BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 117 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 116 117
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I shared the same sentiment with that quote. Have you looked at the article recently? That quote about taking over has been changed to say something about being a trailblazer. Anyone have the original?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I miss some direct or indirect reference that she tried out (or wanted to) for M&D black, but decided to play red instead so she could play midfield? Seems like a lot of assumptions just because she is not playing for M&D black that it was a decision based on the coach not being open to her playing midfield.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did I miss some direct or indirect reference that she tried out (or wanted to) for M&D black, but decided to play red instead so she could play midfield? Seems like a lot of assumptions just because she is not playing for M&D black that it was a decision based on the coach not being open to her playing midfield.

If she was a great midfielder she would have been put on black. Those midfielders and even those defenders are top level players. The AA midfielder at Heros is really good and can make any team in the area. This girl obviously not a top level middie but let’s see where she commits to play and that will tell you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the way the Wash Post set this article up with a lack of diversity in Montgomery County lacrosse on Christmas eve.
The Post is a one trick pony and that pony is racial division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 15 year old would have respectfully let me know that this is not something she would have wanted to be a part of and for that reason I do not feel bad. Teenagers have their own thoughts and opinions and unless the family dynamic resembles a dictatorship, those thoughts and opinions are shared and considered.

Also, when the article was first published the young lady was quoted at the end saying like “we can take over”. That is an extremely unsettling quote with an uncomfortable tone. I looked again today and that quote has been changed to say something along the lines of being a “trailblazer”.

I do not feel bad as this is the narrative that the entire family has chosen.

Wait, the article was edited after the fact?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AGAIN, the article doesn't make sense! If her parents are the one pushing this narrative, I feel bad for her because is this really going to help her? Or hurt her? Obviously she's a good player so why was the article needed? She clearly isn't missing out on any opportunities, so what was the purpose/objective of this article?

It is the parents and US Lacrosse pushing the agenda.

The mom (who may or may not have any lacrosse experience) is presenting on "diversity in lacrosse" at the US Lax Con.
sounds like a very self serving person and not really interested in "diversity" just wants to get her kid recruited

Wow, pot meet kettle! Check your virtue signaling at the door. Lacrosse is one of, if not the most blatant, of all college sports to provide systematic back door affirmative action for rich suburban wasps.
Read this 3x’s …still makes no sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AGAIN, the article doesn't make sense! If her parents are the one pushing this narrative, I feel bad for her because is this really going to help her? Or hurt her? Obviously she's a good player so why was the article needed? She clearly isn't missing out on any opportunities, so what was the purpose/objective of this article?

The mom (who may or may not have any lacrosse experience) is presenting on "diversity in lacrosse" at the US Lax Con.
sounds like a very self serving person and not really interested in "diversity" just wants to get her kid recruited

Wow, pot meet kettle! Check your virtue signaling at the door. Lacrosse is one of, if not the most blatant, of all college sports to provide systematic back door affirmative action for rich suburban wasps.
Read this 3x’s …still makes no sense

So are other sports doing the same for AA players ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]AGAIN, the article doesn't make sense! If her parents are the one pushing this narrative, I feel bad for her because is this really going to help her? Or hurt her? Obviously she's a good player so why was the article needed? She clearly isn't missing out on any opportunities, so what was the purpose/objective of this article?

Thought that was golf. Did Earl Woods have articles written to help Tiger? I just remember him blasting down barriers with his play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If she was a great midfielder she would have been put on black. Those midfielders and even those defenders are top level players. The AA midfielder at Heros is really good and can make any team in the area. This girl obviously not a top level middie but let’s see where she commits to play and that will tell you.

You would think that waiting to see we’re people commit could be the judge but so many teams are trying if not mandated to diversify some can right there own tickets

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of us know the situation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 15 year old would have respectfully let me know that this is not something she would have wanted to be a part of and for that reason I do not feel bad. Teenagers have their own thoughts and opinions and unless the family dynamic resembles a dictatorship, those thoughts and opinions are shared and considered.

Also, when the article was first published the young lady was quoted at the end saying like “we can take over”. That is an extremely unsettling quote with an uncomfortable tone. I looked again today and that quote has been changed to say something along the lines of being a “trailblazer”.

I do not feel bad as this is the narrative that the entire family has chosen.

Wait, the article was edited after the fact?

Yes it’s been edited. Cringe worthy now was flabbergasted before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok ok we get it.. let’s change the subject. Let’s talk about how SPSG is the #1 team in the country and everyone else especially McD stinks donkey D. If you still want to talk about inclusion our best player is a POC that plays defense too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol I choked laughing so hard reading this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok ok we get it.. let’s change the subject. Let’s talk about how SPSG is the #1 team in the country and everyone else especially McD stinks donkey D. If you still want to talk about inclusion our best player is a POC that plays defense too.
One of Spsg is a poc that plays midfield and defense and found a pretty respectable school too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we have talked about this enough. Sounds like there are a lot of instigators that want to keep this going. Let’s move on.
Theres no one instigating anything. The article doesn’t makes sense, plain & simple. Big guestion is, if she’s good enough to make the US team, WHY is she on red? She’ll be on black this fall, I’m sure.
Most the top talent doesn’t try out for the USA development program. Has no relation to actually playing on the USA team later. Brogden cup is like a 3rd rate tournament.
You are fooling yourself if you think top talent is not trying out for the US team-of course the girls want to make the team!

Ok I just googled her. She has sooo much good PR coming her way.
Great job Mom and Dad!
Kinda reminds me of a few other high schoolers not from the east coast on the circuit right now…
Anyways- these tournaments she entered and made are not cheap! Money grab city! Her parent must make a lot of it.
The USNTDP is expensive to try out, and to make the team. Maybe it’s a little seasoning on my part but you do not need these tournaments to get noticed by coaches- sure it helps, but if your kid has the right stuff, just keep on swimming!
I am just imagining the number of POC of a righteous playing ability, that can’t and don’t enter these tourneys because of cost.

Something about me wishes I had never read the article because all I can think of now is how big that chip is and all of the players anxiously awaiting an opportunity to knock it off- especially the true happy defenders who “just aren’t that good enough” and are waiting at the back to the perfect opportunity to knock down, slide, deflect, charge, pick six, yellowcard, BRING IT ON.

Of course her parents have money because she attends Severn School and travels there from PG County. Even with a scholarship, attending Severn is not cheap and a parent has to be responsible for getting her back and forth which means time away from a 9-5 job. I found the article insulting to other POC that I have seen play over the years in ALL positions. I know of quite a few M&D BLACK players who have tried out for the USNTDP and didn’t make it so the fact that she made the team and plays on the RED team says a lot. My daughter plays for another school in the IAAM-A division and this player did not stand out when her team played Severn. This whole article just doesn’t seem authentic and I don’t know who would want to coach her and set themselves up for future scrutiny/racist label. This definitely will hurt her future recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No-please don’t talk about St Paul’s or McD !!!!! That too is a subject that needs to be put to rest. There has to be other things to talk about than those two schools. darn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of Spsg is a poc that plays midfield and defense and found a pretty respectable school too.
Sarcasm da everyone knows she’s legit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree it is insulting to other POC players. I've seen some great POC players at tournaments over the years in all positions but whats wrong with defense?. There is a great POC mid at Hoco that killed us last summer. I don't think I've ever noticed the girl in the article but maybe, just maybe she shouldn't be a mid. For the US team she made it out of all of those other players that tried out. How many tried out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree it is insulting to other POC players. I've seen some great POC players at tournaments over the years in all positions but whats wrong with defense?. There is a great POC mid at Hoco that killed us last summer. I don't think I've ever noticed the girl in the article but maybe, just maybe she shouldn't be a mid. For the US team she made it out of all of those other players that tried out. How many tried out?

KW was an ok player/defender at UNC!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No-please don’t talk about St Paul’s or McD !!!!! That too is a subject that needs to be put to rest. There has to be other things to talk about than those two schools. darn

Can we talk about the goals League and how they cancel
Games with no make ups or no refunds. Some teams about to lose 30% of their season with snow tomorrow. Need an alternative.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Believe I know the HoCo player you speak of and she is now with Hero's Green.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try Webster(?) lacrosse academy next year. Elitist of the elites!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]AGAIN, the article doesn't make sense! If her parents are the one pushing this narrative, I feel bad for her because is this really going to help her? Or hurt her? Obviously she's a good player so why was the article needed? She clearly isn't missing out on any opportunities, so what was the purpose/objective of this article?

Thought that was golf. Did Earl Woods have articles written to help Tiger? I just remember him blasting down barriers with his play.

You are making bad assumptions and statements. You assume that her parents are using this as an elevation platform. You have no idea, nor I, of their experiences. So please stop making these types of statements. Earl Woods had several issues with golf and golfers on how they treated his son. All you need to do is Google before you make a statement…. I did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Games with no make ups or no refunds. Some teams about to lose 30% of their season with snow tomorrow. Need an alternative.

How dare they cancel games because of inclement weather. Let them play outside in the parking lot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta flip on your 4 WHEEL Drive for the first time ever at some point!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this isn’t the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How dare they cancel games because of inclement weather. Let them play outside in the parking lot

Issue is not weather. Your thoughts on no make ups or refunds only tough guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the alternative is do not play in the league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this isn’t the truth.

Is this a dig about them being "elitist" or a recommendation? I've never heard of them so this is an honest question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Post is notorious for not doing their research. They jump on an issue without researching both sides of the story. Sadly, the message this family is trying to convey gets lost and weakened by the journalist. We need diversity in all sports. Lacrosse is an expensive sport that makes it hard for lower income of any race to compete. I think the issue is more of a socio-economic problem than a race problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But to claim that a coach moving a player to defense is racially motivated is way off base. There are plenty of star studded high school midfielders who end up playing defense in college. There are lots of players who end up playing completely different positions and being asked to play roles that they didn’t anticipate playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely agree. It is obvious the parents have/had little understanding of defense and lacrosse as a whole. Parents mention they bought books to get better educated on the sport. Every position plays a vital role in success to win a game. Seems like they are using race to elevate their daughter but their argument falls short or at least the journalist conveyed it that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely agree. It is obvious the parents have/had little understanding of defense and lacrosse as a whole. Parents mention they bought books to get better educated on the sport. Every position plays a vital role in success to win a game. Seems like they are using race to elevate their daughter but their argument falls short or at least the journalist conveyed it that way.

They are using it to market their daughter, I mean given the current climate, its not a bad idea.

The article completely ignores the minorities that came before her, no mention of a Emma Ward, who is currently a honorable Mention All American at Attack, as a minority.
This is not the first article on the family and their perspective with race issues.

As one person said, theirs a financial divide in the game of lacrosse, more so, than a racial one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are using it to market their daughter, I mean given the current climate, its not a bad idea.

The article completely ignores the minorities that came before her, no mention of a Emma Ward, who is currently a honorable Mention All American at Attack, as a minority.
This is not the first article on the family and their perspective with race issues.

As one person said, theirs a financial divide in the game of lacrosse, more so, than a racial one.

Or SW who is a pre-season first team AA midfielder from the big lax hub of.... Calvert County and played for Jets. (she's a stud too)

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: No name dropping
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure this will have a positive impact on her recruiting. It could possibly done the opposite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure this will have a positive impact on her recruiting. It could possibly done the opposite.

As a prior college lax coach (but now full time lax parent), I wouldn’t recruit this player mainly due to the fear that race issues would heavily influence the team dynamic. It’s obvious the parents are hyper sensitive about the issue and although I am not privy to their personal experience, there are too many potential recruits to take the chance on this one girl. I would move on and I am guessing many current coaches will do the same come recruiting time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a prior college lax coach (but now full time lax parent), I wouldn’t recruit this player mainly due to the fear that race issues would heavily influence the team dynamic. It’s obvious the parents are hyper sensitive about the issue and although I am not privy to their personal experience, there are too many potential recruits to take the chance on this one girl. I would move on and I am guessing many current coaches will do the same come recruiting time.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Except that's the homogenous safe space BS that perpetuates the glass ceiling and discrimination in the sport. If recruiting were just about winning lacrosse championships then that's one thing. But it's also about granting admissions into many of the world's most elite and selective universities, and in turn into the most coveted and important professions down the road. When coaches at "top" schools like Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Brown, Cornell, Army etc. make it a priority to perpetuate blue-eyed safe spaces even though they are rarely or never in contention for the Final Four, then they are just exercising reverse affirmative action. At many of these schools, it could not be more flagrant that the most important qualification for getting recruited is eye color, not playing ability. Heck, you're already at a disadvantage if you are white but with brown eyes. These safe space coaches are denying admissions to other more qualified applicants who have busted their jerks - whether or not they play lacrosse - and failing in their bigger responsibility to cultivate real future leaders who are capable of comprehending diverse input and competent at tackling diverse issues. The failure is especially egregious at a institution like Army, which pays for student tuition with public tax dollars and has a responsibility to reflect and resemble the best of America's melting pot, not the Mayflower.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Except that's the homogenous safe space BS that perpetuates the glass ceiling and discrimination in the sport. If recruiting were just about winning lacrosse championships then that's one thing. But it's also about granting admissions into many of the world's most elite and selective universities, and in turn into the most coveted and important professions down the road. When coaches at "top" schools like Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Brown, Cornell, Army etc. make it a priority to perpetuate blue-eyed safe spaces even though they are rarely or never in contention for the Final Four, then they are just exercising reverse affirmative action. At many of these schools, it could not be more flagrant that the most important qualification for getting recruited is eye color, not playing ability. Heck, you're already at a disadvantage if you are white but with brown eyes. These safe space coaches are denying admissions to other more qualified applicants who have busted their jerks - whether or not they play lacrosse - and failing in their bigger responsibility to cultivate real future leaders who are capable of comprehending diverse input and competent at tackling diverse issues. The failure is especially egregious at a institution like Army, which pays for student tuition with public tax dollars and has a responsibility to reflect and resemble the best of America's melting pot, not the Mayflower.

That’s the biggest load of BS I’ve read in a while even with your fancy words

Like Reply Quote
Page 56 of 117 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 116 117
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard