Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 06/28/22 06:12 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/28/22 05:58 PM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/28/22 05:44 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/28/22 05:34 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/28/22 04:30 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,147
Posts340,917
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #363058 01/17/22 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top teams at this age group clearly !

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #363131 01/17/22 07:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will HoCO have an elite 2029 division this year or is AAA the top clubs again?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #363161 01/18/22 08:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5th grade elite? get a grip crazy lax parent

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #363167 01/18/22 09:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Covid has very little to do with the talent missing from 29 class. It is a down year for the majority of on age players. Like Capitalism, the flow of goods ( holdbacks) will
fill this in soon.

This is somewhat true, but 2028 (on age) is a smaller class of lax kids in the DC/MD area also. Maybe 1/3 smaller than the 2026-2024 groups.

2028 has no Koopers team, no Breakers team, no Looneys team, and Kelly Post's B team folded to bring #s to True Baltimore, who couldn't put together a roster either. 2028 Predators is basically HoCo Pink (gone) plus several FCA and Crabs kids (honestly, all kids who historically would be at Looneys or Koopers now). 2028 Team91 is mostly kids from Swarm, with some HoCo Pink kids). Swarm just pulled up a bunch of rec kids for this year, they will drop to A or B in HoCo for 2028.

Some of it is just shuffling but it's simply not as many kids, or as some claim "there's too many clubs."

As for COVID, I think what we will all see is a talent gap erupting. The players who had resources and a work ethic during COVID and whose parents could support/remind/transport kids to lax events (aka "resources") are going to be just fine. That includes club resources, not canceling practices due to COVID shutdowns, kids having access to fields during shutdowns, skills coaches with access to outdoor turf, etc. And for lax, let's remember this includes academic success and performance. Your son may have a great BTB highlight video but if he has a 2.9 GPA he is not playing for Maryland. Period. And so many kids are one or even two grades behind at this point (nobody really wants to discuss this). That will work out fine (in time) for attending Towson or Mason or JMU but not for getting admitted to many D1 schools (basic admissions).

I think we are already seeing that kids who wanted to work out and travel for lax during COVID, and whose parents could support it, did, and they will be just fine. I think that all the rec kids, and the rec kids who usually start showing up at club at 5th and 6th grade, are not going to develop fast enough to be a real presence for middle school lax at least. Whether those kids will buckle down and train and their parents can/will invest the resources for those kids to catch up.....I guess we will see.

And before anybody hits the "elitist" pearl clutch, it should not be controversial to say that - especially in lacrosse - access to good education, quality coaching, flexible and affluent parents, and good modeled behavior (aka the kids know elite HS and college players) are huge (and unfair) factors in success at most things.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #363172 01/18/22 09:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You realize the classification is based on the number of teams, not the talent level, right?
It used to just be A and B. But with so many clubs popping up, they needed to expand. Not all of them could be in either A or B.
HOCO only adds divisions above AAA as the numbers allow. Which is usually in 6th grade.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #363182 01/18/22 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 28s had an elite division last year, so it makes sense they add the division. Not sure why this is a crazy lax parent question...but whatevs

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #363208 01/18/22 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You realize the classification is based on the number of teams, not the talent level, right?
It used to just be A and B. But with so many clubs popping up, they needed to expand. Not all of them could be in either A or B.
HOCO only adds divisions above AAA as the numbers allow. Which is usually in 6th grade.

Did not realize this! You must have had a kid or two pass through already. First timer here. Your wisdom is inspiring.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #363212 01/18/22 03:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
5th grade elite? get a grip crazy lax parent

Yet, here you are, posting on a message board discussing 5th grade lacrosse.

Last edited by JimSection1; 01/18/22 03:20 PM. Reason: belligerent
Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #363246 01/18/22 09:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
5th grade elite? get a grip crazy lax parent

Yet, here you are, posting on a message board discussing 5th grade lacrosse.

Agreed on the sentiment…to rephrase the initial question will there be 4 divisions this year. Lets call them developmental, peewee, wee, and D1

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #363270 01/19/22 12:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Covid has very little to do with the talent missing from 29 class. It is a down year for the majority of on age players. Like Capitalism, the flow of goods ( holdbacks) will
fill this in soon.

This is somewhat true, but 2028 (on age) is a smaller class of lax kids in the DC/MD area also. Maybe 1/3 smaller than the 2026-2024 groups.

2028 has no Koopers team, no Breakers team, no Looneys team, and Kelly Post's B team folded to bring #s to True Baltimore, who couldn't put together a roster either. 2028 Predators is basically HoCo Pink (gone) plus several FCA and Crabs kids (honestly, all kids who historically would be at Looneys or Koopers now). 2028 Team91 is mostly kids from Swarm, with some HoCo Pink kids). Swarm just pulled up a bunch of rec kids for this year, they will drop to A or B in HoCo for 2028.

Some of it is just shuffling but it's simply not as many kids, or as some claim "there's too many clubs."

As for COVID, I think what we will all see is a talent gap erupting. The players who had resources and a work ethic during COVID and whose parents could support/remind/transport kids to lax events (aka "resources") are going to be just fine. That includes club resources, not canceling practices due to COVID shutdowns, kids having access to fields during shutdowns, skills coaches with access to outdoor turf, etc. And for lax, let's remember this includes academic success and performance. Your son may have a great BTB highlight video but if he has a 2.9 GPA he is not playing for Maryland. Period. And so many kids are one or even two grades behind at this point (nobody really wants to discuss this). That will work out fine (in time) for attending Towson or Mason or JMU but not for getting admitted to many D1 schools (basic admissions).

I think we are already seeing that kids who wanted to work out and travel for lax during COVID, and whose parents could support it, did, and they will be just fine. I think that all the rec kids, and the rec kids who usually start showing up at club at 5th and 6th grade, are not going to develop fast enough to be a real presence for middle school lax at least. Whether those kids will buckle down and train and their parents can/will invest the resources for those kids to catch up.....I guess we will see.

And before anybody hits the "elitist" pearl clutch, it should not be controversial to say that - especially in lacrosse - access to good education, quality coaching, flexible and affluent parents, and good modeled behavior (aka the kids know elite HS and college players) are huge (and unfair) factors in success at most things.

Lots of good stuff there. I am not sure if this is more of the same for concern with Rec dying off, but seems like post-COVID there is more of a risk to Rec really suffering with the continued growth of Club teams. Maybe it'll bounce back some this spring, but at least where I am the vibe is NOT good. And then it seems like HoCo is going to be a scheduling conflict on Saturdays for a number of boys age levels.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #365189 02/06/22 08:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well. Season is right around the corner. Who’s playing I. Spring thaw?!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #365222 02/06/22 09:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just laying out possible HOCO Divisions.....nothing official put out by HOCO yet to my knowledge.

Anyone missing? Does Roughriders have a 2029 teams? True Baltimore? Anyone who you think would be in a different division?

Crazy to see young divisions with no (CRABS, LOONEYS, BREAKERS)


ELITE (7 TEAMS)
HAWKS
MADLAX
NEXT LEVEL
BLC BLUE
TRUE ANNAPOLIS
CAVALIER ORANGE
LTLC

AAA
KELLY POST
TEAM 91
FOREST HILL
FCA
HOCO
CANNONS
TEAM MARYLAND
KOOPERS
PREDATORS
CARROL MANOR

AA
MESA
SWARM
HLC
CAVALIER BLUE
BLC ORANGE
MADLAX DMV
EASTSIDE
VILLE
ZINGOS

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #365223 02/06/22 09:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thaw was cancelled

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #365235 02/06/22 10:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Covid has very little to do with the talent missing from 29 class. It is a down year for the majority of on age players. Like Capitalism, the flow of goods ( holdbacks) will
fill this in soon.

This is somewhat true, but 2028 (on age) is a smaller class of lax kids in the DC/MD area also. Maybe 1/3 smaller than the 2026-2024 groups.

2028 has no Koopers team, no Breakers team, no Looneys team, and Kelly Post's B team folded to bring #s to True Baltimore, who couldn't put together a roster either. 2028 Predators is basically HoCo Pink (gone) plus several FCA and Crabs kids (honestly, all kids who historically would be at Looneys or Koopers now). 2028 Team91 is mostly kids from Swarm, with some HoCo Pink kids). Swarm just pulled up a bunch of rec kids for this year, they will drop to A or B in HoCo for 2028.

Some of it is just shuffling but it's simply not as many kids, or as some claim "there's too many clubs."

As for COVID, I think what we will all see is a talent gap erupting. The players who had resources and a work ethic during COVID and whose parents could support/remind/transport kids to lax events (aka "resources") are going to be just fine. That includes club resources, not canceling practices due to COVID shutdowns, kids having access to fields during shutdowns, skills coaches with access to outdoor turf, etc. And for lax, let's remember this includes academic success and performance. Your son may have a great BTB highlight video but if he has a 2.9 GPA he is not playing for Maryland. Period. And so many kids are one or even two grades behind at this point (nobody really wants to discuss this). That will work out fine (in time) for attending Towson or Mason or JMU but not for getting admitted to many D1 schools (basic admissions).

I think we are already seeing that kids who wanted to work out and travel for lax during COVID, and whose parents could support it, did, and they will be just fine. I think that all the rec kids, and the rec kids who usually start showing up at club at 5th and 6th grade, are not going to develop fast enough to be a real presence for middle school lax at least. Whether those kids will buckle down and train and their parents can/will invest the resources for those kids to catch up.....I guess we will see.

And before anybody hits the "elitist" pearl clutch, it should not be controversial to say that - especially in lacrosse - access to good education, quality coaching, flexible and affluent parents, and good modeled behavior (aka the kids know elite HS and college players) are huge (and unfair) factors in success at most things.

To inform you- last year HoCo had 5 divisions at 25 and 26. 4 divisions at 27 and 28 and three divisions at 29 and 30.

Your entire post is much ado about nothing.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #365245 02/07/22 08:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thaw was cancelled


You mean Spring Madness? The Hogan tournament.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4