BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,923
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 122 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 121 122
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why the detest for McD either but let’s be clear about 3 things:
1) it certainly wasn’t a useless tournament to the girls
2) if you think it useless, then why ever play any tournaments, with your logic games don’t matter then either
3) This is usleful if you care about rankings for Maryland teams. This is the only games the teams will play between states for their high school. Therefore it helps all Maryland teams with national rankings which is also important to the players (clearly not to you of course because it is clear that your comment is literally about taking success away from the girls that work hard win or lose)
To close, just let them have their kudos on a great winning weekend. As I am sure you can’t possibly run up and down a field once let alone for 4 straight hours of games and playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love it! Check out some rosters. Some traditional great lacrosse schools played in this "useless" tournament. Players are going to some powerhouse college teams. All of those teams came ready to play, and there was some really great team play and individual play that I witnessed from too many teams to count. I enjoyed the weekend, even though we lost. So stop bashing teams that win, and do yourself a favor...go to counseling, and let you kids team play without you bashing the team that beats you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not sure why the detest for McD either but let’s be clear about 3 things:
1) it certainly wasn’t a useless tournament to the girls
2) if you think it useless, then why ever play any tournaments, with your logic games don’t matter then either
3) This is usleful if you care about rankings for Maryland teams. This is the only games the teams will play between states for their high school. Therefore it helps all Maryland teams with national rankings which is also important to the players (clearly not to you of course because it is clear that your comment is literally about taking success away from the girls that work hard win or lose)
To close, just let them have their kudos on a great winning weekend. As I am sure you can’t possibly run up and down a field once let alone for 4 straight hours of games and playoffs.[/
Thanks SPSG parent. Why isn’t SPSG playing in the BWI indoor league then where they can prove they are the best week in and week out. A 4 game tournament doesn’t prove much when they play weak teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The BWI indoor league is good for reducing roster size eg causing injuries before the season. There is a big disparity in skill levels between teams and often those frustrations result in rough play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good job SPSG. But why the bitterness towards McD??? Let it go

Their coach has already stripped the joy and love of the sport out of players . No use compounding it. can someone post her most recent email /text to players.

SPSG or McD coach? Guessing McD. Someone needs to expose her for who she really is. In fact a few coaches in the IAAM need to be exposed for who they really are.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't call it a useless tournament, but it was 7 on 7 with no draws after goals wasn't it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to SPSG. I do think it was strange that an IL Women contributor tweeted about an "impressive player so far" when the player hadn't played yet? Makes you wonder about the acknowledgements that players get in these settings? How can a player impress when they hadn't played a game that day (the 1st day by the way).

It was posted around halftime of their first game. Obviously she watched at least part of the first half and the player stood out.
Yeah ok. There’s a clear agenda when you look at whom this particular IL contributor has made comments like this about and we’re she’s ranked players in club and college. iIt’s obvious if just look through the last few months of the magazine you’ll notice almost every picture has a common theme.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your logic is incredible, I can only assume that you peaked in high school and now praying your kid can do the same. To respond in the same context and I ordered them from least notIntelligent to most notIntelligent to help with your presumed iq under 80(but I am sure you scored 4 touchdowns in one high school football game and you used to bench 405)
1) no one is claiming it proves anything except that spsg was the best that weekend.
2) with kind of argument is “why don’t they do this league or that league” or they aren’t the best. By that logic Michael Jordan stunk because he never won a game in the wnba
3). Weak team? 12 of the top 15 schools In the country were there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your logic is incredible, I can only assume that you peaked in high school and now praying your kid can do the same. To respond in the same context and I ordered them from least notIntelligent to most notIntelligent to help with your presumed iq under 80(but I am sure you scored 4 touchdowns in one high school football game and you used to bench 405)
1) no one is claiming it proves anything except that spsg was the best that weekend.
2) with kind of argument is “why don’t they do this league or that league” or they aren’t the best. By that logic Michael Jordan stunk because he never won a game in the wnba
I stand corrected.SPSG has already won the IAAM A. All the other 13 teams are playing for 2nd. You are a typical private school
snob parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to SPSG. I do think it was strange that an IL Women contributor tweeted about an "impressive player so far" when the player hadn't played yet? Makes you wonder about the acknowledgements that players get in these settings? How can a player impress when they hadn't played a game that day (the 1st day by the way).

It was posted around halftime of their first game. Obviously she watched at least part of the first half and the player stood out.
Yeah ok. There’s a clear agenda when you look at whom this particular IL contributor has made comments like this about and we’re she’s ranked players in club and college. iIt’s obvious if just look through the last few months of the magazine you’ll notice almost every picture has a common theme.

Are you really saying what I think you're saying? Man I hope not. If so you need help.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one has clarified which coach - McD or SPSG?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one has clarified which coach - McD or SPSG?

NDP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you really saying what I think you're saying? Man I hope not. If so you need help.
I don’t know what do you think I’m saying. If you thinking what I’m thinking then you clearly see it too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected. SPSG has already won the IAAM A. All the other 13 teams are playing for 2nd. You are a typical private school
snob parent.

I WANT TO CHANGE MY ANSWER ON THE IQ, I CAN ONLY ASSUME IT IS BELOW 50. Not assuming that any team will win next year, I specifically said that SPSG was the best THAT WEEKEND in THAT TOURNAMENT. This debate started because you said that it was a "useless tournament" with "weak competition" which is you either being a sore lost or just plain ignorant. Ultimately the area is packed with amazingly talented girls and coaches and any team can win. (But I am sure you will be on the sideline claiming that whoever won didnt deserve it of course)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected.SPSG has already won the IAAM A. All the other 13 teams are playing for 2nd. You are a typical private school
snob parent.
Sorry that's what you took from my comments, all I said was that SPSG was the best that weekend at that tournament. Same I would say if my daughters school ever won a tournament or the IAAM. My frustration was based on the fact that you called the tournament "useless" and that there were "weak teams" which is wrong on so many levels. Let the girls enjoy their win without some disgruntled dad challenging their success

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected. SPSG has already won the IAAM A. All the other 13 teams are playing for 2nd. You are a typical private school
snob parent.

I WANT TO CHANGE MY ANSWER ON THE IQ, I CAN ONLY ASSUME IT IS BELOW 50. Not assuming that any team will win next year, I specifically said that SPSG was the best THAT WEEKEND in THAT TOURNAMENT. This debate started because you said that it was a "useless tournament" with "weak competition" which is you either being a sore lost or just plain ignorant. Ultimately the area is packed with amazingly talented girls and coaches and any team can win. (But I am sure you will be on the sideline claiming that whoever won didnt deserve it of course)
snob parent.

Wow, you’re easily irritated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The BWI indoor league is good for reducing roster size eg causing injuries before the season. There is a big disparity in skill levels between teams and often those frustrations result in rough play

The BWI League is a trash league. SPSG stopped playing there because of two ACL tears three years ago. Most teams are sub average.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened? Your kid didn’t get a look during some tournaments? Sounds like it. There are a million excuses in the world, and I bet you can think of all of them. You are the typical parent whose kid is not that good, but you trash everyone else to justify the reason why your kid did not get accolades…and why are you stalking the IL writer??? you are a strange cookie. I bet you can give us every trash like excuse in the world. Perhaps lacrosse isn’t her thing. Try badminton.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know what do you think I’m saying. If you thinking what I’m thinking then you clearly see it too.

Clear agenda? The only agenda is that you have one, because your kid isn’t good enough to get mentioned. Jealousy and envy gets you nothing. You are a pathetic person that loves to think of conspiracy theories and throw them out. That won’t make your kid better at lacrosse. The only thing that I can clearly see is that you are upset, because your kid didn’t get mentioned after her tournaments last fall and summer. Maybe she is in the wrong sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to SPSG. Proves again they are the top hs team in the country. Mcd fails to make playoffs in an easy bracket.
Thanks spsg dad. We’ve been waiting for your post.
Great that SPSG won a useless indoor tournament

I always find it amusing when a comment like this gets posted. "Useless"

Maybe it wasn't useless to the girls who actually showed up and got to play in a competitive environment. Any time you can square off and showcase your skills, it's not useless

But I'm glad your daughter was able to stay home and make TikToks and eat her 20th Chick Fil-A nugget.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen all of those mentioned players, you probably have too. They are exceptional and you know it. I will take any of them on my team. I wish they were on my team! Because your little girl wasn’t mentioned, don’t detest on the others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to SPSG. Proves again they are the top hs team in the country. Mcd fails to make playoffs in an easy bracket.

Maybe it wasn't useless to the girls who actually showed up and got to play in a competitive environment. Any time you can square off and showcase your skills, it's not useless

But I'm glad your daughter was able to stay home and make TikToks and eat her 20th Chick Fil-A nugget.
actually I got her the 30 nugget tray and she finished them off like the champ she is. It's still a useless tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IT may be a "meaningless" championship but its 100% useful. Anytime you play against other teams its useful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good job SPSG. But why the bitterness towards McD??? Let it go

Their coach has already stripped the joy and love of the sport out of players . No use compounding it. can someone post her most recent email /text to players.

Ok, let's see that email.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened? Your kid didn’t get a look during some tournaments? Sounds like it. There are a million excuses in the world, and I bet you can think of all of them. You are the typical parent whose kid is not that good, but you trash everyone else to justify the reason why your kid did not get accolades…and why are you stalking the IL writer??? you are a strange cookie. I bet you can give us every trash like excuse in the world. Perhaps lacrosse isn’t her thing. Try badminton.
WOW, is there a reason that hit a nerve?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clear agenda? The only agenda is that you have one, because your kid isn’t good enough to get mentioned. Jealousy and envy gets you nothing. You are a pathetic person that loves to think of conspiracy theories and throw them out. That won’t make your kid better at lacrosse. The only thing that I can clearly see is that you are upset, because your kid didn’t get mentioned after her tournaments last fall and summer. Maybe she is in the wrong sport.
Why is the attack always "you're kid isn't good enough"??? Get another response please! The comment didn't state that the player didn't deserve the recognition...it's just odd that a "standout" was stated when the player hadn't played a full game yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

actually I got her the 30 nugget tray and she finished them off like the champ she is. It's still a useless tournament.

Congrats on your 11th grade JV player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No nerve at all. Our club team has played against most of those players that got mentioned. They are very good and stand out. By the way, get your timeline correct before you spread the untruth; but that is what you conspiracy theorists do. The only nerve that was hit was yours, and your clear pathetic agenda. There are forums for your conspiracy, so go over to those...which I am sure you have membership.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No nerve at all. Our club team has played against most of those players that got mentioned. They are very good and stand out. By the way, get your timeline correct before you spread the untruth; but that is what you conspiracy theorists do. The only nerve that was hit was yours, and your clear pathetic agenda. There are forums for your conspiracy, so go over to those...which I am sure you have membership.
No "conspiracy"...no "untruth"...no "nerve that was hit was yours"...no "pathetic agenda"....Never said she wasn't a good player, honestly have never seen her play so there's that. But, you keep being you and calling people names...have a great day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats on your 11th grade JV player
TY, she is a handful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No "conspiracy"...no "untruth"...no "nerve that was hit was yours"...no "pathetic agenda"....Never said she wasn't a good player, honestly have never seen her play so there's that. But, you keep being you and calling people names...have a great day.

I have not called you anything. I just called you out for who and what you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s have change of topic…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/comments?storyUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fsports%2F2022%2F01%2F11%2Fone-nations-best-young-lacrosse-players-confronts-lack-diversity-her-sport%2F

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve watched the 24 M&D team many times haven’t ever noticed her. Is she new to the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She plays on the red team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is so confusing? She played on the #1 high school team in the country last year behind a highly talented senior class and is now getting an opportunity to shine (and, she did in this tournament). Good for her and all players like her who will get more opportunities this spring and beyond. I don't think it is unusual for younger players to step up when given the chance particularly on deep talented teams like NDP, SPSG and MCD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s have change of topic…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/comments?storyUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fsports%2F2022%2F01%2F11%2Fone-nations-best-young-lacrosse-players-confronts-lack-diversity-her-sport%2F

As a POC and former lacrosse player I have a lot of concerns about this article. I have been in the locker room and experienced similar conversations. But I feel like there is a lot of spin going on. Just not sure if it's coming from the mom or the writer of the article. Since when is having in-earnest conversations with teammates/friends racist? So many people are scared to talk and get to know eachother for fear of offending. Being friends/teammates means those conversations CAN happen. If it's a conversation, not being cornered. If the friend or teammate offends you and is overtly malicious with their comments/conversation, they aren't a friend. If its a bad time to have those conversations, Tell your teammate, "maybe some other time." The way this is scenario is portrayed for the point of the article seems questionable to me. That may or may not be the case. The teammate could also just be young and notIntelligent.

The rest of this story sounds like the same complaints EVERY lacrosse parent has:
"My kid is REALLY good. Why cant she play a different position?"
EVERY kid wants to play a different position. Especially defenders.

What people are missing is that this kid tried out made her team AS A DEFENDER. No smart coach is ever going to switch a kid out of their normal position on their whim, to try something new. Try that experiment on another's team's time. Or work on it in the offseason and try out for your team at the new position. Rosters made with a plan in mind, so moving a player, particularly a top player like this girl apparently is, changes a lot. Not necessarily for the better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Coach of the A team wanted her to play defense but she went to the B team to play mid. Then basically calls out the A coach as a racist for not allowing her to be a mid. Hopping this is the mom and not the player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What people are missing is that this kid tried out made her team AS A DEFENDER. No smart coach is ever going to switch a kid out of their normal position on their whim, to try something new. Try that experiment on another's team's time. Or work on it in the offseason and try out for your team at the new position. Rosters made with a plan in mind, so moving a player, particularly a top player like this girl apparently is, changes a lot. Not necessarily for the better.

She also plays defense for her high school team as well. She also doesn't take draws for her school either so not sure how she broke the draw control record. This hole article is contrived. Maybe a bit of self publicity arranged by the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wasn't allowed to faceoff when I was in hs.
He always made me play goalie.
So the coach was racist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get this article? She played defense for the US team, so why is their argument that playing Defense for her Club team racist? When did playing defense become racist? When did getting a red card become racist? Am i missing something?

Like Reply Quote
Page 54 of 122 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 121 122
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard