BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 161 of 313 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope all the top MIAA teams just focus on shutting down the "one kid." That would be great to see.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hope all the top MIAA teams just focus on shutting down the "one kid." That would be great to see.

More than one on Spalding capable of scoring. Obviously your son isnt one of them. OUCH !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, I don't have a kid at SG. Lacrosse fan and love watching the best Lax conference in the US. No program gets to a championship level on one dimensional teams. Must be balanced in all phases of the game. Could drop many more insults your way, but taking the higher road.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well we know that a certain left handed attackman can be shut down with just a SSDM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he plays for ProStart and Mesa. He definitely hasnt committed yet. He probably won't play in college

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's the Annapolis box league looking this year?

Who cares?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Actually, I don't have a kid at SG. Lacrosse fan and love watching the best Lax conference in the US. No program gets to a championship level on one dimensional teams. Must be balanced in all phases of the game. Could drop many more insults your way, but taking the higher road.

Dont entertain classless comments about individual players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert hall is awful than Indian Creek Girls Lacrosse, I mean losing to Saint Mary’s??? SG is pretty good I mean they have LJ and MW so they seem pretty strong this year. Oh well just some random opinions, oh yeah and if LJ ever sees a career in boxing he sure should take it! He beat the balloons out of that Severn kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's the Annapolis box league looking this year?

Who cares?

Glen Burnie cares, that's who!
Honing our skills and growing toughness, one box game at a time.
Dingers just crushed those Old Mill and North County chumps.
Puttin' in work. Making mad offseason deposits.
Ready for the MIAA championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 regular season finish:

1. Mcd
2. BL
3. Spalding
4. CH
5. LB
6. StM
7. StP
8. Gil
9. JC
10. Sev
11. MSJ

2022 tourney champion:
BL: Better coaching and talent with much less drama than the others.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I don’t think he’s a weak boxer tbh, he packs a punch on and off the field! Severn kids beware because this LD kid is an absolute brawler stud! God it probably feels astonishing to be LD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I don’t think he’s a weak boxer tbh, he packs a punch on and off the field! Severn kids beware because this LJ kid is an absolute brawler stud! God it probably feels astonishing to be LS.

I just have to know,, what did they do to your son? to cause all the LD living in your head 24/7. This must be a good story

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I don’t think he’s a weak boxer tbh, he packs a punch on and off the field! Severn kids beware because this LJ kid is an absolute brawler stud! God it probably feels astonishing to be LS.

I just have to know,, what did they do to your son? to cause all the LD living in your head 24/7. This must be a good story

No dog in this but you are 100% correct. I want to know who the kid is and watch him play he's been promoted on here so much and is obviously a game changer that bothers people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not rent free actually, I’m practically paying him to live in my head from the amount of LD hats I own! There’s nothing more I admire than LS and LJ relationship. I mean this guy is 🥜! His kid is the best lacrosse player of all time (has a future in boxing or the UFC) He owns the greatest hat company ever I mean like have u ever even seen the inside of ld? All of u talking bad about LS and J when u haven’t even met them. All I know is all you LD Fam haters out there better beware because LS has a great kid on his hands that I’m sure he won’t mind sending after ur LD! #LDforever🧢

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People are obsessed with high school kids - so much so to repeatedly post on a message board about them.

I don’t know the kid(s) mentioned often but wow. Lol folks are clearly pressed and envious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all High School Public and Private Leagues using the new standard for every player to have a noscoe rated chest protector/shoulder pad this year? Even youth leagues

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all High School Public and Private Leagues using the new standard for every player to have a noscoe rated chest protector/shoulder pad this year? Even youth leagues
Uhmm….A kid almost died…who cares if it’s a new standard…Just buy it and be safe….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uhmm….A kid almost died…who cares if it’s a new standard…Just buy it and be safe….

George Boiardi did die while playing for Cornell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People are obsessed with high school kids - so much so to repeatedly post on a message board about them.

I don’t know the kid(s) mentioned often but wow. Lol folks are clearly pressed and envious.
Suuure ya don’t. And may I ask, why you here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didnt ask that. People and children die from many things. Many Kids suffocate on plastic garbage bags every year ? Tragedy for those families, Why are the bags around?

Asking as it seems like there is a debate on possible holding off until next year. Anyone heard ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didnt ask that. People and children die from many things. Many Kids suffocate on plastic garbage bags every year ? Tragedy for those families, Why are the bags around?

Asking as it seems like there is a debate on possible holding off until next year. Anyone heard ?

Wow. You sound like an awesome parent… NOT! Don’t most parents want the safest equipment available for their kids? Why are you pushing back on it? If one kid died because of unsafe equipment… that’s a good enough reason to require safer.

If it has been proven to be safer and studied to be so. Makes sense to require it. Or… Do you think it’s just people trying to make $s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Every League and every age in Maryland will require it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. You sound like an awesome parent… NOT! Don’t most parents want the safest equipment available for their kids? Why are you pushing back on it? If one kid died because of unsafe equipment… that’s a good enough reason to require safer.

If it has been proven to be safer and studied to be so. Makes sense to require it. Or… Do you think it’s just people trying to make $s?

Sorry Mom to get you all upset. Anymore hyperbole Strawman arguments. Do you fight to have the speed limit back to 55 ? Over a Thousand more children are injured/killed each year once speed limit was raised back up. Much worst problem for you to concentrate on and ride high on your horse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Mom to get you all upset. Anymore hyperbole Strawman arguments. Do you fight to have the speed limit back to 55 ? Over a Thousand more children are injured/killed each year once speed limit was raised back up. Much worst problem for you to concentrate on and ride high on your horse.

I certainly feel better when my kids are in an automobile wearing a seatbelt and one that has airbags that hopefully will never be needed. Or, should I keep my 77 Impala with no airbags and lap belts and drive my kids around in that? Why buy a car that is safer, with safety equipment we may never need? Just smart! So, if you want to take chances with your kids life when there is clearly a better option as to not to have to, you do that! DAF parent!

The Kids killed because of speed limit raised? Many Prob. Had parents that didn’t enforce seat belt wearing?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The requirement is effective this spring.
HoCo, MYLA, HS public, and MIAA.
The pads are available and plentiful at many stores.
There are cheap ones available for $40.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The requirement is effective this spring.
HoCo, MYLA, HS public, and MIAA.
The pads are available and plentiful at many stores.
There are cheap ones available for $40.

This is a no brainer. Should do checks during the game just like they do stick checks. 3 minute unreleasable if not wearing one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suuure ya don’t. And may I ask, why you here?

Because my kid is in middle school and I’m interested in understanding what the high school landscape looks like?

Make sense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I certainly feel better when my kids are in an automobile wearing a seatbelt and one that has airbags that hopefully will never be needed. Or, should I keep my 77 Impala with no airbags and lap belts and drive my kids around in that? Why buy a car that is safer, with safety equipment we may never need? Just smart! So, if you want to take chances with your kids life when there is clearly a better option as to not to have to, you do that! DAF parent!

The Kids killed because of speed limit raised? Many Prob. Had parents that didn’t enforce seat belt wearing?!

Wow , Strawman keep coming and coming. Listen Mom , relax, bubble wrap your son so he stays safe and keep him inside. You will feel better.

Then start Marching on the gov to lower speed limits. Every 5 mile an hour less, leads 8.5% less fatalities. After that, I have about a thousand more things for the you Ms Drama queen to march on to lower child fatalities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But if we can save one child, shouldnt we change the law to 55 ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But if we can save one child, shouldnt we change the law to 55 ?

I have feeling these will become like cups and mouthguards - you know the rules, so don't complain (or sue) when you get hurt when you don't comply.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two and half months until the start of the MIAA season. Per usual, its a 4 team marathon to stay healthy. Seniors and a 1 star player make all the difference. Advantage BL, McD, CHC, and ABS. Loyola, StM, Severn wont be able to score. StP and Gilman dont have depth or stars. JC and StJ are important to help develop a bench.

BL and CHC have the two best players that can take over a game. McD best player isnt great just really good- in practice and on instagram. ABS has the lefty middie who can flat out fly around the field and score. The rest of the players in league are great in their own right and we shall see who can step it up.

This is one of those years like 19 where one team is going to be very special.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two and half months until the start of the MIAA season. Per usual, its a 4 team marathon to stay healthy. Seniors and a 1 star player make all the difference. Advantage BL, McD, CHC, and ABS. Loyola, StM, Severn wont be able to score. StP and Gilman dont have depth or stars. JC and StJ are important to help develop a bench.

BL and CHC have the two best players that can take over a game. McD best player isnt great just really good- in practice and on instagram. ABS has the lefty middie who can flat out fly around the field and score. The rest of the players in league are great in their own right and we shall see who can step it up.

Spalding is the Front Runner, with BL, McD and CH roaming close by, Next Group Loy,StM,Gil,StP , then the rest who should be in B .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding is the Front Runner, with BL, McD and CH roaming close by, Next Group Loy,StM,Gil,StP , then the rest who should be in B .

Too much fun. MIAA Lacrosse dreams and banter when its snowing. Soon enough it will be here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, CH will continue to dominate the league by hoarding numbers- simply keeping kids from going to competing schools. This won’t change until the parents figure it out and kids want to see more PT. McD also buys success but targets fewer kids than CH. They are more choosy and should have plenty of talent to win it all this year. They seem to have the right combo of getting the right kids, not every kid. BL has talent and great coaching and can give them both a run, but need to have their best day to win. AS may be the team to beat, but I think the film is out on them. In the rest, LB lost all the talent, but the politics remain. On the field, the defense is ok, offense not so much. Very similar thing going on down at STM. Don’t think either will be in the hunt. StP and Gil are wild cards with the new coaches. Could be good or still a year or two out. Gonna bet a few years out because I think their older classes are lacking. StP does have a ‘24 who looks like a game changer. MSJ is running the program like an A team, finally. But the talent just isn’t there either. Tough to recruit to MSJ for some reason. They need to keep those local Catonsville kids home. JC also a question- have a couple good pieces. But probably too young. Middle classes are lacking. Severn looks like they will have a long season. Competing with STM and now AS for talent has really hurt them. Their middle and lower classes are empty. Could use a transfer or two. May want to think about dropping down to regroup for a couple years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, CH will continue to dominate the league by hoarding numbers- simply keeping kids from going to competing schools. This won’t change until the parents figure it out and kids want to see more PT. McD also buys success but targets fewer kids than CH. They are more choosy and should have plenty of talent to win it all this year. They seem to have the right combo of getting the right kids, not every kid. BL has talent and great coaching and can give them both a run, but need to have their best day to win. AS may be the team to beat, but I think the film is out on them. In the rest, LB lost all the talent, but the politics remain. On the field, the defense is ok, offense not so much. Very similar thing going on down at STM. Don’t think either will be in the hunt. StP and Gil are wild cards with the new coaches. Could be good or still a year or two out. Gonna bet a few years out because I think their older classes are lacking. StP does have a ‘24 who looks like a game changer. MSJ is running the program like an A team, finally. But the talent just isn’t there either. Tough to recruit to MSJ for some reason. They need to keep those local Catonsville kids home. JC also a question- have a couple good pieces. But probably too young. Middle classes are lacking. Severn looks like they will have a long season. Competing with STM and now AS for talent has really hurt them. Their middle and lower classes are empty. Could use a transfer or two. May want to think about dropping down to regroup for a couple years.

I agree with a lot of this post with a couple exceptions. StM has some nice pieces on Offense and their D is always good. I think they compete and get a playoff win. LB defense is elite not “ok.” And Severn will lack depth but have some top level talent at a couple offensive positions. Also have arguably the best FOGO in MIAA.
CHC wins it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with a lot of this post with a couple exceptions. StM has some nice pieces on Offense and their D is always good. I think they compete and get a playoff win. LB defense is elite not “ok.” And Severn will lack depth but have some top level talent at a couple offensive positions. Also have arguably the best FOGO in MIAA.
CHC wins it.

I think StM is going to be challenged offensively this year. I am not tuned into their bench, but didn't see much to get excited about last year. I think they need to be a possession team and get a big year from that young fogo. Agree their defense is always good and well coached. Which should help them a lot. I do see StM and Loyola very similarly. But Loyola does have the better talent on paper with Larkin, unless there's another Burlace boy in the pipeline. Severn really struggled in the fall tourney I saw them. Maybe they were missing some key kids. I see Severn as one attackman and one fogo. The rest struggled. And that's all just going by what I saw in a couple games last spring. Anyone connected or with a little info feel free to chime in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its the MIAA. Sleep on anyone at your own peril. Its High School. Seniors are needed to win. Its Lacrosse. It takes a team to win a championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHC wins it.

CHC, MCD, BL and Spalding are your Final 4. Severn will be fine and make the final 6. Look for another down year from Gilman and SP. LB has two great defenders, a couple of very good younger poles and an ok group of shorties. Don’t know much about the keeper. I will let others comment on the performance of the team D last year but suffice it to say it underperformed. An elite D is one which has proven itself on the field. Look for LB to be the 5th or 6th seed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Severn makes the Final 6 this year, the conference is way down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Severn makes the Final 6 this year, the conference is way down.

STM, LB and Severn will be fighting for the 5th and 6th seed. Is the MIAA going to retain the almost everyone goes playoff format?

Like Reply Quote
Page 161 of 313 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard