BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 73 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA150 deadline is today. Any comments on it of any kind would be appreciated. (application process, evaluation, experience, value)

Lots of good players and lots of games. Best in class is new and similar concept. Some 24 from Long Island doing that one.

Best in Class is run by Deemer Class. He's awesome and truly cares about the kids reaching their goals of playing in college.
UA 150 was a well run event. Both are good options IMO.

Best in class is way less political. UA is about the club coaches favorites. If your team has a mommy or daddy coachs kid who applies expect them to get an automatic spot because they will give a spot to their own child before anyone else’s.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My belief is that conferences already with the sport will have the next schools to add. I would think Texas would be a great add with a lax only venue and a strong club team but they along with Oklahoma are moving to SEC. No women’s lacrosse teams in that conference and the only NCAA team in Texas is U of Dallas(D3). Too much travel expenses for those teams to add unless the whole conference decided to add it. Hopefully with more growth in the those states over the next few years it will happen.

Watch out for ACC schools- NCState, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Miami and Wake Forest

AAC(American)-Florida Atlantic, UNC Charlotte stated 2 years ago they were adding WLax but seems to have stalled,

PAC 12 and the west coast- hopefully as the MPSF conference only has 2 teams- UC Davis and San Diego state.

CAA-College of Charleston, Northeastern, UNC Wilmington

ASUN-Bellamine, Central Arkansas, Florida Gulf Coast, UNorth Florida, Eastern Kentucky, Cleveland State

How about a school like West Virginia? Close to many lax schools but they are currently in Big 12. There is a tremendous amount of realignment as football schools look to grab TV $$. So who knows what the future will bring.

Rumor is the next two D1 women teams will be NJIT and Miami (OH). Potential start of 2024 for both

Thanks for sharing. Where did you hear this?

NJIT makes a lot of sense as American East sponsors the sport. That would leave Maine as the only school in American East without women’s lacrosse as a varsity sport. Hartford is dropping down to D3. Plus they already have a men’s team.

Miami Ohio is another great choice as a member of the MAC. That’s a growing conference for women’s lacrosse with several schools having new programs, YSU, Akron, CMichigan, Detroit Mercy, EMichigan and Robert Morris just moved from NEC.

We have a club parent on the NJIT Board. Apparently Miami is no really a secret, it has been in their athletic strategic plan for a while and was delayed due to Covid.

Many signs pointing to Florida state also. Makes a lot of sense because of their conference(ACC) and plenty of competition in Florida and the rest of the southern states.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this point it doesn’t matter how good the tourney is - do it to get film, lots of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA150 deadline is today. Any comments on it of any kind would be appreciated. (application process, evaluation, experience, value)

Lots of good players and lots of games. Best in class is new and similar concept. Some 24 from Long Island doing that one.

Best in Class is run by Deemer Class. He's awesome and truly cares about the kids reaching their goals of playing in college.

Best in class is way less political. UA is about the club coaches favorites. If your team has a mommy or daddy coachs kid who applies expect them to get an automatic spot because they will give a spot to their own child before anyone else’s.

Yep- expect YJ, 91, and any other teams with. mom/dad coaches to have their kids on those rosters solely because they are the coach. Their kids will be among the weaker at the event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if your teams sent UA150 out to the entire team suggesting it or if it wasn't mentioned to you?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Original Poster here, I only got an email from UA directly telling me that the deadline THAT day. The only email we received. Nothing from the team or anyone else. Too late to get anything gushing from club coach and high school coach which they said was Optional. I doubt they bother to take a look at the video if there wasn't. And yet who can blame them? If I were UA, I'd start with the "Optionals" and decide from there who's video to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Original Poster here, I only got an email from UA directly telling me that the deadline THAT day. The only email we received. Nothing from the team or anyone else. Too late to get anything gushing from club coach and high school coach which they said was Optional. I doubt they bother to take a look at the video if there wasn't. And yet who can blame them? If I were UA, I'd start with the "Optionals" and decide from there who's video to watch.

What team do you play for? Our coach sent it to the entire team and wrote us a very long detailed recommendation as they should.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if your teams sent UA150 out to the entire team suggesting it or if it wasn't mentioned to you?

This event is a money grad and a waste of time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My belief is that conferences already with the sport will have the next schools to add. I would think Texas would be a great add with a lax only venue and a strong club team but they along with Oklahoma are moving to SEC. No women’s lacrosse teams in that conference and the only NCAA team in Texas is U of Dallas(D3). Too much travel expenses for those teams to add unless the whole conference decided to add it. Hopefully with more growth in the those states over the next few years it will happen.

Watch out for ACC schools- NCState, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Miami and Wake Forest

AAC(American)-Florida Atlantic, UNC Charlotte stated 2 years ago they were adding WLax but seems to have stalled,

PAC 12 and the west coast- hopefully as the MPSF conference only has 2 teams- UC Davis and San Diego state.

ASUN-Bellamine, Central Arkansas, Florida Gulf Coast, UNorth Florida, Eastern Kentucky, Cleveland State

How about a school like West Virginia? Close to many lax schools but they are currently in Big 12. There is a tremendous amount of realignment as football schools look to grab TV $$. So who knows what the future will bring.

I love your enthusiasm but the reality is there isn’t enough talent to go around.

Not all of these but could see a few more added.
Rumor has it NJIT in the NEC and Miami U Ohio in the MAC are the next to add. If you look at those both of those conferences it makes a lot of sense. NJIT already has a men’s team. Based on rumors Florida State (ACC) could also. Great opportunity for women. Girl Power!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares cause it’s all a money grab!!. Please don’t make your club sound like it’s better than any other. We haven’t seen the bashing or fake news self promoting in a few weeks. We like it positive.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love your enthusiasm but the reality is there isn’t enough talent to go around.

Not all of these but could see a few more added.
Rumor has it NJIT in the NEC and Miami U Ohio in the MAC are the next to add. If you look at those both of those conferences it makes a lot of sense. NJIT already has a men’s team. Based on rumors Florida State (ACC) could also. Great opportunity for women. Girl Power!!!

NJIT is now part of American East conference. Take a look and you will see that the rumor makes complete sense.
Let’s hope that a lack of revenue from civid doesn’t slow any of these potential changes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares cause it’s all a money grab!!. Please don’t make your club sound like it’s better than any other. We haven’t seen the bashing or fake news self promoting in a few weeks. We like it positive.

Truth of the matter is some clubs are much better than others and I don’t think any clubs are on here with a full time botc promoter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth of the matter is some clubs are much better than others and I don’t think any clubs are on here with a full time botc promoter

Whether or not it’s a money grab it’s still attracting the top players. It is true that coaches kids make it 99% of the time regardless of their skill so don’t be surprised when your coach puts their kid up before yours if it comes down to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These events are not all money grabs. The parents who claim they are are the parents whose kids can’t get in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These events are not all money grabs. The parents who claim they are are the parents whose kids can’t get in.

Should these events be free of charge? UA 150 is a good event that tries to bring in the best players possible. There will always be parents who complain about "parent coaches, connections, politics etc..." many of these parents can not accurately assess how their daughter stacks up vs other players. No one event is the end all be all there are many opportunities for college coaches to watch the kids play. If a college coach watches a player compete and believes that the player can help the coaches program the coach will recruit the player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the first ‘24 commit is a a ‘23 reclass to Stanford! Let the craziness begin!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the first ‘24 commit is a a ‘23 reclass to Stanford! Let the craziness begin!

Who reclassed? What does that even mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It means repeating a grade.

What is crazy about re-classing? For some it is a smart thing to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep- expect YJ, 91, and any other teams with. mom/dad coaches to have their kids on those rosters solely because they are the coach. Their kids will be among the weaker at the event.

91 coach doesn’t even show up to practices so her daughter making a team is the least of the concerns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume it's someone who will have enough HS credits to graduate after 3 years and decides to skip their 4th year of HS and head to college. Don't know anything about this particular situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume that your are saying a current 2023 who is committed to Stanford is going to reclass technically making her the first 2024 to be committed. If true, why is it crazy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 coach doesn’t even show up to practices so her daughter making a team is the least of the concerns.

This goes for all parents coaches not just the one mentioned above: these coaches will be parents first always. Their kids will always come first because they are parents first and foremost. It’s why parent coaches are always frowned upon but can you blame them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume it's someone who will have enough HS credits to graduate after 3 years and decides to skip their 4th year of HS and head to college. Don't know anything about this particular situation.

If you’re a 24 though you still can’t commit until 9/1 of your junior year to d1 so confused on how a 24 could commit to d1 even if they’re reclassed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you’re a 24 though you still can’t commit until 9/1 of your junior year to d1 so confused on how a 24 could commit to d1 even if they’re reclassed

Agreed doesn’t make sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would imagine it’s a2023 who will take a gap year after senior year. Therefore she’ll be arriving on campus as a freshman with current 2024s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like they were a 2023 who commited as a 23 and is now reclassing to 2024? Maybe Repeating 11th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A ‘23 from Colorado just committed to Stanford. She will reclass (go to prep school)and enter as a ‘24. So she is technically the first’24 commit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a 23 is committed and reclassing they can know where they are going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of unfair to take a spot away from a true 24

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a 23 is committed and reclassing they can know where they are going.

Yes. Boys have been doing this for years. Haven’t see it on the girls side until now. Maybe a new trend? Not many I know of would turn down a chance to go to Stanford if it means waiting a year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A ‘23who has a special arrangement to going to a PG year and then Stanford will take her?
I heard John Carroll has a 22 that reclassed to a 23 this years- a girl.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any information on the Juniors Open? Is this a new showcase

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any information on the Juniors Open? Is this a new showcase

You apply for a spot. First year running so could not speak to whether it was any good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of unfair to take a spot away from a true 24

Nothing unfair at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A ‘23 from Colorado just committed to Stanford. She will reclass (go to prep school)and enter as a ‘24. So she is technically the first’24 commit

It’s not a reclass if in fact she is doing a PG year.

Nothing new about PG , people have been doing it for years but I believe it has been predominantly done by boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not a reclass if in fact she is doing a PG year.

Nothing new about PG , people have been doing it for years but I believe it has been predominantly done by boys.

You can call it what ever you want, but the girl is entering college a year after what would be typical. It’s a privilege reserved for the wealthy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Long Island kids have made best in class?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sofia Conti, YJ Weiner
Emily Haugen, YJ Ramos
Kayleigh Corr, Jesters Black
Kate Hearns, Jesters Black
Tess Calabria, YJ Weiner
Riley Zusi, Legacy

These are all very strong local players and deserve all the recognition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who wants to pay to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would one know? Invite by email?

Page 41 of 73 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard