Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 07:42 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 07:17 PM
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 06:21 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 05:21 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 05:06 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,153
Posts341,709
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 70 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 69 70
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #361861 01/06/22 12:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all a money generator.... Everyone knows it. Pay the fees, eat the political nonsense or dont play. Its not rocket science.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TheBackOfTheCage #361865 01/06/22 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club lacrosse has destroyed youth lacrosse much the same way AAU basketball teams did to youth basketball

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361886 01/06/22 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Club lacrosse has destroyed youth lacrosse much the same way AAU basketball teams did to youth basketball

So your son is as bad at lax as you were in hoops? People pay a lot of money for this clinical advice. What you have is projection issues. Have a good day.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361914 01/06/22 03:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's really no place for dad coaches beyond maybe 6th grade and even that is a stretch in my opinion. They are either looking for a free tuition or want to control their kids playing time. Even if they are a good coach, it does not outweigh the perception of the parents and the doubt that it causes as to their motivation for doing it. Basically, have enough sense to walk away.

100%. Find a club daddy coach whose kid doesn't start on the team and stay on the field 75% of the game. Sometimes they are good players, but not always that good. You can't name one.
The dad coach, the team "mom" and the group of dads surrounding the coach between every game laughing at all his jokes. They all have an agenda and are trying to do whatever it takes to give their kid an advantage. Everyone has an angle and nobody is doing it out of the goodness of their heart. The funny part is they all think that they are fooling everyone. Believe me, people aren't that notIntelligent. Everyone is fully aware of what you're doing and why you're doing it.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #361918 01/06/22 03:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So PAL has decided to play Sat/Sun this spring. Going to shoot themselves in the foot. Should keep Sundays. I think most believe in playing with town kids. Now your making kids decide to play with Club or PAL saturdays. Most kids will choose Club

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #361927 01/06/22 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So PAL has decided to play Sat/Sun this spring. Going to shoot themselves in the foot. Should keep Sundays. I think most believe in playing with town kids. Now your making kids decide to play with Club or PAL saturdays. Most kids will choose Club
2025s don't play PAL anymore. Also, travel tournaments really don't pick up until after the school and PAL seasons are over. Are you trying to deflect the conversation in a different direction for some reason?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361962 01/06/22 09:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love to ask PAL, if you are all about development and fair play why isn’t lacrosse run like football? And go by age? Does any PAL director have any insight on that? Why follow club rules? Shouldn’t PAL follow US lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #362050 01/07/22 02:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love to ask PAL, if you are all about development and fair play why isn’t lacrosse run like football? And go by age? Does any PAL director have any insight on that? Why follow club rules? Shouldn’t PAL follow US lacrosse?

PAL has also been taken over by greedy directors! Yes I know PAL is supposed to be non profit but we all know this is BS. When your PAL team price goes up by 40% it starts to make you think🤔

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #362082 01/07/22 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These kids are in HS. Who is still playing PAL?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #362763 01/13/22 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to credit to Shock. They really did not play vs any heavy competition this fall, until today. Even though they lost, everyone has lost to that 91MD team. They beat Sweetlax and lost by 2 in the ship.

The game played yesterday was an outstanding battle. I’m glad I was able to watch it.

Great game. Did they bring in the kid from Texas
?

You mean Seaford.

It doesn’t matter to anybody except the kid from here that practices with the team year round and gets minutes taken away. Happens now with all the clubs and nice thing is there is a lot choice to play elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #362792 01/14/22 12:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to credit to Shock. They really did not play vs any heavy competition this fall, until today. Even though they lost, everyone has lost to that 91MD team. They beat Sweetlax and lost by 2 in the ship.

The game played yesterday was an outstanding battle. I’m glad I was able to watch it.

?

You mean Seaford.

It doesn’t matter to anybody except the kid from here that practices with the team year round and gets minutes taken away. Happens now with all the clubs and nice thing is there is a lot choice to play elsewhere.

It's been said before but I'll say it again for you slow learners. The "Texas" kid has been with 91 since 3rd grade. His family only moved to Texas last year. Maybe some people are jealous because his parents can afford to fly from Texas for lacrosse. Maybe some are jealous because he's possibly the best 2025 lefty attack in 2025 on LI. I don't know. Either way, if someone is upset about playing behind him, find another team. He's not going anywhere and he's not going to be playing on the second line.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #362807 01/14/22 09:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

?

You mean Seaford.

It's been said before but I'll say it again for you slow learners. The "Texas" kid has been with 91 since 3rd grade. His family only moved to Texas last year. Maybe some people are jealous because his parents can afford to fly from Texas for lacrosse. Maybe some are jealous because he's possibly the best 2025 lefty attack in 2025 on LI. I don't know. Either way, if someone is upset about playing behind him, find another team. He's not going anywhere and he's not going to be playing on the second line.

Not on 91, but that kid is the best attacker in the grade! If 91 parents are unhappy we would love to have him play for our team. Just don’t see what the big deal is, he’s been on that team forever.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #362918 01/15/22 10:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a big deal since this is the norm more and more and most teams have kids on the roster from several states. And more clubs also now National teams. Saw the Rebels are starting one. Only point is if practice is missing 3 or 4 kids because of geography and they play in tourneys, that would frustrate me as a parent. But since my son is not on the team, it’s none of my business. It’s HS, I am of the opinion that your son has to be on a team where he plays meaningful minutes. Meaning does the coach trust him play in the game when it’s tied?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #362927 01/15/22 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

?

You mean Seaford.

The fogo from Texas is new though right? Replacing LI kid thats been on the team for a while?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #362988 01/16/22 05:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Previous 2025 fogo reclassed. Current fogo who is one of the best at the age jumped over from another team so he wasn’t splitting reps only to find out he was splitting with someone who most likely only pays for the tournaments

Like Reply Quote
Page 53 of 70 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard