elite D is one which has proven itself on the field. Look for LB to be the 5th or 6th seed.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #363201 01/18/22 12:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Severn makes the Final 6 this year, the conference is way down.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363203 01/18/22 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STM, LB and Severn will be fighting for the 5th and 6th seed. Is the MIAA going to retain the almost everyone goes playoff format?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363207 01/18/22 02:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STM, LB and Severn will be fighting for the 5th and 6th seed. Is the MIAA going to retain the almost everyone goes playoff format?

With how basketball is shaping up and how numbers are currently looking, the year is mirroring last season.
I think there will be some outbreaks and regular season cancellations. It's a strong possibility.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363216 01/18/22 04:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With how basketball is shaping up and how numbers are currently looking, the year is mirroring last season.
I think there will be some outbreaks and regular season cancellations. It's a strong possibility.

It will certainly be "everyone makes the playoffs"... Cant put the toothpaste back in the tube. Honestly, its not a bad thing. The top teams get a break, the weaker teams get some fun. The middle teams get some practice. Last year the extra game helped Calvert and BL. Don't give away the trophy before the season starts. Going to be a very competitive year for all.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363218 01/18/22 04:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will certainly be "everyone makes the playoffs"... Cant put the toothpaste back in the tube. Honestly, its not a bad thing. The top teams get a break, the weaker teams get some fun. The middle teams get some practice. Last year the extra game helped Calvert and BL. Don't give away the trophy before the season starts. Going to be a very competitive year for all.

what's not to like? more lax for the kids. rather have more lax games than less.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #363222 01/18/22 05:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, CH will continue to dominate the league by hoarding numbers- simply keeping kids from going to competing schools. This won’t change until the parents figure it out and kids want to see more PT.
My son is just starting the process as a 27. He said they had 12 goalies in their program last year. That's a lotta splinters for some decent keepers.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363227 01/18/22 06:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what's not to like? more lax for the kids. rather have more lax games than less.

I love it. I think spots 5-11 will be tight this year and those teams will see a lot of upsets.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363235 01/18/22 07:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is this great 2024 player at StP? He must be new because there weren’t any above average 2024’s on their varsity last year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363239 01/18/22 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, CH will continue to dominate the league by hoarding numbers- simply keeping kids from going to competing schools. This won’t change until the parents figure it out and kids want to see more PT.
My son is just starting the process as a 27. He said they had 12 goalies in their program last year. That's a lotta splinters for some decent keepers.

Maryland, Towson, Marquette, and High Point ... Last two years of goalies from Calvert. They all get recruited and scholarshipped in college. Doubt they had 12 but sure they had a few more than others. Its obvious Calvert rolls kids into college and D1.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #363256 01/18/22 10:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland, Towson, Marquette, and High Point ... Last two years of goalies from Calvert. They all get recruited and scholarshipped in college. Doubt they had 12 but sure they had a few more than others. Its obvious Calvert rolls kids into college and D1.

CH second line of any position is the first line in most High Schools including many MIAA teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 430 of 606 1 2 428 429 430 431 432 605 606
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard