BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 45 1 2 42 43 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Funny watching people try to knock the best program in the history of the sport.

Lately they’ve been an embarrassment!

Now you are embarrassing yourself, your comments are foolish.

Are you not aware of the scandals at Syracuse due to lax players misbehaving ? I can remind you if needed. Also, you claimed that Syracuse is the “best” in the history of lax. Facts are that Syracuse women have never won a championship. That’s not the best, sorry

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny watching people try to knock the best program in the history of the sport.

Are you not aware of the scandals at Syracuse due to lax players misbehaving ? I can remind you if needed. Also, you claimed that Syracuse is the “best” in the history of lax. Facts are that Syracuse women have never won a championship. That’s not the best, sorry

I Believe the poster is talking about md being the “best” in history and that may even be true. Again when you talk about md everything is past tense. Best in history or last 10years.. that roster is average at best last year below that. Not a top 25 player on the roster. IL always over ranks md recruits, really haven’t had a strong class in a few years. Top incoming recruits last year barely sniff the field. 22 class has the #1 recruit but let’s face it none of the last 5 classes have been great. Neither Cummins, Stukenburg, or Wittle and walking through the doors anytime soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does Duke play such a weak schedule?? No wonder they can’t get out of their own way!

Teams have to be above 500 to make the NCAA tournament. Playing in the ACC is a difficult in conference schedule. MD dropped two Ls off this year’s schedule after almost missing it last year.

What "L's"? Maryland only played in conference games last year.[/quote

[quote=Anonymous]Why does Duke play such a weak schedule?? No wonder they can’t get out of their own way!

Teams have to be above 500 to make the NCAA tournament. Playing in the ACC is a difficult in conference schedule. MD dropped two Ls off this year’s schedule after almost missing it last year.

What "L's"? Maryland only played in conference games last year.

Since leaving the ACC MD has played UNC and Cuse every season until the 21 season due to BIG guidelines. UMD wants no part of the ACC smoke. Trying to skate by with a week out of conference schedule to make sure of at large bid to the tournament. NW was a shoe in to win the BIG before Skane went down and probably still win it. If UMD was in the ACC last year wouldn’t of been above .500 and would have missed the tourney. Why they grabbed half a new starting lineup out the portal.

Maryland has dominated UNC over the past 10 seasons Maryland is something like 10 and 4 over UNC. I’m sure they have been even more dominant vs Syracuse.

Maybe it’s UNC and Syracuse who don’t want to play, maybe they are tired of getting beat repeatedly.

Have you seen Syracuse schedule..... Doesn't look like they are ducking anyone

I have seen the Syracuse schedule… looks like they are ducking Maryland 😃

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I Believe the poster is talking about md being the “best” in history and that may even be true. Again when you talk about md everything is past tense. Best in history or last 10years.. that roster is average at best last year below that. Not a top 25 player on the roster. IL always over ranks md recruits, really haven’t had a strong class in a few years. Top incoming recruits last year barely sniff the field. 22 class has the #1 recruit but let’s face it none of the last 5 classes have been great. Neither Cummins, Stukenburg, or Wittle and walking through the doors anytime soon.

Simply put, that is an idiotic post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There post seems pretty accurate to me. When was the last time the top player at Maryland wasn’t from Maryland. I’m from LI and most top players have zero interest in going to Maryland. As the sport grows heads more west and south it will effect schools like Maryland that don’t really have a national draw. Same reason SB will never get over the hump.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There post seems pretty accurate to me. When was the last time the top player at Maryland wasn’t from Maryland. I’m from LI and most top players have zero interest in going to Maryland. As the sport grows heads more west and south it will effect schools like Maryland that don’t really have a national draw. Same reason SB will never get over the hump.

Yeah only thing is your from Maryland Good try tho bud

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah only thing is your from Maryland Good try tho bud

There are probably less than 15 players from Long Island in any grad year that the Maryland Coaches would consider good enough to recruit. That said, players of that caliber can pretty much go to school wherever they want and there are a lot of options that are more attractive than The University of Maryland for a variety of reasons. For the top players from the state of Maryland the University provides a very good school / education at a very very affordable cost and an excellent lacrosse program. Maryland appears to have done pretty well with their formula for success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD glory days are waning. The lacrosse scene is much more widespread than in the past. The best Girls have so many good choices now and any of the top 10 could be the best with the pickup of the right girls. MD could be moving down on a lot of girls list, because of better options for many other reasons than lacrosse. “The whole package”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD glory days are waning. The lacrosse scene is much more widespread than in the past. The best Girls have so many good choices now and any of the top 10 could be the best with the pickup of the right girls. MD could be moving down on a lot of girls list, because of better options for many other reasons than lacrosse. “The whole package”

The lacrosse scene may be more widespread but it’s been pretty much the same 10 to 15 programs that get the lions share of the best players. They have been the same programs for the past 10 years or so and mostly the same for a lot longer than that.

As for Maryland’s glory days waning I would say that is wishful thinking by some.

Maryland will be just fine, I’m sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"MD glory days are waning." Thats funny, I have no Idea how Maryland will be this year but if I had to guess I would say they will be fine. This notion that the program that has dominated women's lacrosse for at least the past 40 years is somehow now going down the tube is laughable.

They have been in 7 of the past 10 championship games winning 4 National Championships during that time but now all of the sudden they are not going to be competitive?

The best girls have always had so many choices that is nothing new.

Didn't Maryland finish the year ranked 10th last year? Some of you talk as if they dropped out of the Top 20.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chill, no one said “going down the tubes”! Look up the definition of “Waning”. Just saying times are a changing, glory days of domination is probably behind them! Lacrosse is way more widespread now. Other, and more schools have a lot to offer along with good lacrosse now. Lots more competition for the best players!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chill, no one said “going down the tubes”! Look up the definition of “Waning”. Just saying times are a changing, glory days of domination is probably behind them! Lacrosse is way more widespread now. Other, and more schools have a lot to offer along with good lacrosse now. Lots more competition for the best players!

Disagree, for the most part the best players are going to the same schools. As for "waning" vs "going down the tubes" there absolutely have been people on here saying that Maryland "stinks" etc...

IMHO, when you look at the programs that consistently outperform the other 100 or so programs the best players have a lot of options and most of the time they choose one of the 15 - 20 programs that always seem to finish the year in the Top 20.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To me in simply comes down to whether MD is still getting the best 5 players in MD each year. For years it was just about automatic that the best players stayed home to be part of the amazing UMD tradition. If they no longer get the best of the best in the state that is a big issue because the out of state best players will rarely choose UMD. They have had an amazing advantage historically of keeping the best local kids - offering close to free education for in-state players was also a big advantage. If they don't get the Top 5 players each year they will start to look more and more like Stony Brook which is still a Top 15 school every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To me in simply comes down to whether MD is still getting the best 5 players in MD each year. For years it was just about automatic that the best players stayed home to be part of the amazing UMD tradition. If they no longer get the best of the best in the state that is a big issue because the out of state best players will rarely choose UMD. They have had an amazing advantage historically of keeping the best local kids - offering close to free education for in-state players was also a big advantage. If they don't get the Top 5 players each year they will start to look more and more like Stony Brook which is still a Top 15 school every year.

Stony brook over UMD? Really? Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m willing to bet that Maryland has finished outside the Top 10 less than 5 times over the past 40 years. They won one of the past 2 National Championships obviously they are bringing in good players and there is no reason to believe that they will not continue to do so. As for “the best 5 players in state of MD” that’s not even possible to accurately assess, ranking of players is opinion based. MD will continue to bring in talent and they will continue to be one of the best programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We'll see. This could be the 3rd sub-par year in a row by UMD standards. UMD and BC were both bad in the first Covid Year (2019). BC bounced back in a big way. UMD may bounce back a bit due to 5th year transfers but that is just a band aid. See UNC and BC continuing as perennial Final Four Teams. Just don't see that being the case for UMD. Historically they have just been better than all other teams - better and deeper due to the in state tuition benefit. Stony Brook has largely excelled due to coaching whereas UMD largely excelled based on talent. JMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We'll see. This could be the 3rd sub-par year in a row by UMD standards. UMD and BC were both bad in the first Covid Year (2019). BC bounced back in a big way. UMD may bounce back a bit due to 5th year transfers but that is just a band aid. See UNC and BC continuing as perennial Final Four Teams. Just don't see that being the case for UMD. Historically they have just been better than all other teams - better and deeper due to the in state tuition benefit. Stony Brook has largely excelled due to coaching whereas UMD largely excelled based on talent. JMO.

Maryland won the National Championship in 2019.

In 2020 Maryland was ranked 11 in the final poll of the Covid shortened season.

In 2021 Maryland finished the year ranked 10th.

Do you really consider that bad?

Not sure why Stony Brook was brought into the conversation but Stony Brook has had plenty of talent for many years now. Comparing Stony Brook and Maryland is an apples & oranges comparison with respect to the schools and the lacrosse programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland has been to the Final Four 31 times since 1978 they will have an off year from time to time (as will all programs) but this nonsense that they will not be one of the top programs any longer is a bit ridicules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By UMD standards being ranked in the #8 - #11 range is awful especially if it happens for 2-3 consecutive years. Keep in mind that there is a HUGE difference between being a Final Four Team and #8 - #11. There is actually a huge drop-off after about #6 in the country. ND was ranked around #6 last year and they suffered running clock losses to UNC and BC at the end of the year. MD should not be celebrating any ranking worse than #8 in my opinion. At that level they simply are not competitive with the best teams. I don't think Alabama or Clemson celebrate being anything but a Final Four Team. JMO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By UMD standards being ranked in the #8 - #11 range is awful especially if it happens for 2-3 consecutive years. Keep in mind that there is a HUGE difference between being a Final Four Team and #8 - #11. There is actually a huge drop-off after about #6 in the country. ND was ranked around #6 last year and they suffered running clock losses to UNC and BC at the end of the year. MD should not be celebrating any ranking worse than #8 in my opinion. At that level they simply are not competitive with the best teams. I don't think Alabama or Clemson celebrate being anything but a Final Four Team. JMO

BC traded places with MD. Fact!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you take lacrosse out of the equation, Maryland is barely a desirable school. BC is a much better option on many levels, and now add a better option as far as lacrosse as well, we will see for how long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please. Take a look at BC, they finished the year at 19 in 2020 with basically the same exact team. They were blown out by UNC & Syracuse in 2021 and yet were able to win the NC . Not much difference between the Top 10 or so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you take lacrosse out of the equation, Maryland is barely a desirable school. BC is a much better option on many levels, and now add a better option as far as lacrosse as well, we will see for how long.

UMD is very hard to get into, it’s one of the top public universities in nation, is miles from the most powerful city in the world and has one of the top journalism and engineering programs around.

Yes, College Park is undesirable.

Kids also seem to like going south in many cases, maybe it’s weather related but they do a solid job of attracting NJ NY down there.

BC great school but it’s not for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s ridiculous saying not much difference in the top 10. I agree BC hit their stride at the right time, but UMD was not in the conversation last year. Now if you said not much difference in the top 4 that would be different

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UMD is very hard to get into, it’s one of the top public universities in nation, is miles from the most powerful city in the world and has one of the top journalism and engineering programs around.

Kids also seem to like going south in many cases, maybe it’s weather related but they do a solid job of attracting NJ NY down there.

Go West, young women! Up and coming!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both good schools with great lacrosse. Both will continue to thrive but obviously there are a lot of options for the top players and many are stronger academically. To each their w own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time will tell but I would not bet against Maryland. The Terps may have off years from time to time but I’m sure they will continue to be one of the top programs.

As for BC being a much better option on many levels that’s all opinion and really irrelevant because MD & BC are not the only options.
The strongest players will be recruited by most if not all of the strongest programs. It’s a diverse group of schools so most of the top players will be able to find a good fit at one of them.

Nothing wrong with BC but when you look at the Top 10 - 20 programs there are many options that a lot of recruits will find more attractive for a variety of reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s ridiculous saying not much difference in the top 10. I agree BC hit their stride at the right time, but UMD was not in the conversation last year. Now if you said not much difference in the top 4 that would be different

Duke finished the year ranked # 8…. The lost to UNC by 1, they lost to BC by 2…. I would say not much difference there. Maryland finished ranked #10 and they lost to Duke by 1 … again, not much of a difference. Any given day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Marylands's top 22 recruit played on Yellow Jackets. While not from LI, she was from Minnesota. Shows they still have a national draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke finished the year ranked # 8…. The lost to UNC by 1, they lost to BC by 2…. I would say not much difference there. Maryland finished ranked #10 and they lost to Duke by 1 … again, not much of a difference. Any given day.

Duke also lost 6-13 to UNC 5-15 to Cuse 10-22 to Northwestern They are not even close to those teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke also lost 6-13 to UNC 5-15 to Cuse 10-22 to Northwestern They are not even close to those teams

BC lost to UNC by 11, there was a running clock early second half… the final was 21 - 9

BC lost to Syracuse by by 9 … they were down 8-1 in the first half, the game was never close the Final was 16 - 7.

BC struggled with Duke it was a 1 goal game with 3 minutes to go… final 17-15 … that is close.

Sorry, you can’t have it both ways. Any given day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Marylands's top 22 recruit played on Yellow Jackets. While not from LI, she was from Minnesota. Shows they still have a national draw.

Of course they do, very good school and a great lacrosse program. I have not met too many Maryland Alum who did not have a very positive experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC lost to UNC by 11, there was a running clock early second half… the final was 21 - 9

BC lost to Syracuse by by 9 … they were down 8-1 in the first half, the game was never close the Final was 16 - 7.

BC struggled with Duke it was a 1 goal game with 3 minutes to go… final 17-15 … that is close.

If Charlotte North stays at Duke, they win Natty. She goes to BC and they win Natty. Probably the only current player with that kind of impact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of Schools with women’s lacrosse here.,.

Maybe this will force these universities to make attending more affordable to middle class / income kids.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna11643

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes anyone could see why Baltimore is a beautiful city.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes anyone could see why Baltimore is a beautiful city.

You think UMD is in Baltimore do you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Charlotte North stays at Duke, they win Natty. She goes to BC and they win Natty. Probably the only current player with that kind of impact.

No way. She played two years at Duke and they didn’t even make the NCAA tournament! She was really good at Duke from day one, one of their best if not the best player on their roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a team sport... She was at Duke for two years and I do not believe Duke finished in the Top 20. She was at BC in 2020 and they finished the season Ranked 19. Obviously a great player that would help any team but it takes a lot more than 1 player to win a National Championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way to beat BC is to put a shut off on North. Look at the teams that did and were very successful when even completely overmatched. Louisville game1, Syracuse in dome SU win easy and UVA second game.(I realize they destroyed Louisville game 2) . She is an amazing player. You can’t let that great of a player have her comfort zone. Even if she gets out of shut off most likely going to be getting ball in different then place then where she loves to attack from the right side. If she can do that she causes many problem with slides and Bc great ball movement. BTW this isn’t any enlightening strategy to be honest but many don’t do it. Must be a pride thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way to beat BC is to put a shut off on North. Look at the teams that did and were very successful when even completely overmatched. Louisville game1, Syracuse in dome SU win easy and UVA second game.(I realize they destroyed Louisville game 2) . She is an amazing player. You can’t let that great of a player have her comfort zone. Even if she gets out of shut off most likely going to be getting ball in different then place then where she loves to attack from the right side. If she can do that she causes many problem with slides and Bc great ball movement. BTW this isn’t any enlightening strategy to be honest but many don’t do it. Must be a pride thing.

What you are saying is: Defense Wins.

Like Reply Quote
Page 44 of 45 1 2 42 43 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard