BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 112 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They lost like two players over summer, and gained a very good one in the last month.

BLC is going to be in the top of the A, as usual.

Lost one of their better players to Hero’s. Their best player has not played all Fall due to injury. Added new player last month. Everything else is status quo.

That said, all of the teams around them got significantly better (Heros, NEMS, Pride) . Status quo will likely mean falling back a bit.

And those above mentioned teams, plus M&D, are much better coached.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This looks like a first year event. Reads somewhat like the AU Futures event but maybe more localized to Maryland?

Besides AU Future, what camps/clinics/showcases are your girls planning on attending this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost like two players over summer, and gained a very good one in the last month.

Well this weekend BLC 27s get Limitless, Madskillz and likely M&D 27s Should have a pretty good idea of how strong they are going into spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This looks like a first year event. Reads somewhat like the AU Futures event but maybe more localized to Maryland?

Besides AU Future, what camps/clinics/showcases are your girls planning on attending this summer?

MD Camp, UNC Camp, Apex Showcase, likely all where we will go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Def concerned about the first real tryout, only 90 minutes, for AU. I guess this will be a lesson learner as its only the beginning,

I just hope the evaluations are fair and nominations are deserving. I have a pretty good idea of who the top 2027 players are just based on competing for several years in NGLL and summer tournaments.

I wonder if they try to diversify the girls based on clubs or hopefully don't take majority middies then move them to defenses for teams later.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Apex showcase different than Apex youth games which had been posted about previously?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Save the money and do some training. No need for 27 to pay lots of money for small sided and full games in a schools pinnie. Get some instruction / skill development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Def concerned about the first real tryout, only 90 minutes, for AU. I guess this will be a lesson learner as its only the beginning,

I just hope the evaluations are fair and nominations are deserving. I have a pretty good idea of who the top 2027 players are just based on competing for several years in NGLL and summer tournaments.

I wonder if they try to diversify the girls based on clubs or hopefully don't take majority middies then move them to defenses for teams later.

For what its worth, for older girls last year, it was very positional tryouts. You definitely had a better chance of making the cutas a defender than as an attacker or mid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Save the money and do some training. No need for 27 to pay lots of money for small sided and full games in a schools pinnie. Get some instruction / skill development.

I think it depends on the girls's club level. Fully agree if you plan on M&D, Heros, Pride or other top clubs. But if you play on a B level team, this is actually a good opportunity to go against top competition your own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well this weekend BLC 27s get Limitless, Madskillz and likely M&D 27s Should have a pretty good idea of how strong they are going into spring.

Several key girls out due to Covid. Don't read alot into results though i am sure other teams have similar issues.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was hoping the FL tourney eye of the hurricane would have a stronger field…at least enough teams to have a dedicated 2027 division. Hope M&D gets to play Madskillz 2027. They are always ranked real high but don’t come up to MD, PA, etc very often. Who really knows?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was hoping the FL tourney eye of the hurricane would have a stronger field…at least enough teams to have a dedicated 2027 division. Hope M&D gets to play Madskillz 2027. They are always ranked real high but don’t come up to MD, PA, etc very often. Who really knows?

Is M&D still going? Covid issues

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is M&D still going? Covid issues

Looks like it. I heard they were down a few top players. But who isn't at this point.

Good luck BLC and M&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based solely on scores from FL this weekend (not knowing which teams are missing which kids) Madskillz is showing why they have to Number 1 ranking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to believe a team from Florida can beat some of Marylands best. Curious to hear the comments from M&D and BLC when they get back into town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 MadSkillz team is solid and ranked 8th nationally for 2026s, so not surprised they are beating some of the top 2027 teams. Typically MadSkillz becomes Florida Select.

Remember, fewer options down south so you tend to find top players are less likely to be spread out on teams as they are in hotbeds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to believe a team from Florida can beat some of Marylands best. Curious to hear the comments from M&D and BLC when they get back into town.

They lost to 2026 teams, meat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is traveling up here bc of Covid.
And it’s a CR tournament so the teams are pressured to attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good club to be sure. Madskillz / FL Select very competitive at all ages. But this 2027 has played very little outside of FL. They need to come this way more often. I bet the eagle sticks team from GA was at 4-5 tourneys up here last year, so more of a known quantity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC looked like a solid tier 2 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t know why you would think FL teams wouldn’t beat MD top teams. FL select has beaten some of the best MD teams in a lot of age groups

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s go M&D Black. Way to represent Maryland 27’s. Hope you beat Madskillz 27.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they did

Congratulations M&D. How did they do in the Championship Game? The app hasn’t update.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TM did not update. What was the score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TM did not update. What was the score?

Tornado warnings. Torrential downpours. They canceled the final

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahhahahahahahahahahha. Florida is #1 team this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are some good teams in the South. Game is growing down there. Eagle Stix are always good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 27 smoked Madskillz 27 without some of their best players 9-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t know why you would think FL teams wouldn’t beat MD top teams. FL select has beaten some of the best MD teams in a lot of age groups

Have you ever seen a Florida Select team game? FS not Madskills or whatever you call them. All of the parent are from LI.
This is not an organic Florida grassroots team.

It is a proxy team for ex NYs living in FL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you ever seen a Florida Select team game? FS not Madskills or whatever you call them. All of the parent are from LI.
This is not an organic Florida grassroots team.

It is a proxy team for ex NYs living in FL.

That Madskilz team is really good. Fast. I don't know where they come from. But the 26 and 27 team is legit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it was just a matter of time before the warm climate states started to produce quality teams/players - Florida, Texas, California soon enough. The benefit of being able to play and practice year round outside on a full field is huge. These small sided indoor games where every kid gets the ball and iso's isn't the same as the field game where running the length of a full field, passing to open teammates and taking the draw all come into play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it was just a matter of time before the warm climate states started to produce quality teams/players - Florida, Texas, California soon enough. The benefit of being able to play and practice year round outside on a full field is huge. These small sided indoor games where every kid gets the ball and iso's isn't the same as the field game where running the length of a full field, passing to open teammates and taking the draw all come into play.

This is all true. You can tell Eagle Stix and Madskilz play all year. They head into fall and winter rolling.

Those 2 teams are here to stay. Eagle Stix is definitely a top 2-3 team. Madskilz top 7-8 for sure. Here's the list (no specific order)

Eagle Stix
M&D
Aces
YJ
Hero's
BLC
Madskillz

After that it's subjective

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m interested in seeing how NGLL divides the Spring Divisions and also see what SW Blue ends up doing this Spring. Hopefully Hero’s and M&D are separated since they are clearly the two favorites to win. Then there are likely six teams seriously competing for the other 2 spots (wish they did 6 teams with each 1st place team getting a bye) lead by BLC, Pride, MD United, NEMS, LBC & Coppermine. However any of the remaining six teams could surprise us all and take second place. I look forward to a really competitive season and some exciting games. Here’s to a healthy, fun and safe season for all of our girls. We only have 2 more NGLL seasons before they move on to HS which is also a lot of fun as I enjoy it with my older daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. These are the top 7 at this age group for the moment. Almost all of their losses over the last year would be to another top seven team. Madskillz is a bit hamstrung by mainly playing older teams in FL and not coming north enough. But from what I saw this weekend they have as much athletic ability as anyone else. I’m sure one of our MD teams will face them in NGLL national again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m interested in seeing how NGLL divides the Spring Divisions and also see what SW Blue ends up doing this Spring. Hopefully Hero’s and M&D are separated since they are clearly the two favorites to win. Then there are likely six teams seriously competing for the other 2 spots (wish they did 6 teams with each 1st place team getting a bye) lead by BLC, Pride, MD United, NEMS, LBC & Coppermine. However any of the remaining six teams could surprise us all and take second place. I look forward to a really competitive season and some exciting games. Here’s to a healthy, fun and safe season for all of our girls. We only have 2 more NGLL seasons before they move on to HS which is also a lot of fun as I enjoy it with my older daughter.

LBC has been impressive. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish top 4 this spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also lost to them 10-2...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was the 26 team they lost to not 27 the day before. They beat the 27’s the only time they played this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. They lost to the 26 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is all true. You can tell Eagle Stix and Madskilz play all year. They head into fall and winter rolling.

Those 2 teams are here to stay. Eagle Stix is definitely a top 2-3 team. Madskilz top 7-8 for sure. Here's the list (no specific order)

Eagle Stix
M&D
Aces
YJ
Hero's
BLC
Madskillz

After that it's subjective

Exactly. The gap after the top 10 is massive. reality is that the 10th team is much closer to 40th than they are to 1st.

Page 21 of 112 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard