Top 40 Ranked Fresh Just Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/19/22 02:57 PM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 05/19/22 02:39 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/19/22 02:27 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/19/22 02:24 PM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 05/19/22 02:16 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,073
Posts335,101
Members2,437
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 147 of 207 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 206 207
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #362830 01/14/22 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AGAIN, the article doesn't make sense! If her parents are the one pushing this narrative, I feel bad for her because is this really going to help her? Or hurt her? Obviously she's a good player so why was the article needed? She clearly isn't missing out on any opportunities, so what was the purpose/objective of this article?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362831 01/14/22 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I think we have talked about this enough. Sounds like there are a lot of instigators that want to keep this going. Let’s move on.
Theres no one instigating anything. The article doesn’t makes sense, plain & simple. Big guestion is, if she’s good enough to make the US team, WHY is she on red? She’ll be on black this fall, I’m sure.
Most the top talent doesn’t try out for the USA development program. Has no relation to actually playing on the USA team later. Brogden cup is like a 3rd rate tournament.
You are fooling yourself if you think top talent is not trying out for the US team-of course the girls want to make the team!


Ok I just googled her. She has sooo much good PR coming her way.
Great job Mom and Dad!
Kinda reminds me of a few other high schoolers not from the east coast on the circuit right now…
Anyways- these tournaments she entered and made are not cheap! Money grab city! Her parent must make a lot of it.
The USNTDP is expensive to try out, and to make the team. Maybe it’s a little seasoning on my part but you do not need these tournaments to get noticed by coaches- sure it helps, but if your kid has the right stuff, just keep on swimming!
I am just imagining the number of POC of a righteous playing ability, that can’t and don’t enter these tourneys because of cost.

Not hard now a days to find out just about every thing about everybody. Lives in a 1.3mill home. The struggle is real!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362835 01/14/22 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some in the lax community believe that AA players lack the skill to be attackers or midfielders, therefore, should be defenders. Getting a red card for saying something as common as “I got ball” is outrageous.

You saw this happen ? Kids didn’t pass her the ball cause she couldn’t catch. Happens to lots of players.

The girl dd not start playing until she was in 7th grade. By that age most of her peers have been playing for 8-9 years. So that alone puts her at a disadvantage if she wanted to play mid or attack. So yes she naturally has lower skills and IQ than her peers that have been playing since they were 4 and 5. Add to that she is from PG County which like most counties and states is not a lacrosse hotbed. Her parents probably didn't play lacrosse, so again she did not get exposed to it early. Race had nothing to do with those factors. If you watch her play (Her hudl is probably blowing up) she is fast and can play d but has average skills as a middie. Add to that, she is playing against B level teams. Not hating but this was very strategic by her parents right before recruiting season.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362838 01/14/22 01:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some in the lax community believe that AA players lack the skill to be attackers or midfielders, therefore, should be defenders. Getting a red card for saying something as common as “I got ball” is outrageous.

You saw this happen ? Kids didn’t pass her the ball cause she couldn’t catch. Happens to lots of players.

The girl dd not start playing until she was in 7th grade. By that age most of her peers have been playing for 8-9 years. So that alone puts her at a disadvantage if she wanted to play mid or attack. So yes she naturally has lower skills and IQ than her peers that have been playing since they were 4 and 5. Add to that she is from PG County which like most counties and states is not a lacrosse hotbed. Her parents probably didn't play lacrosse, so again she did not get exposed to it early. Race had nothing to do with those factors. If you watch her play (Her hudl is probably blowing up) she is fast and can play d but has average skills as a middie. Add to that, she is playing against B level teams. Not hating but this was very strategic by her parents right before recruiting season.

I think certainly getting the attention they were seeking, for sure. Plenty of girls in the same boat. Started playing the game later, other girls havevbetter IQ/Skills. Let’s move on.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362844 01/14/22 02:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some in the lax community believe that AA players lack the skill to be attackers or midfielders, therefore, should be defenders. Getting a red card for saying something as common as “I got ball” is outrageous.

You saw this happen ? Kids didn’t pass her the ball cause she couldn’t catch. Happens to lots of players.

The girl dd not start playing until she was in 7th grade. By that age most of her peers have been playing for 8-9 years. So that alone puts her at a disadvantage if she wanted to play mid or attack. So yes she naturally has lower skills and IQ than her peers that have been playing since they were 4 and 5. Add to that she is from PG County which like most counties and states is not a lacrosse hotbed. Her parents probably didn't play lacrosse, so again she did not get exposed to it early. Race had nothing to do with those factors. If you watch her play (Her hudl is probably blowing up) she is fast and can play d but has average skills as a middie. Add to that, she is playing against B level teams. Not hating but this was very strategic by her parents right before recruiting season.

I think certainly getting the attention they were seeking, for sure. Plenty of girls in the same boat. Started playing the game later, other girls havevbetter IQ/Skills. Let’s move on.

YES!! Please.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362846 01/14/22 02:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
AGAIN, the article doesn't make sense! If her parents are the one pushing this narrative, I feel bad for her because is this really going to help her? Or hurt her? Obviously she's a good player so why was the article needed? She clearly isn't missing out on any opportunities, so what was the purpose/objective of this article?

It is the parents and US Lacrosse pushing the agenda.

The mom (who may or may not have any lacrosse experience) is presenting on "diversity in lacrosse" at the US Lax Con.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362852 01/14/22 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
AGAIN, the article doesn't make sense! If her parents are the one pushing this narrative, I feel bad for her because is this really going to help her? Or hurt her? Obviously she's a good player so why was the article needed? She clearly isn't missing out on any opportunities, so what was the purpose/objective of this article?

It is the parents and US Lacrosse pushing the agenda.

The mom (who may or may not have any lacrosse experience) is presenting on "diversity in lacrosse" at the US Lax Con.
sounds like a very self serving person and not really interested in "diversity" just wants to get her kid recruited

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362854 01/14/22 03:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 15 year old would have respectfully let me know that this is not something she would have wanted to be a part of and for that reason I do not feel bad. Teenagers have their own thoughts and opinions and unless the family dynamic resembles a dictatorship, those thoughts and opinions are shared and considered.

Also, when the article was first published the young lady was quoted at the end saying like “we can take over”. That is an extremely unsettling quote with an uncomfortable tone. I looked again today and that quote has been changed to say something along the lines of being a “trailblazer”.

I do not feel bad as this is the narrative that the entire family has chosen.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362855 01/14/22 03:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
AGAIN, the article doesn't make sense! If her parents are the one pushing this narrative, I feel bad for her because is this really going to help her? Or hurt her? Obviously she's a good player so why was the article needed? She clearly isn't missing out on any opportunities, so what was the purpose/objective of this article?

It is the parents and US Lacrosse pushing the agenda.

The mom (who may or may not have any lacrosse experience) is presenting on "diversity in lacrosse" at the US Lax Con.
sounds like a very self serving person and not really interested in "diversity" just wants to get her kid recruited

Wow, pot meet kettle! Check your virtue signaling at the door. Lacrosse is one of, if not the most blatant, of all college sports to provide systematic back door affirmative action for rich suburban wasps.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362856 01/14/22 03:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I think we have talked about this enough. Sounds like there are a lot of instigators that want to keep this going. Let’s move on.
Theres no one instigating anything. The article doesn’t makes sense, plain & simple. Big guestion is, if she’s good enough to make the US team, WHY is she on red? She’ll be on black this fall, I’m sure.
Most the top talent doesn’t try out for the USA development program. Has no relation to actually playing on the USA team later. Brogden cup is like a 3rd rate tournament.
You are fooling yourself if you think top talent is not trying out for the US team-of course the girls want to make the team!


Ok I just googled her. She has sooo much good PR coming her way.
Great job Mom and Dad!
Kinda reminds me of a few other high schoolers not from the east coast on the circuit right now…
Anyways- these tournaments she entered and made are not cheap! Money grab city! Her parent must make a lot of it.
The USNTDP is expensive to try out, and to make the team. Maybe it’s a little seasoning on my part but you do not need these tournaments to get noticed by coaches- sure it helps, but if your kid has the right stuff, just keep on swimming!
I am just imagining the number of POC of a righteous playing ability, that can’t and don’t enter these tourneys because of cost.

Not hard now a days to find out just about every thing about everybody. Lives in a 1.3mill home. The struggle is real!

…and what does the value of their home have to do with the subject? Sounds like they worked hard to afford it…like so many of us. Also sounds like envy and jealousy. Let’s move on from the subject. This is a circular conversation with rehash after rehash.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362858 01/14/22 03:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I shared the same sentiment with that quote. Have you looked at the article recently? That quote about taking over has been changed to say something about being a trailblazer. Anyone have the original?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #362859 01/14/22 03:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I miss some direct or indirect reference that she tried out (or wanted to) for M&D black, but decided to play red instead so she could play midfield? Seems like a lot of assumptions just because she is not playing for M&D black that it was a decision based on the coach not being open to her playing midfield.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362863 01/14/22 04:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did I miss some direct or indirect reference that she tried out (or wanted to) for M&D black, but decided to play red instead so she could play midfield? Seems like a lot of assumptions just because she is not playing for M&D black that it was a decision based on the coach not being open to her playing midfield.

If she was a great midfielder she would have been put on black. Those midfielders and even those defenders are top level players. The AA midfielder at Heros is really good and can make any team in the area. This girl obviously not a top level middie but let’s see where she commits to play and that will tell you.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #362866 01/14/22 04:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the way the Wash Post set this article up with a lack of diversity in Montgomery County lacrosse on Christmas eve.
The Post is a one trick pony and that pony is racial division.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #362867 01/14/22 05:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My 15 year old would have respectfully let me know that this is not something she would have wanted to be a part of and for that reason I do not feel bad. Teenagers have their own thoughts and opinions and unless the family dynamic resembles a dictatorship, those thoughts and opinions are shared and considered.

Also, when the article was first published the young lady was quoted at the end saying like “we can take over”. That is an extremely unsettling quote with an uncomfortable tone. I looked again today and that quote has been changed to say something along the lines of being a “trailblazer”.

I do not feel bad as this is the narrative that the entire family has chosen.

Wait, the article was edited after the fact?

Like Reply Quote
Page 147 of 207 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 206 207
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4